|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Shadows over Innistrad (SOI)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
As Foreboding Ruins enters the battlefield, you may reveal a Swamp or Mountain card from your hand. If you don't, Foreboding Ruins enters the battlefield tapped.
, Add or to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (40)||bakunet , the.beanpole , Doom_of_Valyria , lava_lava , , LeroyJones , TheRealPeaches , malachislick , Spinalripper , Joblaska , Skydra2 , Fineontheoutside , Stryfe_ , mziter501 , hippienproud , teslacoil7992 , saj0219 , mcstang1986 , techneil , ChrisH , RobbyFoxfur , bfarber91 , ducttapedeckbox , mazrimtaim , ryuzaki32667 , Mortiferus_Rosa , mymanpotsandpans , perrin515 , tragic_slip , LaKU , Lindough , DrPopular , Nemesis , fireborne1986 , TehDelta , Snydog17 , Espi14 , RedSinR , Famicomania , joshw335|
|Want (33)||ryaniskool , raztastic , Clawsun73 , terrykyg , ztanos , Talonisnthavingit , DraconicCreed , coadster , cybertop , Decoy616 , Loading_Error , rakdos24 , Jspeed , Deathlazer , Elementalism , bigblue32123 , SnatchSteal , jgigantic , metatrondeck , lmsmq , darkdisciple , Lythia , murde , zephyrmoth , dlj529 , ColJo101 , superwill123 , mooseonwhiskey , Turtlelover73 , acbooster , DimSpirit , CaptianClueless , TWarlock|
Foreboding Ruins Discussion
3 weeks ago
I actually made a deck pretty similar to this one. Her it is if you want to check it out: Mogis the hate god
what I found out through play testing is that creatures more or less suck for group slug strategies. There are plenty of really good creatures that fit this deck such as Zo-Zu the Punisher however I've found that if you relly too much on your creatures for incremental damage they are too susceptible to removal and board wipes.
In your case I believe you can safely get rid of any creature that produces mana. In most edh deck you only need about 10ish mana rocks and right now you have 11 as regular artifacts so I think your ramp will be fine.
Besides ramping creatures I believe that cutting these cards would also be advantageous:
- Netherborn Phalanx
- Indulgent Tormentor I don't really like targeted effects like this with mogis
- Fleshbag Marauder
With all those cards cut I'd then start putting in more group slug type enchantments. The reason I like these enchantments more is because unlike creatures, most board wipes dont hit them and most people dont have a ton of enchantment removal. There are tons of these group slug type cards so I'm not going to say which ones would be best for your deck because most of them would work. But I like these ones:
I would also just reconsider these cards, I haven't personally played them so I can't be certain of how strong they are, but they dont seem to quite fit the deck.
- Cruel Reality It seems tempting but it only targets one opponent and is super expensive. I don't believe its worth its cost
- Browbeat I would personally rather have guaranteed card draw, try Ancient Craving instead
- Mana Geyser lots of mana, but what are you spending it on? if you had more X costing spells then it may be worth it but for now think of how bad of a top deck this would be with no cards in hand.
And of course I would strongly recommend running some dual lands to help smooth out your mana consistency. Here are some of the really budget ones:
- Akoum Refuge
- Bloodfell Caves
- Canyon Slough
- Cinder Barrens
- Cinder Marsh
- Foreboding Ruins
- Graven Cairns a little more pricey but really good for the cost
- Lantern-Lit Graveyard
- Lava Tubes
- Rakdos Carnarium
- Rakdos Guildgate
- Rix Maadi, Dungeon Palace especially good in this deck
- Rocky Tar Pit
- Tresserhorn Sinks
- Urborg Volcano
You have a strong core here once again but I just feel that some of your card slots could be better spent. Hope all this helps
1 month ago
Yeap, Price of Progress is definitely worth it in EDH if you can build around it! Honestly your deck is dual-colour and there are no really colour-intensive mana costs in your deck, so I think you can actually cut most of your dual colour-producing lands. I would do the following: Cut Cinder Marsh, Foreboding Ruins, Lantern-Lit Graveyard, Rainbow Vale, Rakdos Carnarium. Replace them with basics Mountains and Swamps. This allows you to most effectively abuse Price of Progress. Oh yeah and before I forget you should run Anathemancer.
Havoc Festival is a hilarious card! In my experience people rarely try to target it as it hits everyone.
Lastly, I recommend that you find some way to squeeze in a few instant speed removal. I think Terminate, Hero's Downfall, Doom Blade, Murder, Chaos Warp are sufficient. You'll want some way to focus your resources against specific players, so that you won't be a "free" target. Instant speed removal will never die in your hand, you'll always have something you want to kill/threaten to be able to kill. I would consider cutting Nettling Curse, Custody Battle, Measure of Wickedness, Avarice Amulet, Harmless Offering.
1 month ago
Il tuo mazzo necessita di un buon pacchetto di removal per far morire quante più creature possibili, in modo da rendere Kresh grosso, ed allo stesso tempo ti servono cose che diano evasion a kresh per fare in modo che riesca a colpire. Farò suggerimenti su cambi funzionali e cambi di budget, sia in più economico che in più costoso.
- Anger -> Fires of Yavimaya perché costano di meno in mana, soldi e sono più affidabili (senza contare quel +2/+2 che può sempre tornare utile). Sulla stessa linea c'è Fervor, Mass Hysteria e Concordant Crossroads (quest'ultima balza, but still).
- Wood Elves -> Diligent Farmhand perché gli elfi in un mazzo tre colori possono essere un fattore limitante. Il secondo ti prende qualsiasi terra.
- Farhaven Elf -> Kodama's Reach perché è più forte, per lo stesso mana. La differenza è non avere poi una creatura in campo da eventualmente sacrificare.
- Ghave, Guru of Spores -> Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest devi metterlo assolutamente. Punto.
- Golgari Findbroker -> Plaguecrafter perché 1/5 del tuo mazzo è costituito di carte non permanent. Va benissimo la cosa, ma rende meno utile lui.
- Omnath, Locus of Rage -> Slum Reaper/Barter in Blood perché hai bisogno di effetti che facciano sacrificare e conseguentemente crescere Kresh.
- Shriekmaw -> Ravenous Chupacabra perché non ha le limitazioni del primo. Non ha evoke, ma in teoria non dovresti aver bisogno di evoke per poter sacrificare le tue creature.
- Terastodon -> Mitotic Slime perché Kresh cresce se muoiono creature, mentre il Terastodon distrugge permanenti non creatura. In più, ti serve avere delle cose da sacrificare che non siano Kresh.
- Wasitora, Nekoru Queen -> Creakwood Liege/ perché è più affidabile e da +2/+2 a Kresh. Anche Sylvan Offering/Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder sono interessanti. Hai bisogno di tanti token da poter sacrificare.
- Yavimaya Elder -> Smothering Abomination/Deathreap Ritual/Dragon Appeasement/Fecundity sono più forti per pescare. Anche perché l'anziano non rampa, bensì ti mette solo due terre base in mano.
- Rakdos Charm non fa nulla di utile, a parte eventualmente spaccare un artefatto, ma per quello è meglio Shattering Spree oppure Vandalblast. Se vuoi esiliare i cimiteri c'è Bojuka Bog.
Attrition -> Dictate of Erebos/Grave Pact costano uguale in soldi, ma li valgono tutti, a differenza di Attrition. Darksteel Axe -> Darksteel Plate sempre di qualità darksteel, ma meglio. Se ti piace indestructible, potrebe piacerti anche Shield of Kaldra e Hammer of Nazahn.
Valuta di trovare un posto per carte che diano colpo sicuro a Kresh, come:
Valuta di inserire qualche sacrifice outlet come (nella sezione terre ce ne sono altre molto forti):
Nella sezione terre ti consiglio:
- Golgari Rot Farm -> Tainted Peak perché le karoo fanno schifo e le tainted sono fortissime.
- Golgari Guildgate -> Mosswort Bridge senza discussioni, il gate è lento e tu hai tanto ramp, quindi ti servono terre base. Trova un posto anche per Spinerock Knoll.
- Ti consiglio assolutamente di mettere o almeno valutare:
- Myriad Landscape e Blighted Woodland come ramp.
- Cinder Glade/Smoldering Marsh/Canyon Slough/Sheltered Thicket (che possono essere prese da Jund Panorama, ad esempio).
- Foreboding Ruins e Game Trail (che entrano entrambe stappate se in mano hai una Misty Eye of the Mountain below)
- Flamekin Village ed Hanweir Battlements per dare haste a Kresh.
- Grim Backwoods/High Market/Keldon Necropolis sono sacrifice outlet sulle terre (praticamente indistruttibili).
- Kessig Wolf Run, Skarrg, the Rage Pits, Khalni Garden possono tornare utili.
Se con queste sostituzioni nella mana base finisci per avere più di quattro terre che producono , valuta di inserire al posto di una creatura ramp la Chromatic Lantern, che è stata ristampata da poco ed è scesa.
1 month ago
Although I do think you're on to something, some pure value cards can replace more expensive ones to put more space for dualies that won't enter tapped. A copy of Foreboding Ruins and Choked Estuary would cost only a few dollars, and getting some battle lands, and a cheap filter Graven Cairns, which is 2$ thanks to M25) would only make the deck better. It does suck that dual lands are so expensive that it makes most budget decks have to run mono-color, or worse, taplands, but I guess the price reflects the fact that everyone wants and needs them. I do think you should try and even out the pricing enough enough that the pricetag doesn't rest on 3-4 cards. I wish luck to you in your Allied-Colored Ixalan tribal endeavors!
3 months ago
I cannot wait to see the chaos unfold!
Here are a few quick suggestions; take'em or leave'em:
Where is Windgrace's Judgment and Decimate! I know you want to give people toys, but having some answers may be needed. Maybe remove a couple enchantments like - Trespasser's Curse and/or Titania's Song
3 months ago
I'd cut Descent of the Dragons and Dragonmaster Outcast. Descent is only rarely good, since you're creatures will almost always be better than the 4/4s and your opponents will almost always be worse. I understand that Dragonmaster Outcast looks very powerful, but you don't start pumping out dragons until turn 8 or 9. Most games will be over by then. Also, your opponent will very likely kill it before then anyway.
Your manabase could be improved. Foreboding Ruins is a good dual you should run. Lavaclaw Reaches is probably better than your current etb tapped lands. You'll still want enough basics for Foreboding Ruins and Dragonskull Summit to be consistently active though.
3 months ago
3 months ago
I have about $150 I can use to upgrade my Modern Mardu deck. I was not sure if I should use it to upgrade my mana base, particularly 3x Blackcleave Cliffs, or work on my sideboard. A couple of sideboard cards I was thinking about were 2x Surgical Extraction, 2x Ensnaring Bridge, and 3x Leyline of the Void. I am kind of leaning towards the sideboard cards since I can use them in other decks, but I was not sure if my sideboard really needed to be changed all that much. The cliffs would allow for my mana to be more consistent because I have had a couple of situations where I have a Dragonskull Summit and Foreboding Ruins in my opening hand so I am cut off from any turn-1 plays. I just want to make sure I am not over valuing the Cliffs and wasting the money on them when I should be working on my sideboard. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks