Creature — Incarnation
At the beginning of your upkeep, if Genesis is in your graveyard, you may pay . If you do, return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
|Want (3)||Chaosfalcon , Flashdog22 , _signal_|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Genesis occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
1 month ago
With Eternal Witness + Genesis + a sac outlet you could play the eternal witness, on somebody's endstep sac the ewit then on your upkeep bring it back with genesis, bring back your removal spells, sac the ewit again then play it with Karados ability to bring back another card
1 month ago
Thanks for your comment. I am very happy about such comments, as it is difficult to keep an eye on every possible combination with over a thousand commanders, especially with such a commander like Ishkanah, which you don't meet in your LGS every day. Thanks to your comment, I can see more of the potential of Ishkanah. I you want to tune up your deck, I have some recommendations for that:
I would exchange:
- Panharmonicon has only 3 targets + your commander... I think that's not efficien enough I would rather play this beast of a card: Ohran Frostfang because this card converts your spiders into carddrawing killer spiders.
- Far Wanderings for Cultivate because it's more reliable and effective
- Vessel of Nascency for Jarad's Orders because this card is just a perfect tutor for decks like this
- Blood for Bones for Victimize
- Is Witchbane Orb one of your meta picks, because a lot of your opponents play curses or burn? If not, I would rather play more carddraw because you have to less of it in your deck. Play Sylvan Library (or Phyrexian Arena) instead
- Drown in Filth with either another good removal like Abrupt Decay; Caustic Caterpillar; Plaguecrafter (Force of Despair, Darkblast, Snuff Out, Force of Vigor, Tragic Slip etc.)
- Cut 2 Forests and a Swamp for Bala Ged Recovery Flip, Khalni Ambush Flip & Hagra Mauling Flip
- Grapple with the Past for Fiend Artisan/Phyrexian Arena/Opposition Agent
- Entomb for any other tutor like Demonic, Vampiric, Grim Worldly Tutor etc. or Buried Alive
I would play as many cool utility lands with a sacrifice effect and as many fetch lands as possible because they're needed for Delirium and have also great potential with the MVP in every graveyard deck Life from the Loam:
- Evolving Wilds/Terramorphic Expanse/Ash Barrens/Jund Panorama
- Prismatic Vista/Verdant Catacombs; Windswept Heath/Wooded Foothills/Bloodstained Mire etc. (If they're out of budget, you just can play the cool and cheaper utility lands and you'll be fine) Other cool lands: Grim Backwoods!!; Geier Reach Sanitarium, Drownyard Temple Phyrexian Tower, Emergence Zone, Haunted Fengraf, Buried Ruin I would also add Deserted Temple because it can produce together with Cabal Coffers + Rings of Brighthearth infinite black mana.
Carddraw or Cardadvantage:
- Ohran Frostfang!!
- Driven / Despair!!
- Sylvan Library!!
- Night's Whisper
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary
- Phyrexian Arena!!
- Journey to Eternity Flip
- Phyrexian Reclamation
- Fauna Shaman/Birthing Pod/Fiend Artisan/Survival of the Fittest/Yisan, the Wanderer Bard
Other good finishers/ combo pieces:
- Altar of the Brood / Blood Artist / Zulaport Cutthroat
- Craterhoof Behemoth or the budget version: End-Raze Forerunners / Overrun
- Triumph of the Hordes
Well, I'm sure that you already know what other options there are to tune up the deck. If you want to win consitenly I would add more ways to produce infinte mana like Nim Deathmantle + Priest of Gix + Ashnod's Altar or Magus of the Coffers + Staff of Domination OR another unigue and complicated way to filter infinite colorless mana with Basalt Monolith + Rings of Brighthearth is together with Mirage Mirror and a Swamp...
To make the whole thing more consistent you have play all green and black tutors, play fast mana like the Moxes, Mana Crypt/-Vault, Manadorks (Elvish Mystic/Elves of Deep Shadow/Llanowar Elves etc. and pack some premium removal in the deck to raise the power level. If you're interested we can brew a fringe competetive list together.
2 months ago
The second scenario is correct - Genesis was not in your graveyard at the beginning of your upkeep, so its trigger would not go on the stack.
2 months ago
I was playing a golgari graveyard/dredge deck and Nyx Weaver’s upkeep trigger milled two cards into the graveyard. One of those was Genesis. Do I get a genesis trigger too or do all triggers stack in the beginning and then start resolving making it too late to add more triggers? Thx
3 months ago
If you view it's primary function as a cantrip, then yes, it should get cut. Survival is a great card, you have enough dorks to pitch to it.
I've always liked Eldrazi that shuffle in as it works as a form of grave hate with survival. In addition, Genesis can work too. Not that they are serious suggestions, but just noteworthy.
Heroic Intervention - Protection
Rancor - Makes even your dorks threatening.
Berserk - Wincon, works as removal for opponents creatures, nice synergy with selvala (same as rancor too).
7 months ago
I'm intrigued by this idea but I don't have a current idea on how to help you. I will suggest that if you do try to be more graveyard focused in the rug colors, try Genesis.