Chancellor of the Forge
Creature — Giant
You may reveal this card from your opening hand. If you do, at the beginning of the first upkeep, put a 1/1 red Goblin creature token with haste onto the battlefield.When Chancellor of the Furnace enters the battlefield, put X 1/1 red Goblin creatures with haste onto the battlefield, where X is the number of creatures you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Chancellor of the Forge Discussion
2 days ago
Let's start you at 39 lands. Drop Mishra's Factory and any number of basics to lower your land count.
Darkness, Army of the Damned, Cathartic Reunion, Twinflame, Havoc Festival, Polluted Bonds
Khalni Gem, Nevinyrral's Disk, Trading Post, Jet & Ruby Medallion
Abyssal Persecutor, Ashenmoor Liege, Chancellor of the Forge, Underworld Cerberus
Phyrexian Arena, More Dragons if we are under 100.
4 days ago
The scenario you have laid out is on eversion of oops, all spells. However, that is not the scenario that my deck is trying to build. In your version, you need fast mana (Chancellor of the Forge and Simian Spirit Guide), whereas in mine, everything can be done without the use of fast mana. Unfortunately, Vengevine does my build no good, since I don't cast any creature spells.
6 days ago
Cards I was thinking about adding in
Kaervek the Merciless
Cavern of Souls
Temple of the False God
Rise of the Dark Realms
Torrent of Souls
Crucible of Fire
Kokusho, the Evening Star
Haven of the Spirit Dragon
Chancellor of the Forge
4 weeks ago
Thanks for all the feedback. These are really good suggestions and I'm incorporating them into the deck...
- I'll add in all the lands you suggest. I'm taking out mountains, and I am also taking out mountains for dual producing lands to mitigate the hit on my green mana. This makes some of my ramp spells less usefull.
- Earthcraft is insane and is going straight into the deck. I don't want to go infinite in this deck, so I'll pass on the Squirrel Nest (at least for now).
- I have a preference towards not playing Craterhoof Behemoth, but it is a great addition to the deck.
- I'll have to think about Eldrazi Monument. It would have to push out one of my other anthems, and I'm not sure I want to do that.
- Awakening Zone and From Beyond fits the deck very nicely. I'll replace Skyshroud Claim and Chancellor of the Forge for those. Better curve, better ramp, and more creatures.
- Ivy Lane Denizen is a pretty nice combo with Ulasht, but is also quite usefull with the doublers and the theme. He'll get a spot.
- I should probably just build an Marath, Will of the Wild deck, just to compare before I purchase ;)
- Mountain --> Fire-Lit Thicket. Ensure the right mana
- Mountain --> Command Tower. Ensure the right mana
- Mountain --> Mossfire Valley. Ensure the right mana
- Mountain --> Skarrg, the Rage Pits. More trample for Ulasht
- Mountain --> Khalni Garden. Extra token
- Mountain --> Dryad Arbor. Counts as a creature for Ulasht
- Mountain --> Opal Palace. Makes Ulasht stronger later on
- Hornet Nest --> Earthcraft. Mana tricks for the win
- Chancellor of the Forge --> Ivy Lane Denizen
- Skyshroud Claim --> From Beyond. More allround for my needs (tokens and mana)
- Verdant Force --> Awakening Zone. More allorund for this deck (tokens and mana)
Cheers, and thanks again :)
1 month ago
Made some more changes. Trying to find a balance between the very linear Competitive version and the flexible deck that I want. The price of the deck isn't accurate anymore, as some of the promo cards show up as 2x their actual cost (Imperial Recruiter for one). This deck is probably still sub $1k realistically.
Added more tutors, more and better draw spells, as well as fixing some effect redundancy that I was missing. Dropped the CMC even more (I miss you Chancellor of the Forge!).
Trying out Storm Cauldron again. It is less group-huggy than Ghirapur Orrery, but still allows me to work around some Stax effects. This deck excels with extra land effects, but there aren't that many that MonoRed has access to that are actually good. If anyone has solid suggestions on how to get more land on the battlefield let me know.
Finding the right balance of Stax effects is taking a lot of fine tuning, and moving cards in and out. I've commited to MLD and resource denial, as even with the symmetrical effects Ib can work around quite a bit of it.
I'm really feeling confident in the current build. It can really hold his own, and definitely performs a lot better than the Tier 4 or worse that he is normally ranked at.
As always, if you have comments or criticisms (or praise for Our Glorious Leader!), let me know!
1 month ago
1 month ago
TemnoTsar, Thornbite Staff is great with Krenko, but I've passed on it before for the sole fact that it does not do much on its own (without another combo piece). I try to have my combo pieces be strong cards on their own, but increasingly powerful in conjunction with other combo pieces.
Abres_Tenelles, thanks for the love, friend! I have stumbled across/been suggested both Chancellor of the Forge and Furnace of Rath before. The former is a great card, but by the time I get to play him I should be close to closing the game down already. The latter is fantastic. It works well for decks like mine; however, it isn't my personal taste. Nothing wrong with the card, just not my style!
I try to stray away from chaos cards, which makes Capricious Efreet a tough pick. And War Elemental was in my deck not too many revisions ago, but I decided to scrap him for more hoser cards (which was a tough cut...).
Thank you both for your comments and suggestions! I really appreciate it.
2 months ago
Loving this list.