|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Magic 2015 (M15)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Lightning Strike deals 3 damage to target creature or player.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (19)||ironax , maR2307 , Fiolek , dplerner , frederiklw , darthnuchi , Vasbear1 , brokendwarf , AaronKeeling , ZombieSam , Sprx101 , sombrevivo , Supremespeed , firemind12 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , rakdos24 , Yawkcorb , MattN7498 , Zelpoke|
|Want (2)||Ariumlegion , Vasbear1|
Lightning Strike Discussion
17 hours ago
I'm thinking Aether Hub with Attune with Aether could really make it pop if you through in Harnessed Lightning. Or even Lightning Strike. Abrade also is very fitting in here. Chandra's Defeat great for the planeswalkers, or direct 5 damage to a creature. Magma Spray is solid to do some damage to an indestructible creature. Hungry Flames takes lightning strike a step further doing 2 damage to the controller.
1 day ago
2 days ago
there isn't some sort of fast removal like Lightning Strike which is really bad. Also you may tutor your dinosaurs with Commune with Dinosaurs. you may put Kinjalli's Sunwing into sideboard instead of main.
3 days ago
I'm not an expert, but here is some general advice that I would have ignored if i'd gotten it when i first started:
- You can't win the game just because you have a lot of life (caveat: unless your deck is designed to do that, e.g. Test of Endurance). This means cards like Angel of Mercy and Angel's Mercy are just "delay" cards - they'll keep you from dying for a turn, but nothing else. You need to be able to win otherwise. That's not to say lifegain is bad (Ajani's Pridemate would eat me if i tried), but lifegain for the sake of lifegain is insufficient.
- Walls are good only if your deck is designed to be strong in lategame. Otherwise they are bad. It took me a long time to learn that. They can't attack, generally don't have any abilities that can win the game, and generally don't even prevent you being attacked (walls like Souls of the Faultless are an exception). Blocking a creature without killing it means it will just swing at you again next turn, and next turn it might have a friend, and now you can only block one of them. So unless the deck is designed to be strong late-game, you can generally replace walls with anything else and be equivalent or better-off.
- Card synergies are important. For example, you have Wingsteed Rider, but there are only two cards in the entire deck that will actually trigger his Heroic ability: Mighty Leap and Marked by Honor. Now, the base creature isn't bad (2/2 flying for 3 is decent/average), so i'm not saying take him out. Just, keep it in mind.
- Whenever you see a card, try to look for or think of interesting interactions. Since you're new, there are a ton of cards you're unaware of, and it's hard to keep everything in mind. For example, Enchanted Evening + War Priest of Thune (if everything is an enchantment, he can kill anything) or Angel's Mercy + Sanguine Bond (you gain 7 life and they lose 7 life).
- Some cards are the same as other cards, but one is just straight-up worse than the other. I can't really think of any examples using your cards, so i'll use these instead: Open Fire is strictly worse than Lightning Strike (3 CMC vs 2), which is itself strictly worse than Lightning Bolt (2 CMC vs 1). And it's not "old cards are worse than new cards", because Open Fire was just created/released, whereas Lightning Strike has been released several times. Just something to keep in mind. Closest example I can think of using your cards aren't straight comparisons, e.g. Angel of Mercy vs Serra Angel.
- This is a good resource: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Advanced.aspx It has every single card in MTG, and their rulings. It's one of the few sites I know of where the official site is better than most fan sites
6 days ago
Awesome! I noticed some changes, so I'm gonna playtest some more after I get home from college. The only thing I'd change just glancing at the deck is replacing the Abrades with Lightning Strikes. That extra burn could be paramount in finishing off an opponent.
If I like how it plays I'm definitely building this to run over my friends with xD
6 days ago
You are right. No Lightning Strike art. Weird bug. I'm sure TappedOut will fix it at some point...
6 days ago
I believe the Lightning Strike is not working in the decklist or playtest. Great beginner decks though