|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Faerie Artificer
Whenever a nontoken creature enters the battlefield under an opponent's control, create a token that's a copy of that creature except it's an artifact in addition to its other types. Then exile all other tokens created with Faerie Artisans.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (20)||BlueMageBrandon , xXThormentXx , Lucretian , AlucardZain , , chrishuffman95 , Kiortio , LegendDeer , BladeMasta220 , Candyman949 , 2austin5 , mziter501 , Sparky41 , Dimarx , KillDatBUG , , Sav547 , Fwaffle , Swamy , Kleptozaniac|
|Want (23)||Xijko , cubandoc , TiredTofu , Radish , bbtancakes , fireborne1986 , esplode , nullination , Cartridge , N3M0 , aReaper , BringerOfStorms , Poggy , Kogan1911 , Elementalism , dauid , MirrorMountain , Methuselah3 , DaZlInG , Rasp , RoninH3RO , HehaGardenHoe , Mahtimatonen|
Faerie Artisans Discussion
1 week ago
Rzepkanut: It's not hyper competitive, and doesn't do much other than ramp in the first few turns. That being said, it's VICIOUS once it gets going, and plays enough countermagic to reasonably get to the late-game.
Not to mention that in testing, it's been EXTREMELY fun, haha. I get to do a bunch of really silly Timmy/Johnny things, and it often comes out of nowhere. I controlled 4 tokens and Brudiclad, then cast Karn, Scion of Urza and used his -2. Suddenly, once I moved to combat, I had six 7/7 Constructs, and swung for an immediate victory. This was on turn 5 (curving off of a Saheeli, the Gifted). It's a bit inconsistent and janky, but it does WORK. I'd highly recommend from my experiences so far!
I used to run a Trostani deck, actually! I really do miss the Populate for this deck, but in many ways my commander is a mass Populate every turn, plus makes tokens. It's really strange, and not many UR decks run like this. I love it. I will say that I'm nervous about not having enough mana to cast Desolation Twin, and all of my methods of cheating it don't cast, unfortunately.
In terms of necessary cards? Hmmmm. There are a few cards I'd describe as "musts": Arcane Artisan, Combat Celebrant, Faerie Artisans, Helm of the Host, Karn, Scion of Urza, Mimic Vat, Reef Worm, Saheeli, the Gifted, and Sharding Sphinx, maybe? But honestly, the only thing I'd say is a "must" is to have a good balance of cards that MAKE scary tokens, cards that make token copies of things, scary things to make copies OF, and cards that make a bunch of small tokens. That balance is tricky, and I'm still tweaking it ;)
TLDR, though, I'd highly recommend trying him at least. Some of the most fun I've had in years.
1 week ago
Just gonna throw out a bunch of suggestions you may have already considered.
2 weeks ago
Brudiclad, Telchor Engineer sucks with Myr Battlesphere cuz its a etb and there is no trigger for the token. Scuttling Doom Engine and Ancient Stone Idol would be better with a sac outlet like Ashnod's Altar, and this artefact can help you sac thopters for mana. With Brudiclad, Telchor Engineer and if you can create a lot of tokens, I would recommend Master of Etherium
3 weeks ago
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
Biggest issue I see here is a lack of focus and not enough creatures for a creatures only matter deck.
Animar, Soul of Elements wants two main things: Cast creatures and get +1/+1 counters to cast larger creatures. Everything in the deck should be focused on those two goals.
Setting up the deck to achieve this purpose will make it efficient and powerful. All cards should therefore do one of the following:
- Ramp up to Animar.
- Protect Animar.
- Place counters on Animar.
- Cast game ending creatures for cheap or free.
- Draw cards to allow us to do 1 through 4.
Priority should be given to cards that does something now > does something before your next turn > does something on your next turn > does something eventually.
Because Animar offers a discount based on creatures played, the deck shouldn't be filled with only high cmc game enders, but creatures from low to high cmc, preferably with as little colored mana symbols as possible, to give the deck a natural progression to casting free or cheap high cmc game ending creatures.
Let's split the deck into 3 parts. Pre-Animar setup, Post-Animar setup, Finale.
Note that $: (0 to 0.99), $$: (1.00 to 4.99), $$$: (5.00 to 9.99), $$$$: (10.00 to 19.99), !$!: (20.00+)
Unnecessary on a computer, very helpful on a phone.
- Exotic Orchard is pretty good and cheap and can usually offer every color in multiplayer, especially if an opponent has a Command Tower out or even a Vivid Grove without even needing charge counters. - Kazoo lands such as Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks, and Gruul Turf are good in casual EDH where there is lack of land destruction and they artifically increase your deck ammount by posing as two lands in one. Though overall you do not want too many tap lands as you'll constantly be a entire turn behind.
- Zhur-Taa Druid creature ramp & burn. $
- Bloom Tender creature ramp. !$!
- Coiling Oracle ramp or card draw. $
- Cyclonic Rift removal or 1-sided board wipe. $$$$
- Explore ramp and card Draw. $
- Sakura-Tribe Elder creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Sylvan Caryatid creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Beastcaller Savant creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Kiora's Follower creature ramp or vigilance on a stick. $
- Rattleclaw Mystic creature ramp and color fix. $
- Walking Atlas potentially free creature ramp. $
- Simic Charm so versatile. $
- Lightning Greaves Protection and quick haste for a large creature. $$
- Spellskite For those , & removals. $$$
- Ring of Kalonia Ramp every turn and makes Animar a lot more threatening. $
- Sage of Fables Emergency card draw. $$
- Pestermite Vigilance, chump blocker vs flying or stopping a giant creature. $
- Guided Passage One of the best card draw and pick your poison spells ever. $$
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal A creature hardened scales and specific tutor. $$
- Cloudstone Curio An auto include if you can afford it. $$$$
- Temur Ascendancy Makes all your casted creatures threatening and some card draw. $
- Phyrexian Metamorph Costs 2 life and can do so much for you. $$$
- Solemn Simulacrum Free ramp, chump blocker and card draw. $$
- Faerie Artisans It doesn't look like much, this is card can get crazy. $$
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend A growing monstrocity that explodes into cards. $$
- Silent Arbiter Protection against swarm decks. $$
- Xenagos, God of Revels Game ender. $$
- Vesuvan Shapeshifter On your upkeep, you may pay to clone the biggest and baddest mofo on the field. $
- Deepglow Skate Potential huge ramp for just . $$$
- Progenitor Mimic Very dangerous to copy one of the heavy hitters in this deck. $$
- Consecrated Sphinx All the card draw. $$$
- Deadwood Treefolk Repeatable creature recusion. $
- Steel Hellkite Situational, but very deadily against token decks. $
- Great Oak Guardian Great, quick surprise block when tapped out. $
- Pathbreaker Ibex Quick, game ender. $$
- Thunderfoot Baloth Setup for getting past defenses. $$
- Scourge of the Throne Depending on the situation, can be deadly. !$!
2 months ago
Gather Specimens could be fun too
sadly Faerie Artisans isn't modern legal could be fun too
2 months ago
Here's a list of what I could find.
- Altered Ego
- Artisan of Forms
- Back from the Brink
- Blade of Selves (Though this one doesn't last)
- Body Double
- Cackling Counterpart
- Caller of the Untamed
- Cemetery Puca
- Clone Legion
- Dance of Many
- Dimir Doppelganger
- Dual Nature
- Echo Chamber
- Evil Twin
- Faerie Artisans
- Fated Infatuation
- Feldon of the Third Path
- Felhide Spiritbinder
- Felhide Spiritbinder
- Flameshadow Conjuring
- Followed Footsteps
- God-Pharaoh's Gift
- Heat Shimmer
- Helm of the Host
- Hour of Eternity
- Identity Thief
- Infinite Reflection
- Jwari Shapeshifter (Conditional for Ally creatures only)
- Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker (Combos nicely with Helm of the Host
- Kindred Charge
- Lazav, Dimir Mastermind
- Mercurial Pretender
- Mimic Vat
- Minion Reflector
- Mirage Mirror
- Mirror Match
- Mirror Mockery
- Mirror of the Forebears
- Mirrorweave (Helm of the Host on a powerful Legendary Creature, like Emrakul, the Aeons Torn and you win the game)
- Parallel Evolution (Not going to list all cards with "Populate", but same thing but this one is better)
- Permeating Mass (Not what you're wanting, but fun nonetheless)
- Phantasmal Image
- Phyrexian Metamorph
- Polymorphous Rush
- Progenitor Mimic (Easily can win with Biovisionary. Also pairs with Mirrorweave)
- Protean Raider
- Quicksilver Gargantuan
- Renegade Doppelganger
- Rite of Replication (Also wins with Biovisionary)
- Saheeli Rai
- Saheeli's Artistry
- Sakashima the Impostor
- Sakashima's Student
- Shapeshifter's Marrow
- Soul Separator
- Spitting Image
- Splinter Twin (More or less banned everywhere)
- Splitting Slime
- Sprouting Phytohydra (Not what you're wanting, though)
- Stolen Identity
- Stunt Double
- Supplant Form
- Tempt with Reflections
- The Mimeoplasm (Kinda?)
- The Scarab God
- Tilonalli's Skinshifter
- Unstable Shapeshifter
- Vesuvan Doppelganger
- Vesuvan Shapeshifter
- Vizier of Many Faces
- Volatile Chimera (Not what you want but still a copy-creature card)