|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Fate Reforged||Basic land|
|Khans of Tarkir||Common|
Combos Browse all
Scoured Barrens enters the battlefield tapped.
When Scoured Barrens enters the battlefield, you gain 1 life.
symbolT: Add or to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Scoured Barrens Discussion
3 days ago
Just some thoughts in case they help build off of what Immortalized said or provide any other useful things to look at:
There are a lot of other draw cards too that you might consider:
- Ambition's Cost / Ancient Craving / Read the Bones / Sign in Blood are decent cheap black draw spells that cost a little bit of life
- Phyrexian Arena
- Fact or Fiction
- Telling Time / Brainstorm / Ponder / Preordain / Foresee If you want some Scry/Shuffle/Deck Manipulation with your draw
And countless more. In a deck like this though there's a lot of value to be had in something like Phyrexian Arena since 1 life per upkeep is no biggie with Oloro around
Here's some other good removal to think about:
- Merciless Eviction and Austere Command can give you a lot of options
- Cyclonic Rift / Wash Out / Aether Gale can set an opponent back a lot. Cyclonic Rift for it's overload is the best!
- Curse of the Swine is always fun
- Supreme Verdict if you get overwhelmed or desperate. It's strictly better in my opinion that Wrath of God or Day of Judgment
- Toxic Deluge is another great creature removal if you have life to spare
Slow Down Taxes
Here are some cards that can really halt your opponent's aggression:
- Ghostly Prison / Propaganda / Sphere of Safety to make them pay to attack
- Rhystic Study to make them pay additional for each spell they cast (or let you draw)
- Imposing Sovereign
- Fog Bank / Guard Gomazoa / Wall of Frost Fun cheap defenders that can stick around or eat removal
Some other creatures worth mentioning that tax an opponent's life:
- Fate Unraveler Damage on draw. Can be great for forcing end of game on an opponent's draw step if you get your combos set and can't push it over the edge (unlikley). At any rate he can be pesky.
- Blood Artist / Blood Seeker / Cliffhaven Vampire / Deathgreeter / Falkenrath Noble / Suture Priest / Zulaport Cutthroat All sorts of interactions and costs associated with creatures.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation Life cost to play spells. Another great way to trip some combos and source life for draws.
Here's some other cards that are worth noting:
- Pristine Talisman combos well if you have Oloro out (Tap to gain life, spend the mana to draw the card and cost each opponent 1 life)
- Baleful Strix can be great utility in this kind of deck
- Reliquary Tower Is always great in draw decks
One card I'd definitely recommend ditching is Azor's Elocutors.
Other cards I see that I'd consider removing if it was me:
- Palisade Giant CMC too high for too little bonus in my opinion.
- Azorius Chancery / Dimir Aqueduct / Orzhov Basilica . I've seen these mess up players' tempo and strategy so many times. They're also great value for any opponents running land destruction. Some other options to consider could include: Drowned Catacomb / Glacial Fortress / Isolated Chapel if you want faster mana. OR Temple of Silence / Temple of Enlightenment / Temple of Deceit if you want the bonus scry. OR maybe even something as simple as Scoured Barrens / Tranquil Cove / Dismal Backwater in the hopes the 1 life lets you get a bonus draw.
I used to play an Oloro deck as well (albeit it with a very different affinity ) using a ton more artifacts and some fun combinations around Darksteel Forge and Nevinyrral's Disk . He's a great commander and a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy the deck and can find something useful in any of my suggestions.
Good luck and happy hunting!
1 week ago
mack10k the maybe board and sideboard i don't have yet, sideboard I'm mostly sure of maybeboard not so much, still buying and stuff, everything in the main i already own, Master Trinketeer wouldn't be my top pick, and i might replace Skywhaler's Shot with Stasis Snare and do you have any replacements for Scoured Barrens?
Also i was looking at my maybe board cards with fabricate, and am trying to get a cheap fabricate card and i think Weaponcraft Enthusiast would be my best bet
1 week ago
Sram's Expertise is fantastic and needs to be in all servo decks, in the main that is. Metallic Mimic + Animation Module lets you dump all your mana for servos every time you can play one. I don't think Scoured Barrens is standard legal. Skywhaler's Shot isn't really good enough for a main deck slot. For standard, replace it with Fatal Push, Immolating Glare, or Stasis Snare. Master Trinketeer deserves a slot as well.
Here is a good aggro list to look up and tool out.
1 week ago
1 week ago
So I note you haven't considered lands as yet. For casual play the common/uncommon tap lands are ok, however the rare lands can get expensive. For your deck and theme I would suggest Scoured Barrens and Blighted Steppe.
Soul Warden is a card you will want, probably over Deathgreeter alternatively Perimeter Captain might be an option. Falkenrath Noble is probably too slow, consider cards like Lone Rider Flip, Gifted Aetherborn, Blood Artist, Ajani's Pridemate or Voracious Hatchling. For a finisher a card like Blood Baron of Vizkopa or Divinity of Pride would fit.
2 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
For the lands you don't want to get, just use budget lands like the Khans lifegain lands or other lands.
Lands: Rocky Tar Pit, Blossoming Sands, Rupture Spire, Flood Plain, Scoured Barrens, Tranquil Cove, Transguild Promenade, Jungle Hollow, Bad River, Exotic Orchard, Krosan Verge, Dismal Backwater, Grasslands, Mountain Valley
Another set of options is including the Panoramas, Evolving Wilds/Terramorphic Expanse, Tarnished Citadel, Grand Coliseum, Holdout Settlement, Mirrodin's Core, Opal Palace, Shimmering Grotto, Unknown Shores, and the Vivid Lands