|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elf Druid
Tap: For each color among permanents you control, add one mana of that color to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (11)||ibraJG84 , Ferritt , angesoir , Shiromakuro , Andre_Whales , Sparky41 , itheoryz , RileySisay , , MagnaAura , Roadhog|
|Want (33)||qpenzien , nullination , darbodeluxe , wightwizard8 , Dadaman11 , legobumb , Sulla20XX , obitus , buildingadeck , RedZebra , sne , sodea2012 , AlphaTDog , mk102 , shoebox , Wizidross , mbazzell , SirFowler , link2213 , eleventhend , Forkbeard , rocsta_ , mazrimtaim , Markwiz , MagnaAura , f1freaK , magnoz , cainanunes , accioali , eriico39hi , Blind_Guardian , Auriel , Xelgion|
Bloom Tender Discussion
2 days ago
+1 for Najeela any day!
If you want my opinion on building a competitive varient of najeela combo, tutorsa are the largest thing Lim-Dul's Vault is a personal favorite, yet is very powerful as well, and sees play in nearly every competitive EDH list with both colors.
Fellwar Stone, Talisman of Progress/Talisman of Dominance/Talisman of Indulgence/Talisman of Impulse/Talisman of Unity, Azorius Signet/Dimir Signet/Rakdos Signet/Gruul Signet/Selesnya Signet, Orzhov Signet/Golgari Signet/Simic Signet/Izzet Signet/Boros Signet, Mind Stone, Thought Vessel, Fractured Powerstone, Star Compass, Coldsteel Heart, Marble Diamond/Sky Diamond/Charcoal Diamond/Fire Diamond/Moss Diamond, and Guardian Idol are the two mana rocks I can remember, but all of the two mana rocks are great!
Birds of Paradise, Deathrite Shaman, Noble Hierarch, Elves of Deep Shadow, Avacyn's Pilgrim, Llanowar Elves, Fyndhorn Elves, Elvish Mystic, Boreal Druid, and Arbor Elf are great 1 mana dorks used to ramp out your commander and win conditions faster.
A lot of the above is all I can remember from competitive EDH staples, but check out my primer Why Every Commander is Competitive for further information on building a competitive list!
4 days ago
Yes I have almost entirely stopped using low cost creature ramp in my decks like Llanowar Elves or Birds of Paradise unless it is something like Wood Elves or Sakura-Tribe Elder since they are technically still land-based. Or I will make a rare exception for super strong options like Bloom Tender in my 5 color deck because it is just so efficient.
And yeah I started throwing anti-wipe cards in my decks and it makes a tremendous difference. Counterspells are nice if you have blue but I almost prefer cards like Heroic Intervention and Teferi's Protection because it still lets everyone else get wiped, leaving only you with a massive board state and can close out the game fast. Isochron Scepter is a great card but probably not the best fit for this deck. You would need 15+ 2 mana instants to reliably get a good imprint target.
1 week ago
Hey Sovietolga, In total there are 7 1-drop ramp spells (Possibly 8 with Carpet) in the deck so I never really thought I needed more. Recent testing has shown that paradox engine needs more creatures for more consistency, though. Voyaging Satyr is on the table at this point, in addition to Fyndhorn Elves , Bloom Tender , and Elvish Mystic . I've also been playing without paradox engine the past week, but if I add more dorks I'll probably add it back in. Will update with spicy changes tomorrow, thanks for the input!
1 week ago
Biggest issue I see here is a lack of focus and not enough creatures for a creatures only matter deck.
Animar, Soul of Elements wants two main things: Cast creatures and get +1/+1 counters to cast larger creatures. Everything in the deck should be focused on those two goals.
Setting up the deck to achieve this purpose will make it efficient and powerful. All cards should therefore do one of the following:
- Ramp up to Animar.
- Protect Animar.
- Place counters on Animar.
- Cast game ending creatures for cheap or free.
- Draw cards to allow us to do 1 through 4.
Priority should be given to cards that does something now > does something before your next turn > does something on your next turn > does something eventually.
Because Animar offers a discount based on creatures played, the deck shouldn't be filled with only high cmc game enders, but creatures from low to high cmc, preferably with as little colored mana symbols as possible, to give the deck a natural progression to casting free or cheap high cmc game ending creatures.
Let's split the deck into 3 parts. Pre-Animar setup, Post-Animar setup, Finale.
Note that $: (0 to 0.99), $$: (1.00 to 4.99), $$$: (5.00 to 9.99), $$$$: (10.00 to 19.99), !$!: (20.00+)
Unnecessary on a computer, very helpful on a phone.
- Exotic Orchard is pretty good and cheap and can usually offer every color in multiplayer, especially if an opponent has a Command Tower out or even a Vivid Grove without even needing charge counters. - Kazoo lands such as Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks, and Gruul Turf are good in casual EDH where there is lack of land destruction and they artifically increase your deck ammount by posing as two lands in one. Though overall you do not want too many tap lands as you'll constantly be a entire turn behind.
- Zhur-Taa Druid creature ramp & burn. $
- Bloom Tender creature ramp. !$!
- Coiling Oracle ramp or card draw. $
- Cyclonic Rift removal or 1-sided board wipe. $$$$
- Explore ramp and card Draw. $
- Sakura-Tribe Elder creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Sylvan Caryatid creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Beastcaller Savant creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Kiora's Follower creature ramp or vigilance on a stick. $
- Rattleclaw Mystic creature ramp and color fix. $
- Walking Atlas potentially free creature ramp. $
- Simic Charm so versatile. $
- Lightning Greaves Protection and quick haste for a large creature. $$
- Spellskite For those , & removals. $$$
- Ring of Kalonia Ramp every turn and makes Animar a lot more threatening. $
- Sage of Fables Emergency card draw. $$
- Pestermite Vigilance, chump blocker vs flying or stopping a giant creature. $
- Guided Passage One of the best card draw and pick your poison spells ever. $$
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal A creature hardened scales and specific tutor. $$
- Cloudstone Curio An auto include if you can afford it. $$$$
- Temur Ascendancy Makes all your casted creatures threatening and some card draw. $
- Phyrexian Metamorph Costs 2 life and can do so much for you. $$$
- Solemn Simulacrum Free ramp, chump blocker and card draw. $$
- Faerie Artisans It doesn't look like much, this is card can get crazy. $$
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend A growing monstrocity that explodes into cards. $$
- Silent Arbiter Protection against swarm decks. $$
- Xenagos, God of Revels Game ender. $$
- Vesuvan Shapeshifter On your upkeep, you may pay to clone the biggest and baddest mofo on the field. $
- Deepglow Skate Potential huge ramp for just . $$$
- Progenitor Mimic Very dangerous to copy one of the heavy hitters in this deck. $$
- Consecrated Sphinx All the card draw. $$$
- Deadwood Treefolk Repeatable creature recusion. $
- Steel Hellkite Situational, but very deadily against token decks. $
- Great Oak Guardian Great, quick surprise block when tapped out. $
- Pathbreaker Ibex Quick, game ender. $$
- Thunderfoot Baloth Setup for getting past defenses. $$
- Scourge of the Throne Depending on the situation, can be deadly. !$!
1 week ago
Shrieking Drake and Dream Stalker Are great for animar. As long as you have blue mana you can keep it going good way to get his counters up or bounce a more powerful creature like a Kozilek, Butcher of Truth to cast it again for free or Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger for the VALUE. Yavimaya Hollow is good regenerate effect on a land and Bloom Tender makes blue red and green mana if animar is out 3 total for one mana dork which is insane. Id cut out some creatures like Consecrated Sphinx you draw enough with Primordial Sage and Soul of the Harvest some of the enchantments could possibly be cut too. Your creatures should all have effects they're spells with a body. You mana should just be to cast creatures mainly. Glamerdye is a cool trick to give him protection from another color.
1 week ago
1 week ago
doc_brietz Give that a spin and see how it goes? Potentially you could cut Mikaeus for the Mirrorweave, since if Mirrorweaving and Polymorphous Rushing are common plays of the deck then you'd lose the benefits of undying anyway. I feel like the Mirrorweave wouldn't work as well because opponents also get to benefit from the transformation, whereas with Polymorphous Rush it doesn't work on opponents' creatures, and you get to choose a different creature for each copy of Polymorphous Rush.
scotchtapedsleeve I was initially running Demonic and Vampiric Tutors, but cut those since the deck needed slots in a few categories, and opted to go for more cantrips for the experience of explosive draws with Zada et al., and also for the variance of winning with different cards every game. I did add Green Sun's Zenith and Wargate since they double as very efficient ramp spells, with 3 mana putting into play Harabaz Druid, Bloom Tender, and Gaea's Cradle.