|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Explorers of Ixalan (EO2)||None|
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Artifact Creature — Construct
As Adaptive Automaton enters the battlefield, choose a creature type.
Adaptive Automaton is the chosen type in addition to its other types.
Other creatures you control of the chosen type get +1/+1.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (21)||rebelteddybear , ironax , Axtel , Riku580 , LegendDeer , Fineontheoutside , Clarque , RobbyFoxfur , Forkbeard , Mortiferus_Rosa , jhTheMan99 , , CAPTAINxCOOKIES , Lindough , switchkill65 , FoamEagle , PTsmitty , Archegos , corys , Kiortio , mziter501|
|Want (42)||SlickWizard , thestinkyone , kodie53 , TallGreg , mini_tb , isthatjames , TrackerD , joshw335 , Darklowi , Funi1234 , Vestrinex , ferretgr , Furiosto , zgriffin1989 , zephyrmoth , Arthon , SaniTheCat , TiredTofu , Turtlelover73 , iisfunnyman , Lythia , GaryGobblecock , pauldiamond64 , legobumb , ZombieFood , absciss , Tribor , ScythingSai , Gahend , vashaclarens , Rettocs , RazortoothMtg , jtaddeo , imapuncha , Dk1997 , Loading_Error , blaze333 , lucky72 , Mudman , pewdiepie , trolley , skimask38|
Adaptive Automaton Discussion
1 day ago
1 day ago
Hello! Edgar Markov is the best Vampire commander. Good choice. But why did you exclude Blade of the Bloodchief? I think it works well in Vampire builds. I also think you need more token generators like Sorin, Lord of Innistrad or Sorin, Grim Nemesis. And something to boost your Vampires. For example: Metallic Mimic, Adaptive Automaton, Door of Destinies, Coat of Arms, Vanquisher's Banner, Obelisk of Urd etc. And don't forget about board wipes. I see Merciless Eviction here but I also recommend to think about Wrath of God, Day of Judgment and/or Damnation. Good luck!
5 days ago
I recommend narrowing in on a strategy that spiders fit into. On one hand, you could go farther in on the Assault Formation plan with cards like Tower Defense, Kin-Tree Invocation, and Sheltering Word. There's also the option of playing more with the graveyard using Nyx Weaver, Spider Spawning, and other self-mill. Either way, I'd consider adding in ways to benefit from going tribal. Metallic Mimic, Obelisk of Urd, Door of Destinies, and Adaptive Automaton come to mind. As for spider lords, Ishkanah, Grafwidow is an obvious choice.
5 days ago
Just my thoughts on your suggestions.
1) Price of Progress is definitely a great card for this style of deck, but I much rather prefer permanent effects that ping opponents. It seems like a fantastic finisher later in the game however seems like a very dead card early.
2) I had Iroas, God of Victory in my list earlier and I think its great for Markov. It just happened to be one of the cuts I made earlier when building/testing this deck. Dolmen Gate is another lower CMC card that I've also tested and have found to be useful.
3) Honestly due to how low of a curve this deck functions on you really don't need much ramp/fast mana. Of the Moxen you suggested, the only one I would consider running is Mox Diamond, since it can really help with color fixing. Chrome Mox, makes you lose too much tempo by pitching a card that would be far more useful in play than as fodder for ramp (I tested this in earlier iterations of this deck). As for Mox Amber, I really am not a fan of the card; it ends up being way too inconsistent as it relies on you having a legendary permanent out to do anything.
4) Wheel of Fortune is definitely not in my list due to cost reasons. Amazing for this list though.
5) I have tested Yawgmoth's Will in this deck in the past. Good card for the list for sure, I just chose to use it in another deck and since this is one of my more casual decks I didn't feel bad removing it from this deck.
6) You hit the nail on the head about Aether Vial. I'm using 1-drops to get eminence triggers out early to swarm opponents. Aether Vial really goes against what I'm trying to accomplish since it bypasses the eminence triggers.
7) Falkenrath Aristocrat is a great aggro card, you curve very nicely into it on turn 3/4, it is evasive, has haste and can protect itself; this card is exactly what I'm looking for in this deck for later turns. Vona, Butcher of Magan is a vampire that functions as repeatable removal (my meta calls for a lot of removal) and as a larger body for later turns; I really don't want to be playing 1-drops on turn 5+ and would rather be playing larger threats which is why it's important to curve into these larger vampires. Vampire Nighthawk is def a pet card of mine, but that's not really the reason I run it. It has so many useful keywords on it that make it an extremely valuable threat. I have had all three (Mirror Entity, Adaptive Automaton and Taurean Mauler) in my list before and I think they are all fine cards to run, I've just replaced them with cards that are lower on the curve as I found I had too many cards in the 3CMC slot.
8) Had Lightning Greaves in the list earlier, the mass haste is far more valuable in this deck as it lets you get more damage out earlier. While the protection you get from greaves is nice, I've found running mass protection/recursion spells to be far more useful in this deck since you're almost always trying to protect your board rather than individual creatures. I had Olivia, Mobilized for War in my list also at one point and even though it's a great haste enabler, more often than not I found myself not wanting to discard cards to its effect or not even having cards to discard for its effect.
9) I think Elenda, the Dusk Rose is better suited to an aristocrats style deck as it is more reliable if you have more sacrifice outlets (which my deck doesn't really run much of). I think it's a fantastic card to provide resilience against board wipes assuming you have the pieces to get that big payoff of tokens. I feel the same way about Bloodtracker; I think it's a fantastic card but like Elenda I think it requires too much setup in my list for the payoff I'm expecting it to provide. I've been running Bloodtracker in my Marchesa, the Black Rose deck and have been loving it, but I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that it has far more synergy with the game plan of that deck than my Edgar Markov deck. As for Bloodcrazed Paladin, I'm not a fan of it after trying it out when Ixalan came out. It's a very reactive card, so you tend to hold onto it and unlike Elenda, its payoff is consolidated into one threat (itself) rather than a board of tokens.
1 week ago
if you want to run tribal wizards, you should definitely add red. but something to keep in mind whenever building tribal, is you have to ask yourself, "why am i staying within this certain creature type if there are other creatures that can do the same thing more effectively?". in other words, you need cards that actually care about a creatures typing. you have Wizard's Retort, but i can tell by the comments it wasn't in the original list. other things that care about wizards (or creatures of a certain type) could include Metallic Mimic, Adaptive Automaton, and Naban, Dean of Iteration. if you add red, theres also Adeliz, the Cinder Wind and Wizard's Lightning.
1 week ago
And Adaptive Automaton. Right now its at a decent price if you get the copy from explorers of ixalan.
1 week ago
I have a mono white deck and my experience has been that it requires a lot of fine tuning to get it where you wants. I'm not sure your budget so I'll just throw down a bunch of ideas and you can pick what works.
I agree that Extraplanar Lens and Snow-Covered Plains can be helpful but in general you need some more white mana rocks. Marble Diamond, Tooth of Ramos, Darksteel Ingot, Pearl Medallion, Thunder Totem and Tithe can all help with this. Pillar of Origins maybe work too.
You need some removal, or at least restrictions. Swords to Plowshares, Path to Exile, Darksteel Mutation, Prison Term, Oblivion Ring are all options. Rout, Fumigate and Mass Calcify are great board wipes as well.
You could use some tribal support, Metallic Mimic, Adaptive Automaton and Thalia's Lieutenant are both creature based options. Herald's Horn, Door of Destinies, Coat of Arms, Heirloom Blade, and Kindred Boon
I hope this info is helpful
2 weeks ago
a typical pirate commander is becket brass, so just take out vraska and replace it with becket brass. also your removal isn't great, so you might want to swap your contract killing with a Murder if you still want budget. Also, replace Vanquisher's Banner with Adaptive Automaton