|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Mythic Rare|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Mythic Rare|
|New Phyrexia (NPH)||Mythic Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
Legendary Creature — Praetor
Other creatures you control get +2/+2.
Creatures your opponents control get -2/-2.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite Discussion
2 days ago
Great field disruption, you get an anthem from Norn, overrun from Kamahl, not to mention that his ability makes people fear boardwipes.
4 days ago
5 days ago
Cards to consider: Armada Wurm Sundering GrowthHuatli, Radiant Champion Giant Adephage Geist-Honored Monk Tendershoot Dryad Kazandu Tuskcaller Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite Storm Herd Aura Shards Beastmaster Ascension Mirari's Wake Shalai, Voice of Plenty Rhys the Redeemed Temmet, Vizier of Naktamun
1 week ago
Solemn Simulacrum is a good ramp addition. I'm also very fond of Hedron Archive in commander. It's "draw two cards" has won me many games. Commander's Sphere also goes along the same premise of Hedron Archive and offers you coloured mana.
I like the deck. It seems powerful and very hard to get around. You got all the late game figured out so I wont suggest on that area. What I think is that there is a little gap in the early to mid game where you aren't doing a whole lot. Gives other decks such as Najeela, the Blade-Blossom and Marath, Will of the Wild a chance to get real far ahead to the point where dropping a Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite might not work quick enough
1 week ago
I played her a long time, but in my playinggroup, Gisela, Blade of Goldnight often gets Bribery'ed, so i build more themespecific and less around big hitter like Gisela, Blade of Goldnight or Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite.
but thanks for the recommendation!
1 week ago
"Heavier on the creatures" because 14 is on the low end of commander and considering the boros colours. Inferno Titan and Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite are perfect examples of creatures that gain a better board state and control the board in their own right. Token generators work simple because Boros has the support to make it work in a control shell and adds another way to win if control isn't. I hate commander decks that only have 1 way to win. My Kess, Dissident Mage commander has 3 different strategies to win. My Breya, Etherium Shaper deck does more than endless combos.
1 week ago
I'd make the following swaps:
You also have way too little lands. With the mana dorks and mana rocks you have I'd recommend at least 35 - 36 lands.
1 week ago
@ForTheOldFrame: Thanks for your upvote and your detailed comment and sorry for posting so late. I was busy the last days and didn't find the time to reply.
I will try to answer to all your suggestion but I myself aren't an expert in EDH too. So maybe I am wrong with some choices and many cards depend on teh playgroup you are playing:
- Mentor of the Meek: Is already on my maybe list and goes in the deck as soon as I can get it.
- Concerted Effort: Is already on my maybe list and goes in the deck as soon as I can get it. But I will probably not build the deck around it. So Lost Auramancers, Plea for Guidance and Windbrisk Heights are out. Especially Windbrisk Heights as my rebels normally only attack once with three creatures or more.
- Land drops are an issue so Journeyer's Kite and Thawing Glaciers are great choice and I will try them out.
- Temple of the False God: I tend to have it on my starting hand nearly every time I play it in a deck. So I am not a big fan of this card. But with Journeyer's Kite and Thawing Glaciers it is maybe worth a try.
- Sword of the Animist: Mostly I need my rebels to control the table and don't have a chance to attack the first rounds.
- Rebels mitigate the lack of good carddraw in white by tutoring for your creatures. Normally I tend to keep 4-6 cards in my hand and use my mana to tutor for rebels or recast Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero so I don't need Jayemdae Tome, Armistice or Slate of Ancestry. Especially the later I think is not a good option with rebels. If you have enough rebels on the field you normally search for Mirror Entity and attack with your army.
- Light of Day synergices very well with Scuttlemutt and Distorting Lens so I will try it out.
- Cataclysm: Great suggestion and I will try to get one ;-)
- Fated Retribution is not the only instant wrath in white. There is also Rout. And I think if I add Cataclysm I am fine with wrath effects.
- Catastrophe and Armageddon are good option, but as I mostly play casual I leave them out.
- Cessation is better than Pacifism but at the moment Pacifism is only a placeholder and will get out of the deck. Presumable for an other suggestion form you.
- My playgroup mostly plays with older cards and so we decided to ban all planeswalkers. So Elspeth Tirel and Gideon of the Trials are out for me.
- Angel's Trumpet is a good card but not in my build, I think it is possibly in rebels but you have to build the deck differently.
- The runes cycle: Great suggestion. As rebels have already good answers against red and black I will try to find room for the three other runes.
- Icatian Store: I don't like the old storage land and I think that Fountain of Cho is strictly better. But normally I need my mana every turn and not a lot of mana in one turn. The only exception is Mirror Entity so I think I don't need it. But maybe I will try it out some day.
- Kongming, "Sleeping Dragon": For mone white Benalish Marshal is better and I will get one for this deck.
- Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite is great but to expensive (money) for me.
- Pariah and Pariah's Shield: I think you are right and the runes are better suited for the deck.
So thanks again for your comment and now I have the problem to find cards to take out for your suggestions ;-)