|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elf Druid
Tap: For each color among permanents you control, add one mana of that color to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Bloom Tender Discussion
4 days ago
Another great choice for a tribal deck is Coat of Arms .
It never hurts to have more creature tutors--especially in a tribal deck. A few you might consider are: Recruiter of the Guard , Eladamri's Call , Enlightened Tutor , Idyllic Tutor , Altar of Bone , Green Sun's Zenith , Sylvan Tutor and Summoner's Pact .
If you want to go faster you'll need to get more lands out fast and/or mana rocks. That's where green comes in. White has a few spells like Land Tax , Tithe and Oreskos Explorer but, green has stuff like: Burgeoning , Carpet of Flowers , Exploration Utopia Sprawl , Wild Growth , Land Grant , Crop Rotation , Sylvan Scrying , Azusa, Lost but Seeking , Birds of Paradise and Bloom Tender .
Its also not a bad idea to toss in a few more instant-speed removal spells such as: Swords to Plowshares , Wear Away , Sundering Growth , Nature's Claim , Naturalize , Natural State , Dispatch , Disenchant , Afterlife , Beast Within , Crib Swap and Oblation .
4 days ago
I'd take Journey to Nowhere over Pacifism , there are a lot of creatures who hurt you just by being on the battlefield without attacking or blocking anyone. Luminarch Ascension seems like a card that's good in multiplayer where you have a lot of opponents' end phases for it to trigger in and a propensity for stale mates, so if you're playing that way a lot it's a good card. In normal matchups, though, I don't see it doing much for you. Instead of Ghostly Prison , I'd bring in Archangel of Tithes , she's a bit more expensive for you and not as expensive for your opponent, but she's more versatile and comes with a 3/5 body which can really do wonders.
Darksteel Citadel doesn't seem to do a whole lot of good for you, and the occasional life-gain from Seraph Sanctuary is really also something you need to have a payoff for for it to be worth it. Maybe just get some extra plains, or you could get Eiganjo Castle or Okina, Temple to the Grandfathers . You also seem to have rather more forests than I'd really recommend, but good dual lands are expensive, so I get you :) If you can afford them, I recommend Temple Garden , Horizon Canopy , Windswept Heath , Razorverge Thicket and Wooded Bastion .
Shaman of Forgotten Ways seems way too expensive, I'd get Birds of Paradise or more Noble Hierarch s if you can afford it, otherwise Avacyn's Pilgrim , Beastcaller Savant or Bloom Tender can do good work too. I'm also not sure what Kytheon's Irregulars ' role in your deck is, again let me recommend Archangel of Tithes , or alternatively Angel of Jubilation , Shalai, Voice of Plenty , or Indomitable Archangel or Gisela, the Broken Blade . Baneslayer Angel is a fine card, but unless you're facing demons and dragons regularly, Lyra Dawnbringer is probably better. Her ability to be a lord for other angels is really nice.
Iona, Shield of Emeria and Avacyn, Angel of Hope are super powerful bombs, but I'm not sure you have enough ramp to play them consistently. Of course, you know your local meta better than I do, so you be the judge of that yourself :) I'd recommend thinking about dropping them, though.
And last, a shameless plug. I've been playing with an angel deck of my own at my local FNM and been doing OK, it's been mono-white, white-green-red and is now just white-green. You can check the latest iteration here if you're looking for a somewhat different take on this whole business: Noble Angels
6 days ago
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Hello there! Love your build, however I often find myself a bit short on mana, since I currently can't afford either Bloom Tender nor Noble Hierarch. So I'm currently experimenting with Druids' Repository. What do you think about it? Any other budget-friendly ideas for replacing those cards is most welcome. Thank you!
2 weeks ago
Really like the deck concept and it looks like a blast to pilot. Except I can't help but think Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder is an odd commander choice since he doesn't contribute much to the overall strategy aside from just being in the desired colors. Might I suggest Akiri, Line-Slinger? The ability might not be very relevant, but wouldn't it contribute faster mana to ramp and combo off with Bloom Tender?
I assume your strategy is to fetch Bloom Tender with Yisan, then verse 3 into Village Bell-Ringer and untapping to verse 4 with Yisan and grab Felidar Guardian, blink Bell Ringer with the Guardian, and you get to untap again to verse 5 into Kiki-Jiki to copy the Guardian and attack with infinite cats, correct? I honestly think Akiri is considerably a better fit in here to fulfill that role of netting you faster mana with Bloom Tender for this reason alone which outclasses Bruse Tarl in this sort of list, unless he is contributing something else in here that I'm just neglecting to see. Overall though, great list! +1
2 weeks ago
Thank you for the suggestions, some of them are going to be added in when I buy them and find slots:
- Bloom Tender - fantastic card, it will definitely find a home eventually.
- Glen Elendra Archmage - I've been trying to remember the name of this card, i want more counterspell in the deck and with it having persist and me running a +1/+1 counter subtheme, it'll be extremely abusable.
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger - love this card, but I won't add it to this deck. I run it my mono green deck and I don't want the 2 decks to feel the same.
- Jin-Gitaxias, Core Auger - I like this card, but it might be a little too oppressive for how I want the deck. It may replace Nezahal, Primal Tide eventually. I'll have to do some playtesting.
- Abzan Beastmaster - this is underwhelming to me. Id rather draw off each creature I cast than banking on getting a card per round.
- Ixidron - not a fan. I only run 1 morph creature so this would hurt me considerably as I count on all my creature abilities to overpower my opponents.
- Voyaging Satyr - I personally like mana d9rks more than I like untapping lands. Especially since I don't have any big mana generating ones in the deck.
- Gaea's Cradle - I have 1 copy , and it's in use in my mono green deck. And I don't switch out cards, so as good as it is, it probably won't find a home in this particular deck.
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx - this is an interesting suggestion, as it's so much better in mono colored decks. But green is my predominant color in this deck and could be decent. I'll have to playtest it and see.
Thanks again for the suggestions!
2 weeks ago
DAabean: Hey thanks for your suggestions and feedback. Since I'm a sucker for pure tribal build I have to unfortunately exclude Bloom Tender from my list as awesome as it is in Derevi. The same goes for Seedborn Muse/Murkfiend Liege which I have been using Quest for Renewal to substitute for. I do like the idea of aphetto alchemist..will be looking more into that combo. I agree that Derevi tends to drive the direction towards the stax side but what can we do? lol. Thanks again!