|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Horror
Sacrifice Fume Spitter: Put a -1/-1 counter on target creature.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Fume Spitter Discussion
2 days ago
A few other cards worth mentioning:
Liliana, Death Wielder might also work. Very High CMC...
1 week ago
I was unable to find a tribe in your deck. There are some token generators, but few enough that a tribal card would be a dead draw most of the time. For those reasons, I'd recommend removing these:
A lot of the utility of the deck comes from being able to massacre your tokens in the name of -1/-1 counters (e.g. Blowfly Infestation and any of Flourishing Defenses, Nest of Scarabs, or Hapatra, Vizier of Poisons herself. Add Blood Artist (or similar) and it's an infinite wincon). Any creature with 2+ toughness will not be killable from a single counter, so anything that buffs toughness without a major benefit just weakens the deck. For those reasons, I'd recommend cutting these:Skullclamp.
Various other cuttables:
- Spread the Sickness - sorcery speed kill is pretty "meh".
- Shambling Swarm - the counters go away at end of turn, and it's likely he'll die in a boardwipe (so there won't be anyone to put the counters on anyway), and he has 3 devotion.
- Soulstinger - similar to Shambling Swarm, it's likely he'll die in a boardwipe (so there won't be anyone to put the counters on). Also, you're getting a weak creature in the hopes of doing something useful with it - better to just get a good creature in the first place.
- Decimator Beetle - moves one counter, once per turn, and it has to attack to trigger.
- Essence Warden - the lifegain doesn't get you anything
- Fume Spitter - insufficient recursion to really get a benefit from him
- Wicker Warcrawler - why include a creature that just gets worse?
- Tower Above - i'm on the fence on this one. The CMC is a bit high, but the benefits could be large.
- Needle Specter - Also on the fence. I like it more than the spell though.
- Rendclaw Trow - a 2/2 with wither and nothing else. 2 damage will just be ignored on attack until he dies in a wipe, or manages to block and get you (at best) 3 tokens.
You need to have a minimum of 37 lands. You're also playing , the color whose greatest strength is the massive ramp it can accomplish. If you swap all the cards noted for lands and acceleration, i would expect the deck to play significantly better. Also, don't use rocks for the ramp, unless land-wipe is common in your meta. It's easy and common for artifacts to die, but (usually) much harder to kill a land. I'd recommend the standard ramp:
- Cabal Coffers + Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
- Kodama's Reach
- Skyshroud Claim
- Explosive Vegetation
2 weeks ago
@Saljen: Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it.
I'm not too sure about Dark Deal, it's only useful on the third turn with a Waste Not on the field.
Based on the people I play against, Pox and Innocent Blood are not too useful. My opponents always have a lot more resources than me.
Oblivion Stone, Ensnaring Bridge, Bloodghast and Liliana of the Veil are out of my budget.
I pick Bottomless Pit over Necrogen Mists. Added to the deck.
I like Skeletal Scrying, Crypt Rats and Fume Spitter. I will consider them. I also want to get Nezumi Shortfang.
2 weeks ago
I run a black rack style tiny leaders deck as well. Here's some cards I'd recommend: Dark Deal, Innocent Blood, Pox, Thoughtseize, Skeletal Scrying, Ensnaring Bridge, Oblivion Stone, Bottomless Pit, Necrogen Mists, Liliana of the Veil, Blood Pet (ramp/liliana trigger), Bloodghast, Crypt Rats, Fume Spitter (liliana trigger/removal), Nezumi Shortfang.
edit: after attempting to post this; I just realized how much of my deck is illegal in Tiny Leaders. Jesus, that ban list has absolutely exploded!
2 months ago
Hmm, good question. I'd drop Midnight Banshee, its fun, but its REALLY slow. Otherwise, I'd recommend dropping either a Fume Spitter or a Skinrender. I would keep both Necroskitters, they're really good, especially with Crumbling Ashes in play.
3 months ago
Bloodflow Connoisseur might be an option for you since it also stacks +1/+1 counters just like your other creatures do, although it is more expensive. It synergizes very well with your Mortician Beetle.