|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ultimate Masters (UMA)||Common|
|Masters 25 (A25)||None|
|Conspiracy: Take the Crown (CN2)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Target creature you control gains protection from the color of your choice until end of turn.
Scry 1. (Look at the top card of your library. You may put that card on the bottom of your library.)
Gods Willing Discussion
2 days ago
I'm not running more Gods Willing type effects as prefer the flicker/exile in my build. The advantage is 1/2 my ramp spells are creatures which have a ETB effect that ramps, works better with exile flicker for protection, with the downside that the herioc creatures have to reset counters if they targeted for removal. I'm on the fence with this one.
I like Blinding Flare ... Seems pretty good for derailing any fatty blockers.
3 days ago
im surprised your not running more Gods Willing type things. also Renegade Tactics can be good draw if you want more draw cards (but idk if you need them) I would definitely run Blinding Flare it can win games really easily. any strive cards really would be good b/c you can target one of your creatures and then the rest of the targets can be whatever you want. I would recomend toning down your decks power so your group doesn't kill you immediately. idk what kind of group you play in but at least for me I found a lot of success by playin almost no creatures during the early game and just playing defensively. just protecting your own yourself and make sure to have something to hurt any opponent if they attack you so they will have no reason to attack you. then I just one shot them all when I am ready with like 10 lands. Gideon's Sacrifice pretty much wins you the game by itself btw I would recommend it. if you are just going for a raw power deck you might add Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker and Midnight Guard . anyways I like the deck Feather is the most op commander ever in my opinion. let me know what you think about my input.
5 days ago
Yeah man, this one is tough. It looks pretty good, although I think I may take out some of the artifact hate and instead put in more targeted pump spells. You have a lot of protection spells (although maybe lacking a Gods Willing ) and double-strike spells, but you have few actual pump spells. Some of the spells I think can be upgraded, namely Boros Charm , Blessed Alliance , and maybe Balduvian Rage . These are good cards, but specifically with the indestructible spells, they are mostly used to counteract wrath effects which are not played in Tiny Leaders because of the mana cost restriction. You might look into Reckless Charge , Brute Force , Rush of Blood , Titan's Strength , and things of the like. I like the heroic package. Some of the other creatures you can probably cut without too much loss. Taking out Duergar Hedge-Mage and Electrostatic Field is where I would start. They just seem slow and kind of clunky. I could see Akroan Crusader and especially Dreadhorde Arcanist fitting nicely. This style of deck is entirely focused on what it is trying to do, so if you are interacting with the opponent it means you are detracting from the power of the deck, which is to apply pressure. Nice build though, I am not looking forward to facing it!
1 month ago
TwinStags You are correct in saying that Oblation is a really good card, I wouldn't fault anybody for keeping it in the deck. And it will most likely always be in the "maybe" section of the deck at the very least. It might float in and out of the list as more testing gets done going forward.
Stuffy Doll I do not like for a couple of reasons. One is he locks himself to a single opponent, which to me just makes himself a worse version of Guttersnipe since in EDH there is 4 players. And secondly is that we really dont run a whole lot of damage outlets outside of Aetherflux Reservoir . There is a few cards here and there, but hardly enough to warrant the inclusion of a support card for it. Silverclad Ferocidons is bad for a similar reason, in that we just dont have the damage pinging support for it, but also he is LUDICROUSLY expensive. At 7 mana we should honestly be looking to combo into a victory, not play with fun cards. Cards like Sun Titan work well at such a high mana cost because he is best friends with the most powerful card in our deck Sunforger , but outside of that you should be looking to close out the game once you get to the higher mana costs. Not play goodstuff.
In regards to pumping strategies. It just isn't good enough. Our deck already runs about .5-1 turns slower than the other cutthroat decks thanks to the lack of card support for Boros. And combat/pump strategies are even further behind that. Imagine it as giving the opponents a free Time Walk or Time Stretch every time you play. It really sets you off on the the wrong foot. Matches that I actually managed to pull off any pump combos in order to win were almost always due to luck. Like I'd either get the perfect stax piece on the board early, or they enemies invested too many resources to shutdown another player in order to handle me. But it just isn't consistent enough to warrant running. And as a side not since you asked. cards with "heroic" like Akroan Crusader do NOT combo with Zada, Hedron Grinder or Mirrorwing Dragon . You can only target 1 with the initial spell, so in the end, all heroic cards are anti synergy with some of our more powerful combo pieces.
Scrying is nice, but not really good enough. We really only care about card draw when it comes to getting card advantage. Any sort of scry effects we get are just tacked on to already good cards like Gods Willing . Any card that scrys for us I'd rather just replace with something that draws us a card.
Hope this helps :)
1 month ago
- Nyxborn Shieldmate for Boros Reckoner both better creatures and reckoner works amazing with lightmines if u decide to add it
- Palace Guard for Archetype of Aggression
- Darksteel Plate for Whispersilk Cloak since your guys are invincible anyways. this also deters them from being targeted.. boardwipes will still work though.
- Stoneforge Masterwork for Tenza, Godo's Maul if up u this on ur commander hes a 10/7 menance with trample, seems like a better piece
- Armory of Iroas - Sunforger costs a few more mana but u have alot of tricks u can pull out of it for free late game
- Staff of Nin for Mind's Eye
- Avacyn's Collar for Spear of Heliod upgrades all ur doods and makes people scared to attack you
- Manalith for Commander's Sphere an upgrade
- Act of Treason for Faithless Looting card draw with flashback seems always good
- Mass Mutiny - Mob Rule seems like an upgrade
- Miraculous Recovery - Settle the Wreckage amazing board wipe, can really put you ahead. if not interested in a board wipe id suggest maybe a single target removal like Chaos Warp . i feel like you need ways to deal with high pressure threats
- Pay No Heed - Deflecting Palm
- Righteousness for Fight to the Death i know these two cards arent related, but how hilarious would it be to cast this when someone else is combating another player, basically can wipe two players boards if timed proper. if u would prefer to keep a combat trick here i would suggest maybe Gods Willing or something that does not require the creature to be blocking
- Smite - Ride Down
- Warleader's Helix - Savage Beating or Ajani Vengeant i feel helix doesnt provide enough value, for removal it is very weak , if u want good removal to replace this instead of a threats i listed, i would consider Oblivion Ring type cards
- Martial Glory - Boros Charm charm is must include, so much value! protect from boardwipes including land destruction! removal or maybe boost ur commander after blocks with a double strike if some1 is already been hit once and hello 21 commander dmg
1 month ago
After playing last night, I get the feeling that the deck is being pulled into too many different directions. My advice is to lean into the cantrip effects while protecting Feather and the other creatures, and try to win through combat as soon as possible. I think that the token subtheme is solid, but I'd chuck the redirect shenanigans. It would make for a good laugh when/if it finally goes off, but the combo is too fragile, too expensive, and takes up way too many card slots.
My suggestions (in no particular order):
- Gods Willing - Card draw/protection
- Balduvian Rage - Card draw/damage (potentially lethal)
- Niveous Wisps - Card draw/tap down a big creature if you sense that it will be coming at you next combat
- Panic - Card draw/get through a blocker
- Rile - Card draw/trample
- Chaos Warp - Turn tokens into value or deal with an enemy threat
- Samut's Sprint - Set up a card draw with the scry/more damage
- Shelter - Card draw/protection
- Vanguard of Brimaz - Token generation
- Boros Charm - Will likely be used to protect your board state, but could also be used to finish off an opponent(s)
- Aurelia's Fury - Can be abused repeatedly by just pinging one of your creatures/can be used as a finisher
- Seize the Day - Repeatable extra combats
- Ajani's Presence - Protection
- Balefire Liege - Lifegain and extra damage while buffing your creatures
- Iroas, God of Victory - Menace and damage prevention when you're swinging. Definitely.
- Titan's Strength - More damage/Scry to set up card draw
- Valorous Stance - Protection/Destroy an enemy threat
- Guided Strike - Card draw/might be able to first strike surprise someone
- Temur Battle Rage - Finisher
- Accelerate - Card draw/haste
- Grapeshot - You'll be casting enough cheap spells that this could be a finisher
- Swiftfoot Boots - Feather is key to the strategy, so hexproof is going to be very useful. I wouldn't bother with Lightning Greaves though.
- Aetherflux Reservoir - Definitely. Lifegain and one-shotting an opponent.
- Fellwar Stone - R/W are the two least played, so you may have more trouble getting what you want, but more mana is rarely bad.
- Darksteel Ingot - Colored mana rock
- Purphoros, God of the Forge - On the fence with this one, but I think you have enough token generation to warrant him.
- Twinflame - Multiple Heroic trigger and synergizes well with Purphoros
- Spawning Breath - Puke up tokens for ramp/Purph triggers. Bonus points if you proc Heroic.
- Assemble the Legion - Another iffy card that I'd probably only run with the Purph package. It pretty much has to be answered or it will get out of control, but it takes time.
- Skullclamp - Plenty of tokens to draw cards off of. May already have enough card draw, if there is such a thing. Test to find out.
- Bathe in Light - Protection for likely many of your creatures, but no card draw, and it doesn't protect against board wipes.
- Grand Abolisher - We aren't a particularly counter-heavy meta, but I think this might warrant an include to protect from getting hit with a 2-for-1 destroy spell in response to your targeting your creature with a spell. This deck will be reliant on swinging hard every turn.
- Duergar Hedge-Mage - We have a pretty enchantment/artifact heavy meta, but if you are fast enough, it may not matter.
- Runaway Steam-Kin - Useful for storing up some red mana for those X spells, but there aren't many in the deck currently.
- Vandalblast - cough Meta cough
- Soul's Fire - Good way to finish someone off, if you can't get through easily. Might not be necessary.
- Emerge Unscathed - Protection. The free cast is nice, but lacks the card draw.
- Sentinel Tower - Iffy on this one, but I think you'll cast enough spells to make this valuable.
- Graceful Reprieve - ETB triggers/"Protection". Definitely better than Gift of Immortality in this deck, but you should be able to keep your creatures alive without needing this.
- Teferi's Protection - Dodging boardwipes is useful, but this may be unnecessary. No way of abusing Feather's ability here.
- Gilded Lotus - Colored mana rock, but with such a low average CMC, this may not be necessary relative to the cost.
- Fell the Mighty - Board wipe that will let you keep at least something of yours. Test to see if it is necessary. You may be able to outpace opponents without it.
- Austere Command - Value city. Likely to be used to wipe other threats while keeping your own. Test to see if it is necessary. You may be able to outpace opponents without it.
- Chandra's Ignition - paired with one of the spells that give protection or indestructible, and targeting a heavy hitter, you can wipe everyone else's creatures and keep your own. Might be too heavy-handed, but probably worth testing.
- Bandage - Card draw/possible protection. The protection seems a bit weak, so I'd only add it, if you feel that you're stalling out on card draw.
- Heal - Card draw/possible protection The protection seems a bit weak, so I'd only add it, if you feel that you're stalling out on card draw.
- Crowd's Favor - Not sure that it does enough to warrant a card slot, especially without drawing you a card.
- Galvanic Blast - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Liberate - Currently, the only ETB effects in the deck are Captain of the Watch and Stuffy Doll 's choose a player clause, both of which I would recommend cutting. It would synergize with the Purph package, but even still I'm not sure it warrants a spot, given all the protection you already have.
- Lightning Bolt - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Lightning Strike - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Magnetic Theft - There are currently only two equipments in the deck, and you're unlikely to face too many equipments in our meta, since your decks make up most of the equipment in said meta.
- Shock - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Authority of the Consuls - The small amount of lifegain is unlikely to be needed. The hatebear effect is too easy to play around.
- Gift of Immortality - This card doesn't synergize with much of anything. You're better off running protection spells that Feather can return to your hand.
- Guilty Conscience - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Indestructibility - With as many instants that give a creature indestructible, this card seems unnecessary and only serves to slow the deck down.
- Pariah - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Shielded by Faith - With as many instants that give a creature indestructible, this card seems unnecessary and only serves to slow the deck down.
- Boros Reckoner - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Captain of the Watch - There are only 3 other soldiers in the deck. She might (barely) make the cut, if you had Purphoros, but I'd likely still cut her.
- Coalhauler Swine - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Fabled Hero - Basically, just a beater. I'd much rather proc the other Heroic triggers in order to get tokens to protect against forced sacrifice effects.
- Firesong and Sunspeaker - You have 1 white spell that can trigger this, and that is if you swords your own creature. You have 6 (cut to 2 with these suggestions) red spells that will gain you life. Using Blasphemous Act to gain a bunch of life is neat, but lifegain in Commander is often negligible due to commander damage, and with so few ways of actually triggering this card at all, it definitely doesn't make the cut.
- Stuffy Doll - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Truefire Captain - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Fire Diamond - Not terrible when you get it early, but coming in tapped is going to feel bad when you need the mana that turn.
- Marble Diamond - Not terrible when you get it early, but coming in tapped is going to feel bad when you need the mana that turn.
- Pariah's Shield - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
- Pearl Medallion - Not enough high CMC white cards to warrant this, especially since it doesn't discount the color cost.
- Chain Lightning - Part of the cut redirect package. Little use outside of said package.
1 month ago
I think Brave the Elements would be a significant upgrade to Gods Willing by trading the scry for applying the same effect to your entire board for greater impact. This can save them from sweeper effects, allow you to block safely, or make your creatures unblockable by the chosen color. Also, the Lost Leonin splits your deck's attack focus between regular damage and poison counters. If you want to keep it at 2 CMC or less, great alternatives could be Ajani's Sunstriker , Ajani's Pridemate , or even Metallic Mimic
1 month ago
Before we get into this, I just want to say that if I sound like a know-it-all and a dick, it's toatally unintentional and I apologize for it. Also, I have never played Jeskai in EDH, so please take my suggestions with a grain of salt.
It's kind of hard to find a good Jeskai Commander that is based around creatures, so I think you have two options:
Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest , which will have to be more spell based, to trigger his abilities,
Of course, you could have both in your deck, and switch them around as the meta/playgroup changes, but it's best to choose one now. I'll provide options for both.
The ramp and land package wil be roughly the same, so I'll start with that. I use TCC's manabase template, but feel free to change it.
TCC's template for a manabase is this, but feel free to change it to fit your budget etc.
3 OG Duals (Can be replaced by Check, Scry or Man lands)
3 Zend-Onslought Fetch (Can be replaced by Panoramas)
15 total basics and utility (9/6 split)
3 Filter Lands
3 Pain Lands
4 Any Colour Lands
1 Tri Land
3 Other Lands(more utility, duals, Lairs, etc)
Here's a deck that I drafted if you want Shu Yun, Silent Tempest as your commander. I left three slots for the cards already in your deck
That ends my very long post. Feel free the change anything you want about the decks I made, as they are only a first draft.
Gods Willing occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%