Hand of the Praetors
Creature — Zombie
Infect (This creature deals damage to creatures in the form of -1/-1 counters and to players in the form of poison counters.)
Other creatures you control with infect get +1/+1.
Whenever you cast a creature spell with infect, target player gets a poison counter.
|Have (2)||jpv , pskinn01|
Printings View all
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Hand of the Praetors occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Hand of the Praetors Discussion
1 month ago
multimedia, thanks for the comments and suggestions. I'm definitely looking for a Hand of the Praetors & Guardian Project , but couldn't find either one at my LGS when I was building. I didn't realize that Cabal Coffers showed up twice, I just fixed that as well. As far as the dual lands and check lands, I'm definitely working on finding those as well. Totally misread the Sandsteppe Citadel and added it thinking it was Sultai and not Abzan, thanks for catching that. I'll look around for the Shrieking Drake too since that could easily end games. Appreciate all the ideas!
1 month ago
Hand of the Praetors is good way to repeatedly give your opponents infect. Praetors triggers on cast of an Infect creature which can take advantage of the interaction of Shrieking Drake with Yarok. With Yarok Drake gets two bounce triggers, first one bounces itself and the second can bounce any other creature you control with Infect.
Yarok + Shrieking Drake + Cloud of Faeries + four lands equals infinite mana by tapping and untapping those four lands with two Cloud triggers. Use this infinite mana with Viral Drake / Merfolk Skydiver for infinite proliferate after you have given all your opponents a poison counter. You're constantly casting both Cloud and Drake meaning that each time can you trigger Inexorable Tide as another way for infinite proliferate.
Should consider adding a few more dual lands and cutting some basic lands. Cabal Coffers is displayed twice in the manabase which is not allowed in a Commander deck. Sandsteppe Citadel has white mana in it's color identity which isn't allowed because Yarok doesn't have white in it's color identity. Llanowar Wastes , Yavimaya Coast , Breeding Pool could replace three Forests since they can be tapped turn one to make green mana. Hinterland Harbor and Drowned Catacomb are the other Sultai Check lands and they could replace two Islands. With 34 creatures Guardian Project can be good repeatable draw especially since it triggers Yarok, you draw two cards when the creature ETB.
Good luck with your deck.
3 months ago
A few I haven't seen yet:
- Time Reversal (pretty sure at least one of those is a moon)
- Opportunity (7th)
- Dreamborn Muse (Legions, 10th, Commander)
- Higure, the Still Wind (Betrayers, Planechase)
- All Sun's Zenith cards (Mirrodin Besieged)
- Etched Champion (Scars)
- Strionic Resonator (very debatable) (M14, Commander 2019)
- Gustha's Scepter (Alliances)
- Solarion (Fifth Dawn)
- Precursor Golem (Scars)
- Flying Carpet (Revised, Arabian Nights, 4t, 5th, 6th) (on the minaret)
- Oblivion Stone (Mirrodin, Commander)
- Doomsday (arguable) (Masters 25)
- Mortivore (9th, 10th, Odyssey, Commander)
- Ihsan's Shade (Masters 25)
- Dralnu's Pet (Planeshift)
- Ribbons of the Reikai (Betrayers)
- Somnophore (arguable) (Urza's Saga)
- Jace, the Living Guildpact (2015 Core Set)
- Elvish Ranger (Alliances)
- Descendants' Path (Avacyn)
- Burn at the Stake (Avacyn)
- Chaos Imps (Return to Ravnica)
- Enlightened Tutor (right cheek tattoo) (Mirage, 6th)
- Mother of Runes (in the hieroglyphics, top left) (Eternal Masters)
- Nevermore (Innistrad)
- Bottle of Suleiman (Arabian Nights)
- Silent-Blade Oni (Planechase, Commander 2018)
- Angel of Despair (Guildpact, Commander, Ultimate Masters)
- Glacial Fortress (Magic 2010-2013)
- Darkslick Shores (Scars)
- Plateau (arguable) (Alpha-Revised)
- Caged Sun (New Phyrexia, Commander 2014)
- Berserk (on the belt) (arguable) (All editions but A/B/U)
- Brutalizer Exarch (New Phyrexia, Planechase)
- Lotus Cobra (Zendikar, Iconic Masters)
- Homeward Path (Commander, Commander 2013, Commander 2016)
- Lake of the Dead (arguable) (Alliances)
- Tribute to the Wild (Commander, Commander 2015)
- Serene Heart (Mirage)
- Tranquil Domain (arguable) (Mirage)
- Guard Gomazoa (Rise of the Eldrazi, Commander)
- High Tide (Fallen Empires variant 2)
- Ray of Command (Mirage, Commander)
- Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon (arguable) (Scars)
- Thrummingbird (Scars)
- Hand of the Praetors (Scars)
- Sword of Light and Shadow (Modern Masters)
- Sword of Body and Mind (Scars, FTV: Relics)
- Sword of Feast and Famine (Mirrodin Beseiged)
- Sword of War and Peace (New Phyrexia)
- Mana-Charged Dragon (Commander)
- Crucible of Worlds (Fifth Dawn, 10th Ed, Core 2019)
Couple tips when looking for moons: Both actual moons and moon symbols count, so keep an eye out for moons on things like books, texts, and manufactured things in the art. There is no limit on how small they can be, though it's obvious it has to be large enough to make out. Some cards have very small, very sneaky moons hidden in them this way.
5 months ago
uh maybe not, Altered Ego , Carnifex Demon , Fathom Mage , Herald of Secret Streams , Pollenbright Druid , Spinebiter , Thornling , Jiang Yanggu, Wildcrafter , Contagion Clasp , Helm of the Host , Carnifex Demon , Merfolk Skydiver , Aqueous Form , Path of Discovery , Champion of Lambholt , Hand of the Praetors , Bow of Nylea , Path of Discovery ,
8 months ago
1 year ago
Thanks the__odysseus for the suggestions! Hand of the Praetors is a slow card, I know that, but if I'm going to replace that one is for another creature; not for more instants or sorceries because It'll have very few creatures. But thanks again!!
1 year ago
1 year ago
Hey! So with my Atraxa infect, my creatures are killed a fair bit because "Infect is scary", so I always found value in running Kheru Lich Lord as a little bit of recursion. Another all-star in my deck is Altered Ego and Gigantoplasm for some cloning of either a Hand of the Praetors or an Ichor Rats.
Mine is here: https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/poison-in-their-veins/?cb=1539433608 . Just if you want to check out another deck for some ideas.