|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ravnica Allegiance (RNA)||Rare|
|Zendikar Expeditions (EXP)||Mythic Rare|
|Return to Ravnica (RTR)||Rare|
|Ravnica: City of Guilds (RAV)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Land — Swamp Mountain
(: Gain or .)
As Blood Crypt enters the battlefield, you may pay 2 life. If you don't, Blood Crypt enters the battlefield tapped.
|Have (4)||, rockleemyhero , CampbellStev , Schnellerdamon|
|Want (13)||ahp12 , snip102 , xcmb , Milkey , FateDecider , redsky87 , RedHopper13 , Karmaturtle , TheJoe743 , GabenLagann , Apgeithner , LynxOnAcid , MurderousMeatloaf|
Blood Crypt Discussion
3 hours ago
1 week ago
What's with all the fetches? I mean are they necessary when you run Blood Crypt as the only swamp-mountain? I mean other than Bloodstained Mire , wouldn't it be more efficient to just make them basics? I dont know, maybe its just me. Maybe theres something im missing. Nice list though, regardless. I love my Chainer deck aswell. +1!
1 week ago
RNR_Gaming I'm going to try out your suggestions along with the other cards in the maybe board now. Blood Crypt | Cabal Coffers | Crop Rotation | Dakmor Salvage | Demonic Tutor | Hour of Promise | Kessig Wolf Run | Overgrown Tomb | Skirge Familiar | Slippery Karst | Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre | Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth | Volrath's Stronghold
Waiting on them to arrive now and haven't decided what to swap yet. We've only played the deck a few times but it feels inconsistent and like there's not enough removal so far.
2 weeks ago
Boomcat12B I totally agree on the front of tapped lands (though certain taplands have a purpose, such as Mortuary Mire for recursion). The issue at hand is that I want to keep this deck as budget as possible to make it accessible, and for me that means keeping it under $300. Sadly good lands are stupidly expensive, so I purposefully excluded most of them. Also, I already did run Blood Crypt and Graven Cairns . But I do think I may swap out City of Brass for Sulfurous Springs as it brings the price down by about $2.
I will definitely look to include the Sunscorched Desert , ping damage adds up and can be underappreciated.
TetrAggressive I agree that the crawler is powerful if it hits the field with Anje, but I don't currently have any creature's I would want to cut for the include. For instance, Archfiend of Ifnir is the same CMC, but it plays off the discard, as opposed to the draw.
2 weeks ago
If you can get away with tapped lands in your play group that's awesome. But when playing at a competitive tier tapped lands are simply to slow and don't provide enough upside to justify taking up a slot. Especially with Anje. She wants to win as soon as possible since she has very little in the way of effective interaction outside of a few cards. Maybe replace those tapped lands with fetches (these give you a shuffle effect which can be helpful, especially when rummaging with Anje)- Fetchlands/ Blood Crypt , Graven Cairns , Sulfurous Springs , Luxury Suite , or Aether Hub as just a few ideas. These will help speed up your deck and provide more consistent plays. Also definitely add Sunscorched Desert this gives you another means to proc dmg off of you worldgorger loop, with the added bonus of being a land so it is much more difficult to interact with. Also I think Fellwar Stone is a better include over Mind Stone as it will provide you with colored mana (Hopefully a black or red). There is nothing wrong with 2 drop mana ramp in CEDH by the way. It is just not as effective as cards like Crypt or Vault. But they can work nicely to help round out your mana base as CEDH runs much lighter land packages than regular EDH. My "Budget" CEDH Anje list runs 30 lands and 11 mana rocks. (I am running that many because I am not running Crypt or LED since I am trying to keep it under 800 dollars and "budget" for CEDH anyways) My deck wants to win by turn 3 or 4 so I need to make sure I hit a rock for turn 1 or 2. Finally might I suggest Dualcaster Mage and Heat Shimmer as a back up wincon if gorger is exiled. Just some ideas that I hope help out some.
2 weeks ago
- Not sure what your budget is but here are cards I would recommend:
- For starts Id get black in your board it helps a lot beacuse: Sling-Gang Lieutenant and Munitions Expert are amazing
- I would put in 1 (max 2) Krenko, Mob Boss when it lands it accelerates hard
- Goblin Ringleader a play set is 1$ and helps the deck a lot.
- Pashalik Mons can help the deck for when your small goblins die, I would run 1
- Goblin Warchief seems amazing
- Goblin Matron lets you find the perfect goblin always
- Goblin Chieftain typically lords (+1/+1 to a creature type) is an auto 4 of. However if you are more mid-range comboy then dont have as many
- Mogg War Marshal the echo seems really bad at first but then you have death triggers which is free damage so its good id have 4
- Goblin Piledriver Gets very big and blue creatures cannot block it, and cannot be targeted by blue bounce spells. (can still be countered though :( )
- Goblin Cratermaker is a goblin that is cheap removal
- Skirk Prospector lets you play big goblins sooner. Can also synergize well with cards being there is the death trigger. You could swing for 10 then sac 10 goblins draining them for 10, which kills them with 10 power on the board.
- Mogg Fanatic is a oldy but goody, Its worth considering 1.
- Tarfire if you want to be memey this technically counts as a goblin (which means you can search for it as if it was a goblin even though its an instant).
- Aether Vial is a big money card but sooooo much fun
- Auntie's Hovel helps your mana base and so does Cavern of Souls id play 4 of each with unlimited money
- Bloodstained Mire is great it filters and can find Blood Crypt I would then run 4 mountains and one swamp. You want to run about 22 lands here no less then 21. Generally for deck construction going below 19 lands is a bad idea (minus a few combo decks, but they run a lot of blue filter cards).
- Blood Moon is a funny card to run
- Goblin Chainwhirler can be fun as well
- If artifacts are a problem then play Goblin Trashmaster
- Black also gets you Earwig Squad
- Another way to build it would be like this: OmniGoblin which is a combo kinda deck
2 weeks ago
Thank you, thank you. I'm saving a list of all these spicy suggestions so I can pick them up soon (I think I only own one or two of them) and start making some heavy edits. It's funny because I dropped Diabolic Tutor for Netherborn Phalanx , but thinking about it now, the tutor makes more sense. The drops I mainly have in here to lower cmc average, but you have some suggestions here that will make cutting them easier. Shrapnel Blast is getting axed. I found a Blood Crypt I think I'll put in here too.
3 weeks ago
Nice Deck, the only problem I see regards the lands. I promise, your deck can be 100% better if you add the right lands. I would consider the following:
- Ancient Tomb
- Bloodstained Mire
- Dragonskull Summit
- City of Brass
- Mana Confluence
- Blood Crypt
- Smoldering Marsh
- Foreboding Ruins
- Fabled Passage
- Blackcleave Cliffs
And maybe some more cards like that. You may need to sell your Kidney if you wish to get some of these, but they can definitely help you out. Anyway, if this helps I'd appreciate it if you upvote my deck: Double Trouble EDH! Hope this helps!
Blood Crypt occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.15%
BRG (Jund): 2.3%
UBR (Grixis): 1.68%
RBW (Mardu): 1.55%
All decks: 0.71%
All decks: 0.8%