|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Mythic Rare|
|Masterpiece Series: Amonkhet Invocations (AKHMPS)||Common|
|Mirrodin Besieged (MBS)||Mythic Rare|
|Mirrodin Besieged: Phyrexia (MBP)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Sphinx
Whenever an opponent draws a card, you may draw two cards.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (25)||warcry02 , NOGzFTW , Nemesis , Qolorful , ibraJG84 , mcstang1986 , thetechzombie , angesoir , , Shiromakuro , chrishuffman95 , kpral , Jauntu , cklise , Florg , , ironax , Vasbear1 , killstars , lolpatrol , TheLazyGrim , DaZlInG , MathieuHarvey0555 , CampbellStev , Bluboltar|
|Want (53)||Georgez96 , sleepy104 , zenroc , buildingadeck , richardmv , , Ariumlegion , essex0619 , ASCLEPIUS , xpsychovampx , Galdelonian , Slatibartfast , LoneCrusader399 , Blue_Otaku_No.1 , Blind_Guardian , grav0165 , KevinLS , Malachy_ , BetaTest , xantm70 , DarkAngelsBlood1 , AuRogue , SerenityTheFool , Haxxzor , qpenzien , Hagenizzle , jeremy3036 , psoliver , kovellen , Yoshi400x7 , GrandeKhan , MagnaAura , eleventhend , Myllyes314 , sonnet666 , ryuzaki32667 , Skydra2 , imapuncha , IndyJones , TigerShadow , uhore , Fairseas , Chill_Casual , LordBlackblade , BillyBalverine , vashaclarens , MasterRoach117 , afeuling , jamesesdad , CarlyRaeJepsenMTG , Orbrunner , Penguin_Gamer_1 , killzoid23|
Consecrated Sphinx Discussion
2 days ago
Thank you both for the suggestions.
Yeah Tabernacle would be incredible, just forgot about it since its not something I really run.
@xcver So this deck is really more about the entertainment value, than being a completely optimal deck. For optimal deck building adding some number of creature would correct, snappy, Grave Titan, Consecrated Sphinx all good stuff. Mystic Confluence should definintely go in, just forgot about it during deck building. I think you are probably right on Timetwister and Time Spiral, I included them as a way to get things back since we don't have a lot of win conditions in this particular build. Treasure Cruise and the other Delve draw spell should probably go into these slots. Oath of Lieges I need to test more, its a card that always in the back of my mind. Conceptually its in here for the green deck that ramps to a million lands on turn 6, it gives us a means to catch up. Its purpose is to try and combat the idea that our opponent can do more things in a turn than we can, not sure how it will play out in practice. But yeah you cast it if you're behind, but just discard it if you're ahead. Unburial only hits our creatures, so we would need to be running more. Animate Dead hits opponents creatures, and is largely to grab things like Oracle of Mul Daya.
6 days ago
Biggest issue I see here is a lack of focus and not enough creatures for a creatures only matter deck.
Animar, Soul of Elements wants two main things: Cast creatures and get +1/+1 counters to cast larger creatures. Everything in the deck should be focused on those two goals.
Setting up the deck to achieve this purpose will make it efficient and powerful. All cards should therefore do one of the following:
- Ramp up to Animar.
- Protect Animar.
- Place counters on Animar.
- Cast game ending creatures for cheap or free.
- Draw cards to allow us to do 1 through 4.
Priority should be given to cards that does something now > does something before your next turn > does something on your next turn > does something eventually.
Because Animar offers a discount based on creatures played, the deck shouldn't be filled with only high cmc game enders, but creatures from low to high cmc, preferably with as little colored mana symbols as possible, to give the deck a natural progression to casting free or cheap high cmc game ending creatures.
Let's split the deck into 3 parts. Pre-Animar setup, Post-Animar setup, Finale.
Note that $: (0 to 0.99), $$: (1.00 to 4.99), $$$: (5.00 to 9.99), $$$$: (10.00 to 19.99), !$!: (20.00+)
Unnecessary on a computer, very helpful on a phone.
- Exotic Orchard is pretty good and cheap and can usually offer every color in multiplayer, especially if an opponent has a Command Tower out or even a Vivid Grove without even needing charge counters. - Kazoo lands such as Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks, and Gruul Turf are good in casual EDH where there is lack of land destruction and they artifically increase your deck ammount by posing as two lands in one. Though overall you do not want too many tap lands as you'll constantly be a entire turn behind.
- Zhur-Taa Druid creature ramp & burn. $
- Bloom Tender creature ramp. !$!
- Coiling Oracle ramp or card draw. $
- Cyclonic Rift removal or 1-sided board wipe. $$$$
- Explore ramp and card Draw. $
- Sakura-Tribe Elder creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Sylvan Caryatid creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Beastcaller Savant creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Kiora's Follower creature ramp or vigilance on a stick. $
- Rattleclaw Mystic creature ramp and color fix. $
- Walking Atlas potentially free creature ramp. $
- Simic Charm so versatile. $
- Lightning Greaves Protection and quick haste for a large creature. $$
- Spellskite For those , & removals. $$$
- Ring of Kalonia Ramp every turn and makes Animar a lot more threatening. $
- Sage of Fables Emergency card draw. $$
- Pestermite Vigilance, chump blocker vs flying or stopping a giant creature. $
- Guided Passage One of the best card draw and pick your poison spells ever. $$
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal A creature hardened scales and specific tutor. $$
- Cloudstone Curio An auto include if you can afford it. $$$$
- Temur Ascendancy Makes all your casted creatures threatening and some card draw. $
- Phyrexian Metamorph Costs 2 life and can do so much for you. $$$
- Solemn Simulacrum Free ramp, chump blocker and card draw. $$
- Faerie Artisans It doesn't look like much, this is card can get crazy. $$
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend A growing monstrocity that explodes into cards. $$
- Silent Arbiter Protection against swarm decks. $$
- Xenagos, God of Revels Game ender. $$
- Vesuvan Shapeshifter On your upkeep, you may pay to clone the biggest and baddest mofo on the field. $
- Deepglow Skate Potential huge ramp for just . $$$
- Progenitor Mimic Very dangerous to copy one of the heavy hitters in this deck. $$
- Consecrated Sphinx All the card draw. $$$
- Deadwood Treefolk Repeatable creature recusion. $
- Steel Hellkite Situational, but very deadily against token decks. $
- Great Oak Guardian Great, quick surprise block when tapped out. $
- Pathbreaker Ibex Quick, game ender. $$
- Thunderfoot Baloth Setup for getting past defenses. $$
- Scourge of the Throne Depending on the situation, can be deadly. !$!
1 week ago
Shrieking Drake and Dream Stalker Are great for animar. As long as you have blue mana you can keep it going good way to get his counters up or bounce a more powerful creature like a Kozilek, Butcher of Truth to cast it again for free or Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger for the VALUE. Yavimaya Hollow is good regenerate effect on a land and Bloom Tender makes blue red and green mana if animar is out 3 total for one mana dork which is insane. Id cut out some creatures like Consecrated Sphinx you draw enough with Primordial Sage and Soul of the Harvest some of the enchantments could possibly be cut too. Your creatures should all have effects they're spells with a body. You mana should just be to cast creatures mainly. Glamerdye is a cool trick to give him protection from another color.
1 week ago
Let me know what you think.
1 week ago
Tunman, like SynergyBuild stated. I also, didn’t find Vanishing too beneficial in this case. It is an option for protection, if extra is needed for certain metas. Right now, for me, the flex Auras that can be swapped out for alternate spells are, Predator's Gambit, Indestructibility and Spirit Loop. So if this were to be used as a blueprint. Those spells are good as gone for other flavor spells.
jesusaintnodj, thanks for the +1! I’m glad you enjoy the build! SynergyBuild, did mention before that I should add an infinite combo. So by popular demand, I’ll do just that. I’ll add Exquisite Blood + Sanguine Bond . Also, I have been playing around with a couple prototype builds based on this. One that is the “Control Edition” and the other I have dubbed the “Time Walk Edition.” Time Walk Edition, includes Nexus of Fate, Time Warp, Temporal Mastery, Temporal Trespass, Karn's Temporal Sundering, Temporal Manipulation, Capture of Jingzhou and Walk the Aeons. Cards that I cut for those are, Predator's Gambit, Indestructibility, Spirit Loop, Gilded Lotus, Consecrated Sphinx, Hero of Iroas, Kor Spiritdancer and Sram, Senior Edificer.
3 weeks ago
1 month ago
magicthegatheringplayer37 your obviously a troll. This is why I wish T/O had a report user function :/
Anyway, staroceansurfer, the deck looks pretty sweet. Reminds me a lot of my Tasigur, the Golden Fang build - just grind out value and play a bunch of sweet cards in . Since this is Muldrotha specifically, maybe add Wayfarer's Bauble or Font of Fertility as ramp spells that synergize with your commander. However, they are a bit slower than fast mana like signets and Sol Ring, so there is a good argument against them in a faster, reanimator deck. Also, no Entomb? Seems generally better than Buried Alive at the least, since it lets you turn 2 any creature in the deck with Animate Dead. For reanimation spells, Dance of the Dead is another good one. You have to pay to untap the creature, but if that creature is Consecrated Sphinx or Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger, untapping isn't super important.
Also, how good has World Shaper been for you? Obviously you can mill yourself fairly well with Splinterfright, Perpetual Timepiece, Shaper itself, etc, but it doesn't seem like you have a reliable way of getting it killed. You can always just hope someone kills it in combat or point your own removal at it, but that seems inefficient.