|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Mirrodin Besieged (MBS)||Uncommon|
|Mirrodin Besieged: Phyrexia (MBP)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Artifact Creature — Myr
T: Add 1 to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (6)||buildingadeck , Faceless_Being , dplerner , aeonstoremyliver , rockleemyhero , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
|Want (3)||mlouden03 , Ariumlegion , georgehades|
Plague Myr Discussion
9 hours ago
I still haven't finished posting in the description what I have tried out before and what is being tested at the moment. As for the Myr Retriever, I am currently testing out Scrap Trawler in it's place. I think I might actually prefer the Retriever over the Trawler because of the lower mana cost and the fact that I can get high casting cost artifacts back easier, but haven't had a chance to test it out yet. I prefer Iron Myr over Plague Myr because of the it gives in case someone wipes the lands on the board, I still have some red mana access. The -1/-1 counters from infect are quite nice though, but still rather slow. I might have to check it out. As for the Hangarback Walker, I didn't even know this card existed and I am very interested in trying this out. I took out Myr Propagator to try out Golem Foundry because it seemed to cost a lot of mana and my deck actually has a decent amount of card draw. The Hangarback definitely seems like it deserves a run in the spot. Only bad thing is I don't have any add +1/+1 counter effects that I would use on artifact creatures and no proliferate. Still though, by itself...
9 hours ago
2 weeks ago
Current Deck Criticisms/Upgrades
- Tooth and Nail, Craterhoof Behemoth, and Blightsteel Colossus seem out of place. Tooth and Nail feels like there should be a combo win in here to fetch. I don't know how you play, but I always hold a few creatures in my hand. I try to stay around 2-4 threats on the field at once so I can recover from wrath effects. Craterhoof could be an Overrun essentially, but that's merely a preference I believe.
- Living Death feels too symmetrical. You don't want them to get their threats back. Sun Titan might do the same job albeit it more slowly.
- Reanimate feels like not enough punch for the deck for a one-and-done effect. Phyrexian Reclamation is a permanent source of card advantage.
- Triumph of the Hordes is another card that could be Overrun/Overwhelming Stampede for one more colorless mana. More bang for the buck than +1/+1.
- Seedborn Muse - You don't have a lot of tap effects or cards with flash. What is this card adding to the deck?
- Counterspell - Negate and Arcane Denial are easier to cast with your mana base even though the former is slightly limited. The latter provides replaces itself. Both also seem better than the conditionally useful Corrupted Resolve.
- Crop Rotation - Is this the Inkmoth Nexus-finder? If you need more infect creatures, I would just add more creatures instead of fetching up a land.
- Slip Through Space - Although not a cantrip, Artful Dodge does the same thing and you can use it twice via flashback.
New Card Suggestions
I would strongly recommend some mana ramp and mana fixing:
Increase Color Availability
- Golgari Signet
- Noble Hierarch - Fixes mana and pumps creatures -- win-win!
- Orzhov Signet
- Plague Myr - colorless mana in a pinch AND infect!
- Simic Signet
- Contagion Engine - You really want this card. It closes out games on its own.
- Spread the Sickness - Slow/late game (5 CMC) removal, but it proliferates.
- Fuel for the Cause - Slow/late game (4 CMC) counterspell, but it proliferates.
- Corpse Cur - Eternal Witness #2 (almost) and it has infect.
- Lux Cannon - Not the fastest around, but a steady source of removal.
- Spinebiter - Infect with built-in "evasion".
- Trigon of Infestation - With a proliferation source, you can keep using this to recover from board wipes or cost-effectively overwhelm opponents.
4 weeks ago
Well, I tried the deck out tonight as it is here and I think 4 Jarad's Orders are a must. I actually am thinking of dropping down to 2 Grisly Salvage, splashing blue for Blighted Agent with 2 Misty Rainforest and 3 Breeding Pools, adding the Jarad's Orders, and then throwing in Opt when it releases. So, it will change a pretty great deal yet again. What I didn't like about the deck before the switch over to infect was how few creatures hit the board and don't effect a win strategy, now it's balanced out a bit more and I can hit early with infect. I also am replacing Birds of Paradise with Plague Myr.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Mono-green Infect isn't that common but I guess it could still work. You'll just have to max out on protection spells and hope you can ride your creatures to victory. I suggest cutting Unnatural Predation and Livewire Lash completely; and then maxing out on the more efficient things like Vines of Vastwood and Might of Old Krosa etc. Rancor is also good in main. And definitely play 4 Inkmoth Nexus (I know it's not that budget) and 1-2 Pendelhaven if you have them. I'd play Blight Mamba over Plague Myr myself, the regenerate ability seems more useful than producing mana.
You can play a 1-of Revenge of the Hunted if you feel lucky!
So, 4 G.Elf, 4 I.Myr, 4 B.Mamba (12 creatures), 4 I.Nexus, 1 Pendelhaven, 16 Forest (21 lands), 4 B.Defense, 4 V.Vastwood, 4 M.Krosa, 3 M.Growth, 3 A.Blessing, 3 Rancor, 3 L.Life, 1 Groundswell, 1 B.Immense, 1 R.Hunted (27 spells).
1 month ago
Maybe add some more creatures at least get up to 15
More trample or evasion would be nice which is why I recommended Canopy Cover since its hex proof and evasion in one.
Keep a note that Livewire Lash damage counts as infect damage when used on an infect creature, which means that you can deal 2 poison counters for each spell you cast