Lotus Field enters the battlefield tapped.
When Lotus Field enters the battlefield, sacrifice two lands.
: Add three mana of any one color.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Lotus Field occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Lotus Field Discussion
1 month ago
2 months ago
Some hubs can be removed. Many archetypes we don't use the terms anymore as they were standard decks.
Cruel Control, Energy, Loam, Solar Flare, Team America and Vehicles. Mutate will eventually go on this list too.
However there are a number of archetypes made ever since Eldraine in many formats, and many of old archetypes.
- Canadian Threshold: A legacy temur tempo deck that uses Dreadhorde Arcanist, oko and sometimes uro. Does not actually have any threshold cards.
- Fires of Invention: The card from Throne of Eldraine has its own deck in pioneer.
- Goblin Charbelcher: The card Goblin Charbelcher has had its own deck in many formats for years.
- Gruul Utopia: A gruul, land destruction, enchanting lands for ramp, aggro deck in modern.
- Hogaak: Even though the card is banned in modern its still a powerhouse in other formats. Not dredge really has it has no dredge cards.
- Jeskai Xerox: A vintage jeskai tempo deck that uses the new Lavinia that shuts down all the vintage power nine mana pieces with Dreadhorde Arcanist as value generation.
- Lotus Field: The card from M20 has its own deck in pioneer.
- MUD: A colourless artifact and land lock deck in vintage. It's been around for a while.
- Niv-Mizzet Reborn: The card from War of the Spark has its own deck in pioneer.
- Oath of Druids: A vintage 4 colour (mostly simic) combo deck.
- Omnath Ramp: Omnath, Locus of the Roil has its own deck in historic and pioneer.
- Paradoxical Storm: A vintage combo deck? Not too sure how this works but it uses Paradoxical Outcome and one copy of Monastery Mentor to win.
- Underworld Breach: The card from Theros beyond death has its own deck in ... a lot of places.
- Urza: The card from modern horizons has its own deck in modern and legacy.
I'm also wary about the number of tribal stuff we have ... eventually the list will be mostly just creature types.
If yeago didn't tell you about the DragonShield hubs as far as I'm aware there are a special event promotion that goes on with DragonShield that uses our site for deck cataloguing.
2 months ago
I would seriously consider replacing a couple lands with Drownyard Temple and Flagstones of Trokair. If you want to get really juicy, find something else to cut for Lotus Field, Crop Rotation, and Deserted Temple (maybe Thespian's Stage.) The latter portion not so much, but with Zirda's ability and being able to search Elvish Reclaimer, I think it just makes too much sense.
Also, it's epic :_ )
2 months ago
- For sure adding Daring Apprentice to try, though may be too slow without haste.
- Want to try Glen Elendra Archmage (though she was way cheaper when I last looked).
- Plaguecrafter will be added, even if just to replace Fleshbag Marauder / Merciless Executioner.
- Vanishing looks like a fantastic protection for Muldrotha, since I only need her on board on my turn.
- Mindbender Spores just looks like a hilariously fun and lesser known old card, that just looks like a great deterrent to attacking.
- Kaya's Ghostform is strictly better than Thrull Retainer, the buff doesn't matter much.
- Remove Sol Ring for Arcane Signet, there are so many 2 colour pips I need the coloured mana.
- For this reason, I also want to put in Lotus Field. Sacking 2 lands may hurt early game, but can be amazing late game.
- Debating Journey to Eternity Flip, the curve for the deck is low but getting an extra creature out of the graveyard at instant speed is pretty great even if costs 5 CMC to activate.
- Glacial Chasm, it just, makes me happy and could be clutch in a pinch. The cumulative upkeep is no big deal since you can let it die, so having it in your graveyard could be an awesome safety net with the limited land destruction in the format. I think sacking a land and using your land drop for it would be terrible early to mid game, unless Azusa, Lost but Seeking is out.
3 months ago
Howdy! So JW398 I find that the reason I won't win on T3 is because I am missing an important combo card, be it Lotus Field, Psychic Puppetry, or some cards for digging, but not because I choose to wait. Usually the only difference between comboing T4 instead of T3 is one extra draw to hit a combo piece I don't have. So, if I have what I need, I generally won't wait until T4 to go off. All you need is a single Twiddle or Dream's Grip to get the Lotus in motion on T3, which is also the reason I run 4 of each.
I think the biggest reason you would go off T4 instead of T3 is so you can start off with an untapped Lotus Field, but like I said, that usually doesn't make a problem. When I fizzle on T3 it is almost always just because I ran out of cantrips, not because I ran out of mana.
Hope all that made sense haha.
Yeah Stormcaller is definitely cool because it can hit those big draws that you really need. I've been testing with 1 Ad Nauseam though, and it actually is pretty sweet. It provides a similar effect to stormcaller. You will probably draw more depending on how much life you can lose.
3 months ago
This is so cool! Have you considered Rapacious One instead of Essence Feed? Maybe Ashnod's Altar? I feel like the altar would be able to net you twice the mana from your eldrazi spawn and can also provide on-demand death to your creatures, and a hit from Rapacious One can easily advance your board state towards something powerful and repeatable.
Your land base looks good, however Korvold especially benefits from lands that can sacrifice themselves. Fetch lands like Wooded Foothills, Verdant Catacombs, Bloodstained Mire, Windswept Heath, Misty Rainforest,Prismatic Vista, Scalding Tarn and Polluted Delta could really speed up your mana base and let you draw cards at the same time! I get that they may be out of budget- proxies are always an option if your playgroup is cool with them. Additional lands like Spawning Bed, Lotus Field, Jund Panorama, Blighted Woodland and Fabled Passage work well too.
Harrow instead of Wild Wanderer would fit your sacrifice theme. Pitiless Plunderer would give you double value while Broodwarden only buffs some of your creatures. You're not really winning with spawn, and a lot of your best eldrazi produce scions anyway.
I like your removal package, but I feel like there are some unneeded spells that can also be cut for ramp/removal. Things like Fog, Spawning Breath, Prismatic Omen, and Wave of Vitriol don't really advance your game plan (at least not as much as you'd like them to), and I think things such as Breaker of Armies, Nature's Lore, and Corpsehatch, and Commander's Sphere would work some wonders.
This is a super cool concept and I'm eager to see it in the future. I hope this helps!
3 months ago
Feiryn Would I be able to get your opinion about some cards I'm considering purchasing for this deck? I've bought all of the land cards I mentioned earlier... However what are your thoughts about the following considering I'll have all of those fetch lands/shock lands too? Lotus Field, Lotus Vale, Ancient Ziggurat, Dowsing Dagger Flip, Meteor Crater, Unclaimed Territory.
4 months ago
Love this archetype, think it's better than it may get credit for. Ran a deck very close to this a while back (Dig for Fire (Twiddle Storm)), then got into Gifts Storm, then didn't play Modern for more than a year. Now I'm thinking of running something like this again for fun (Dig for Fire 2.0 (Twiddle Storm)), same idea just based on Lotus Field instead of enchanted lands. Would love to hear how you do with this list. Curious though why you find it more interactive than Gifts Storm of older Storm decks. +1 in any case.