|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Duel Decks: Phyrexia vs. The Coalition (DDE)||Uncommon|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Priest of Gix
Creature — Human Cleric Minion
When Priest of Gix enters the battlefield, add (Black)(Black)(Black) to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (3)||richardmv , frederiklw ,|
|Want (8)||Oskani , DarkTimesAhead , gcuthber , Animale , Loading_Error , Teufell , MADMatt7777 , TheBl0b|
Priest of Gix Discussion
2 weeks ago
Hmm, it depends on the life gain you will get. The problem with most Orzhov decks is that the card draw is fairly limited to only black, the draws we can get is based on life. What's great is Ad Nauseam is an instant speed spell, paying 15 life is not the worse for refilling your hand for 7 cards. The downside is yes you reveal but at the same time that's 7 cards more resources than your opponents. You will also negate the life loss with the gain from your Clerics, that's my perspective on it.
That aside their are a couple other suggestions, like Gadiaten recommended earlier Lifeline is a hell of a card in Ayli. Oversold Cemetery is another create card to keep that pressure on board. Academy Rector is a cleric that can grab you any enchantment card straight to the battlefield. Alms Collector is like the more fair version of Notion Thief but it is worth consideration for a slot. Children of Korlis is hidden tech with life loss like say Necropotence or like I said Ad Nauseam :P. Custodi Soulcaller is a decent card that reanimates as well. Ethersworn Canonist is great when slowing down opponent's and vindicating their board with Ayli. Same with Leonin Arbiter, taxes them for searching their library. Sanctum Prelate is also another good card for disruption. Order of Whiteclay can be used for recursion as well, although a bit slow.
Priest of Gix can lead to ramp if you have Edgewalker on field as well. Twilight Prophet is also a card I like cuz it gains you life and card draw. Same with Tymna the Weaver. Weathered Wayfarer is a card that also fixes your mana.
3 weeks ago
I have yet another completely different way to build this deck. This is my sixth time typing this comment, because my damn internet keeps cutting out. I'm starting to get very irritated. That being said, I'm gonna try and be brief about this.
It's gravestorm. Get as many deathtriggers as you can in one turn.
You could also run a few infinite combos if you want:
There's a deck that does exactly what I'm talking about, and it does it very well. It's cEDH, and you're probably not looking for that, but it is a good way to see what I mean if you don't already. Garna The Broflame
I hope I've adequately served my Queen!
1 month ago
I got this
- Sac Reveillark to Champion of Stray Souls targeting Village Bell-Ringer.
- As it leaves, Reveillark will return both Priest of Urabrask and Priest of Gix to play: giving you six red mana and six black mana.
- Champion of Stray Souls will return Village Bell-Ringer: allow the first trigger to resolve then hold priority on the second.
- Use floating mana to activate Champion of Stray Souls: sacrificing Village Bell-Ringer, targeting Reveillark.
- Allow Reveillark to enter.
- Allow second Village Bell-Ringer trigger to resolve.
- Sac Priests to Carrion Feeder for 2 counters.
- Use floating mana to repeat step 1.
Now we have infinite Red and Black mana, and an infinitely large Carrion Feeder.
Please do Release to the Wind.
2 months ago
I feel like there are a couple of nice combos that you already have most of the pieces for but are just missing one or two cards that would work well in the deck as non-combo pieces anyway.
Adding Nim Deathmantle would give you:
- Infinite sacs, recursion: Phyrexian Altar + Nim Deathmantle + Priest of Gix
- Infinite sacs, recursion, black mana: Ashnod's Altar + Nim Deathmantle + Priest of Gix
- Infinite sacs, recursion, life drain: Ashnod's Altar + Nim Deathmantle + Geralf's Messenger
- Infinite sacs, recursion, tokens and colorless mana: Ashnod's Altar + Nim Deathmantle + Abhorrent Overlord/Wurmcoil Engine
- Infinite sacs, recursion, life drain/gain: Chainer, Dementia Master + Phyrexian Altar + Abhorrent Overlord/Wurmcoil Engine + Blood Artist
3 months ago
I like Tainted Pact because i can use it to dig for anything I might need which, includes interaction.
As for you best bet with those other cards... you have:
You could try running the creature replacements for the other 2 spells and then running Sacrifice and Burnt Offering. You could also try running Bog Witch although, unless you can play it T1 or T2 it won't be able to give you the needed BBB for a turn 3 win. Another card you could run that could eat a slot but, with purpose, would be Mossfire Egg. For more ramp you can always run Seething Song. You can use the red to pay colorless or convert it to black with replacement effects like the Stars/Egg/Signet, Bog Witch or Priest of Gix. It would also give you one hell of an awesome Shattering Spree if you want to slow down other players (blow up mana rocks/tops) or Stax pieces.
If you are a turn or 2 slower because you don't have fast mana, you could also always play more creature kill/artifact destruction or something like Conqueror's Flail.
Keep in mind that running higher cost cards will make Ad Nauseam more painful so you'll draw fewer cards when you use it.
8 months ago
Especially with ETB dorks like Priest of Gix this could get interesting.
8 months ago
I now notice some incorrect things in my story points that other users have pointed out. Darigaaz is not really an elder dragon, phyrexian oil has more to it than I have mentioned, but the idea is to wet your apetite. All of the story bits mentioned span several Magic novels and are hard to summarize in a couple of sentences. One major thing I forgot to mention:
- The brothers war - Urza, Academy Headmaster vs Mishra, Artificer Prodigy, while mishra was helped by phyrexia in the form of their agent Gix (Priest of Gix). Mishra still lost, but their war had lasting implications on Dominaria. Card in the Dominaria Release Notes for this one is The Antiquities War