Creature — Incarnation
As long as Brawn is in your graveyard and you control a Forest, creatures you control have trample.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Brawn occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
1 month ago
take cards like Questing Beast & Bow of Nylea
with cards like Brawn & Primal Rage
while Fynn, the Fangbearer is on the board how difficult would it be to prevent the poison
no matter what is attacking you
2 months ago
You could get a bunch of the cards (Amonket?) that use -1 counters like Exemplar of Strength
You could remove AGE counters from things with Cumulative Upkeep. There HAS to be something broken there for you.
3 months ago
Potential Non-Boros Commanders: Show
If you did want to use a different commander for more colors, here are the ones I would recommend:
I love the idea of being able to include any Giant that you want. Budget five-color mana bases are easy.
Morophon, the Boundless - probably the best pick? It gives a substantial discount and is technically a Giant itself. The anthem tacked on is just gravy. I have one for trade!
Golos, Tireless Pilgrim - a bit of ramp, plus his ability is just fucking nuts. Absolutely outrageous. Spewing out giants! An outstanding commander through-and-through.
Kenrith, the Returned King - Grants haste, can bring back dead giants, can grow your army, draws cards. He does everything except be a giant himself. Another outstanding general.
Jodah, Archmage Eternal - Most Jodah decks focus on extremely expensive creatures and spells, so his ability might not be too hot for Giant Tribal. He would work though. Outclassed for sure.
Jegantha, the Wellspring - A bit of ramp in the command zone. Outclassed by the rest, but it IS a giant elk...
Naya colors get you Green, which will add some very good giants and significantly improve your options for ramp, utility, and card-draw. By like, a ton.
Samut, Voice of Dissent - grants Haste, which is dope. The untapping ability can surprise opponents maybe. Not a giant though.
Gahiji, Honored One - Looks like a giant beast, for what it's worth. Boosts your attacks and may even take some heat off of you. A mediocre choice, but not awful.
Marisi, Breaker of the Coil - some good general value. Would make attacking easier due to taking away blockers. Nothing outstanding though.
Atla Palani, Nest Tender - Hatch giants out of eggs!
Other color combinations:
Saskia the Unyielding - Not sure why you'd want to run four colors when you could do all five, but her ability is no joke. Personally I prefer the Blue giants to the Black ones, but Black has some of the best utility and card-draw in the game.
Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder + Ikra Shidiqi, the Usurper - want to run most of the giants and have M A X I M U M life-gain? This pair would make for a profoundly distinct Giant Tribal. A truly unique take. Might be lots of fun! You could even try to squeeze in Felidar Sovereign and Test of Endurance for a laugh; certainly not necessary though.
Ruhan of the Fomori - No Green, but he's a giant himself and Blue utility is as good as any. A decent choice, but if you're stepping out of Boros you may as well run Green cards.
The stand-outs to me are Golos, Tireless Pilgrim - Morophon, the Boundless - Kenrith, the Returned King - Mayael the Anima - Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder + Ikra Shidiqi, the Usurper. These are all extremely strong choices.
Here's some of the fantastic Utility cards that you would gain by stepping into other colors (I'll try to list budget cards):
Rhythm of the Wild - Garruk's Uprising! - Elemental Bond - Colossal Majesty - Beast Within - Temur Ascendancy - Nylea, Keen-Eyed - Nylea, God of the Hunt - Primal Rage - Brawn - Heroic Intervention - Golgari Charm - Wrap in Vigor - Return of the Wildspeaker - Soul's Majesty - Rishkar's Expertise - Sylvan Reclamation - Decimate - Genesis Ultimatum - Eerie Ultimatum - Ruinous Ultimatum - Despark - Descendants' Path - Clever Impersonator - Cyclonic Rift - Call to the Kindred - Swan Song - Greed - Casualties of War
Then there is Green's superior mana ramp. Cultivate - Kodama's Reach - Migration Path - Vastwood Surge - Ranger's Path - Nature's Lore - Rampant Growth - Deathsprout -Traverse the Outlands - Boundless Realms... the list goes on.
As you can see, there's a lot there that Red and White just can't even touch. Green is basically the best color in EDH, especially for big-creature decks. Very much worth considering, even if you're trying to keep the deck casual.
3 months ago
Thanks for the advice on my Mimeoplasm commander deck! That list was quite outdated, and I did happen to add Brawn by chance awhile ago, but Filth seems really cheeky and I absolutely am going to order one as soon as I can. I updated the list today if you wanted to check it out, thanks again!
3 months ago
4 months ago
Garruk's Uprising is a good draw source when you populate 5/5 dragon tokens.
Brawn is a good creature to sacrifice early. It is more annoying for your opponents to deal with. The effect works from the graveyard, and draws out graveyard removal.
8 months ago
Before I dive into the responses, I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to comment.
- Emerald Medallion/Rhonas's Monument - bring in mono green, I have no way to search for these to get them out early and after turn 4 they really become a dead draw. The deck generates an insane amount of mana when I get going for better utility that I can use at any point in the game.
- Nyx Lotus - I hate that it enters tapped. I've been on the fence about it, and if I ever pull one or trade for one, I'll test it. It also runs counterintuitive to Collector Ouphe which I try to keep out as often as possible to hinder my playgroup.
- Bow of Nylea - deathtouch is rarely needed, Ohran Frostfang is ran mostly because of the passive draw ability it has. I am running this in my budget deck though since it doesn't generate mana like this version does. I do plan on testing it in this version eventually for the other abilities though.
- Brawn/Nylea, God of the Hunt/Nylea's Forerunner/Primal Rage/Roughshod Mentor - between kamahl and hoofy, these are unneeded.
- Citanul Hierophants/Cryptolith Rite - I ran hierophants for a long time when I first made the deck and eventually dropped it. Outside of my mana dorks, I dont tap the creatures for mana, so it just became unnecessary.
- Embodiment of Insight - I dont turn my lands into creatures unless absolutely necessary. So this doesn't really help my playstyle.
- Sword of the Animist - it's a great card, I just don't use equipment in this deck. No real reason for it, I dont even run Swiftfoot Boots or Lightning Greaves.
- Vivien's Arkbow/Elvish Piper - both on the list to playtest.
- Overwhelming Stampede/Overrun - ran stampede for years in the deck and eventually dropped it for more utility. My commander does overrun at instant speed so I wont waste a slot on the actual overrun card.
- Beastmaster Ascension - haven't really considered it to be honest. I dont need it offensively, but could be useful to help keep my mana dorks alive from mass damage spells. I'll have to play around with it.
- Rogue's Passage - unneeded. When I swing, I get through.
- Reliquary Tower - already in the deck.
- Pir's Whim - I just recently discovered this card for another deck and plan on playtesting it in this deck.
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary - on the maybe list, I'll eventually playtest it.
- Harmonize - I have better draw spells for only 1 additional mana.
Again, thank you for all the suggestions, I greatly appreciate it.
8 months ago
I love this deck though i have to wonder why some cards are not in here if you could find room fair enough or if you though that this doesn't need them again fine. Emerald Medallion and/or Rhonas's Monument for cheaper spells and creatures now I know green can ridiculous amounts of mana so these are not the most important but the monument does give a creature a mini Overrun each time you cast a creature spell. Nyx Lotus which just a second slower Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx for more ramp, Bow of Nylea Which gives the passive ability of Ohran Frostfang as it never hurts to have redundancy a few time to have something to fall back on but also give you these really nice modal options the best for this deck are the add a +1/+1 counter on a creature each turn which helps trample, And the Put up to four target cards from your graveyard on the bottom of your library in any order for reusable cards as I didn't see anything that lets you use the graveyard as a resource and like it been apart of every green deck I seen because of it utility. Things that give creatures trample other than your commander things like Brawn, Nylea, God of the Hunt, Nylea's Forerunner, Primal Rage or Roughshod Mentor things like that. Citanul Hierophants or Cryptolith Rite for more mana. Embodiment of Insight as it such has a high synergy level with your commander. Sword of the Animist for repeatable forest searching which also helps thin your deck so your draw abilites become more useful. Vivien's Arkbow or Elvish Piper for free creatures. Overwhelming Stampede as it has a great synergy with your commander. you mention over Overrun and that would be a great addition to this deck as would Beastmaster Ascension which I always seen as an auto include. May take out a forest for Rogue's Passage as unblockable creatures in decks like this are no joke. I would do the same for a Reliquary Tower for unlimited hand size, mostly for those people that are running forced draw card decks like Nekusar, the Mindrazer or similar decks. I would also run Pir's Whim for a few reason, 1. it give you the ability to search for a non-basic land, 2. it can target more than just one artifact or enchantment (though you don't get to choose) and 3. it a little politics to your deck you can make deals with other players so they can be friends instead of foes until you are ready to deal with them. And finally both Lifecrafter's Bestiary and Harmonize for more draw power