|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Guilds of Ravnica: Guild Kit (GK1)||Common|
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Uncommon|
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Common|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Izzet vs. Golgari (DDJ)||Common|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Izzet Boilerworks enters the battlefield tapped.
When Izzet Boilerworks enters the battlefield, return a land you control to its owner's hand.
: Gain .
|Have (4)||, Vasbear1 , metalmagic , rockleemyhero|
|Want (6)||Abar8520 , DaSquish , Coconut42 , ausername , violist55 , Chrizz|
Izzet Boilerworks Discussion
14 hours ago
You may play around Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis 's ability. Tatyova, Benthic Druid will give you extra card draw whenever you get a land on the field. Reliquary Tower is cheap now, and works wonders. You surely will have 5 lands on turn 4, so Temple of the False God is really good.
You should also consider Azorius Chancery , Boros Garrison , Gruul Turf , Selesnya Sanctuary , Simic Growth Chamber , Izzet Boilerworks . You play your untapped land for the turn normally, then play one of those with K&T's ability. You get ahead of mana since these lands tap for 2 mana.
I suggest removing Azorius Guildgate , Blossoming Sands , Boros Guildgate , Gruul Guildgate , Izzet Guildgate , Simic Guildgate , Tranquil Cove , Vivid Grove , Haunted Fengraf and Unstable Frontier for the lands above.
Do you want to see chaos happen? Hive Mind , Knowledge Pool , Thousand-Year Storm , Eye of the Storm , Shared Fate , Gate to the AEther , Possibility Storm , Ruhan of the Fomori , Perplexing Chimera , Dictate of the Twin Gods , Furnace of Rath , Gratuitous Violence , Mind's Dilation , Sunbird's Invocation .
Do you want to give more resources to them? Eladamri's Vineyard , Dictate of Karametra , Zhur-Taa Ancient , Heartbeat of Spring , Heartwood Storyteller , Intellectual Offering , Keeper of Progenitus , Well of Ideas , Rites of Flourishing , Ghirapur Orrery . Zendikar Resurgent and Mirari's Wake .
1 day ago
- -1 Barren Moor +1 Azorius Signet
- -1 Lonely Sandbar +1 Dimir Signet
- -1 Tranquil Thicket +1 Gruul Signet
- -1 Forgotten Cave +1 Simic Signet
- -1 Secluded Steppe +1 Boros Signet
- -1 Azorius Chancery +1 Coalition Relic
- -1 Boros Garrison +1 Thran Dynamo
- -1 Dimir Aqueduct +1 Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx
- -1 Golgari Rot Farm +1 Wandering Fumarole
- -1 Gruul Turf +1 Raging Ravine
- -1 Izzet Boilerworks +1 Celestial Colonnade
- -1 Orzhov Basilica +1 Creeping Tar Pit
- -1 Rakdos Carnarium +1 Hissing Quagmire
- -1 Selesnya Sanctuary +1 Pentad Prism
- -1 Simic Growth Chamber +1 Riftwing Cloudskate
- -1 Mantis Rider +1 Duplicant
- -1 Psychatog +1 Thought Erasure
- -1 Drooling Groodion +1 Vraska, Relic Seeker
- -1 Ancestral Mask +1 Inferno Titan
- -1 Twisted Abomination +1 Exhume
- -1 Sengir Vampire +1 Animate Dead
- -1 Ravenous Rats +1 Unburial Rites
- -1 Spirit Mantle +1 Angel of Invention
- -1 Brood Butcher +1 Cloudgoat Ranger
- -1 Elephant Guide +1 Verdurous Gearhulk
- -1 Gladecover Scout +1 Terastodon
1 week ago
2 months ago
Hey, Sage of Fables works well with Marchesa, Viscera, Haruspex, Disciple of Bolas , Puppeteer Clique , Sower of Temptation , etc. It also can be a draw engine by removing +1/+1 counters from your creatures.
To help the less than ideal manabase consider Trophy Mage just to tutor for Chromatic Lantern ? Or she can get Ashnod's. Consider Brainstorm , Ponder , Impulse , Read the Bones to help to find lands or other cards? Another way to help the manabase is with more mana rocks Rakdos Signet , Izzet Signet , Dimir Signet , Fellwar Stone .
Lands that won't break the bank to consider adding: Exotic Orchard , Choked Estuary , Foreboding Ruins , Grixis Panorama , Ash Barrens , Dimir Aqueduct , Rakdos Carnarium , Izzet Boilerworks , Reliquary Tower , Smoldering Marsh , Sunken Hollow , Shivan Reef . Most of these lands have good interaction with basic lands since there's a lot of them here and I suggest adding more in place of the lands that ETB (enter the battlefield) tapped such as Urborg Volcano . The Bounce lands (Aqueduct, Carnarium, Boilerworks) work well with basic lands and other lands that can ETB untapped.
Consider this budget manabase:
- Command Tower
- Exotic Orchard
- Grixis Panorama
- Ash Barrens
- Crumbling Necropolis
- Guildmages' Forum
- Opal Palace
- Evolving Wilds
- Choked Estuary
- Foreboding Ruins
- Dimir Aqueduct
- Rakdos Carnarium
- Izzet Boilerworks
- Reliquary Tower
- Smoldering Marsh
- Sunken Hollow
- Shivan Reef
- 6x Island
- 8x Swamps
- 6x Mountain
If you like some of suggestions I offer help to make cuts. By the way there's 2x Skullclamp here ;)
Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
Out: - Citadel Siege - Crucible of Fire - Dragon Breath - Dragon Fangs - Dragon Scales - Dragon Shadow - Fervent Charge - Mighty Emergence - Sarkhan's Unsealing - Triumph of Ferocity - Atarka Monument - Dragon's Hoard - Dromoka Monument - Kolaghan Monument - Ojutai Monument - Silumgar Monument - Response / Resurgence - Akoum Hellkite - Bone Dragon - Dromoka, the Eternal - Flameblast Dragon - Foe-Razer Regent - Furyborn Hellkite - Hoarding Dragon - Jugan, the Rising Star - Mana-Charged Dragon - Nicol Bolas - Shieldhide Dragon - Azorius Chancery - Gruul Turf - Izzet Boilerworks - Orzhov Basilica - Rakdos Carnarium - Simic Growth Chamber
Replacement Options - Atarka, World Render - Boneyard Scourge - Broodmate Dragon - Darigaaz Reincarnated - Dragonlord Kolaghan - Harbinger of the Hunt - Hellkite Tyrant - Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund - Kokusho, the Evening Star - Nesting Dragon - Rith, the Awakener - Ryusei, the Falling Star - Scourge of the Throne - Utvara Hellkite - Vaevictis Asmadi, the Dire - Skyshroud Claim - Nissa's Pilgrimage - Farseek - Sol Ring - Smothering Tithe - Dragonspeaker Shaman - Earthquake - Commander's Sphere - Chromatic Lantern - Darksteel Ingot - Wayfarer's Bauble - Fellwar Stone - Armillary Sphere - Burnished Hart - Mirari's Wake - Curse of Opulence - Unclaimed Territory - Exotic Orchard - Mountain s, Swamp s, Forest s, Island s, Plains
2 months ago
Okay so I've got some time, let's get into this...
1) I think Shu-Yun is an interesting choice for a budget commander because he relies on killing opponents quickly, but with budget decks, you're going to be winning much later in the game. He's also interesting because he focuses on quick combat instead of really building up a boardstate. I think the first thing to do would be to abolish the idea of a turn 4-6 win, decks like ours are going to try and grind out the game with cheap removal and synergy, waiting for the right time to strike. Maybe the problem is that the deck wants to win too fast and the budget can't compensate for that, just my idea.
2)You should probably cut the uncommons, things like Invert/Invent, Jace's Ingenuity , Rush of Blood (even though this card is super cool and I'm going to put in one of my other decks), Concentrate , Rise from the Tides , Butcher's Cleaver , Hero's Blade , Inquisitor's Flail , Vessel of Endless Rest , Illusory Ambusher , Smelt-Ward Minotaur , and Whirler Rogue . While these cards are awesome in the deck, they're a huge deficit to your budget and cutting them is 12 less cards. I've found that with a budget like this, it's best to cut to $0.15 commons. Will it be as fast? No. Will it be $10 or under? Yes.
3)Have you considered building from the bottom up? Instead of adjusting my previous commanders, I usually just pull out a fresh sheet of paper and start from there. I feel that it opens up more gateways for deckbuilding and instead of having to cut expensive cards, you can decide which cards to add one at a time. Cutting is also just kind of negative and personally I feel a lot happier seeing: "this card is so sweet for $0.15!" Instead of: "Ugh I can't run this card because it's over budget." This could just be me of course.
4) As for specific cuts, here's what I'd take out(excluding the uncommons I pointed out earlier): Artificer's Epiphany : There are better draw spells out there; Contradict : Again, there are better spells; Depths of Desire : Generally, I dislike bounce, even in Red/Blue but this spell just isn't good, especially when you want to cast Shu Yun on turn 3; Enhanced Awareness : Way too expensive for the effect; Leave in the Dust : From your comments, it seems like you want to win faster, so I would cut these mana-intensive bounce spells so you can run cantrips, also Unsummon is $0.15 on SCG; Prying Eyes : yeah this card is just objectively bad in my opinion, even for a $10 deck; Repulse : Same thing I said before about bounce spells, the card draw isn't worth paying more mana; Scatter Arc : I feel like a lot of the bounce/counterspells are in this deck because they say "Draw a card" paying 2 more mana for a negate that draws you a card is not with it, you could do more with that two extra mana. Sweep Away : Yeah this is way too conditional to actually work out; Aether Tunnel : Yes I know you said you wanted to keep this, but playing it makes Shu Yun a huge target and it's budget intensive. Skygames : This enchantment is okay, but It's definitely not great, especially when compared to your other auras; Highland Lake and Izzet Boilerworks : Yes I know it's important to have mana, but running basics gives you more choices. That's pretty much all I've got for now on cuts.
I wish you the best of luck, but I'm about to pass out so goodnight, I hope this made sense!
2 months ago
bushido_man96 as for Amulet of Vigor yes your absolutely right i did only put in there to speed up my tap lands but with 12 pure Taplands Temple of Silence , Sandsteppe Citadel , Rakdos Carnarium , Orzhov Basilica , Opulent Palace , Nomad Outpost , Izzet Boilerworks , Gruul Turf , Golgari Rot Farm , Dimir Aqueduct , Boros Garrison and Azorius Chancery , and 6 ETB tap unless lands Blood Crypt , Godless Shrine , Isolated Chapel , Overgrown Tomb , Sacred Foundry and Watery Grave think me having Amulet of Vigor is justified.
3 months ago
Izzet Boilerworks occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.09%
U/R (Izzet): 1.89%
U/B/R (Grixis): 0.86%