|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eldritch Moon (EMN)||Uncommon|
|Khans of Tarkir (KTK)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Destroy target blocking creature. Creatures that were blocked by that creature this combat gain trample until end of turn.
Ride Down Discussion
1 month ago
- Nyxborn Shieldmate for Boros Reckoner both better creatures and reckoner works amazing with lightmines if u decide to add it
- Palace Guard for Archetype of Aggression
- Darksteel Plate for Whispersilk Cloak since your guys are invincible anyways. this also deters them from being targeted.. boardwipes will still work though.
- Stoneforge Masterwork for Tenza, Godo's Maul if up u this on ur commander hes a 10/7 menance with trample, seems like a better piece
- Armory of Iroas - Sunforger costs a few more mana but u have alot of tricks u can pull out of it for free late game
- Staff of Nin for Mind's Eye
- Avacyn's Collar for Spear of Heliod upgrades all ur doods and makes people scared to attack you
- Manalith for Commander's Sphere an upgrade
- Act of Treason for Faithless Looting card draw with flashback seems always good
- Mass Mutiny - Mob Rule seems like an upgrade
- Miraculous Recovery - Settle the Wreckage amazing board wipe, can really put you ahead. if not interested in a board wipe id suggest maybe a single target removal like Chaos Warp . i feel like you need ways to deal with high pressure threats
- Pay No Heed - Deflecting Palm
- Righteousness for Fight to the Death i know these two cards arent related, but how hilarious would it be to cast this when someone else is combating another player, basically can wipe two players boards if timed proper. if u would prefer to keep a combat trick here i would suggest maybe Gods Willing or something that does not require the creature to be blocking
- Smite - Ride Down
- Warleader's Helix - Savage Beating or Ajani Vengeant i feel helix doesnt provide enough value, for removal it is very weak , if u want good removal to replace this instead of a threats i listed, i would consider Oblivion Ring type cards
- Martial Glory - Boros Charm charm is must include, so much value! protect from boardwipes including land destruction! removal or maybe boost ur commander after blocks with a double strike if some1 is already been hit once and hello 21 commander dmg
quadmiller7 on Mardu
2 months ago
then lands at half price
cuts -1 Cultivator's Caravan , -1 Renegade Freighter , -1 Mardu Ascendency, -1 Ride Down , -1 Bloodsoaked Champion , -1 Butcher of the Horde , -2 Alesha, Who Smiles at Death , -2 Scoured Barrens , -2 Plains , -4 Swamp , -1 Mountain
8 months ago
So this i an odd question but here goes. I was wondering if i can assign a blocker to nothing. this is what caused the question. I an EDH game i had one possible out and that was blocking with Bearer of the Heavens and then killing it with Ride Down. However, i was only attacked with flyers, so i was wondering if i could assign bearer as a blocker, and have him block nothing. I cant find in the rules where it says that a blocker must have a target to be declared a blocker. It only says that it has to be able to block the designated target. Well if i say i'm designated him as a blocker however he's not going to block anything, would i still be able to target him with Ride Down.
8 months ago
Well, first off, let me make the disclaimer that I am an amateur deck builder and have a lot to learn myself when it comes to building decks. But I can spot quite a few issues with the deck, both from looking it over and playtesting it, and honestly, I don't know if the deck can be made to unsuck without completely revamping it or building a new deck. But I'll give it a shot and offer some advice.
First off, I don't know why Armageddon is in there; it doesn't seem to offer any advantage to the deck, and the deck doesn't have any way to build back its own land base more quickly than an average opponent could manage to do. Second, Iroas, God of Victory is fine, if you want to have that in the deck, but there are cards that work against it. The enchantment is nice, but you're not utilizing it to its fullest potential if it's not a creature, which requires devotion, which other cards in this deck work against. Vedalken Orrery, for example, I don't see why the deck needs that; it already has many cards with Flash, and none of the others I can see a need for being able to cast at instant speed. It also doesn't contribute to devotion or field presence. Dust Elemental as well, works against devotion by returning three of your creatures back to your hand, removing both devotion and field presence. And this deck struggles already with acquiring and maintaining field presence. I'd remove both of those cards and look for other white or red cards that pack a little more punch offensively, or noncreature spells that grant trample + power boost, or double strike.
The land base is too large. You have no cards in this deck that cost over 4, and even in a normal deck 26 lands is too much, and there's absolutely no way in this deck to thin those lands out of the deck. You need some major deck thinning (land fetch), or just cut the amount of lands down. I'd say anywhere from 20-22 lands would be fine, and replace a few of the basics with maybe 2 - 4 Evolving Wilds, an inexpensive way to thin the deck a bit. Also, look at your one drop creatures: Anointer of Champions and Boros Recruit. Those are both white creatures, and your only cheap drop creatures, but Sulfur Elemental will immediately destroy both if it ever hits the field, unless you plan on using Anointer of Champions to bolster Boros Recruit until end of turn, and plan on losing the Elemental. But you still also lose the Champion in that.
I would say pull some lands out, bring it down to 20-22, add some spells and creatures in to replace those extra lands, and some of the cards that just don't synergize well in the deck, some cheap white or red creatures with haste, maybe a few more powerful creatures at CMC 4, if need be. You could even replace Balduvian Rage with some cards that might be better suited to an early game offensive, with effects like haste and trample. Some good ones I found on a cursory search are Crash Through if you really need Balduvian's draw, or Brute Strength, Built to Smash, Invigorated Rampage, Ride Down, Run Amok, Rush of Adrenaline and Temur Battle Rage are all fairly inexpensive (both in terms of CMC and market price on the cards) spells that will give your creatures a boost, destroy blocking creatures (with regard to Ride Down), and give trample.
Not trying to be mean, just trying my best, despite my admitted inexperience, to offer constructive criticism.
11 months ago
Crushing Stead 2RW Creature - Horse (R)
Human you control have trample
Whenever a human you control get blocked by one or more creatures destroy those creatures.
So is Ride Down on a stick rare worthy?
Create another creature with a rare creature type which help a common tribe.
1 year ago
I'd recommend some Boros Charms if you can afford them. They're very potent and flexible. If you want some finishers you could look into something like Trumpet Blast or Cleaver Riot but I don't know that you'd need something like that in a deck like yours.
Looks like a fun deck! +1
1 year ago
If I was going to build boros aggro on a budget I would play like
20-23 creatures: curving out at like 3-4 mana with stuff like,
and then some basics
The rest of the deck being:
This will give you a functioning deck that you could take to FNM and later be upgraded, your list is great for casual play but unfortunately lacks raw card value to really play in modern
1 year ago
cdkime yea i love Deflecting Palm as well as Ride Down i ran them in a standard deck. I just don't think that they can be effectively abused with scepter, but thru would be nice as a bit of side board tech
No data for this card yet.