Creature — Spirit
Soulbond (You may pair this creature with another unpaired creature when either enters the battlefield. They remain paired for as long as you control both of them.)
As long as Deadeye Navigator is paired with another creature, both creatures have ": Exile this creature, then return it to the battlefield under your control."
|Have (6)||sonnet666 , rockleemyhero , pskinn01 , Mortiferus_Rosa , metalmagic , kpral|
|Want (2)||RixFix , tloor27|
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Rare|
|Avacyn Restored (AVR)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Deadeye Navigator + Peregrine Drake
- Deadeye Navigator + Great Whale
- Deadeye Navigator + Palinchron
- Deadeye Navigator + Thassa's Oracle
- Deadeye Navigator + Elvish Visionary
- Archaeomancer + Deadeye Navigator + Walk the Aeons
- Archaeomancer + Deadeye Navigator + Dramatic Reversal
- Deadeye Navigator + Snapcaster Mage
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Deadeye Navigator occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.06%
GU (Simic): 0.56%
Deadeye Navigator Discussion
1 day ago
I'm guessing General Tazri is your commander. As smackjack pointed out, just play Deadeye Navigator + Palinchron / Peregrine Drake / Great Whale then bounce your commander, fetching and playing Kalastria Healer. Then bounce your commander some more.
Tooth and Nail is super good here too, lets you win on the spot.
1 day ago
1 day ago
- Sphinx of Uthuun: Not a wizard. Already have draw elsewhere.
- Gather Specimens: Fairly expensive. Most of the time just gets one creature. Feels bad to play against.
- Clone: Not a wizard (unless we clone one of our wizards)
- Willbender: Can't use for draw unless face up, at which point it's just a body.
- Voidmage Apprentice: Can't use for draw unless face up, at which point it's just a body.
- Deadeye Navigator: Not a wizard. Offers some protection for VIPs and synergy with ETB effects, but we can probably find more utility elsewhere.
- Thassa, God of the Sea: Not a wizard. Scry is ok, but we have draw elsewhere. Not swinging, so the unblockable component isn't used much.
- Ixidron: Not a wizard. Hides our wizards. We have other boardwipe options.
- Skullclamp: We prefer to keep our wizards on the board, and we don't have many tokens to sac to this, so we can get more draw elsewhere.
- Ancestral Memories: Decent filtering, but we can get more draw and other utility elsewhere.
- Simic Manipulator: Slow to build up. Not many big bodies to keep him growing.
- Urza's Bauble: Just filler.
- Fact or Fiction: We get enough draw elsewhere, we don't really need conditional draw.
- Treasure Cruise: Potentially cheap draw is good, but we don't fill up our graveyard quickly and we generally want to keep things in there if we can.
- Guile: Not a wizard. Fairly big body, and synergy with counters, but a bit too threatening. Want to keep a lower profile.
- Stonybrook Banneret: Make all of our wizards cheaper.
- Thassa's Oracle: Make draw a win condition
- Laboratory Maniac: Make draw a win condition.
- Dakra Mystic: Some group hug to make as a less likely target.
- Baral, Chief of Compliance: Value without tapping. Synergy with spells and counters.
- Ertai, Wizard Adept: Counterspells on a stick.
- Naban, Dean of Iteration: Value without tapping. Synergy with ETB effects.
- Graceful Adept: Value without tapping. Uncaps hand size.
- Patron Wizard: All wizards are now cheap counterspells.
- Portal Mage: Send a big bad away. Synergy with Naban.
- Sage of Fables: Makes wizards bigger. Allows for more draw, without needing to tap. Synergy with Naban.
- Glen Elendra Archmage: Repeatable counters when combined with Sage of Fables.
- Surgespanner: Repeatable bounce when combined with Azami, Lady of Scrolls or Patron Wizard
- High Tide: Instant speed ramp. Cheap enough to throw on Isochron Scepter
- Cyclonic Rift: Clear the board. Roughly replaces Ixidron
1 day ago
Timesifter - Based on the article linked above, I definitely qualify as a Timmy (Adrenaline Gamer). I want to see crazy things happen and keep everyone on their toes. This is also why a play EDH and eschew tutors. I don't want my games to be too predictable.
Deadeye Navigator - I like repeatable value, late-game mana sinks, and a resilient board state. This card's open-ended flexibility is a good representation of my philosophy. I don't know what I'll combo it with, but I know it'll be fun and powerful.
Lurking Predators - Big splashy spell that makes everyone take notice? Ongoing effect that changes how people play? Powerful yet unpredictable continuous stream of value? This is everything I want in a card.
1 day ago
I focused heavily on the blinking effect for a cheap (CMC<=3) mix of scarecrows and shapeshifters under my own "Reaper Scarelings" deck (at Archidekt). If you run enough ETB-enablers (Cloudshift, Ephemerate, Acrobatic Maneuver, etc.), it might be worthwhile to include Toothy, Imaginary Friend as a card-draw engine. Consider attaching Deadeye Navigator to an ETB monster as well.
2 days ago
Nice unique take on Muldrotha! For starters, I would try to cut as many nonpermanents as possible because the less of those, the more cards you can cast with Muldrotha. I would take out Counterspell, Devious Cover-Up, and Price of Fame and replace them with cards like Lunar Force and Decree of Silence or even Siren Stormtamer and Kheru Spellsnatcher. You could also replace them with plain removal like Pernicious Deed, Oblivion Stone, Hostage Taker, etc. However, I very much like Spelljack because it is so on theme with the deck, keep it in! In terms of ramp, Cultivate and Explosive Vegetation are great choices, but you can get by with using Sakura-Tribe Elder, Wayfarer's Bauble, Khalni Heart Expedition, The Mending of Dominaria for your ramp package. These are useful because, once again, they are repeatable. I would also cut the Llanowar Elves if you add enough other ramp cards. Archaeomancer can be upgraded for Eternal Witness. Bond of Insight, Merfolk Secretkeeper, and Mire Triton feel a little out of place because they only mill a few cards. If you want big mill spells I would put in Mind Funeral and Traumatize and for permanents that mill, Sidisi, Brood Tyrant, Stitcher's Supplier, and Dreamborn Muse from your sideboard are all great cards and to top it all off Mesmeric Orb is a terrific card. If you want more instant and sorcery recurral The Mirari Conjecture is great for that. I'm not sure what Deadeye Navigator and Peregrine Drake are doing for you when they are on their own. Evil Twin, and any cards that copy other creatures are flavorful additions. Lastly, why not just steal their permanents when you can also steal their turns with Mindslaver. I hope my ideas have helped, and I hope you keep improving this deck!
1 week ago
There is so many combos that I dont know. Just do some research.