|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Uncommon|
|Dragons of Tarkir (DTK)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Each creature you control assigns combat damage equal to its toughness rather than its power.
: Target creature with defender can attack this turn as though it didn't have defender.
: Creatures you control get +0/+1 until end of turn.
Assault Formation Discussion
6 days ago
I would remove some of the creatures and up the land count to 36 or 37 since I don't think 29 lands is a very good idea.
Panharmonicon would be a good card to add since you will draw 2 with arcades when a defender enters.
Slaughter the Strong would be another good board wipe to add into the deck.
Angelic Chorus is another good addition so you can gain a nice amount of life whenever one of your walls enters.
6 days ago
@BIBIGIV - That's interesting.. I'll see if i can fit it in the deck.. thanks!
2 weeks ago
We would like to recommend:
- Assault Formation / Wakestone Gargoyle : bit of redundancy in case Arcades is unavailable.
- Spidersilk Armor : provide all your defenders with reach (and a small toughness bonus).
- Tower Defense : instant, large toughness boost for all your creatures; can close out games in the right circumstances.
- Abzan Beastmaster : as your stuff is probably the toughest ...
- Indomitable Ancients : not defenders, but very tough and thus strong attackers if Arcades is present.
- Silklash Spider : tough creature AND a walking, repeatable Windstorm .
- Skinshifter : great value for a very versatile creature.
Some additional walls we would consider:
- Amaranthine Wall : because you can make it indestructible.
- Wall of Glare : fun if you can make this indestructible.
- Wall of Frost : because everyone hates facing it.
- Living Wall : because it regenerates and because it looks awesome (and disgusting).
Mrs. and Mr. NV_1980
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
@sigiledwatch - aside from a possible Zetalpa, Primal Dawn haste attack with Crashing Drawbridge , then Tainted Strike , it's pretty situational.. It might be better on token strategies.. Plus, it can't attack unless Assault Formation is in the battlefield, and i pay 1 green mana for it to attack.. but thanks for the suggestion!
2 months ago
Being able to attack with your walls if need be should be a priority. You wont always be able to keep your commander out so cards like Assault Formation , High Alert and Rolling Stones definitely deserve a spot in the 99.
2 months ago
The first places I'm going to test this:
1. Delver: we all know it's going to take another Treasure Cruise to make modern delver real
2. Soulherder + Stonehorn Dignitary
3. Some ridiculous zoo deck with goyfs and probably Mishra's Bauble and way too few lands
3.5: some kiln fiend deck or prowess of some kind that also plays way too few lands
4. Assault Formation decks: dont judge me. I've got a long history with doran
6. Freed from the Real combo
7. Kiki decks?
8. 8-whack. Seems sweet
10. Through the Breach /raze-boar decks
11. GW Value-town?! I'd love to see it come back
And since it looks like I'm stretching I want to end this with where i think we wont see it:
1. Tron: it misses planeswalkers and artifacts. Instant deal-breaker
2. Elves. They got searching on lock, though the Land Grant mode could come in handy
3. Neoform: it doesnt fit their playstyle, they go off much more like a legacy Belcher deck and a top 5 cards cantrip wont save many of their openers
4. Stoneblade: while turn 1 find a hierarch and play it be an awesome opening line,
The midrange uses of this card are pretty low powerlevel.
5. Crazy 5-color shenanigans: I dont think this will be enough to break some crazy ridiculous manabase deck or fragile combo deck.
cough (jeskai ascendancy) cough
6. Puresteel: drawing one of these during the beginning of the combo when you're still able to fizzle seems backbreaking, so maybe as a <2 of?
So naturally, the card is probably going to completely revolutionize one of those decks
Assault Formation occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
GWU (Bant): 0.64%