|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)||Common|
|Return to Ravnica (RTR)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Counter target instant spell.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (19)||NOGzFTW , ajc3527 , Neos272 , Falte , dplerner , frederiklw , darthnuchi , MattN7498 , Tommuz , Mousemke , tahavin , saj0219 , rockleemyhero , , LTmiller , ironax , brokendwarf , DudeMan1031 , Wolfninja|
|Want (2)||Ariumlegion , TheAnnihilator|
2 days ago
I don't think you want Enigma Drake at all. The mana cost is really high when you could lower your land count and play more instants/sorceries. The other thing is that you're not playing Stormchaser Mage, Monastery Swiftspear, or Young Pyromancer. Each of those should take priority over Enigma Drake.
I'd lower the land count and up the cantrips. Disperse and Lightning Strike are also just kinda terrible in Modern. Cutting those would free up some more room. 4 Serum Visions, 4 Opt and ideally some Sleight of Hands.
Lastly, you probably want a Dispel in the mainboard, along with Spell Snare. They're huge swings in tempo if you can hit 2+ CMC spells with Dispel or counter a huge threat (like Tarmogoyf) with Spell Snare.
3 days ago
3 days ago
You may want Thoughtseize or IoK in the sideboard over Dispel, especially thanks to enemy Abrupt Decays. Since you need to dig for combo pieces, Opt is probably better than Peek, and with discard in the side youll already have hand info.
4 days ago
Hey I've been playing Kess, Dissident Mage since she was released and I love her. Some simple changes you could make to your deck are as follows-
- Kess, Dissident Mage loves instants and sorceries more than creatures, she especially loves Tutors and "cantrip's" (spells that do an effect and then replace themselves) since she can cast them twice they become card advantage. You have many cheap options I would add Gitaxian Probe, Ponder, Preordain, Impulse, Opt and maybe Serum Visions and Brainstorm for cantrips and Gamble, Dark Petition possibly Merchant Scroll, Beseech the Queen and Mystical Tutor for tutors. The cantrips will also help you hit early land drops.
- Your mana curve is pretty scary for a deck with only 29 lands you need to take that down a bit or add more lands probably do both. Decks with 29 lands run all the cantrips and have a average CMC of around 2 not 3.5
- You have Windfall how about a Notion Thief? Its quite powerful when flashed in in response to someones draw spell.
- The dragon theme doesnt make any sense and is very counter intuitive to what your deck is trying to do. You should probably cut all the dragons and dragon related spells.
- My favorite win condition for Kess, Dissident Mage is using Aetherflux Reservoir and Isochron Scepter with Dramatic Reversal to cast infinite spells and gain infinite life. If you went that rout adding Fabricate, Muddle the Mixture maybe Shred Memory and Whir of Invention would probably be a good idea.
- I think you could also probably cut The Locust God, Skullclamp and Unstable Obelisk instead of those add Dimir Signet and hopefully Talisman of Indulgence, Talisman of Dominance and for draw add cards like Fact or Fiction, Manifold Insights or Dig Through Time and Treasure Cruise. You can add Faithless Looting and Frantic Search to preload the graveyard to pay for the last two spells.
- Dark Petition, Dark Ritual and Cabal Ritual are great mana producing spells for Kess, Dissident Mage
your counter magic suite is a little weak you probably want Chain of Vapor, Swan Song, Counterspell, Delay and Dispel along with Negate. take out any counterspell that cost more than 2 mana.
- Baral, Chief of Compliance is super good at reducing the cost of your spells as well. With him add Red Elemental Blast and Pyroblast depending on meta.
- These changes will make you weaker to creatures run Reality Shift, Snap, Rapid Hybridization, Fire Covenant and Earthquake
4 days ago
It's more to complement some of the things I have. Duress usually comes in with Thoughtseize so I can save two life; Dispel and Spell Snare come in sometimes to help with control matchups alongside other stuff. I do want to find space for more Leylines though...
4 days ago
1 week ago
1 week ago
so Dispel isn't standard and should be removed for this deck to be standard