|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Artifact Creature — Hound
Infect (This creature deals damage to creatures in the form of -1/-1 counters and to players in the form of poison counters.)
When Corpse Cur enters the battlefield, you may return target creature card with infect from your graveyard to your hand.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Corpse Cur Discussion
3 weeks ago
I just started building a deck similar without doing a search for it. Here are some of the ideas I came up with:
1) If you are playing multiplayer, Tooth and Nail may be castable, but if you aren't going to pay the entwine don't bother playing it. Otherwise stick with Defense of the Heart. There are lots of different cards you can grab, but my personal favorite pair is Triskelion and Mephidross Vampire. Together it's a permanent creature board wipe that basically clears the way for you to attack with you infect creatures.
4) Infect isn't just combat damage, but any damage dealt by those creatures, so you can use Tim effects such as Hermetic Study, Psionic Gift, Thornbite Staff, and Viridian Longbow. You can also use these on creatures like Marsh Viper.
5) I second Dauthi Embrace. I remember playing back in Tempest, and shadow creatures were a pain to deal with.
7) For evasion in any deck using black I've been using Filth and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth. Together everything is unblockable, and black is popular right now, so there is a pretty good chance your opponent will be using it.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Current Deck Criticisms/Upgrades
- Tooth and Nail, Craterhoof Behemoth, and Blightsteel Colossus seem out of place. Tooth and Nail feels like there should be a combo win in here to fetch. I don't know how you play, but I always hold a few creatures in my hand. I try to stay around 2-4 threats on the field at once so I can recover from wrath effects. Craterhoof could be an Overrun essentially, but that's merely a preference I believe.
- Living Death feels too symmetrical. You don't want them to get their threats back. Sun Titan might do the same job albeit it more slowly.
- Reanimate feels like not enough punch for the deck for a one-and-done effect. Phyrexian Reclamation is a permanent source of card advantage.
- Triumph of the Hordes is another card that could be Overrun/Overwhelming Stampede for one more colorless mana. More bang for the buck than +1/+1.
- Seedborn Muse - You don't have a lot of tap effects or cards with flash. What is this card adding to the deck?
- Counterspell - Negate and Arcane Denial are easier to cast with your mana base even though the former is slightly limited. The latter provides replaces itself. Both also seem better than the conditionally useful Corrupted Resolve.
- Crop Rotation - Is this the Inkmoth Nexus-finder? If you need more infect creatures, I would just add more creatures instead of fetching up a land.
- Slip Through Space - Although not a cantrip, Artful Dodge does the same thing and you can use it twice via flashback.
New Card Suggestions
I would strongly recommend some mana ramp and mana fixing:
Increase Color Availability
- Golgari Signet
- Noble Hierarch - Fixes mana and pumps creatures -- win-win!
- Orzhov Signet
- Plague Myr - colorless mana in a pinch AND infect!
- Simic Signet
- Contagion Engine - You really want this card. It closes out games on its own.
- Spread the Sickness - Slow/late game (5 CMC) removal, but it proliferates.
- Fuel for the Cause - Slow/late game (4 CMC) counterspell, but it proliferates.
- Corpse Cur - Eternal Witness #2 (almost) and it has infect.
- Lux Cannon - Not the fastest around, but a steady source of removal.
- Spinebiter - Infect with built-in "evasion".
- Trigon of Infestation - With a proliferation source, you can keep using this to recover from board wipes or cost-effectively overwhelm opponents.
2 months ago
4 months ago
|Land (30) |
1xSeat of the Synod
1xTree of Tales
1xUrborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1xVault of Whispers
1xPath to Exile
1xSwords to Plowshares
1xLife from the Loam
1xHand of the Praetors
1xSkithiryx, the Blight Dragon
1xCauldron of Souls
1xCrucible of Worlds
1xThrone of Geth
5 months ago
tazleon7 I didn't have Corpse Cur in my deck when it was standard so I'm not sure how strong it will be. I can see the potentials since by turn 4 I could easily have a creature in my graveyard I want back.
6 months ago
common staple? hardly, Ichorclaw Myr shows up once in a blue moon, and Corpse Cur is far too slow and grindy for infect. so i would drop those cards to sideboard (will help with affinity and those rare infect creatures, but those dead draws against infect make the deck worse against its ideal matchup)
and the many small blockers doesn't fair well against trample/unblockable strategy that infect typically runs to connect with damage, and the small blockers make Deflecting Palm worse. could be fun to run Archetype of Aggression to make trample an non-threat, and (if its in the budget) Spellskite to redirect their buffs. which gears the deck towards removing their fangs, rather then hoping you can survive them.
it might be better to gear the deck towards non-targeting and targeting removal/burn.
6 months ago
Thanks for your input!
The idea behind the deck is to throw up as many low cost blockers as possible for long enough to sack or immobilize all potential attackers. Then it's death by many small cuts.