Creature — Horror
Sacrifice Fume Spitter: Put a -1/-1 counter on target creature.
Printings View all
|Ultimate Masters (UMA)||Common|
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Fume Spitter occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Fume Spitter Discussion
1 month ago
Maybe add some repeatable sac outlets? Carrion Feeder is an all star, Viscera Seer can help smooth out your draws. You absolutely need to add more lands. Bloodfell Caves are a good dual land. Cut some of the creatures, you have too many. I don't like Frostling as it is just a worse Fume Spitter I don't like Augur of Skulls either, it just seems way too slow. Kathari Bomber is just bad. Hissing Iguanar can provide value throughout the game and help win through board stalls. Slum Reaper is another cut I would make. You should add some more recursion, like Unearth and Death Denied . In the sideboard add some artifact removal Gorilla Shaman and add some number of Red Elemental Blast
2 months ago
One sided MLD never felt so good <3
3 months ago
Something tells me Daedalus19876 wont be dropping $630 for an Imperial Seal . That kinda cash would be better spent on a Bayou . Also removing more and more -1/-1 counter cards for good stuff just doesn't sound that great. Fume Spitter isn't some massive all star but it does kill mana dorks and other problematic 1 toughness creatures while making you snakes and insects.
Volrath's Stronghold sounds neat though. Would definitely be interested about input on that although since they're similar dropping $45 to replace Beacon might be a bit meh especially when Phyrexian Reclamation is already in the deck.
3 months ago
Daedalus19876 - Thoughts of the following 2 edits....
Remove Fume Spitter for Contamination / Imperial Seal / Yawgmoth's Will but I already read your above comments recursion and how it's mostly for creatures. Nevertheless, Yawgs will is still something to consider, I mean come on, it's Yawgmoth! Which brings me to my next suggestion....
Remove Command Beacon for Volrath's Stronghold - Both function similarly. Beacon immediately brings hapatra back to hand for same turn use but you lose it immediately. Stronghold on the other hand is MUCH more versatile, and repeatable getting any creature in your yard, but top deck instead of to hand. I think it warrants the inclusion. While it does happen, how many games does she cost too much and you NEED her the same turn? If you thought of switching the two, could you set up your board so that you can place hapatra in grave rather than Command zone?
Ouroboros_47 on Nope
4 months ago
6 months ago
Love the deck! I’ve been brewing something similar for ages now (deck’s called “Filth and Sickness” if you wanted to see). I have some thoughts here for consideration:
1) Blowfly Infestation , is a trap. Yes, it makes an infinite combo really easy. But if you can’t stop that infinite combo, all you’ve done is force a draw, because the game can’t continue. I’d drop it entirely, as it’s more effort than its worth.
2) run 4 Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons . Her along with Nest are your wincons, so you need to make sure you draw them early.
3) Carnifex Demon is cute, but waay too much cmc. I’d suggest the amount of mana dorks you’re running are not worth it to support him.
4) Fume Spitter is our best 1-drop so try to run the full playset. Conversely, the glistening-boy is not very useful unless you’re planning to win through infect (which you’re not).
5) as far as you’re other creatures go, consider the following: Necroskitter , Plague Belcher , Ammit Eternal , Skinrender , and Dusk Urchins . All are pretty cheap to buy, and will work better than your mana dorks, glistener, quillspike.
6) if you have enough $$$, Black Sun's Zenith is just too fun and auto-winning not to play
Anyway, hope this helps, and good luck spreading the -1 counter plague :)
6 months ago
Hi, killer_eye! Between work and summer break, I haven't gotten to play as much pauper as I'd like so I haven't actually played any games with Ransack the Lab yet. My goldfishing suggests that it's worth playing, but I don't know whether or not four is the right number. As for Barrier of Bones , I'll be sure to give it a shot once I can start playing again because, like you said, Fume Spitter looks really bad in the current meta.
I'm also seriously considering dropping Krosan Tusker in the near future. Do you have any suggestions?
6 months ago
hi veggiesaurusrex! it's me again, just want to share Barrier of Bones which i'm liking a lot in the slot of Fume Spitter . infect and faeries are nowhere to be seen in the current meta for Fume Spitter to shine. what i like with Barrier of Bones is the surveil, also not a bad topdeck because of this and it's 3 toughness enough to block aggressive X/2 creatures which we have a lot in pauper.