When Cast Out enters the battlefield, exile target nonland permanent an opponent controls until Cast Out leaves the battlefield.
Cycling (, Discard this card: Draw a card)
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Cast Out Discussion
xlebec on Life Force
2 months ago
2 months ago
I was looking around for a deck to build that uses Shark Typhoon because I keep finding them in the packs I buy. I came across yours and I like the idea of using Unpredictable Cyclone in conjunction with it. It allows you to cheat out more expensive spells pretty effectively, while still creating a shark army. On that note, I would completely revamp the spells you have chosen, aside from Neutralize and Boon of the Wish-Giver , because they need to have cycling to trigger this awesome effect. I do really like Narset of the Ancient Way for this deck. I would remove Teferi, Time Raveler unless you decide to use more sorceries, like Essence Fracture .
- Zenith Flare will be the first obvious choice. It refers to cycling and grows in power rapidly as you cycle things, however it will only grow until the first Unpredictable Cyclone drops, so I am not sure.
- Rescind would be a solid choice, especially if you are running some counterspells.
- Complicate and/or Countervailing Winds seem like some decent choices if you want more counterspells.
- Sweltering Suns and/or Starstorm could replace the damage classic Shock .
- Cast Out could almost directly replace Banishing Light with a cycling equivalent.
- Lay Claim to steal the best of your opponent's forces.
- Astral Slide and/or Astral Drift might be useful, depending on the deck you end up with.
In any case, I love the basic concept and enjoyed trying to think about some synergy for it.
3 months ago
Hmm, I'm pretty sure Path to Exile isn't legal in Pioneer at the moment, and unfortunately I don't think there are many good replacements, since most of the good removal is in black/green with Fatal Push , Abrupt Decay , Assassin's Trophy , etc. You could try Stasis Snare , Cast Out , or Conclave Tribunal but i don't think there's any great alternative in Green or White.
3 months ago
I like all all of the suggestions in fact I'll definitely try out Sevinne's Reclamation and Jeskai Ascendancy I was already searching for a "card draw enchantment" so it's between Jeskai Ascendancy , Mystic Remora or Whirlwind of Thought . the last one is great cause it combos with Omniscience but can potentialy deck me unless I donate a Naset to the opponent I guess :D But Jeskai Ascendancy goes better with Sevinne's Reclamation so I lean more towards it.
As for the others:
- Copy Enchantment I've run it and it's really good but decided to replace it for Mirrormade but MAYBE i'd expand max to two cards that copy enchantments - the effect is definitely powerful combined with the other enchatments
- Cast Out very good flash Oblivion Ring now i'm looking for a creak to include it
- Estrid's Invocation good card, have it in my other enchantment focused EDH, but does not really make the cut. The versatility of reentering the battlefield as something else you have does not offset the ability to target your donated oblivion ring if the timing asks for it IMO. Also can't abuse any enter the battlefield effects.
- Thought Vessel good stone but I'm not sure I can slot it in just for the no maximum handsize it brings
Again, thanks for the suggestions, this is just my thought process behind it :D
3 months ago
I am playing a Zedruu deck too. I have to put my altered commander up there, but its extended and not even close to your version.
Did you consider these cards:
- Copy Enchantment
- Estrid's Invocation
- Jeskai Ascendancy
- Thought Vessel
- Cast Out
- Sevinne's Reclamation
+1 from a fellow Zedruu player.
5 months ago
Some cards I've found that you may want to consider: Seal Away is low CMC and has flash for a surprise when they swing, Cast Out comes with cycling to help you draw if you really need it, Brain Maggot has a small body but can grab anything nonland from their hand, Baffling End may be better than silkwrap depending on what creatures you're up against normally. Dire Tactics / Anguished Unmaking are unconditional creature removal, at the cost of some life. Maybe even Bane of Bala Ged for fun. Finally Warping Wail has some flexibility that you may find useful.
I personally would drop Grip of Desolation . For 6 mana you'll want to be doing more than what it offers, could play two or three spells instead even. Maybe add more copies of Utter End in its place, or Vraska's Contempt can hit 'walkers and creatures, and the two life is a nice touch.
I hope you find this helpful, neat deck and best of luck with it!
6 months ago
EDIT #2: I'm also trying a Boros version with Wrath of God to fight creature decks and some cards like Mind Stone (ramp/draw), Cast Out (cycle/removal), Wall of Omens (blocker+draw) and Pyrite Spellbomb (removal/draw)
RinceRaven on Brago
7 months ago
Made some changes to the draft. It needs a couple more cuts and maybe even more changes but I thought I'd leave it here for now.
Augury Owl, Aether Tunnel, Aqueous Form, Vapor Snag, Whirler Rogue, Prison Realm, Hedron Archive, Archaeomancer, Drannith Magistrate, Kor Cartographer, Mnemonic Wall, Unwind, Momentary Blink, Ghostly Prison, Disdainful Stroke,
note: some of these are good cards and maybe should be put back in. I tried to focus on the combo and decided to cut some more basic synergy pieces that might deserve their places back.