|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Mythic Rare|
|Masterpiece Series: Amonkhet Invocations (AKHMPS)||Common|
|Mirrodin Besieged (MBS)||Mythic Rare|
|Mirrodin Besieged: Phyrexia (MBP)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Sphinx
Whenever an opponent draws a card, you may draw two cards.
Consecrated Sphinx Discussion
3 days ago
TheNocholas hi! I'm using Teferi, Temporal Archmage to untap my nonbsik lands, Mana Vault , Gilded Lotus to generate mana. On turn 4 if I have 3 lands (2 islands) and Mana Vault i can play Teferi, Temporal Archmage + Gilded Lotus and on turn 5 I have about 18-19 mana, which can be spent on cast: Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur / Iona, Shield of Emeria / Void Winnower / Consecrated Sphinx / Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite / Blatant Thievery / Expropriate / Time Stretch / Rite of Replication with Kicker / or simple Planar Bridge . I think it is strong for turn 5. There is also an strong synergy between Blinkmoth Well and Winter Orb / Static Orb . At the end of the opponent's turn I can use it to tap Stax-artifacts and untap all my lands.
4 days ago
Lion's Eye Diamond is pretty good as a means to discard your hand and get reanimation targets, course you only want to use it when you have a tutor or exhume on the stack.
Smallpox is a rather good option to self discard as well, and it gets better with the bigger the playgroup.
Now outside the other suggested creatures on your forum post (all are rather good, especially the 4x Storm Crow ) there are many rather good creatures you can run.
Sun Titan can be quite fun with your enchantment reanimation spells.
Grave Titan is just a beast you can not only reanimate, but also can realistically ramp into with some double ritual hands, even if the table answers it you at least have two zombies.
Consecrated Sphinx draw a lot of cards.
Sire Of Insanity if the ability goes off turn 1-3 most decks will fold.
Sigarda, Host of Herons a preserver that's just better to reanimate than a 2/1 body.
hmm if I wanted to I could easily spend a good hour just typing up good creatures to reanimate or really good spells to ramp, tutor, or disrupt opposing threats (you may want some way to deal with hate for your deck), but my eyes hurt and should have slept a couple hours ago. you can absorb plenty of info by looking at legacy reanimator lists.
1 week ago
Hey, your deck looks amazing, well done :)
Upgrades to consider:
- Thought Vessel > Star Compass: Vessel ETB untapped and is another no maximum hand size effect.
- Trinket Mage > Ignite Memories: there's a lot of potential powerful ramp targets to search for with Mage.
- Consecrated Sphinx > Azami, Lady of Scrolls: Sphinx is amazing in multiplayer Commander, he demands an answer.
- Disallow > Dissolve: three modes for a counterspell is good.
- Rhystic Study > Commander's Sphere: one of the best repeatable no mana cost sources of draw in multiplayer Commander.
- Mystic Remora > Fire / Ice: one of the best repeatable sources of draw in multiplayer Commander.
Lands to consider:
- City of Brass
- Inventors' Fair
- Minamo, School at Water's Edge : untap Nin.
- Riptide Laboratory : good Wizards here to bounce especially Snapcaster.
Good luck with your deck.
2 weeks ago
Thanks for your Feedback guys.
@Faded In one of my next Updates i will defnitly try to replace some cards with Echoing Truth and/or Into the Roil . Also Wash Out might be a good replacement for some of other removement spells. Warstorm Surge is already replaced with Ashnod's Altar - totale forgot about it. Arjun and Niv-Mizzet will leave the deck for cards from the Mayeboard in a future update. Up to now (only played ~25games) they did nothing for winning a game.
@BloGames2603 because of cutting expensive creatures in future Mindwrack Liege isnt an option then. Because of cards like Coat of Arms, Favorable Winds and Obelisk of Urd Tetsuko Umezawa, Fugitive isn't an viable option at the moment. If one or two of these cards will leave the deck i will defnitly consider about Tetsuko.
About Toothy, Imaginary Friend Im not sure because he is quite expensive to play and i have not much control about the moment when he dies. Therefore im tending to Chasm Skulker which synergize with cards like Impact Tremors and Goblin Bombardment .
Consecrated Sphinx will definetly find its way in to this deck. But op to now i have only a much cheaber version in Form of Windreader Sphinx . Nezahal, Primal Tide could also be a good replacement - i have to try him.
But why do you think Rhystic Study does not wirk with Propaganda?
2 weeks ago
Training Grounds is an auto include. You should not doubt about it.
Some cards I would add are:
- Paradox Haze This card speeds up the killing
- Negate Keeps away spot removal like Path to Exile
- Cryptic Command Multifunctional Counterspell
- Mystic Confluence Multifunctional Counterspell number 2
- Countersquall Dimir counter for noncreature, again protection for your god
- Disallow Wide counter and counters activated abilities
- Entomb Dumb any bomb in your graveyard and reanimate it
- Vampiric Tutor Toolboxing
- Demonic Tutor Toolboxing
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth / Cabal Coffers
- Necropotence Best card draw black has to offer. Especiialy Necropotence will refill your hand for maybe 4-5 life
- Vedalken Orrery / Leyline of Anticipation 2 allstars in scarab god. Makes your turns the following, draw and pass turn. Play everything before you take your turn. Most importantly keeps your mana open to target cards in the graveyard of opponents
- Consecrated Sphinx Not a zombie but too good to ignore.
- Damnation / Life's Finale / Decree of Pain / or any boardwhipe really. You need to fill up them graveyards!
- Phenax, God of Deception Filling up them Graveyards!
- Crypt Ghast Insane amount of mana, gives you more activations on your God
These are just some suggestion (I know they can be a problem budgetwise).
Things i would cut:
2 weeks ago
Amazing deck! I think this works good enough to win but to be sure I have a view suggestions and I will explain you why:
Thought Vessel : Because it is not only a mana rock you can use it with too much draw to keep all of the cards.
Toothy, Imaginary Friend : this will be a very big threat after a short time of 2 wheels or something, because it is big and if you remove it there will be small threats that are bigger together!
Tetsuko Umezawa, Fugitive : Maybe you don't even need this, but with a small army of insects it is very nice to have this on the battlefield
I hope this suggestions help you to improve this deck even more!
2 weeks ago
for the problem you want to cast high creature cost, I should put in Mindwrack Liege , so you can cast 2 of those creatures after wheeling in T7.
Steady deck, you gave me much ideas for mine, thnx! :D
2 weeks ago
So, you have Ad Nauseam and Angel's Grace . Cool. What's the game plan from there? Draw your whole library, sure. Then what? Play Laboratory Maniac ? Well, you can't actually win with that alone, because you'll then die as a state-based action during the next upkeep. You'd have to save a Ponder , Preordain , or Brainstorm . That's 10 mana to go off--not exactly great for a 2-card combo. Sure, you have Reliquary Tower to not have to draw your whole library, but you'd probably still just kill yourself, all the same. And I wouldn't really recommend using Ad Nauseam any other time, frankly--you have a bad curve for it, with a number of 5 drops, 6 drops, and a 9 drop. Also, you're only playing 23 artifacts, including your commander. I'd recommend playing at least 25.
I see you're also running Dramatic Scepter, Top + Future Sight + Sculptor, and Paradox Engine . That's all well and good, but I don't really see the payoff apart from Blind Obedience . That's a whole ton of combo pieces to put together--not great.
Cut Ward of Bones , Consecrated Sphinx , Darksteel Forge , Armageddon , Dissipate , Phyrexian Arena , and Perplex . Put in Static Orb , Shimmer Myr , Winter Orb , Tangle Wire , Grafdigger's Cage , Pongify , and Terminus . Considering you're running Mystical Tutor , Personal Tutor , Sensei's Divining Top , Brainstorm , and Future Sight , it shouldn't be that hard to miracle it.
Consecrated Sphinx occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.07%