|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Mirrodin Besieged (MBS)||Uncommon|
|Mirrodin Besieged: Phyrexia (MBP)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Horror
Infect (This creature deals damage to creatures in the form of -1/-1 counters and to players in the form of poison counters.)
When Core Prowler is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, proliferate. (You choose any number of permanents and/or players with counters on them, then give each another counter of a kind already there.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (3)||bakunet , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Kimimaro|
|Want (4)||mlouden03 , Ariumlegion , Portwood , georgehades|
Core Prowler Discussion
1 week ago
I would cut the 4 cost creatures.
1 month ago
Hey there! Cool deck you have here! I have a few suggestions for you:
- First of all, I would highly recommend going down to 60 cards, the minimum deck size. There's a long and complicated reason for this, but suffice it to say every card you add over 60, you reduce your chances of drawing your best cards.
- Because of that, I'd cut: 2 Seaside Citadel, 2 Chained Throatseeker, 3 Dragon Fangs, 2 Core Prowler, 2 Spellskite, 2 Viral Drake, 2 Fuel for the Cause, 2 Leeching Bite, and 3 Turn Aside.
- I would recommend running a lot of pump spells. There are your classic ones like Giant Growth, Might of Old Krosa, and Vines of Vastwood, but you also get cool ones like Invigorate. If you're looking for more cards to cut, I'd start with your enchantments and noncreature artifacts, as none of them are particularly strong in a 60-card format. EDH, sure, but not so much in Legacy or Modern.
1 month ago
I just started building a deck similar without doing a search for it. Here are some of the ideas I came up with:
1) If you are playing multiplayer, Tooth and Nail may be castable, but if you aren't going to pay the entwine don't bother playing it. Otherwise stick with Defense of the Heart. There are lots of different cards you can grab, but my personal favorite pair is Triskelion and Mephidross Vampire. Together it's a permanent creature board wipe that basically clears the way for you to attack with you infect creatures.
4) Infect isn't just combat damage, but any damage dealt by those creatures, so you can use Tim effects such as Hermetic Study, Psionic Gift, Thornbite Staff, and Viridian Longbow. You can also use these on creatures like Marsh Viper.
5) I second Dauthi Embrace. I remember playing back in Tempest, and shadow creatures were a pain to deal with.
7) For evasion in any deck using black I've been using Filth and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth. Together everything is unblockable, and black is popular right now, so there is a pretty good chance your opponent will be using it.
2 months ago
If you are going for the infect kill in commander then youll need all the infect and proliferate cards you can get. Here are some pretty good ones-
2 months ago
First thing, your deck is in standard, but you're not playing standard legal cards. I assume you meant modern? You should change it.
your deck has some really expensive cards for an infect deck. Black gets access to a few proliferate cards.
Replace Spread the Sickness with 4x Grim Affliction. You put on the counter, then proliferate, killing anything with toughness 2 or less for 3 mana. The prolif effect is cheaper, and thus faster. Since you're playing mono-black, which doesn't have access to the same type of pump, you want more prolif. Also, if one of your infect creatures gets blocked, you can prolif the counters on what they blocked. I think 99% of the time it's a better card. Replace the Phyrexian Digester and the Guardians of Meletis with Core Prowler. It's another infect creature, and if it dies, then you get to prolif. Replace the Blackcleave Goblins with 2 more Ichor Rats, since they have a better etb trigger. Replace the Dark Favor and Deviant Glee with 4x Unholy Strength. 1 for 2 on 4 cards is better than one card being 2 for 3, and 3 cards at 1 for 2. Unholy Strength is also cheaper in dollar amounts.
4 months ago
Looks like you're going for -1/-1 counters a lot. Contagion Clasp, Contagion Engine, Grim Affliction, and Core Prowler would all speed things up much easier where -1/-1 counters are concerned, considering you can proliferate with them.
4 months ago
|Land (30) |
1xSeat of the Synod
1xTree of Tales
1xUrborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1xVault of Whispers
1xPath to Exile
1xSwords to Plowshares
1xLife from the Loam
1xHand of the Praetors
1xSkithiryx, the Blight Dragon
1xCauldron of Souls
1xCrucible of Worlds
1xThrone of Geth