Creature — Snake
Infect (This creature deals damage to creatures in the form of -1/-1 counters and to players in the form of poison counters.)
1,G: Regenerate Blight Mamba.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Blight Mamba Discussion
19 hours ago
1 month ago
As folks have already mentioned on r/Infect, Infect is in a really bad place in the meta at the moment. Fatal Push is everywhere, and things like Wild Defiance (which nerfed Lightning Bolt) aren't helpful. I'm also not sure it's going to get better, since I expect to see Solemnity in lots of sideboards starting in mid-July.
All that said, I absolutely love UG Infect, and still play it periodically.
I'm TOTALLY with albino_ninja too on the need for more Creatures. As is, you're going to have to mul' more than you want, and the Black decks are really going to punish you for that with their hand disruption. Creatures with Infect are best of course: Ichorclaw Myr, Necropede, Blight Mamba, and Plague Myr all have different pros and cons ... IMO you can't go wrong with any of them. And maybe 1x Viridian Corrupter too. Another option I've seen some folks use: Sylvan Scrying, which basically acts like extra Inkmoths.
One more thought on Creatures: Because of all our pump spells, I'm always amazed at how often the deck can win with normal damage. So it might be worth looking at something like Invisible Stalker or Thrummingbird too.
Finding room for those Creatures is of course tough. I'm not a huge fan of Groundswell for this deck (it's much better with Fetchlands), so that's a place you can maybe find room. And while I REALLY like having 3 counterspells in the 75, I usually only run one in the main. You may also find you can put some of your protection in the side ... I know we need a TON in the current meta, but you may not actually have enough mana to use it. :-)
Some potential sideboard thoughts:
- Artifact/Enchantment hate: Lots of folks like Nature's Claim but I prefer Seal of Primordium, since you can use it to kill a Chalice of the Void when X=1. This is also a good place for Viridian Corrupter.
- Graveyard Hate: Crook of Comdemnation (recently spoiled for HOU)
- Removal: Dismember or Beast Within (neither is super-cheap, but they're both great IMO)
- Those extra counterspells :-)
- A Wall or some Lifegain (i.e., a budget version of Kitchen Finks): Jaddi Offshoot
- Maybe some Recursion: Noxious Revival
Sorry for the wall of text, and thanks for reading this far!
1 month ago
So one of the issues is your win con is split between damage, and infect. You want to focus on one or the other. For example, dropping Mycosynth Fiend for something like Blight Mamba or Glistener Elf.
1 month ago
So I have an Ezuri, Claw of Progress build, myself. You should check it out! I'm gonna give you some ideas, as I may have a few more experience counters than you xD
The suggestions I make are from my list, but I won't mention any cards outside of your budget. Let's get started!
This is alphabetical, not in order of relevance:
- Avenger of Zendikar is a bomb! He usually produces 7 tokens (sometimes more, rarely less). That's 7 Ezuri triggers! A great way to spend some mana.
- Birthing Pod is good; in my opinion, it is secondary to Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (more on him later)
- Breeding Pool is in your sideboard, but is a little out of your budget. If you're willing to buy it, there is absolutely no reason to leave it out of your deck
- Cyclonic Rift is an auto-include, as you are playing a blue EDH deck
- As brian.olson542 mentioned, Fathom Mage is amazing with Ezuri. It's the best card draw you'll get
- Green Sun's Zenith is amazing if you have enough green creatures to make it relevant. Tutoring is important in Commander, especially with a toolbox build (Ezuri can easily be a very effective toolbox). If you have too many blue/artifact creatures, I would go for other tutors
- Hinterland Harbor is from my favorite cycle of lands. In a 2-color deck, it will usually enter the battlefield _UN_tapped, without having to Shock yourself. Wonderful!
- You would be amazed at just how useful Kiora's Follower is. Got a tapped Simic Growth Chamber, Sol Ring, or Oran-Rief, the Vastwood? No problem :) Of course, it can also untap any creatures you have, as well as tapping an opponent's artifacts/creatures. So much utility in one little creature!
- I am familiar with Lifecrafter's Bestiary (or the Pokedex, as I call it). However, I have not tried it in my Ezuri Claw build. I'd be interested in seeing how it plays out!
- Murkfiend Liege is definitely not as good as Seedborn Muse, but it is also 90% cheaper, so that's okay
- Mycoloth is one of the best ways to get more counters! You needn't devour anything as it enters, though you certainly may. Just dump XP into it, and you get some tokens, which gives you more XP, which gives you more tokens, which gives...
- Panharmonicon - yesyesYES!!! This card is bonkers! Creatures that create tokens when they enter the battlefield (i.e.: Avenger of Zendikar) will create twice that amount! But wait - There's more! Those tokens will trigger Ezuri TWICE! For those of you following along at home, that's FOUR TIMES the Ezuri triggers for those tokens. You can't afford to pass that up!
- Rashmi, Eternities Crafter really doesn't play with Ezuri, but it is an A+ Simic card.
- PUT IN Sage of Hours!!! He is an infinite combo, and a win condition. If you have 4 XP, play Sage, get another XP, enter combat, place 5 counters on Sage and remove them instantly, take an extra turn. Then do the same thing next turn. Then the next. Then the next. You see where i'm going here? It's infinite turns, my friend. There's no cooler way to win (well... except for Now I Know My ABC's... but that's a different deck)
- I don't usually like taplands, but I make an excuse for Temple of Mystery. The artwork alone keeps it in, and the scrying is noice
- Yavimaya Coast is another solid and inexpensive option for mana
This is kinda alphabetical... but not really. _()_/
- Abundance lets you decide: Do you want a land or not? If you're short lands, get a land. If you're flooded, you can make sure you don't get any more. This is one of the few cards I will suggest that doesn't play with Ezuri, but it will certainly help you get better draws. Bonus: if (for some reason) you were about to be milled to death, this card will save you. If you look at the text, you'll notice that you do not actually draw cards anymore. Thus, when you go to draw from an empty library, nothing will happen. Value!
- Animation Module allows you to get a token whenever you distribute counters. Not super flashy, but an additional Ezuri trigger each turn is nothing to sneeze at.
- Beast Within is some of the best removal you'll get in Simic
- Blighted Agent is Invisible Stalker's Evil Twin. It is almost entirely better than Blight Mamba, and will win you many games.
- Bramblewood Paragon will give all your compleated creatures trample. Bonus: If you play it before Ezuri, your General enters as a 4/4
- Champion of Lambholt makes all your creatures unblockable.
- Chord of Calling is a wonderful tutor! Convoke really makes this baby shine.
- Contagion Engine is removal and the best proliferation you'll get.
- Crystalline Crawler is the best mana producer you'll see for Ezuri
- Cultivator of Blades triggers Ezuri 3 times (10 times with Panharmonicon), and then proceeds to make all your creatures far stronger when she attacks
- Den Protector is a hybrid of Eternal Witness and Champion of Lambholt; it doesn't do either ability as well, but it does do both.
- Defense of the Heart is my favorite Magic card. Look at it. Embrace it. Then tutor for Cultivator of Blades and Avenger of Zendikar :D
- Deranged Hermit gives you 5 quick triggers. You could pay to keep it around, but I usually don't.
- Dryad Arbor is a free Ezuri trigger
- Fauna Shaman lets you chose which creatures you'll be casting.
- The Fable of Wolf and Owl is the second best story ever told (the first being the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise).
- Fertilid lets you extract your lands from your deck, insuring that you will have mana, but not draw lands when you could be drawing more creatures.
- Hangarback Walker loves getting big, then making cute flying ezuri-triggering babies when it dies.
- Kalonian Hydra doubles the counters on ALL OF YOUR CREATURES!
- Loaming Shaman doesn't trigger Ezuri, but he gets your creatures back, so we keep him around.
- Momir Vig, Simic Visionary is the creature that tutors for creatures. He triggers Ezuri, and also finds the bodies you need.
- Nature's Claim is great because it's only 1 mana. The 4 life is negligible.
- Nissa, Voice of Zendikar gives you triggers, as well as counters.
- Parallel Lives because Doubling Season is too expensive.
- Phantom Nantuko is one helluva blocker. I like it better than Fog Bank, personally.
- Pongify - more one-mana removal! you already run one Rapid Hybridization, why not two?
- While we're on removal, there's Reality Shift. It's great beucase if they manifest a non-creature, then they can never cast it. So not only did you remove their Blightsteel Colossus, but you also got their Armageddon (yes, this actually happened to me once; the guy was so ticked).
- Reclamation Sage is removal on ezuri-triggering legs.
- Okay... so I know this is just a little out of your budget, but Sakashima the Impostor simply must go in. It can copy Ezuri, and is the only copy effect that can do so. I want you to imagine, atlasthetitan64, a world with 2 Ezuris. Think about all the triggering! All the COUNTERS! That, my friend, is Phyrexia incarnate. Search your couch for the spare change: Sakashima is well worth it.
- Servant of the Scale is a great one-drop. You can buff him up with no worries. If he dies, you'll just move the counters onto someone else, such as Fathom Mage.
- Simic Manipulator may cause you to lose all your friends, but that ability...
- Spike Feeder gives you more life than you'll know what to do with
- Triskelion is removal. Doesn't trigger Ezuri, but he's a beast. Dump a bunch of counters on him and watch your opponents squirm!
- If you play enough tokens, Triumph of the Hordes can be a good one-turn kill
- Viral Drake is great because of infect, obviously. However, even the proliferation is a welcome addition. It triggers Ezuri, and you'll get more conuters on your creatures, more XP, and more poison counters on your foes!
- Vorel of the Hull Clade doubles the counters on a creature. Great for Triskelion, Blighted Agent, Cultivator of Blades, or Fathom Mage
- Whirler Rogue is akin to Cultivator of Blades. It gets the same bonus from Panharmonicon. It also grants unblockability.
- Wild Beastmaster is not as good as Cultivator of Blades, but it's 2 mana cheaper.
- Wingcrafter is a great one-drop. I'd definitely play it over Cobbled Wings.
- Worldly Tutor wrote the book on creature tutoring. It's a good read!
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard, because tutoring + cheaper creatures = a win.
Whew! Well I gave you a lot to think about, there. feel free to ask questions about anything I've suggested; I'd be happy to give you examples from games I've played, etc. Good luck, and happy deck-teching!
1 month ago
You have a lot of lands. Since you have green and Kaseto's CMC is pretty low, maybe you should cut 4 to 7 of them. I'm also not sure if Archetype of Imagination and Archetype of Endurance are worth their mana costs.
Adaptive Automaton is another anthem for your snakes. Triumph of the Hordes is an excellent finisher. You also might have some luck with Blighted Agent or Blight Mamba. Also, Krosan Grip is excellent removal, and Swan Song, Arcane Denial, and Delay are good counterspells. Heroic Intervention is nice protection.
2 months ago
-1/-1 Counter Ideas:
- Blight Mamba (Snek!)
- Blight Sickle
- Cinderhaze Wretch (Combos with Melira)
- Core Prowler
- Deity of Scars
- Grafted Exoskeleton
- Grim Poppet (so good)
- Harbinger of Night (also amazing)
- Incremental Blight
- Lockjaw Snapper
- Melira, Sylvok Outcast (Must have!!!!)
- Phyrexian Hydra
- Rendclaw Trow
- Ruthless Sniper (if going in the Archfiend of Ifnir/Cycling direction...)
- Serrated Arrows
- Serrated Biskelion
- Shambling Swarm
- Stinging Shot (Good with Archfiend...)
- Viridian Corrupter
- Garruk Wildspeaker
Random Good Stuff:
- Coat of Arms (Snake? Snake?!? SNAAAAAAKE!!!!)
- Patron of the Orochi (...)
- Sachi, Daughter of Seshiro
- Seshiro the Anointed
- Shisato, Whispering Hunter
- Sosuke, Son of Seshiro
- Withering Boon
2 months ago
I think In place of Coat of Arms Im going to put in Black Sun's Zenith, It has proven to be resourceful in my tests, And instead of Blight Mamba I think I need a card like Scar, or Torture. Also I will probably take out Pharika's Chosen, because it has proven to be an empty card, and is worse than Wasteland Viper