|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2019 (C19)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Uncommon|
|Duel Decks: Ajani vs. Nicol Bolas (DDH)||Uncommon|
|Shards of Alara (ALA)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Choose one —
- Naya Charm deals 3 damage to target creature.
- Return target card in a graveyard to its owner's hand.
- Tap all creatures target player controls.
Naya Charm Discussion
1 month ago
I love how streamlined and focused this is becoming. Hugely good. I might even suggest Avacyn, Angel of Hope -- I know she's not a wurm, but that protection is so worth it. Spearbreaker Behemoth is a good budget alternative. I also think there are some cool low cmc cost cards that suit your strategy that can come in, maybe Eladamri's Call , Dromoka's Command and Atarka's Command are very flexible spells, and I feel can replace: Belbe's Portal (bit slow, not egg-related) Naya Charm , and Congregation at Dawn respectively.
1 month ago
Heck, I'll pitch in. I really enjoy this stuff...
Point 1: Argothian Wurm could probably be cut, unless you feel it's worth experimenting with. A 6/6 trample for 4 CMC is a good deal. If you find he doesn't perform, ditch him.
Point 2: Life gain doesn't seem to be the theme of the deck, so I wouldn't look to keep those cards around for incidental life gain. I'd say 90% of the time, Voracious Wurm is going to be a 2/2 do-nothing for you. Mana dork would be better, or another mana rock. Pelakka Wurm is still a fatty, though, and you could probably keep it. Mayael's Aria is a nice alternate win-con, and if you like having alternate win-cons, then it's worth keeping. If it gets blown off the board all the time, then at least you're sucking resources. Cut at your own discretion.
Point 3: Saltskitter . I don't see an issue with keeping it. It's cute, but not useless, and you need something in the 4 drop slots.
Point 4: Naya Charm . Modal spells are always nice, and although one of the modes might not be as useful, you never know when you might have to trip up a token army. Clearing a path for combat is always good, and Regrowth or or Eternal Witness are always good cards; this one is at instant speed. Worth running, I think. What I would consider is replacing Swords to Plowshares with Generous Gift . More flexibility.
Point 5: Lurking Predators could probably be cut and not be missed. Helps with your commander isn't on the field, but is replaceable.
Point 6: Mayael's Aria - see above.
Point 7: The Planeswalkers: I'm mixed on the inclusion of Planeswalkers. What I do is evaluate the + and - abilities. You've done that pretty well with Garruk. He can at least protect himself with beasts, and at worst, he's another copy of Rishkar's Expertise for you, which isn't bad. He's worth keeping. I'm not as sold on Vivien. First turn, she either gets you a land (because you usually want to keep the creatures in the library), or is a Beast Within for 5 CMC. Not a good trade in my mind. Her ultimate is great, but if your group let's you ultimate her, then they're a bunch of idiots.
Point 8: The creature droppers. Like you mentioned earlier, you're going to end up with creatures in your hand, whether you want to or not. These will help you drop them at the end of an opponent's turn, providing pseudo-haste, which is not bad, and gets around counter spells for the most part. The Piper is the best of the bunch as far as cost goes, but fragile because it's a creature. If I was going to cut one, I'd probably cut Quicksilver Amulet in this deck.
Hope that all helps, and I look forward to seeing other opinions, too.
8 months ago
- Cut 2 or 3 lands. You run 10 ramp without counting doublers. Or cut like 2 lands and 2 ramp.
- Courser of Kruphix Not a dino, just play ramp
- Oracle of Mul Daya Not a dino, just play ramp
- Reclamation Sage Not a dino, dino does it better
- Sakura-Tribe Elder Not a dino, replace with ramp, dino ramp
- Sky Terror Too vanilla, replace with ramp or dino ramp
- Scroll Rack You did this in Narset, wasn't tht great
- Eerie Interlude Not enough ETBs to count, if this is to dodge wraths boros charm and heroic intervention are better.
- Cacophodon I'm not seeing where you are going to benefit from untapping a single target
- Path of Mettle Flip
- Sylvan Library it's a great card, but I think you are trying to just ramp and get your value off your commander.
- Mana Geyser To me this is best in mono red or in something with X spells.
- Wayward Swordtooth Not that great in EDH
- Raging Regisaur it's in here for ping i think, you didn't seem to keen on it.
- Privileged Position
- Asceticism this and priv pos are both for protecting, with your 90 haste enablers I'm not sure i'd worry about protecting.
- Neheb, the Eternal If this is here to go infinite/near infinite with Aggravated Assault run the whole busted mana package that goes infinite with it (or at least more than just 1) Sword of Feast and Famine , Druids' Repository , Bear Umbra , Grand Warlord Radha , Savage Ventmaw
- Whispersilk Cloak Only having one of this effect seems odd
- Signets - I like the new lockets better. More mana but later on you can sac them to draw cards. Up to you
- Atzocan Seer idk, feel like i'd rather just kodama's reach. HIs second ability could be relevant.
You're missing a bunch of the best dinosaur cards in my opinion
- Commune with Dinosaurs Early gets a land, late gets a dino. Always replaces itself.
- Thundering Spineback Only a 5/5 but is an anthem and makes more dinos
- Carnage Tyrant Literally the best dinosaur ever printed, has all of the keywords you'd ever want on it but haste
- Burning Sun's Avatar Bolts something, bolts someone, and is costed correctly
- Rampaging Ferocidon So good it's banned in standard, shuts down other creature based decks. Can hurt you but likely you are winning if this is hurting.
- Verdant Sun's Avatar If you wanna flip your deck, why not gain all the life at the same time
- Runic Armasaur It's a dino, it's prison, it's got better stats than it's mana
- Overgrown Armasaur Reclamation sage-esque but on a dino
- Kindred Summons 7 mana, basically same as your creatures, and can double your creature count at EOT....
- Overwhelming Stampede Your average power is like 10 in this deck, +10/+10 and trample on everything ends games.
- Naya Charm First mode is meh, second mode can be good, third mode allows you to take out someone
- Charging Monstrosaur haste and trample and on curve
- Bellowing Aegisaur This thing gets huge fast, but doesn't have trample
- Iroas, God of Victory Not a dino, but is combat relevant, makes it easier for your dinos to get through and win
That gets you no where near where you need to be. To me you have too many enchantments might look there more.
9 months ago
This list looks casual, so Painful Truths and Urban Evolution might find a home here. If you need more draw power, Concentrate and Tidings are there for you. // I would take out Gruul Signet and Simic Signet for Fellwar Stone (4-5 color mana rock) and Commander's Sphere (can replace itself in the late game). // You may take a look at Golgari Charm, Abzan Charm, Bant Charm, Naya Charm and Boros Charm. Charms can be really versatile, while being cheap (mana- and money-wise).
10 months ago
You don't have much in the way of recursion. Maybe cards like Sun Titan, Eternal Witness, Noxious Revival, Greenwarden of Murasa, Recollect, Nature's Spiral, Wildest Dreams, Regrowth, and Nissa, Vital Force? You already have Naya Charm so you'd probably only need one or two more. It's also probably worth running one or two board wipes, sometimes an opponent's board is going to be scarier than yours and you'll want to make it go away. Fumigate and Hour of Revelation are both solid. Besides that CoolMemesBro already suggested all the cards I was going to suggest, however it should be noted that Spectra Ward doesn't protect against board wipes.
10 months ago
Creature — Elemental
:Put a blaze counter on target land without a blaze counter on it.
As long as that land has a blaze counter on it,
it has “At the beginning of your upkeep, this land
deals 1 damage to you.” (The land continues to
burn after Obsidian Fireheart has left the battlefield.)
All 10 already exist...
Create a Gruul card that does something with tokens other than creating them. legendofa
10 months ago
Grand Warlord Radha can help you cast a lot of spells due to the amount of mana you can produce when your going wide. A little more on the pricier side is also Xenagos, God of Revels as he will double your creatures power.
I prefer Heroic Intervention over Make a Stand as it's one cost lower and green should be one of your more important colors although you won't be able to use it with Sunforger package. Krosan Grip should also be an auto-include.
Hope that helps!
1 year ago
Needs more Steel Leaf Champion!
Partially serious up above. I play Naya big zoo, and I enjoy the deck a lot. 12 instants and sorcery is too many, I'd cut out 2 Naya Charm and put in 1 more creature (Steel Leaf Champion) and 1 Kessig Wolf Run.
On the cheaper side of good options, Domri Rade has won me games. Control simply can't handle him since he gives you card advantage against control. Not to mention he can be cute and set up silly cascade triggers.
I think that the biggest issue I see with the list is that you are super highly concentrated at 3 mana or higher. Maybe put in some extra 1's (Wild Nacatl) and 2's (Tarmogoyf). I don't think Courser of Kruphix is right for the deck anyway, since it's more of a long term card where this deck wants to jam and punch face.
Naya Charm occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%