|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Botanical Sanctum enters the battlefield tapped unless you control two or fewer other lands.
: Add or to your mana pool.
|Have (12)||Zyrook , BroadScholar , scotchtapedsleeve , robbnoble , Skulldrey , lorddarkstar , saj0219 , LordBlackblade , Noobly , metalmagic , jecder , Pumpkinking913|
|Want (5)||Jearbear3211 , rennb1024 , paragon22 , Wulff , BBTRekhyt|
Botanical Sanctum Discussion
8 hours ago
About those of your suggestions. I have been testing Narset, Parter of Veils by cutting Coercive Portal and she has been amazing and is here to stay but I don't know what is right to cut. I have also been testing Treasure Cruise by cutting Tasigur, the Golden Fang because Karakas has been showing its head.
And now to your maybeboard.
- First is that I would switch Liliana of the Veil because in a controlling deck Liliana, the Last Hope is just amazing because she makes combat unbearable for opponents + she is card advantage and win condition.
- I haven't had good time with Chart a Course and I feel like that it is more tempo card and I would replace it with Gitaxian Probe
- Search for Azcanta Flip is just too good not to play. I would cut Ashiok, Dream Render because I tested her in 2 tournaments and I drew her 8 times and never wanted to play her even on to empty field.
- I would change Liliana's Triumph to Collective Brutality because there aren't many creatures that you need to kill with sacrifice (True name, Mirran Crusader are the biggest)
- For some reason I have had hard time finding enough cards in graveyard to support 3 big delve creatures + tarmo + azcanta so I would suggest trying to cut Tasigur, the Golden Fang to Scavenging Ooze
- This may be only personal preference but I don't like Pernicious Deed in sultai for some reason and I would suggest giving change to Courser of Kruphix or Spellseeker
- For your manabase I would suggest adding more colored lands like fast lands Blooming Marsh Botanical Sanctum Darkslick Shores and cutting Volrath's Stronghold , Temple of Mystery and then either one of these Bojuka Bog or Sunken Hollow and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth for Tectonic Edge . Personally I wouldn't even play Field of Ruin but it can fix and is good enough
- I wouldn't add Coiling Oracle any more because Modern Horizons is bringing us Ice-Fang Coatl that is just sadly supreme version of Oracle (crying because it is my pet card)
- Sakura-Tribe Elder , Shriekmaw and Recurring Nightmare are more rock like strategy and don't fit in + Nightmare is shit if you don't have enough creatures
- I would suggest to test Glen Elendra Archmage and Catacomb Sifter depending what your meta is like. Oh and Eldritch Evolution is extremely powerful card but I am not sure of it because you don't have as many creatures.
Otherwise your deck seems solid more controlling sultai that will win games.
I hope that I answered your question well enough. Also remember that these are just suggestions and not absolute do things and some cards may be better in different meta games.
1 month ago
Incubation / Incongruity might be worth considering.
Contagion Clasp - without ramp, Contagion Engine isn't going to see much play. Contagion Clasp is still steep to activate and only half the power, but you're more likely to pull it off. If you're going to keep either, add 1x Buried Ruin to the mana-base.
Probably needs Blossoming Defense - with so few creatures, you really need to hold on to any you get down, but you also can't afford to give up an pumps. BD helps on both fronts, so it's probably a smart add.
2 months ago
2 months ago
I recently made this deck: https:Ezuri, claw of progress elf tribal + combo deck and I would like some feedback on it. The only cards I would like to add are Botanical Sanctum , Yavimaya Coast and Beast Whisperer The deck uses all the best cards that combo with ezuri, with an elf tribal theme used as the fuel. Any cards I've missed? Any exclusions you would like me to explain?
2 months ago
Hey, saw your forum topic asking for help.
Consider expanding on the strategy of little creatures with evasion especially flying and adding extra turn spells? All my card suggestions will be budget ($5 or less each).
Cards to consider adding:
- Yavimaya Coast : ETB (enters the battlefield) untapped to make blue or green mana, great with so many one drop creatures.
- Botanical Sanctum ETB untapped turn one to turn three to make blue or green mana.
- Tetsuko Umezawa, Fugitive : makes all your creatures with 1 power or toughness unblockable.
- Hope of Ghirapur
- Artificer's Assistant
- Cloud of Faeries : untap two lands is great with lots of one drop creatures.
- Scryb Sprites
- Zephyr Sprite
- Faerie Miscreant
- Mausoleum Wanderer
- Looter il-Kor
- Llanowar Elves : mana dorks are nice for ramp and can become unblockable with Tetsuko.
- Elvish Mystic
- Eternal Witness : recur any card from your graveyard.
- Beast Whisperer : more good repeatable draw when casting so many little creatures.
- Skullclamp : most creatures here have 1 toughness making Clamp great backup draw.
- Unified Will
- Regrowth : recur any card from your graveyard.
- Karn's Temporal Sundering : works well when Edric is on the battlefield.
- Walk the Aeons : most expensive price card I'm suggesting, but the buyback is very helpful. It's not exiled after cast, it can be recurred.
- Part the Waterveil
Can add all these cards for about $30.
Cards to consider cutting:
- 4x Island
- 3x Forest
- Archetype of Imagination
- Jhessian Infiltrator
- Skyrider Patrol
- Tishana, Voice of Thunder
- Counsel of the Soratami
- Desert Twister
- Explosive Vegetation
- Venser's Journal
- Curious Obsession
- Curse of Verbosity
- Gaea's Anthem
- Kodama's Reach
40 lands is a lot of lands when playing so many one drops. Most of these possible cuts are draw spells. These spells are fine, but I don't think you need all of them because you have Edric. They can be replaced with more low CMC creatures to make Edric better. I also think extra turn spells give you more than these draw spells as well as other high CMC cards. Having an extra turn to attack thus draw again is very good with the strategy of attacking and drawing with Edric.
Good luck with your deck.
3 months ago
I would cut down on expensive lands if you need to save more money.
Evolving Wilds is a great fetch land that is very budget.
Another recommendation I have is to toss out some cards and don't only have one copy of a card. Have 2-4 copies of a card in a deck, depending on the card's importance to the deck's function.
3 months ago
I think you'd want to focus on proliferate and putting +1/+1 counters on your creatures.
I think that you have a larger number of enchantments then you need. Here are my suggestions to sharpen this area of your deck. Web of Inertia should be replaced with Inexorable Tide . Sheltered Aerie can be replaced with Hardened Scales . This next swab can be a large chunk of money but is a significant upgrade. Asceticism is an upgrade for Shielding Plax . It is up to you but I would cut Beastmaster Ascension and Bred for the Hunt . You can replace them with value creatures that allow you to utilize your commander.
For Sorcery, I am going to again focus on proliferate. Miming Slime creates a creature who can be powerful but not of value, instead I would put in Tezzeret's Gambit . Verdant Confluence is a good card but beings with it a high mana cost. Triumph of the Hordes is cheaper, buffs all your creatures, and threatens your opponents with an infect trample attack. I would replace Confluence with the Triumph of the Hordes card. Cultivate could be more versatile and cheaper then Journey of Discovery .
Now instants. Druid's Deliverance focuses on populate. This ability is for doubling tokens and not counters. Krosan Grip is more value as you get to remove a target artifact or enchantment. Your other cards are good choices but preventing combat damage just slows you down. I would remove Respite and Root Snare . You can use this spot to add 2 more creatures that will buff your experience counters.
Lands look great! Some suggestions would be Yavimaya Coast , Temple of Mystery , Evolving Wilds or Terramorphic Expanse , Botanical Sanctum , and Hinterland Harbor . Sand Silos can slow you down somewhat and Darksteel Citadel only produces colorless mana. It is up to you on how you want to combine these suggestions. My last note is that your land count should be between 37 and 39 to make sure you can constantly play mana and don't get stuck.
Creatures are the bread and butter of your deck. You need them for those experience counters, so let's start putting in some value creatures that benefit you. Wall of Mist is a defender that will never attack, instead lets try to put in Chasm Skulker . Skulker can get very scary and when he is removed, you have an army of tokens. Cultivator of Blades can help to power up your creatures on an attack, triggers an experience counter, and is cheaper in mana then Oran-Rief Hydra . Druid of the Cowl can be upgraded with Gyre Sage . Sakura-Tribe Scout and Wayward Swordtooth allow you to play additional lands but this doesn't benefit your gameplan. Herald of Secret Streams and Champion of Lambholt are good value cards to replace them. Gladehart Cavalry is very expensive mana wise. Vorel of the Hull Clade is a great replacement that doubles your counters. Overgrown Armasaur should be replaced with Managorger Hydra .
3 months ago
Tribal flames is definitely something to consider. It's bad when I get Botanical Sanctum . And there isn't much in modern with 4 toughness. Botanical Sanctum and Lightning Helix help my burn matchup a lot more along with any other aggro matchup.
Geist of Saint Traft is so tiny. He hits hard but is too easy to invalidate by blockers, especially in modern. I am unhappy with Hooting Mandrills but I don't think geist is the solution. He's good in spirits because they can make him bigger, keep him alive with Selfless Spirit , or tempo with fliers so that it doesn't matter if he's blocked because you're dead next turn anyway.
Botanical Sanctum occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.21%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.04%
G/U (Simic): 1.18%