|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eldritch Moon (EMN)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
As an additional cost to cast Eldritch Evolution, sacrifice a creature.
Search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost X or less, where X is 2 plus the sacrificed creature's converted mana cost. Put that card onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library. Exile Eldritch Evolution.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (24)||mcstang1986 , clayperce , Pyre_Vulpine96 , Clawsun73 , Sparky41 , retropman , SketchyScribbler , golgarigirl , mymanpotsandpans , saj0219 , TheRealPeaches , ZombieFood , DrPopular , CAPT.Shock , prete182 , Borg0th , pokemate0 , prass1 , fireborne1986 , Friedrice24 , Famicomania , mziter501 , thetechzombie , Archegos|
|Want (3)||rockleemyhero , MoJoMiXuP , Turtlelover73|
Eldritch Evolution Discussion
5 days ago
Kaleidescope - Thanks for the suggestions! I really like Profane Command and have added it in. The flexibility is awesome. As for Eldritch Evolution, I like the card, but most of my creatures in my deck I really want to keep on the field. I'll test it out though and see how it does.
1 week ago
Other general notes:- Oblivion Ring effects fit with enchantress theme- Oust is good- Fiend Hunter and similar effects could be good tempo plays- new 3 mana dinosaur which sacs to kill an artifact is good- Fauna Shaman, Eldritch Evolution and Chord of Calling helps the toolbox side- Samurai of the Pale Curtain is better than Stonecloaker most likely- Dauntless Escort seems fine to prevent wraths- having Yisan, the Wanderer Bard and a few pieces for him to tutor is good too - if your curve is quite low he can hit a lot of different stuff quickly
Some ideas more in this list too: Explorey-Os! Selvala Combo/Stax
1 week ago
Couple cards you might consider:
Eldritch Evolution - Good cheap creature tutor. Can also get Obi unlike alot of others.
Profane Command - Can do lots of great stuff early or late game. Kill a creature, resurrect one, give some of your guys evasion, drain someone. Pick two.
1 week ago
slivers are not tier 1. they do not have nearly a high enough metashare. I actually think my own sliver list is better than yours. you have creatures outside of Collected Company range, not enough lands to cast Collected Company reliably without a mana sliver, and you break the cardinal rule of slivers which is to not run a full playset of any sliver whose effect doesn't stack. you're also missing Phantasmal Image to copy stackable effects such as buffs or Diffusion Sliver. the Eldritch Evolution is also a big waste when you only have 1 copy of 1 potential target, the Sliver Legion that shouldn't be in the deck to begin with if you're trying to cast Collected Company.
check out my own sliver list which has served me quite well in modern
SCORE: 2 | 2 COMMENTS | 292 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
1 week ago
Bring to Light almost always goes for 2-3 drops. It almost feels like demonic tutoring for a 3 drop and playing it. With City of Brass and Mana Confluence you can do 4 and 5 drops also. It just depends on the situation. It can get (cmc 2-3):
Wrath: Toxic Deluge
Steal spell: Gilded Drake
Credit Voucher is very nice at fixing your starting hands. throwing 5-8 drops or tools you don't need back into the deck on early turns to find lands and tools you need is really nice.
Sidisi's Faithful I have been so impressed with ever since I put it in the deck. It turn Sheoldred, Whispering One, Meren of Clan Nel Toth, and Havengul Lich into unsummon machine guns and gives chord of calling a very cheap target for emergency removal. Also gives tokens a little extra value to sacrifice to Pod.
Mystic Confluence is just insanely versatile. It is not painful to keep up at all. You get to take everyone's turn to decide what is "ok" to resolve and counter the scary spell and draw two. Or nothing relevant gets played....draw three, Or end of turn bounce three creatures. But one of my favorites is to bounce my own ETB creatures for value like Eternal Witness or Gilded Drake to steal another creature.
2 weeks ago
I don't have a ton of experience with Eldritch Ponza (21 matches so far, with a variety of builds) yet, but with all the usual caveats, here are a few thoughts:
- Evolving for a Magus of the Moon is AMAZING, and probably the best thing about the sub-archetype. Evolving a Kitchen Finks for a Finks-with-Persist, a Huntmaster, a Wolf Token, and 4 life is a couple of blockers is a close second. Colossus and Stormbreath for Protection from-whatever were superb too.
- I really hate playing Eldritch Ponza vs. counterspell-heavy Control though. Sac'ing a Creature and opp countering Eldritch Evolution is by far the worst thing about the sub-archetype. It's also rough vs. removal-heavy Control. Top-decking an Evolution with an empty board is a close second-worst.
- I've tried builds with 2x and 3x Evolutions, and I'm not sure which I like better. I think 3x in the 75 is correct, but it rots to have one in hand and no small Creatures available ...
- I didn't get enough games in to be sure, but I think I like Eldritch Ponza with an extra Birds of Paradise or maybe a Sylvan Caryatid. The extra ramp is great early, and it's an easy sac' late.
- Eidolon of the Great Revel is intriguing. If UR Storm pilots run counterspell-light at the Pro tour, it could be amazing. But at their current levels I think I'd rather have another Trin' ... getting a Trin' bounced to hand with a Remand or yard with a Swan Song feels better than sac'ing a Dork and having Evolution countered. :-\
- Looking at your maybeboard: I tried Carnage Tyrant in a different build and every time it was in my hand I wished it was a Thrun instead. I found Furystoke Giant to be lame except vs. Lantern Control, where it's absolutely amazing. Though Acidic Slime (to kill Ensnaring Bridge) might be better. In a world with Path to Exile, I'm not a fan of Wurmcoil Engine ... at least with Titan we get to Bolt something before getting Pathed. In a world with way too much Path though, Chandra, Flamecaller is excellent ... I will periodically use here vs. Titan when it seems like White decks are everywhere. Finally: Reclamation Sage, maybe?
As always, draw well!
2 weeks ago
@kurowa-san: I really don't know about that. Those cards are all nice, but this deck is already so full of cards, all of which are good in their own right and competing for space (plus others which haven't made the deck but that I'd like to include) -- but that said, now that I have Utopia Sprawl, and if I were to add Cryptolith Rite, it would be easier to splash white. (maybe with the Rite I could get away with not running Voyaging Satyr?)
My biggest problem with Cryptolith Rite is that a good chunk of my most mana-intense cards have Convoke, which makes the Rite redundant. But if I can get my hands on some I might try it out, it would also go well with Quest for Renewal, which I used to have on this deck.
While I do feel rather cute most of the time, I don't think Eldritch Evolution is for me. I don't have enough strong creatures to make it worth it, and I would burn this deck before bringing Mycoloth back XD Too many painful memories of seeing my entire board go to a single Doom Blade (plus, Eldritch Evolution is a sorcery anyway, so not quite a 'surprise' mycoloth)
One problem I've been having trouble with and can't seem to decide by myself - Parallel Lives. If things are going well, it can make them amazing. If things aren't going well, it's really just dead weight. If both copies are in play, it can go near infinite with Sprout Swarm (for every five creatures tapped, I get four, and can repeat this as many times as I like), it makes Second Harvest insanely powerful, etc... but lately I find the "dead weight" scenario being more likely, and Second Harvest being more useful - it's easier to spend four mana to double your current board, than to spend four mana and wait a turn before you can start getting double things.
But god, I own a full set of Parallel Lives, and these things are not cheap, and I don't want for them to just sit in my box unused XD Still, with the huge amount of cards I want to include in this deck, those two slots would be really appreciated if freed up. Any thoughts?
2 weeks ago
I think adding white would work well for you. You'd be able to use Mentor of the Meek which gives you some needed draw power, Intangible Virtue is essentially a cheaper lord and Supply/Demand which is a fun card with some mana behind it. Speaking of mana, have you looked at Cryptolith Rite? It'd get you more mana than Fertile Ground in most cases.
Also, a fun tech I've been playing around with is Eldritch Evolution. It can turn your Arbor Elf into a Champion of Lambholt, and your Champion/Mentor of the Meek into a surprise Mycoloth. It takes up some space, so you should only do it if you're feeling cute.