: Add to your mana pool.
: Add or to your mana pool. Sulfurous Springs deals 1 damage to you.
|Want (3)||Cactusman , DIEMETAL , BX223Hunter|
Printings View all
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Rare|
|Deckmasters: Garfield vs. Finkel (DKM)||Rare|
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Rare|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Rare|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Rare|
|Ice Age (ICE)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Sulfurous Springs occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.04%
UBR (Grixis): 0.59%
RBW (Mardu): 0.6%
Sulfurous Springs Discussion
1 day ago
As for black, Greed is very solid.
If you've got the mana, Vilis, Broker of Blood is absolutely dirty. Cards such as Blood Crypt now say "Untap this land and draw two cards" which is horrifically powerful, as well as cards such as Prismatic Vista, Sulfurous Springs, Ancient Tomb, Mana Crypt and literally every single fetch land that makes you search for either a Swamp or a Mountain. Oh also City of Brass.
Drawing for using lands. God I love it.
1 week ago
Hey there! No problem, and you have definitely come to the right place! Here are some types of lands that I personally think should have a spot in every deck, and some multi-colored lands that work anywhere and everywhere! I hope this helps you throughout your journey in the world of magic.
Types of Lands:
- These lands say when [cardname] enters the battlefield you either take two, or have it enter tapped, which I am sure you are familiar with.
- These are lands that say, [cardname] enters the battlefield tapped unless you control a [land type] or [land type]. These aren't always that good in my opinion, but if you need a cheaper option they are MUCH better than guildgates, etc.
- Similar to the signets, these lands can be extremely useful when you have one color, and need the other. They are also a lot cheaper as they just got reprinted in Double Masters
- Some of my personal favorites, these lands can be untapped unless you have 4+ lands, and are very helpful at the start of the game
- These are by far some of the best, as you always know you can get mana from them, without worrying they might be tapped, or untapped, or something like that.
- The better version of pain lands- but they are not printed in every color combination. However when you can, cut your pain lands for these!
- There are also the beloved fetch lands, which can even search for shock lands, proving to be very useful in many situations!
- These are EXTREMELY useful if you have multiple opponents, as they come at no extra cost. However like the Horizon lands, they are not available in every color.
- Sea of Clouds, Morphic Pool, Luxury Suite, Spire Garden, Bountiful Promenade
These dual lands are some of the best, and my favorites, though there are many more people enjoy playing, such as bounce ladnds (Dimir Aqueduct), Battle Lands (Sunken Hollow), Reveal Lands, (Port Town), Cycle Lands (Irrigated Farmland), Storage Lands (Calciform Pools) and many others, but usually you don't have this many spaces in your deck, and so the ones I named first are usually better. However, I'm not done! There are many multicolor lands that fit in any deck, that are extremely powerful! Some of them are listed below.
- City of Brass
- Mana Confluence
- Prismatic Vista
- Fabled Passage
- Ancient Tomb
- Exotic Orchard
- Command Tower
- Forbidden Orchard
- Gemstone Mine
- Gemstone Caverns
- Command Tower
- Maze of Ith
- Strip Mine
- Tarnished Citadel
Etc. There are many more like this but as before, the ones above are definitely the best, and most of them deserve a spot in every deck! Some specific deck themes have their own versions of these lands, like for Artifact decks you might play Glimmervoid and for Creature decks you might play Ancient Ziggurat. Usually, when I deckbuild i go to EDHREC, which has amazing suggestions and synergies for EVERY commander, and even for specific archetypes and colors- lands among them! For these speciifc themes you can find the lands you need there (along with many other cards too) but everything I named above I recommend playing in the meantime! I hope this helps you in your future decks, thanks for reaching out, good luck, and have a great day!
1 month ago
Rri's Greasy Suggestions
My understanding of the deck is that it's essentially a Sneak Attack style deck - put creatures in and muck face. The main goal with these suggestions is to get Kaalia of the Vast out by turn 2 or 3 and put more relevant threats down! Apologies if this isn't the most organized, but hope it helps.
Akroma, Angel of Fury - literally a 6/6 with firebreathing 90% of the time
Emeria Shepherd - even you complain about this one.
Kaalia, Zenith Seeker - Yes flavour, but fricken goofy card
Kambal, Consul of Allocation - What does gaining life do for you? I would only run him if you ran necropotence or equivalent
Mana-Charged Dragon - Nobody is paying into that lmao
Rakdos the Defiler - I get that you have big balls, but he's pretty much single use - I enjoy the meme though.
Iroas, God of Victory - I understand that he lets Kaalia get through, but that wouldn't be a problem if you could just get her out earlier.
Angel of Deliverance - If you're getting delirium with this deck at it's present state I'm super impressed.
Sorin, Grim Nemesis - There is better ways to draw cards and you can't cheat him into play
Karoo Lands: They are decent, but you're missing out on precious early mana when you run them.
Nephalia Academy - This is the most Cam card I have ever seen, run Rogue's Passage if you want colourless utility.
Vivid Meadow: Again slow, run a City of Ass in this slot
Armillary Sphere - If you are hell bent on this effect, run a Thaumatic Compass
Darksteel Ingot - 2 mana artifacts are way better for a turn 3 Kaalia.
Sunforger - Personally this doesn't do it for me, super mana intensive for the effect, especially when you have black for tutoring/card draw.
Instant and Sorceries
Ghostly Prison - You have fatties to smack people in face, if they swing at you, swing at them harder - or block :^)
Aura of Silence - You aren't on the stax path my son and you can find more efficient instant speed removal!
Akroma's Vengeance - Austere Command
Diabolic Tutor - Demonic Tutor
Orim's Thunder & Return to Dust - I would suggest just running a less expensive removal, or more flexible removal eg. Disenchant or Chaos Warp
I would suggest cards that more aggressively use your life total, you're playing an agro strategy and want to be firing on all cylinders!!
Card Draw and Tutoring
Necropotence - Draw a shit ton of cards, and more selection of what you want to put down with Kaalia.
Painful Truths, Sign in Blood, Night's Whisper - Efficient card draw!
Faithless Looting, Tormenting Voice, Thrill of Possibility - Slot in these if you are planning on going a stronger recursion route.
Wishclaw Talisman - Fun tutor!
Enlightened Tutor - Finds you boots, sword, or whatever else you may need.
Demonic Tutor, Vampiric Tutor - Need I say more?
Gamble - Put all your money on red lmao
Mausoleum Secrets & Diabolic Intent – Conditional Tutors which seem decent in this deck.
Vilis, Broker of Blood - This card is insane, especially when you get to cheat him out.
Razaketh, the Foulblooded - Turns Kaalia into a huge toolbox, also really strong in the recursion route.
Archfiend of Despair - Doubles damage!!
Rakdos, Lord of Riots - Reduces the cost of your big creatures, letting you actually play them after you swing.
Sire Of Insanity - Discarding everyone's hand is pretty good for you, as this deck should be pretty good at top decking.
Scourge of the Throne & Hellkite Charger - More combat - wins with Sword of Feast and Famine!!
Resolute Archangel - A lot of the cards I'm suggesting are pretty hard your life total, resetting to 40 with a Necropotence out is pretty gross.
Sneak Attack - Does pretty much the same thing as Kaalia.
Karmic Guide, Reya Dawnbringer, Primevals' Glorious Rebirth, Animate Dead, Living Death, Phyrexian Reclamation - Recursion is super strong, plus you run a shit ton of legendaries for rebirth. As an aside, Leonin Relic-Warder gives infinite ETB with Animate Dead - something to keep in mind.
Legion's Initiative - Pretty flexible protection, also making Kaalia a 3/3 is pretty relevant.
Aggravated Assault - Even more combat, wins you the game with Sword of Feast and Famine.
Kaya's Ghostform - Leave it and forget it protection for Kaalia.
Talisman of Hierarchy, Talisman of Indulgence, Talisman of Conviction, Fellwar Stone - even potentially Mind Stone - 2 mana rocks are super good as they enable the turn 3 Kaalia.
Wayfarer's Bauble - An all star, also Kaalia turn 3.
Lotus Petal - SPEEDY
Nyx Lotus or Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx - A lot of your creatures have super high devotion, take advantage of that.
Caves of Koilos, Battlefield Forge, Sulfurous Springs, Sacred Foundry, Godless Shrine, Blood Crypt, Luxury Suite, Exotic Orchard, City of Brass, Rugged Prairie, Fetid Heath, Silent Clearing, Sunbaked Canyon, Tainted Field - or even more basics: Untapped coloured lands!!
1 month ago
You have a couple lands that might come in tapped, but in my opinion Amulet of Vigor isn't giving you enough value, a blocker sometimes, or a mana sometimes. In playing, I would count the number of activates and utility. Did it untap a permanent (y/n), and did you end up utilizing that untapped (y/n). If yy <= 50% it should go.
What about a Bloodgift Demon for some extra draw, or good ole Phyrexian Arena since you need to refill your hand for Strionic Resonator. Demonlord Belzenlok I also prefer over either of those, since he ETB draws, sometimes 2 cards.
Hellkite Tyrant is really nice, can accumulate mana rocks.
The talisman's are very cheap, and the best 2-mana rocks Talisman of Hierarchy / Talisman of Conviction / Talisman of Indulgence, superior to the Signets (except Arcane Signet) and an upgrade to Commander's Sphere. Fellwar Stone also isn't bad, but Chromatic Lantern has it's upside too.
Hall of the Bandit Lord can give you another haste. It enters tapped, so it's not the greatest.
A tutor package would allow you to reduce the number of ADD, taking out the lower power ones, and tutoring the higher power ones, it creates a more consistent play, but also takes away the fun of that randomness.
Staff of Nin is high cost, go Phyrexian Arena CMC3, Necropotence draw a bunch or Bloodgift Demon CMC1 cheaper and can be free cast with Kaalia of the Vast instead. Bloodgift Demon is the slowest of the bunch.
Tyrant's Familiar doesn't trigger off the turn that Kaalia of the Vast plays him, since he enters tapped an attacking. So unless you hard casting for CMC7, your not getting the benefit from him and only hits creatures, there are a variety of other dragons that hit any target. Bogardan Hellkite. Theres the new M21 dragon Terror of the Peaks, he doesn't ETB himself (boo) although, but under a Ghostway could be a win.
Angelic Skirmisher doesn't trigger properly with Kaalia of the Vast, I could see it being a finisher perhaps the next turn, but if it's really connecting for value (2+ big creatures), is it just unnecessary mass overkill vs. something like a Hellkite Tyrant which delivers immediate value as an example. I'll often Wishclaw Talisman a Hellkite Tyrant with a Kaalia of the Vast trigger on the stack and steal back my Wishclaw Talisman.
Hope you find something helpful or to think about!
2 months ago
Hey, nice budget version of Edgar. I like that you included the combo.
An area to look to improve is the manabase. 15x combined Plains and Mountain basic lands is a lot when your deck is primary black. You want black mana more than any other in the early game which Swamps help with, but Plains and Mountains don't. Consider more dual lands that can make white and red mana as well as black? You want most of the dual lands to be able to make black mana because you need black mana the most.
The manabase is budget, Tower and Check lands are good, but even on a budget there's lands to consider adding:
- Unclaimed Territory
- Exotic Orchard
- Caves of Koilos
- Battlefield Forge
- Tainted Field
- Tainted Peak
- Smoldering Marsh
Some upgrades to consider:
Knight of the Ebon Legion > Bloodsworn Steward
One drop > four drop. Less mana cost cards that are should be considered to be cut because is difficult to make with this manabase for a four drop. Edgar already has haste.
Shadow Alley Denizen > Stromkirk Noble
Noble is not worth it because consistently you will not have red mana turn one, but you will have black. Denizen is same price and can give other Vamps or itself evasion when Vamps ETB or Vamp tokens are created.
Dolmen Gate > Ferocity of the Wilds
Gate is excellent with Drana and other attacking Vamps since your attacking Vamps don't receive combat damage thus they can't die from combat damage, but if blocked they do combat damage to blocking creatures.
Living Death > Bloodline Necromancer
Bloodline can reanimate one Vamp; Living could reanimate a lot more. Living is mass sac of creatures for all players and then mass reanimation of the creatures that were in graveyards before the ones that were saced. It can help to recover and for five mana it can recover a lot.
Good luck with your deck.
3 months ago
I’d tweak the mana base if it’s in your budget, add more duals or lands that tap for any colour.
Karplusan Forest and Llanowar Wastes are great budget options and Sulfurous Springs is a bit on the higher side but still good. Or the filter lands like Twilight Mire. Few other options you might like are City of Brass or lower budget Grand Coliseum / Rupture Spire as these are great for mana fixing.
I have two deck lists, one for the scorpion god and one for hapatra in posted on here, feel free to look on my page and check them out if you want :)
4 months ago
Hey, very good upgrade of the precon. You don't really need to change anything for this deck to be a winner. However this deck is not aggro, it's midrange since it has 24 cards 4 CMC or higher. That's too many if you want to play aggro Vamps. Something to consider for aggro is cutting some high CMC Vamps/cards for more low CMC Vamps/cards and replacing some lands that can ETB tapped with ones that don't.
Some changes to consider:
- Silent Clearing > Bojuka Bog
- Caves of Koilos > Isolated Chapel
- Sulfurous Springs > Dragonskull Summit
- Battlefield Forge > Clifftop Retreat
- Fetid Heath > Crypt of Agadeem
- Graven Cairns > Rakdos Carnarium
- Guul Draz Assassin > Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle
- Mirror Entity > Bloodlord of Vaasgoth
- Metallic Mimic > Dark Impostor
- Adanto Vanguard > Anowon, the Ruin Sage
- Olivia's Bloodsworn > Patron of the Vein
- Cover of Darkness > New Blood
- Necropotence > Vanquisher's Banner
- Tymna the Weaver > Champion of Dusk
- Fire Covenant > Utter End
- Phyrexian Reclamation > Bishop of Rebirth
- Talisman of Hierarchy > Merciless Eviction
- Dark Ritual > Sword of the Animist
Good luck with your deck.
5 months ago
Here's a some more staple cards you should consider:
- Vandalblast is arguably the best artifact board wipe in the game.
- Blasphemous Act is a must-run in any red deck. It's red's best board wipe, hands down.
- Bedevil has a very specific casting cost, but the payoff is its flexibility.
- Rakdos Charm – never leave home without it. Modal graveyard hate, the ability to really mess up a token swarm deck, and at worst targeted artifact removal is too good not to run.
- Darksteel Mutation to make their commander a bug.
- Smoldering Marsh
- Graven Cairns,Rugged Prairie, and Fetid Heath
- Shadowblood Ridge
- Battlefield Forge, Sulfurous Springs, and Caves of Koilos – the 1 life won't matter much, and you have plenty of access to incidental life gain in your colors.
- Tainted Field and Tainted Peak if you run end up being Swamp heavy.
- Arcane Signet
- Rakdos Signet, Boros Signet, and Orzhov Signet
- Talisman of Conviction, Talisman of Indulgence, and Talisman of Hierarchy
- If you can swing it, Smothering Tithe is one of the best white cards printed for commander in a loooooong time. I'd run it in any white deck.
- Goblin Bombardment is one of my favoritest free sacrifice outlets. Sac outlets are way more flexible than you'd think – someone going to blow up your board? Make them eat however much damage. They want to steal a creature? How about no. Someone plays something like Imprisoned in the Moon on Alesha? Sac her first before she's a land forever more.
- You could also consider blink effects like Ephemerate and Eerie Interlude as multi-function board protection and ETB abuse.
I'm sure I'll be back with more recommendations later ;)