|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Rare|
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Rare|
|Duel Decks: Elves vs. Inventors (DDU)||None|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Rare|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Rare|
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Artifact Creature — Myr Construct
When Myr Battlesphere enters the battlefield, create four 1/1 colourless Myr artifact creature tokens.
Whenever Myr Battlesphere attacks, you may tap X untapped Myr you control. If you do, Myr Battlesphere gets +X/+0 until end of turn and deals X damage to the player or planeswalker it's attacking.
Myr Battlesphere Discussion
22 hours ago
It may be a bit of a cheesy win-condition, but depending on how many thopters you have on the field, casting Mechanized Production can instantly win you a game. Turning all thopters into dragons with Day of the Dragons might also be a fun. And we would definitely mainboard Steel Hellkite instead of Myr Battlesphere ; that removal ability is just so good.
With kind regards,
Mrs. and Mr. NV_1980
4 days ago
Hey, nice budget deck, less than $100, well done.
Budget upgrades ($2 or less each, most are less than $1) to consider:
- Command Tower > Temple of the False God
- Port Town > Evolving Wilds
- Irrigated Farmland > Azorius Guildgate
- Etherium Sculptor > Opaline Unicorn
- Padeem, Consul of Innovation > Howling Golem
- Sai, Master Thopterist > Aerial Engineer
- Steel Hellkite > Colossus of Akros
- Hanna, Ship's Navigator > Daring Archaeologist
- Weatherlight > Ojutai Monument
- Meteor Golem > Pardic Wanderer
- Myr Battlesphere > Metalwork Colossus
- The Antiquities War > Always Watching
- Artificer's Assistant > Loyal Sentry
- Urza's Ruinous Blast > Mass Manipulation
- Azorius Signet > Azorius Locket
- Mind Stone > Worn Powerstone
- Counterspell > Thought Collapse
- Arcane Denial > Admiral's Order
- Dissipate > Absorb
- Negate > Scatter to the Winds
- Brainstorm > Chronomaton
- Impulse > Repel the Abominable
- Swords to Plowshares > Choking Restraints
- Dispatch > Pacifism
- Crush Contraband > Invoke the Divine
- Deep Freeze > Dampening Pulse
- Remember the Fallen > Not Forgotten
Can add all these cards for about $20. I offer more help if you would like.
Good luck with your deck.
5 days ago
Damage in MtG is either specifically combat damage, or any kind of damage. Infect works for all damage, as it doesn't specify that it must be combat damage. Myr Battlesphere 's "burn" effect says it deals X damage, and therefore that damage is done as poison counters if the Battlesphere is given infect.
The important part here is that the ability specifically says that Myr Battlesphere deals X damage. If Battlesphere was given lifelink, then that would apply to its "burn" damage as well.
5 days ago
When you swing with Myr Battlesphere you can tap x untapped myr give him +x/+0 until end of turn and deal x damage. If you were to give him infect via cards like Tainted Strike , would the "burn" damage he deals with his effect apply poison counters?
"Effect damage" is not really a thing in magic it seems, but does sometime care whether the damage comes from a creature or non-creature spell and what card is actually doing the damage, which the grammar can get confusing.
6 days ago
vs Toshiro Umezawa + Breya, Etherium Shaper + The Ur-Dragon + Lord Windgrace
Partenza a strappo con Sol Ring di mano e Thran Dynamo + Back to Basics subito dopo.
Sfortunatamente non sono l'unico a partire bene e scende anche un Oath of Druids in casa draghi su cui non ho pronto un counter accessibile.
Breya gira di Oath Myr Battlesphere mentre io metto al cimitero una ventina di carte, prima di vedere una creatura... Ixidron che entra come 2/2. Finiscono al cimitero, tra le altre, Isochron Scepter , Dramatic Reversal , Rings of Brighthearth , Rhystic Study e Mana Drain .
Sebbene praticamente al turno 3 potessi già ammucchiare, si va avanti e c'è stallo e fraseggio, finché ci mettiamo tutti a dar contro a Lord Windgrace che minaccia di sparare un Obliterate e chiudere. Tanti saluti, Gattoboy.
Rientro in gioco con Arcanis the Omnipotent che mi fa pescare un macello, e con Metallurgic Summonings che mi rimanda in mano mezzo mazzo.
Ma anche gli altri non scherzano e Oath non lascerà il gioco per tutta la partita, rendendomi la vita impossibile e garantendo un miliardo di instant e scartini in cimitero a Toshiro Umezawa , che mi prende di mira. Spariscono velocemente i draghetti dal tavolo e la mia mano rimane completamente vuota.
Nessuno degli altri player tiene in considerazione il fatto che Breya ha tutorato un Ashnod's Altar e che il mio BtB è l'unica cosa che li tiene in vita perché mazzo artefattoso è totalmente inchiodato a lande.
Concedo quando mi accorgo che tutte le mie combo sono al cimitero, che il mio comandante è fuori per la terza volta e che mi resta una sola creatura nel mazzo.
E nello stesso turno Breya stappa e vince di combo, uccidendoli tutti come degli stronzi. Bravi, proprio ben giocata.
2 weeks ago
I build a $20-18ish Myr Tribal deck, it hade the galvinizers infinite combo combined with Myr Battlesphere , Myr Matrix , Myr Turbine , and a few others like Myr Reservoir . It was pretty fun, and decently competitive. Definitly add Tomb of the Spirit Dragon !
2 weeks ago
To contact someone directly you can post on their walls. It's not 100% private (others who view the wall can see it and it will briefly appear in the recent comments stream on the homepage), but it generally gets the job done. For more private communications, you have to upgrade your account on this site, and the person you wish to speak with needs to have upgraded. Then you can enable chat and have private conversations.
I have also moved this thread over to "Modern Deck Help" so it catches the attention of those with experience in Modern. The generic Deck Help subforum is for help in formats other than those listed (such as for planechase decks).
The best place to start would be to make a decklist and ask others here for assistance. It is a lot easier to provide feedback if there is a a base to work with.
I do not know much about Myr in Modern, but have some suggestions. Two copies of Myr Galvanizer and three mana producing myr, such as Gold Myr produce infinite mana. You can use that to ramp into something like Myr Battlesphere .
Jaecen on Animar Sec
1 month ago
I've categorized the cards in your deck here: https://deckstats.net/decks/50753/1215572-animar
The following analysis is based on that categorization. Several cards are in more than one category, so I've categorized them based on their primary or common case. E.g. Ancient Animus is both "Removal" and "+1/+1 Counter Interaction", but you're going to cast it to kill something -- the +1/+1 counter is a nice bonus.
There's no explicit or stated goals of the deck, so I can't evaluate the cards against that. If you have a goal, let me know.
The core effect of Animar is to play creatures, which grows Animar. As Animar grows, he helps you play more (and more expensive) creatures. Some notable limitations:
- Animar only decreases colorless costs
- Animar only cares about creatures
- Animar only cares about casting creatures
Animar is cheap to cast and protects himself from most removal (due to his protection from Black and White). Because of this, we can assume that we will get him out early and keep him out long enough for him to provide benefit. We'll build the deck assuming Animar is on the battlefield at all times.
Since Animar reduces the colorless component of creature costs, we'll get the biggest benefit from colorless creatures. As with any unlimited cost reduction effect, we should look for ways to break the free case. The obvious one here is to bounce and recast colorless creatures for free.
Since we're playing all of these (hopefully free) creatures, Animar will grow quickly. Giving Animar good evasion will give us to win on commander damage quickly.
To best abuse Animar, we want:
- Many creatures across a range of mid to high colorless costs
- As many of those creatures in our hand as possible
- An many +1/+1 counters on Animar as soon as possible
- A means to make Animar unblockable
The easiest way to break Animar is to create an engine that casts colorless creatures and bounces them to your hand as many times as possible during a turn. We'll want ETB/LTB effects on those creatures and cards that care about creatures entering and leaving the battlefield. Additionally, we'll want cards that care about +1/+1 counters on a creature.
Favor creatures over non-creatures, as you get a discount on creatures. Try to keep colored costs to a minimum - avoid double or more colors in a cost.
Abusable Colorless Creatures:
- Myr Battlesphere creates four Myr tokens
- Precursor Golem creates two 3/3 tokens
- Artisan of Kozilek reanimates a creature
- Duplicant exiles a creature
- Anodet Lurker and Peace Strider gain three life
- Electrostatic Pummeler and Multiform Wonder give three engergy
- Reservoir Walker gains three life and gives three enery
- Grim Poppet gives three -1/-1 counters to put on something
- Meteor Golem destroys something
- Mirror Golem exiles a card from a graveyard
- Pierce Strider drains three life from an opponent
- Skyscanner draws a card
- Mindless Automaton draws a card via a +1/+1 counter interaction
- Solemn Simulacrum tutors a basic land into play
- Thought-Knot Seer can effectively mill and oppenent with ETB and LTB triggers
- Triskelion deals damage via a +1/+1 counter interaction
- Workhorse grants colorless mana via a +1/+1 counter interaction
- Oblivion Sower steals lands from your opponents deck
- Panharmonicon !!!
- Cream of the Crop
- Decoction Module
- Impact Tremors
- Leyline of Vitality
- Hardened Scales
- Simic Ascendancy
- Path of Discovery
- Warstorm Surge
- Wild Pair
- Herald of Secret Streams
- Thassa, God of the Sea
- Whispersilk Cloak
- Protective Bubble
- Aqueous Form
- Keeper of Keys
- Key to the City
- Passwall Adept
- Rogue's Passage
- Aether Tunnel
- Cloak of Mists
- Suspicious Bookcase
- Marchesa's Smuggler
- Tricks of the Trade
We'll want to get as many creatures down as quickly as we can. Card draw and other card advantage effects are valuable.
- Vizier of the Menagerie
- Sunbird's Invocation
- Stolen Strategy
- Rashmi, Eternities Crafter
- Garruk's Horde
- Descendants' Path
- Elvish Visionary
- Fierce Empath
- Wall of Blossoms
Changes to the Existing Cards
I would consider cutting way down on the amount of ramp. Mana dorks get the deck running early, but they don't have any synergy with the core effects. I suspect that's what was leaving you feeling like you had a dead hand.
Cards that seem particularly problematic:
- Wild Cantor . Requires a sac for effect. Doesn't get cost reduction. A dork that taps for mana would be better.
- Tinder Wall . Same as Wild Cantor sans the cost reduction bit.
- Vivid Creek and Vivid Crag . These both ETB tapped, don't have basic land types, and only provide off-color mana twice. If would strongly consider running Amonkhet cycling duals over these.
- Ancient Ziggurat . Be careful, as this mana can only be used for casting creature spells. I don't like this land in most decks.
- Bond Beetle . I have no idea why this is in here. It works once and has very little synergy with the deck. Verdurous Gearhulk would be better, but still not great.
- Green Sun's Zenith . I think a cheaper card that tutored to hand and then let you cast the card would be better, as you'd get the cost reduction effect and other synergies. No cards come to mind, but there are lots that look at the top X cards and tutor to hand ( Gift of the Gargantuan , etc.).
Myr Battlesphere occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.05%