|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Core Set 2019 (M19)||Uncommon|
|Magic 2015 (M15)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Lightning Strike deals 3 damage to target creature, player or planeswalker.
Lightning Strike Discussion
1 week ago
Could be really cool, if the Chandra deck became a thing. There are a few changes I'd make here though:
- Take out Chandra's Embercat . It's very low impact and I imagine it rarely does anything other than turning on the opponent's removal, chump block and occasionally survive to get out a Chandra, Awakened Inferno on turn 5.
- Take out Light Up the Stage . In a deck with a lot of expensive cards on top of almost nothing to make it cost 1 early on, makes it a liability more than a reliable card draw engine. If you feel like you need more ramp and card advantage, you could consider something like Treasure Map Flip. It ramps, fixes early draws and draws a lot of cards later on. I'd probably go up to 4x Chandra, Fire Artisan though, she's great. Same with Tormenting Voice - without synergy it's basically just a 2-mana draw 1.
- Take out Chandra, Flame's Fury . She's too expensive for what she does. PW deck planeswalkers just aren't quite there for constructed play. Sarkhan the Masterless on the other hand looks amazing here, I'd go up on those instead.
- You're going to want Shock against aggro decks, maybe even Lava Coil . Also Chandra's Triumph seems a bit better than Lightning Strike , since it can often take out Teferi, Hero of Dominaria and other bigger stuff alike.
- I saw someone playing Mobilized District for additional win conditions. Could be a nice way to add creatures, without having to take anything out.
Good luck with the brew :)
1 week ago
I really wouldn’t run Shock . It really just isn’t enough in Modern when there are so many better options. Even if you’re on ultra-budget, you can still play Burst Lightning , which is just strictly better Shock . I would also replace the Searing Spear with Skewer the Critics and Lightning Strike with Light Up the Stage . These are budget options that will help you transition the deck into something like Boros Burn or Naya Burn over time, as your curve will be way lower and more efficient than it is now
2 weeks ago
The NAMELESS clan Vπ
This is the deck I'm using it with it's running four colors I started with trying to make a burn deck but at times I'd be using the Shock and Lightning Strike to get creatures out of the way so I came up with this
I'm using Ixalan's Binding to pretty much handle any Planeswalker or anything big that there might be copies of until I can get a win condition into effect.
4 weeks ago
My guess is "let new players have fun doing stuff." With Dragon's Claw , a new player might not immediately realize that the black spell they're casting is worth more than the 1 life their opponent gets. What they see is, "If I cast this Volcanic Hammer , my opponent will have more life and be harder to beat." So they don't cast the Volcanic Hammer , and get beaten down by that Ogre Taskmaster . Sooner or later, they'll notice that 1 life isn't a big deal at all, if they stay with the game. But who knows how many would-be players felt stuck, with a choice between helping their opponent and doing nothing, so they lost interest and never picked up another deck.
This logic seems obviously wrong to enfranchised players, but anybody who has a full understanding of tactical costs and benefits in this game the first time they shuffle and draw will probably hit the top of the world rankings within a month.
Staff of the Flame Magus is more obviously build-around: use Mountain s and red spells. It doesn't direct affect your opponent's ability or desire to act, at any level. The new player can Lightning Strike every Thundering Giant that looks their way and feel rewarded. And let's face it, these aren't really top 8 all-star cards. They're going to be used in Limited and by people without a lot of cards. Let the new players feel rewarded without jumping through hoops.
1 month ago
OK, let us see…
Land creature ratio:
- Try 22 Lands instead of 20 (trust me on this).
- 25 – 26 creatures are just fine.
- 12 – 13 spells.
- Replace Cinder Glade or Rootbound Crag with Game Trail (Since you are on a budget).
- 1x Kessig Wolf Run .
- Add 1x Forest or another Cinder Glade , Rootbound Crag , Game Trail or Kazandu Refuge .
- Daybreak Ranger Flip good card, but usually better as sideboard, whenever you face tons of flyers or when in need for extra removal. I would replace the whole set with Duskwatch Recruiter Flip, faster, cheaper (in both mana and dollars) and helps a lot to keep your hand and board full of wolves. Another budget replacement, could be Gatstaf Shepherd Flip, same cmc, goes for like 20 cents the copy and has intimidate.
- Geier Reach Bandit Flip another pretty good card, but I would just main 2 copies, more than that is usually not great, and this opens space to great finishers like Kruin Outlaw Flip.
- You have a ton of “Lord Effects”, so Reckless Waif Flip might be a good addition, since she has better body than Village Messenger Flip. Maybe tun a mix of both? Also could replace some Bandits to make the deck more aggro.
- Now about Silverfur Partisan . Most people think that you need a bunch of instants to cast on it yourself to justify its inclusion. WRONG! Even though that is a way to make it work, and even thought there a couple of cool combos with Zada, Hedron Grinder , it is not its main role. While in play, the partisan gives you a wolf for EVERY TARGETED WOLF OR WEREWOLF, which means that for every removal spell they cast on your creatures, you get a free replacement, which is great against some heavy removal decks. Remember that Werewolves have 3 main weak points, fliers, removal and mass removal. A great side board card.
- Magma Jet is not good here. I get the scry thing and all, but damage is more important for wolves. The obvious is Lightning Bolt , but usually with the money of just one copy, you can get 4x Lightning Strike or Incinerate or even something like Arc Trail (not recommended).
- Rabid Bite this is a terrible, ugly, and horrible card. Never ever use it! Try Pounce instead.
Hope this helps! Be kind and have fun.
1 month ago
1 month ago
I think going forward I need to reduce the number of Rals in the main, bring in 2 niv mizzet to the main and up the burn count in Lightning Strike and Shock . Also I think I need to replace Ral's Outburst with a one of Skewer the Critics to increase burn.
1 month ago
So I'm trying to make a deck for my friend for his birthday and he likes Greek Mythology, specifically Poseidon, Hades, and Zues in this order. I'm wanting to stay in the Theros block and have 3 deck ideas but I need some advice and criticism because I don't want to make him a weak deck.
Here are what I've made:
The first one is using Heliod because I made this first and forgot there is a god that looks like zues but in MTG Heliod is the "Leader" or Highest ranking or whatever.
The second one is using Keranos and white humans so its 4 colors instead of 3.
The third one is sticking to the block and theme but also sticking to heroic and scry.
I have always been bad about including a safe amount of land in my decks so that is something i really need help with. I also wasn't sure if this was the best way to show the decks or if i should've just copy and pasted each text.
Sorry for the long post. Wasn't sure how to do this.
Lightning Strike occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.89%
All decks: 0.06%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%