|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Core Set 2019 (M19)||Common|
Combos Browse all
You gain 3 life.
Draw a card.
1 day ago
Dawn of Hope can combo with Fountain of Renewal but Fountain is a meh card. You can use Treasure Map Flip, I personally used to doubt this card but people will literally counter this with a Syncopate which shows how much advantage it gains you. There's also the simple draw spells of Discovery / Dispersal which you already have listed, Revitalize / Ritual of Rejuvenation , and Sword-Point Diplomacy .
1 week ago
Hmm, I am not a fan of Bell-haunt as a way to deal with RDW. RDW Average speed is turn 4, which if you are on the draw, leaves you with 3 mana to try to stay alive. RDW is probably the strongest deck in standard right now, the only deck able to consistently win vs it is Esper Control. Gosh RDW in standard has the power level of Modern decks 2 years ago. If you need to gain life, I would recommend Revitalize instead.
Angrath vs Sarkhan in control matchup? I really don't know about it. At least Sarkhan generates a board presence as soon as he hits the board. I feel Angrath should be your go to against Hydroid Krasis related deck, such has Sultai and Nexus(some list).
I just feel the only way we have to deal with RDW atm is either - Play x4 Fountain and x4 Revitalize, hope to draw at least 50% of them in the top 10. - Play the Wildgrowth package, hope to draw them. - Play tons of counterspell and lifegain (Hi Esper Control). We can always hope they flood in a 18-20 lands deck.
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Okay then since you are keen on this
River's Rebuke deals with any deck including control, preventing a amass (heh) of powerful walkers
Narset, Parter of Veils should definitely be in the sideboard for preventing control from refilling their hand but maybe in the mainboard since you only run 3 creatures
3 weeks ago
Just a few thoughts regarding cards in your deck:
- Gideon, the Oathsworn (and it's sorcery-associated card), Wanderer's Strike , is slow garbage and overcosted. Take them out.
- Despark would be better as a sideboard card, as many aggro decks have most of their deck under 3 CMC.
- Gideon's Triumph has the same issue as Despark. Problem against aggro decks going wide. Would take this out entirely, and not even sideboard it.
A few thoughts you should consider adding:
- Moment of Craving , Cast Down , Vraska's Contempt and Mortify are all premium removal.
- Revitalize is a card people easily underrate in this format. It is fantastic at stabilizing (don't disregard that incremental life gain), and you could easily run 2-3 copies and be okay.
- The Eldest Reborn is good, at least for sideboard
3 weeks ago
A few cards I cannot emphasize enough how well they fit into Esper Control:
- God-Eternal Kefnet is straight value with a decent floor and a ludicrous ceiling in this archetype.
- Revitalize and it's incremental life gain is far more useful the you'd think, and will help you stabilize
- Enter the God-Eternals One of the best cards from WAR for Esper. Straight value. 5 mana for a 4/4 body (since you have no other Amass), creature removal, and gain life? Don't pass it up.
3 weeks ago
Shagoth: I haven't felt that yet in playtesting (though I've done little), but I'll swap for one additional blue-producer, and if I don't run into any trouble, I'll keep it. Thanks!
urzasails: Thanks! I appreciate it. Netdecking is terribly boring. And since I have absolutely no clue about Standard meta with little experience in the format as a whole, here we are.
- Doesn't Cast Down work better as early removal over Moment of Craving , or is that 2 lifegain substantial to survival? My thought was that a hard removal spell is better than something that might sit in my hand in the late game. Though, I do see the benefit when Adanto Vanguard becomes indestructible. I'll go ahead and give it a go.
- I'll play around with Chemister's Insight over Precognitive Perception while also adding a third copy (removing one Revitalize ). Keep in mind I am also running The Mirari Conjecture which is card advantage in a way, cause it returns 2 additional cards. But, I have no idea if that is a relevant card, or if it's too slow. What do you think of Wall of Runes ? That should help smooth my draws while protecting, which is another reason there is so little card draw.
- I'll find a way to bump add an additional Kaya's Wrath .
And again, thanks for the bit of insight into the current metagame!
3 weeks ago
I'll do my very best. I'll try to find something.
Regarding Revitalize : another very interesting decision, but again I prefer renewed faith, as it can be both a big life swing and a cantrip. In addition, it's a card in the 3-mana-section that I can still use at two mana open. Another upside in versatility.
Dawn charm definitely has its uses, but just isn't that great here.
Another question: In your original post, you suggested adding some copies of Duress . If you were to add it to the mainboard, how'd you do it?
Revitalize occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.27%