Creature — Cleric
Whenever another creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may gain 1 life.
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under an opponent's control, you may have that player lose 1 life.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Suture Priest Discussion
3 days ago
Just some thoughts in case they help build off of what Immortalized said or provide any other useful things to look at:
There are a lot of other draw cards too that you might consider:
- Ambition's Cost / Ancient Craving / Read the Bones / Sign in Blood are decent cheap black draw spells that cost a little bit of life
- Phyrexian Arena
- Fact or Fiction
- Telling Time / Brainstorm / Ponder / Preordain / Foresee If you want some Scry/Shuffle/Deck Manipulation with your draw
And countless more. In a deck like this though there's a lot of value to be had in something like Phyrexian Arena since 1 life per upkeep is no biggie with Oloro around
Here's some other good removal to think about:
- Merciless Eviction and Austere Command can give you a lot of options
- Cyclonic Rift / Wash Out / Aether Gale can set an opponent back a lot. Cyclonic Rift for it's overload is the best!
- Curse of the Swine is always fun
- Supreme Verdict if you get overwhelmed or desperate. It's strictly better in my opinion that Wrath of God or Day of Judgment
- Toxic Deluge is another great creature removal if you have life to spare
Slow Down Taxes
Here are some cards that can really halt your opponent's aggression:
- Ghostly Prison / Propaganda / Sphere of Safety to make them pay to attack
- Rhystic Study to make them pay additional for each spell they cast (or let you draw)
- Imposing Sovereign
- Fog Bank / Guard Gomazoa / Wall of Frost Fun cheap defenders that can stick around or eat removal
Some other creatures worth mentioning that tax an opponent's life:
- Fate Unraveler Damage on draw. Can be great for forcing end of game on an opponent's draw step if you get your combos set and can't push it over the edge (unlikley). At any rate he can be pesky.
- Blood Artist / Blood Seeker / Cliffhaven Vampire / Deathgreeter / Falkenrath Noble / Suture Priest / Zulaport Cutthroat All sorts of interactions and costs associated with creatures.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation Life cost to play spells. Another great way to trip some combos and source life for draws.
Here's some other cards that are worth noting:
- Pristine Talisman combos well if you have Oloro out (Tap to gain life, spend the mana to draw the card and cost each opponent 1 life)
- Baleful Strix can be great utility in this kind of deck
- Reliquary Tower Is always great in draw decks
One card I'd definitely recommend ditching is Azor's Elocutors.
Other cards I see that I'd consider removing if it was me:
- Palisade Giant CMC too high for too little bonus in my opinion.
- Azorius Chancery / Dimir Aqueduct / Orzhov Basilica . I've seen these mess up players' tempo and strategy so many times. They're also great value for any opponents running land destruction. Some other options to consider could include: Drowned Catacomb / Glacial Fortress / Isolated Chapel if you want faster mana. OR Temple of Silence / Temple of Enlightenment / Temple of Deceit if you want the bonus scry. OR maybe even something as simple as Scoured Barrens / Tranquil Cove / Dismal Backwater in the hopes the 1 life lets you get a bonus draw.
I used to play an Oloro deck as well (albeit it with a very different affinity ) using a ton more artifacts and some fun combinations around Darksteel Forge and Nevinyrral's Disk . He's a great commander and a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy the deck and can find something useful in any of my suggestions.
Good luck and happy hunting!
1 week ago
My first comment amateur translate to english //it was writen for czechs casuals players//This is classic lifegain deck using classic soul sisters cards Soul Warden and Soul's Attendant for massive lifegainthat helps Ajani's Pridemate to get lots of counters.I hope to flip of Hanweir Militia Captain Flip ASAP for powerfull creature and more trigers from sisters on the end of turn.Doomed Traveler he is a great blocker and when it dies,and return as spirit token and provide me another trigger.I know Genesis Chamber create lot's of token for me and for my opponent but it's give me lot of lives from sisters and when is Suture Priest on battlefield,the opponent losse live for every creature who was cast he.When your oponet have lots of Myr tokens it's time to cast Blood Artist and Zealous Persecution
1 week ago
Good luck with your deck!
1 week ago
@Sargeras-I do play Forbidden Orchard you must have missed it. Also, I used to play white but I cut it for more consistency and because I didn't play much white. I was only using Suture Priest and path so I removed it leaving one Godless Shrine and four Forbidden Orchard and so I kept white on the sideboard. In regard of Dizzy Spell: I like the idea of finding illness more easily but I don't want to play four mana for it and the deck can function without illness. Maelstrom Pulse provides token removal while still being useful without the hunteds. I am debating over whether to put back in some of the cards you noted above for white. Thank you for your suggestions!
1 week ago
I haven't seen a Blood Illness list in quite some time, so +1 for bringing back such a unique build! (It never really left the kitchen table but it was fun)
A couple suggestions,
Since you aren't using white (which would give you access to Twilight Drover, Suture Priest, Zealous Persecution, and Orzhov Pontiff) I'd recommend playing some kind of direct tutor effect to get you illness or a hunted creature, (I don't know exactly what, I know Dizzy Spell is the only transmute for a one drop it's just an idea) simply to improve consistency.
In any case it's nice to see an older deck brought back, Cheers!
2 weeks ago
Hey! The core of the deck looks good! Suture Priest is a really good card in general.
2 weeks ago
You could potentially cut the Path to Exiles and Suture Priests for Fatal Pushes / Dismembers and some card advantage, maybe Serum Visions. This would allow you to free up your mana base a bit more as you don't have to run white in the deck.