Talisman of Unity
Tap: Add (1) to your mana pool.
Tap: Add (Green) or (White) to your mana pool. Talisman of Unity deals 1 damage to you.
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Talisman of Unity occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Talisman of Unity Discussion
3 weeks ago
This feels like it would take quite a while to set up. Aside from that however, 4 mana karn loses a loyalty every time you run an extra turn cycle. Are you aware of that? My guess is that you can build a reasonable mana advantage in that time even if it runs through a karns loyalty. Maybe you could have a 2nd copy available by then with the extra draw steps.
Another concern i have would be the 8 green spells and only b 12 ways to get green mana. I am thinking a green/x talisman to not only have additional sources but to help ramp as well. . Finally I'm not sure how well this deck will handle the aggro matchups. A couple.more removal spells somewhere between the main or side might be very useful. All Is Dust would line up with the t3 tron plan perfectly.
1 month ago
2 months ago
Hey, nice budget upgrade of the precon. Good work in progress :)
Birds and Smothering are very good choices for expensive price upgrades. Helm is fine too because you added Aurelia and Godo to give you a combo win. Omnath at $7 is kind of out of place because not playing many ways to take advantage of sacing Elementals. Rampaging does the same thing as Omnath for less than $1 and it has trample. Armada Wurm and/or End-Raze Forerunners each less than a $1 could replace Omnath and have more impact. Hornet Queen at $2 creates some nasty tokens.
Interesting choice for the other expensive price cards: Iroas, Panharmonicon and Splinter. There's nothing wrong with these cards, but I don't think they're upgrades that a budget version of the precon needs. The $20 from these three cards could be better used for land upgrades. $20 can get you the three Check lands, one Shock land as well as some other lands and these will help your deck much more.
In my opinion the upgrades that the precon needs the most are lands, tutors and ramp. I see that you're playing pretty much the stock manabase from the precon, but there's many good lands in the maybeboard. Are you in the process of getting the lands in the maybeboard? If so my advice is make them priority for upgrades.
Some budget cards to consider adding:
- Battlefield Forge : colorless/colored mana source.
- Scattered Groves : dual land that can make white mana that Farseek can tutor for. Can be temporary until you get Temple Garden and/or Canopy Vista .
- Naya Panorama : colorless/colored mana source.
- Opal Palace : colorless/colored mana source.
- Game Trail
- Fortified Village
- Sheltered Thicket
- Eladamri's Call : one of the best creature tutors in Commander.
- Fierce Empath : creature tutor to blink.
- Open the Armory : tutor for Greaves or Helm. Having another way to tutor for Helm helps consistency of assembling the combo.
- Congregation at Dawn
- Sylvan Scrying : tutor for a colorless land source or Command Tower , etc.
- Orcish Lumberjack : can tap the Forest to make mana before you sac it meaning Lumberjack combined can make four mana which is very good for a one drop. Lumberjack and a white source can get Ghired onto the battlefield fast.
- Avacyn's Pilgrim
- Talisman of Impulse : colorless/colored mana source.
- Talisman of Unity : colorless/colored mana source.
- Talisman of Conviction : colorless/colored mana source.
- Eldrazi Displacer : with colorless mana sources blink for Ghired and other creatures. Can protect Ghired, after he attacks, triggers, blink him out of combat.
- Mirror Entity : busted with Atla Palani, Nest Tender since it can turn all your creatures into Eggs. Can activate it's ability for no mana making all your creatures 0/0s. They all die, each one cheating a creature from your library onto the battlefield. Entity is also a good card with tokens because until end of turn it can pump all your creatures/tokens to huge amounts depending on how much mana you can make.
- Ogre Battledriver : repeatable pump and haste when creating tokens. Can be a win condition with Entity and Alta giving all the creatures/tokens you cheat onto the battlefield haste. Casting Ghired after getting Battledriver onto the battlefield can give an opponent a beating with haste; doing a combined 16 damage with Ghired and two 4/4 Rhinos.
- Armada Wurm : creates a token with trample, good with blink. 10 power of trample for 6 mana.
- Hornet Queen : creates nasty flying tokens, good with blink.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Rugged Highlands
- Blossoming Sands
- Graypelt Refuge
- Kazandu Refuge
- Myriad Landscape
- Sungrass Prairie
- Emmara Tandris
- Doomed Artisan
- Full Flowering
- Ghired's Belligerence
- Slice in Twain
- Aura Mutation
- Growing Ranks
- Flameshadow Conjuring
- Omnath, Locus of Rage
- Splinter Twin
- Iroas, God of Victory
If you like some of these suggestions I offer more advice about these potential additions and the cards I'm suggesting to cut. Good luck with your deck.
4 months ago
Changes made on 9/22/19:
IN: + Nature's Lore , + Talisman of Unity , + Talisman of Curiosity , + Mana Confluence , + City of Brass , + Flooded Grove , + Path of Ancestry , + Bountiful Promenade , + Mana Reflection , + Biomantic Mastery
The land and mana rock swaps were made to allow us to produce more green mana (in turn allowing us to donate more hippos). Signets removed in favor of Talismans because if all our lands can produce , a Signet would not help us give another hippo whereas a Talisman would.
Boundless Realms was removed in favor of Mana Reflection since Reflection costs less and can potentially provide extra mana the turn it is played. Also, Reflection doubles mana gained from nonland sources as well.
Mind's Eye removed in favor of Biomantic Mastery. Mind's Eye requires continual mana investment, and that mana could be spent giving out hippos. Biomantic Mastery has the potential to find our combo pieces and allow us to win the turn it is played.
5 months ago
Hey, good concept and deck given the restrictions of the league you play in.
Mother of Runes can be a repeatable source to protect Marisi or make a creature unblockable by giving it protection from the color of the creature blocking it. Spirit en-Dal can give other creatures Shadow with forecast this includes an opponent's creature making it unable to block another opponent's creature since can use forecast once each turn. Healer's Hawk is an upgrade for a one drop flier. Herald of the Host 's myriad seems powerful with Marisi.
Lands to consider adding:
The little fliers can benefit from more repeatable sources of +1/+1 counters and or other ways to pump them:
Swords to Plowshares and Boros Charm are staple cards in Commander. Ghostly Prison makes it more difficult for your opponents to attack you. Bloodthirsty Blade can be a repeatable source of goad. I think the Talismans can do more here than the Signets because you can use a Talisman to make mana the turn you play it without needing another mana source. With some many one drop creatures here then especially Talisman of Conviction and Talisman of Unity since they can make white mana are upgrades for the Signets. Hunter's Insight and Harmonize are uncommon draw.
Cards to consider cutting:
- 2x Mountain
- 2x Forest
- Boros Signet
- Selesnya Signet
- Legion's Judgment
- Tears of Valakut
- Ranger's Guile
- Skywhaler's Shot
- Dust Corona
- Cloak and Dagger
- Territorial Roc
- Colorful Feiyi Sparrow
- Explosive Vegetation
- Skyshroud Claim
5 months ago
I agree with having more ramp. You can do this through spells, as Chhris suggested, which are good, or you can add some more mana rocks, like the Signets: Selesnya Signet , Gruul Signet , and Boros Signet , and/or the Talismans: Talisman of Conviction , Talisman of Impulse , and Talisman of Unity . I'd prefer to run one or more of these over a mana rock like Gilded Lotus . The Lotus is nice, but when ramp costs 5 CMC, you have to start to wonder if it's really ramp. I'd probably drop the Gruul Keyrune and Thran Dynamo to run some of these cheaper costed mana rocks. But that's my preference, and it would help drop the overall average CMC of your deck, which is pretty high with all the fatties you're running.
I'd look into cutting Warp World and Breath of Life , unless you just really like to mess with the table with Warp World. Breath of Life is a good reanimator spell, but it doesn't seem like it's what your plan with this deck is, and putting in another ramp spell or rock would probably be better served in that slot.
I think Anger would be a good cut, too, as it tends to run better with decks that can just throw it into the bin reliably, as opposed to just waiting for an opponent to kill it for you, or using it as sac fodder. eliakimras suggestion of Rhythm of the Wild is a good one, and if you are looking for another similar spell, Fires of Yavimaya is another budget option.
It looks like a good start, so have fun with it!
5 months ago
I'm seeing the same for Azorius Signet and Dimir Signet . Checked my other decks and found these other ones- Coastal Piracy , Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth , Regrowth , Hour of Promise , Drownyard Temple , Evolving Wilds , Mortuary Mire , Grisly Salvage , Curious Homunculus Flip, Esper Panorama , Arcane Sanctum , Hanweir Garrison , Adarkar Valkyrie , Boros Signet , Talisman of Unity .
I made a deck to track the issue- Test illegal EDH Cards
5 months ago
Obviously Sol Ring