|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Phyrexia vs. The Coalition (DDE)||Uncommon|
|Urza's Legacy (ULG)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Minion
Echo (2)(Black) (At the beginning of your upkeep, if this came under your control since the beginning of your last upkeep, sacrifice it unless you pay its echo cost.)
When Bone Shredder enters the battlefield, destroy target nonartifact, nonblack creature.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Bone Shredder Discussion
3 days ago
Thanks for posting on / upvoting my Meren primer, really glad you liked it :) Just following up with you to see if there are a few ideas I can help with - trying to stay in tune with your current deck flavor, and keep all the suggestions pretty cheap :)
- Acidic Slime - How often do you find you target lands with him? I always thought he was a little steep for the effect, and something like Sylvok Replica did 95% of the job for 60% of the cost
- What's your experience with the "pump" creatures like Bloodthrone Vampire, Lotleth Troll, etc.? I find that even with recursion engines, it's hard to have enough cards to actually feed them well enough... maybe it would be more useful to use these slots for more utility creatures (removal, ramp, etc.) and then....
- ...look at something like Beastmaster Ascension to go alongside Dance of Shadows! Seems like your wincon is a big alpha strike with creatures, so this might be a great alternative/addition. Note that Beastmaster Ascension gets the counters upon declaring attacks, so if you swing with seven creatures in one combat, they will all get +5/+5 that combat.
- Focusing on strong wincons like that would also let you turn Mortician Beetle into Elves of Deep Shadow (of course, I don't see many creatures in my playgroup so maybe I'm undervaluing that card)
- Scavenging Ooze sticks with your pump-to-win theme but adds some targeted graveyard hate
- To help speed up card draw - how about Fecundity? I assume you're playing more creatures than your opponents (and have recursion!) so this can help speed up the mid-game slog that usually happens in B/G. Foster is another option, but a little slower.
- Duskwatch Recruiter Flip - I have no experience with him, but maybe this would be a good place for him
- Manglehorn is just so good as removal, and to slow down your opponents
- From Beyond seems a bit slower than Awakening Zone in an opening hand for a similar effect
- Cryptolith Rite turns everything into Birds of Paradise!
- Maybe Bone Shredder over Nekrataal?
- What about something like Doomgape as a swing-in fatty over Scourge of Nel Toth? Both seem combat-focused, but Doomgape gains you life and is harder to block
- How often do you use Altar of Dementia? Would something like Ashnod's Altar be more useful? Probably comes down to whether you need ramp or card draw more at that stage of the game.
- Ghirapur Orrery might be interesting tech to play with, but depending on your playgroup it could go either way. Never used it personally but it seems like it could be fun
- Aluren is on the steep side of "budget" but would be SO GOOD HERE (assuming your opponents aren't heavy on the creatures too, it's symmetric!)
4 days ago
3 weeks ago
Zulaport Cutthroat is a must have for this. Killing Wave would be great when your creatures have counters as you sac them and they'll come back. Based on your recur-ability, I would run the full sac package of Grave Pact, Dictate of Erebos, and the creature-based killers like Fleshbag Marauder and Bone Shredder (especially with Panharmonicon out). Isochron Scepter only has 6 targets in this deck, and Desperate Ravings, Blade of the Bloodchief seem particularly ready to cull, and with triple-blue, Blue Sun's Zenith may be a consideration on a safe cut as well.
3 weeks ago
IMO, Bone Shredder is much better than Shriekmaw because both Reveillark and Sun Titan can recur it. Other than that, I don't really see any problems with the deck. My list runs more creatures, but that's just personal preference.
2 months ago
A good trick for getting more punch out of Alesha is to run guys who have more power than their printed stats might indicate. For instance, Arcbound Overseer has 0 power when he's in the graveyard, but as soon as you return him, he's attacking for 6! Other examples include Clockwork Dragon, Drakestown Forgotten, Nighthowler, Sewer Nemesis, Thought Gorger, Ignition Team, Crovax the Cursed and Workhorse. Your opponents will be surprised how often "2 or less" won't feel like it!
Other cards that fit your general strategy include Grenzo, Dungeon Warden and Unearth, which can return a lot of the same cards as Alesha. You might also want more removal, such as Bone Shredder, Ravenous Baboons and Garza's Assassin. Good luck!
2 months ago
I'm a little lost as to where you're trying to take this deck. First thing I see is you should try and have a better removal package, Big Game Hunter is good, but like Bone Shredder and such is kinda meh, especially if you're having trouble getting out Alesha in the first place. Try Utter End and Hero's Downfall and such like that, i know you can't reanimate an instant but you also don't have to attack before getting rid of something. I think your biggest trouble is gonna come from filling you graveyard and card advantage. More stuff like Entomb and Living Death will help, but black/white in general tends to have card advantage problems. Maybe look into more tutors too. What are your main hits for your revelark combo? Redcap, Artist, or Cutthroat? When you're not comboing off what do these cards do for you? without massive creature generation it's hard to utilize them effectively. You have some good creature token generators, but is it enough? maybe more flicker effects would be in order for that. Also, board wipes are almost necessary in EDH.
I would put in the spy and the nemesis for the Soltari Visionary and Gonti, Lord of Luxury, because as much fun as Gonti sounds, he's opponent only and odds are you're not gonna get anything relevant. plus you can target yourself for the mill and fill your graveyard.
also you're gonna get wrecked by the first graveyard hate card.
3 months ago
I completely forgot about Bone Shredder, he was removed from the initial version of shirei, when it was still more of a bog standard shirei deck. and the meta here had quite a few artifacts, will definitely pick up, but keep on stand by. In a more casual format i'd rather run Reaper from the Abyss (they're both end step triggers) once i've got an engine going, reaper is much nicer. granted i dislike reaper, since he garners much more aggression from the board, but still.
love the other suggestions, although Black Market i've always found it was a "win more" kind of deal, once i have an engine where i can generate lots of counters i don't need them, but i may find a spot as the deck develops.
and yeah, kind of why I don't run Contamination I still want to have friends.
3 months ago
slaughter pact for Bone Shredder has more value, ignoring echo cost to remove nonblack creature each turn with shireo without the risk of lands not untapping and losing outright.
also dread return for the Wake the Dead card that slipped through the cracks, specially with Big game hunter, your new bone shredder, its won me games against kozilek and maelstrom decks.
Nim deathmantle I though was nice too, but in global wraths, shirei has to leave play to be brought back by it, as such all the triggers that would of happened for other creatures don't happen and all you end up with is avoiding the commander tax for 4. Id run Meekstone or Jet Medallion or Lifeline instead.
id also recommend removing phyrexian reclamation and maybe even gate to phyrexia if your meta doesn't have completely dangerous artifacts. you'd get more use from cards like Black Market or Contamination which yes, its beyond degenerate in shirei. Vampiric Rites or Dark Prophecy if you notice you run out of cards, even minorly, I'm usually 5+ while extra draw triggers are happening.
you want to rune Volrath's Stronghold, but you may also want to consider Crypt of Agadeem or Lake of the Dead or which is almost necessary Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx or Phyrexian Tower . recently I added Strip Mine to deal with bounce lands.