|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Common|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Izzet vs. Golgari (DDJ)||Common|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Izzet Boilerworks enters the battlefield tapped.
When Izzet Boilerworks enters the battlefield, return a land you control to its owner's hand.
: Add to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||plof , frederiklw , Grantley91 , CAPTAINxCOOKIES , bakeraj4 , Mousemke , richardmv , fireborne1986 , LTmiller , bakunet , NobleSlay3r , MoJoMiXuP , SirCorey ,|
Izzet Boilerworks Discussion
2 weeks ago
Finally got a chance to sit down and edit the decklist. I removed Izzet Boilerworks, Call the Skybreaker, Inexorable Tide, Syncopate, and Clash of Wills. Tezzeret's Gambit, Diminishing Returns, Fuel for the Cause, and Mystic Remora were put in. I see what you mean about the X counterspells, but having a few to generate experience counters are nice. If the deck runs correctly, Master the Way should be dealing an absurd amount of damage as long as I'm not top decking. Ravaging Blaze is just good budgeted spot removal and burn. Spelltwine happens to be super versatile when it comes to my graveyard, and there is going to be at least 1 good sorcery and instant in 3 other plays graveyards. I'm on the fence on Wild Ricochet as I see what you are saying.
2 weeks ago
So this will be the same as my above comment. Anything I mention here does not mean that they are bad cards, rather I personally think they are less efficient for your deck's goals and strategies.
These are some cards I would look into cutting/replacing: Show
- Personally, I'm not huge on this card. Two 5/5 flyers is okay for blocking, but with all the control this deck puts out it doesn't really matter if you have chumps in the air. Plus, losing land drops/mana means casting less things, which is never good.
- All are good cards, but lose their strength when you don't have Mizzix out. Additionally, they aren't hard counters. Meaning that if your opponent does have the mana to sink into it, you're out of luck. Swan Song, Red Elemental Blast, and/or Pyroblast could be good replacements.
- I know this one seems crazy to take out, but really after you get so many XP counters, getting extra counters doesn't really matter. I see that Tezzeret's Gambit is in the side board, so I would say through that in here instead. That can be free card draw, while also providing Proliferate.
- Additionally, you get no discount on casting this 5 drop. Mystic Remora could also be considered as a replacement for this, because early game that card can essentially be Ancestral Recall in one turn rotation.
- I hate the bounce lands because they set you so far behind tempo. I honestly think running 36 lands will be fine for this deck, so I recommend cutting this in favor of one of the cheap draw cards (which help land drop consistency).
- This is alright, but without the Mizzix discount this is pretty pricy to draw a card and deal some amount of damage. It has a high ceiling of dealing a chunk of damage, but it can definitely be a dead card sometimes.
- Not a bad card, but Diminishing Returns is probably a better card overall, so I'd say just swap these out.
- You will most likely hit the Spell Mastery, but I hate how it is an X spell that has to be set up in order to not be solely creature removal. I'd say take this out for Pyroblast or Red Elemental Blast, in my opinion.
- This can be a huge whiff, and the lack of control you have over the kind of deck your opponent plays/what is in their graveyard makes this too unreliable. Your play group may make this card playable, so in that case keep it. If not, it might be too expensive CMC-wise to justify the variance this card has.
- I know that this is essentially Ancestral Recall, but I think that Dig Through Time is the better card between the two because of its instant speed. It gives you more cards insight for better selection as well.
- Similar to Pull from the Deep, just having Diminishing Returns in here replaced the need for both of these cards.
- I've never been to huge on this card, and really you only need so much, if any, redirection in your deck. You have cheaper (granted, less powerful) redirection in this deck, so I would recommend just swapping this specific one out for Fuel for the Cause. More Proliferate and more counter magic is always good.
I won't suggest any more until you see these and gauge whether or not these would be good cuts and replacements. I know there is more you could do if you wanted to, so let's just see what you think so far before we get too crazy here! Haha. Keep me updated on what you're thinking, man! Always enjoy helping other players.
4 weeks ago
and thank you for your feedback. You're absolutly right about my slow lands.
I instantly replaced:
- Simic Growth Chamber with Misty Rainforest
- Gruul Turf with Stomping Ground
- Izzet Boilerworks with Temple of Epiphany which commes tapped, but the scry is even better in this deck than usually because of Intet, the Dreamers ability.
I will give my lands a another close look, and decide if I can spare/afford some more of the good Fetchlands like Wooded Foothills and the like.
Just yesterday, when I played Commander FNM in the store I got kind of run over by Arahbo, Roar of the World who in a 6-player-game somehow thought than only I needed savage beating of 7+ damage starting from turn 3. With faster lands maybe I will in the future have a quicker response...
Thanks again for your feedback!!
Also I'm not quite happy with the really big creatures in my deck. The Preators especially Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur are good but draw a lot of hate in multiplayer games an don't kill the oppoments. I need some real finishers. If anyone has some good suggestions besides Craterhoof Behemoth, which I already plan to aquire, please let me know.
4 weeks ago
Hey! Thanks for checking out my deck. I've taken a couple of the suggestions. Yours is a lot more creature heavy, much more aggressive than mine it seems. I like the take. What i suggest for you is mainly on the landbase. You have a LOT of powerful creatures to cast with intet, but the landbase slows you down on playing her and ramping out to get them out or intet herself in order to do it quickly or more efficiently i should say.
You run a bit too many tap lands. Each one slows you down by a turn. Turn 1 spells are turn 2, turn 2 are 3 depending on how many you have in the opening and etc. I know some of them have pretty decent abilities, but they run the risk of being destroyed by other lands or creatures. Izzet Boilerworks,Gruul Turf and Simic Growth Chamber are by far the worst. Unlike the other tap lands, these have a great potential to slow you down by 2 turns instead of one and actually don't help with ramp at all. They are good in decks that can abuse them but otherwise should be replaced by a basic or fetch. You run 3 of the original dual lands which you can fetch with them, Taiga,Volcanic Island and Tropical Island. Or just with regular shock lands.
1 month ago
Hi! Fun deck in my favorite tri-color combo! Let's see if I cant't help ya out!
usually I give suggestions for decks as a whole, but seeing how your mana base is just basics, I'll focus on that instead so as not to info dump haha
This is the basic template for a mana base that I use. It's consistent but not optimal; it gets the job done.
this list will run you around $50, which is very budget relatively but I understand if that's too much for you at the moment. Investing in your mana base is the safest thing to invenst in because you can use all of these for any other Jeskia build, or scrap the parts for 1-2 other multicolor decks. If you stick with this deck forever that's okay too, because even though you may change the decks' parts, strategy, and synergies, your mana base will remain relatively intact.
Shivan Reef x1
Sulfur Falls x1
5x other utility lands, specific to your commander/strategy
Hope that helps you! Good luck!
1 month ago
I can't respond to your FB post so I'll do it here. With all the symmetrical draw you have I'd suggest running something like Mind's Eye and Consecrated Sphinx that way you always gain some value. I'm not a fan of the Ravnica bounce lands like Izzet Boilerworks because it's too big of a target for land destruction and unless you have a way to untap it multiple times in a turn it's rarely worth the risk instead i'd run something with more utility like a Riptide Laboratory also The land count is a little low at 36 (35 because maze doesn't tap for mana). If you do run Riptide Laboratory I'd consider a small package to make a lot of use out of it like Venser, Shaper Savant and Trinket Mage. Trinket Mage might as well be the new front man for smash mouth because he's an all star and can fetch up bombs like Sensei's Divining Top and Sol Ring. Don't underestimate Riptide Laboratory because being able to save your general in a pinch is great also you're already running a lot of wizards as well. It seems like you're running quite a few tax cards (study, kazuul, propaganda) I'd take a look at Crystal Shard because it's always fun to catch someone when they're being greedy also you can make good use out of it too. That being said it looks like a fun multiplayer deck :D
1 month ago
Breeding Pool, Steam Vents, Stomping grounds, Cinder Glade, Game Trail, Evolving Wilds, Terramorphic Expanse, Frontier Bivouac, Temple of Abandon, Temple of Epiphany, Temple of Mystery, Gruul Turf, Izzet Boilerworks, Simic Growth Chamber, Hinterland Harbor, Rootbound Crag, Kazandu Refuge, Rugged Highlands, Swiftwater Cliffs, Thornwood Falls, Shivan Reef, Yavimaya Coast, Gruul Guildgate, Highland Lake, Izzet Guildgate, Shivan Oasis, Simic Guildgate, Timber Gorge, Woodland Stream, Highland Weald, Arcane Lighthouse, Homeward Path, Kessig Wolf Run, Rogue's Passage, Skarrg, the Rage Pits, Command Tower, Forbidden Orchard, Path of Ancestry, Lumbering Falls, Wandering Fumarole, Savage Ventmaw, Shaman of Forgotten Ways, Somberwald Sage, Xenagos, the Reveler
3 months ago
I don't think haste is your issue. Demons, like Angels (and Dragons) are all (For the most part) incredibly high in terms of CMC. Your land base can not support the "weight" of the high costing cards. I know you see these cards as essential, but they're not.
Let us start simple. (Pardon the Caps)
AVOID "ENTERS TAPPED" LANDS!!!!
Your deck lacks the necessary cards it needs to be allowed to have tapped lands. Lands that just produce a single mana (Don't care how many colors it can make) should be avoided here. Crumbling Necropolis, Rakdos Carnarium, and Izzet Boilerworks should all be removed and replaced with better lands. Crypt of Agadeem can stay, as it works well with what your deck is so far. I don't like Evolving Wilds & Terramorphic Expanse as the lands they bring have to be basic and enter tapped. (Good Early or Late game, but hurt if drawn Mid game) I especially don't like Myriad Landscape, enters tapped, fetches only for basic, and they enter tapped (In this deck, it doesn't matter if it's 2, it's still too "slow". Hell, it's not even a good mana fixer in certain situations)
I did the math for you. You require atleast 38 lands (That's personal experience)Out of those 38, atleast 32 should tap for colored mana. Out of those 32, 22 lands should be able to tap for black mana, 6 for red, and atleast 4 for blue. Some of these lands should be able to tap for atleast 2 of those colors.
Replacements for lands (These ain't cheap, but it fixing your mana base is essential to this deck running correctly, you don't have to take these suggestions, but your current choices are detrimental to your decks' current state: Cabal Coffers, Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth (Lots of Black Mana). Blood Crypt, Watery Grave, & Steam Vents are very very valuable in both senses, they will help fix your mana. Fetchlands are a maybe, but not a must if you can buy them, do so, otherwise, don't, same goes with the original duals (Underground Sea,Badlands, & Volcanic Island). You could use Battle Lands instead (There is no enemy colored cycle yet) those being Sunken Hollow and Smoldering Marsh.
If you don't want to get the shock's, you could try and removing the blue red cards that have more than 1 Red or Blue mana symbol. (As they seem like the two colors you are splashing, and having more than 1 mana symbol means more lands to generate that mana, or if you're cheap, more lands in general.
You're also gonna have to cut some of the more expensive cards that don't pull their weight or are not worth the expensiveness. I really think you run too many creatures and would recommend reducing the count to around 20/25.(Something like Bloodgift Demon for Phyrexian Arena)
Please consider these suggestions if you want this deck to function efficiently.