|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Hour of Devastation (HOU)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- God Pharoh's Gift and The Scarab God Abilities on */* Creatues
- tishana, voice of thunder and god-pharaoh's gift interaction
- What would Tishana, Voice of Thunder's p/t be after God-Pharaoh's Gift?
- Does Faith's reward return creatures to the battlefield that were put into your graveyard this?
- Does copying a token summoned by God Pharoh's Gift give the new token Haste?
At the beginning of combat on your turn, you may exile a creature card from your graveyard. If you do, create a token that's a copy of that card, except it's a 4/4 black Zombie. It gains haste until end of turn.
God-Pharaoh's Gift Discussion
2 days ago
Just finished remodeling my own Brudiclad deck. My list is here, please check it out if you have time, let me know what you think. I really like your list! It has some great choices that I didn't think of, like Combat Celebrant , Genesis Chamber and Oketra's Monument . I am thinking of further balance changes and have been adding cards to my maybeboard to boot. Some cards that I would heavily recommend because they have such amazing utility are:
Trading Post :The versatility on this card is amazing. Recurring artifacts, making goats, discarding cards into the grave when needed and the fact that you can do it all at instant speed to keep your options open has made me really fall in love with this card.
Mishra's Self-Replicator :This thing sets up a huge board of tokens by itself. It is a little costly to start, but it gets very threatening fairly fast.
God-Pharaoh's Gift / Back from the Brink :Lastly, these two are certainly meant for long games, but they are amazing options for attrition wars or that option that can get you to a game-winning play out of nowhere.
3 days ago
Second round of changes!
Gate is a nice value engine but nothing beats straight synergistic tutoring. In order to prevent games from dragging on, I really need to acquire my combo pieces, so Intent is in to help. Gift is actually pretty strong on its own without Gate because Teysa gives the eternalized creatures lifelink and vigilance, and the occassional Anointed Procession makes it REALLY good. That said, it takes the backseat for now for Tithe, a card absolutely proving its worth in EDH.
Butcher is really nice, it really is, but it's just a little too high on the curve, and my aggro playgroup is really sick of my triple redundant Grave Pact s, so I figure I can cut them some slack. I've been running into a problem of being unable to recur my fatter creatures off Reveillark or Dusk / Dawn so the straight reanimation from Whisper should turn useful.
2 weeks ago
God-Pharaoh's Gift and Whirler Rogue are in a pile of cards I have sitting in a box of cards that could end up in this deck in the future, I should put them in them maybeboard. Myr Turbine is something I might like but it's a little costly mana wise. Stolen Identity used to be in the deck but I took out because it was too expensive mana wise. Not really a fan of the rest of them, I prefer to keep mana costs low for most of the cards in this deck. I try not to go above 4 for the support cards unless they're powerful like Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker or I can cut the cost like Treasure Cruise and Dig Through Time . I appreciate the suggestions!
2 weeks ago
First round of changes in pre-playtesting (substituting a bunch of cards since I’m waiting on some in the mail)! Extra thanks to hkhssweiss for helpful suggestions!
Costing one less matters, and Kaya’s Wrath is such a cool card flavorwise. The additional life gain from Fumigate is negligible.
Rebirth was too expensive and the token pretty much died immediately. In went my favorite chaos boardwipe, and boy can our deck abuse it. Chuck everything in the bin (including our commander) before casting it to make everyone go “uh oh”.
Yeah, I was pretty stupid for not shoehorning in this ridiculous card advantage machine. I was initially skeptical about triple black and losing discarded cards to exile, but I found as long as they weren’t my combo pieces, I usually didn’t care. I always had surprisingly high mana, so I could cut a budget land.
3 weeks ago
Props for not going easy mode with Edgar Markov .
As for suggestions, the best thing I think you could do to improve this deck is to make it more explosive. The way to do that would be to add free sacrifice outlets, along with creatures that provide you multiple bodies.
For sac outlets, Viscera Seer , Indulgent Aristocrat , Bloodthrone Vampire , Bloodflow Connoisseur , Cartel Aristocrat , Blood Bairn , Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter , Vampire Aristocrat , and Yahenni, Undying Partisan are good vampire options. Sadistic Hypnotist , Dimir House Guard , Spawning Pit , Hidden Stockpile , Mind Slash are also good. What's important is that you can go off all at once. You want to sac a bunch of creatures to grow Elenda and sac her the same turn.
The other challenge you'll want to keep in mind is that Elenda, the Dusk Rose must go to your graveyard to get the trigger. That means If you want to recast her, you'll have to reanimate her or exile her from your graveyard. Bojuka Bog , Relic of Progenitus , Angel of Finality , God-Pharaoh's Gift (and Gate to the Afterlife !), Skeletal Scrying , Rescue from the Underworld , Necromancer's Covenant , Cremate , Seance , Planar Void , Goryo's Vengeance , Postmortem Lunge , Purgatory . Despoiler of Souls , Mistmoon Griffin , Purify the Grave , Offalsnout , Coffin Purge , Drudge Spell , Cryptwailing , Treacherous Vampire , and Consecrate / Consume , Angelic Renewal , Karmic Guide , Reveillark (the prior two being an infinite loop combo), Dread Return , Nim Deathmantle (there are combos with it and Ashnod's Altar , which you also want), Palace Siege , Bloodline Necromancer , Profane Command , Unburial Rites , Faith's Reward , Ever After , Ajani, Adversary of Tyrants , Hell's Caretaker . Apprentice Necromancer , Wake the Dead , Second Sunrise , Infernal Offering , Corpse Dance , Zombify , Resurrection , No Rest for the Wicked , and Footsteps of the Goryo , are all good options.
The final piece of the puzzle is making your sacrifices devastating. Dictate of Erebos , Butcher of Malakir , Grave Pact , Black Market , Harvester of Souls , Midnight Reaper , Grim Haruspex , Zulaport Cutthroat , Open the Graves , Blade of the Bloodchief , Ogre Slumlord , Athreos, God of Passage , and Dark Prophecy will help with that.
1 month ago
So I'm assuming we are going with a sac outlet style here, and I have a couple of win cons. Exsanguinate / Debt to the Deathless for a large amount using Ashnod's Altar / Phyrexian Altar , Sac outlet procs from Kokusho/Artist/Cutthroat/Evangel, or Mirror Entity swarm.
- Mikaeus, the Unhallowed
- Mimic Vat
- Open the Graves
- Pitiless Plunder
- Sheoldred, the Whispering One
- Bontu's Monument
- Expedition Map
- Razaketh, the Foulblooded
- Debt to the Deathless
- Teferi's Protection
- Songs of the Damned
- Thran Dynamo
- Coldsteel Heart
- Viscera Seer
- Mirror Entity
- Pious Evangel Flip
- Phyrexian Plaguelord
- Solemn Simulacrum
- Oversold Cemetery
- Toxic Deluge
- Smothering Abomination
- Dark Prophecy
- Gate to the Afterlife
- God-Pharaoh's Gift ?
- Grim Haruspex
- Ashen Rider: I personally hate this card, it's so god awfully expensive and it expensive for a pretty vanilla creature... I think that unless you are playing a reanimator style this isn't worth playing at 8 CMC
- Butcher of malakir: I know a lot of people love this card, but I'd rather just play Dictate of Erebos and Grave Pact over this any day, too expensive and too easily destroyed.
- Extractor demon: It's too expensive and mill is one of those things you have to COMMIT to.
- Havester of souls: I'd rather see a Smothering Abomination , Dark Prophecy , Gate to the Afterlife , or Grim Haruspex
- Knight Of The Last Breath: It's really bad.
- Krav, the unredeemed: This one is a bit iffy, it could be really good it could be really bad playtest with it, and if the deck doesn't do what you want it should be onthe first to go list.
- Light of the Legion: You don't have enough white creatures to make this worth while.
- Regna, the Redeemed: It's just WAY too expensive.
- Nomad's Assembly: This could be good, but it's far too expensive
- Storm Herd: This isn't your game plan my friend, I mean sure you could play it and win off it but I think you're better off taking that 10 mana and dumbing it into an Exsanguinate or Debt to the Deathless
- Rise of the Dark Realms: Too expensive, and you have no way to cheat it out.
- Cathar's Crusade: your gameplan should be more sac to get triggers and do silly things, not attacking.
- Divine Visitation: It's a Win more card in a deck that isn't solely based on making tokens, not worth.
- Sanguine bond/Exquisite Blood: I'm just not a fan of the combo, it pisses people off and is no fun. Play one or the other, not both.
- Grave Betrayl: Too expensive in my book
- True Coviction: Triple white in a deck that is prominently black... No thank you... Plus this doesn't contribute to your win con.
- Sword of Light and Shadow: Why? It won't protect against your board wipes, and it's very much not your strategy.
1 month ago
zdtsd Actually, I have tons of ways to make my creatures into tokens. Helm of the Host, Mimic Vat, Mirrorpool, Blade of Selves, Seance, and God-Pharaoh's Gift have been enough for me, and I just picked up Bramble Sovereign.
I used to have Desolation Twin, but I found that it was just too much mana, even for the sweet token. Also, making a token copy of it wouldn't allow me to get 2 per populate, because it's trigger is on cast, not when it enters the battlefield.
Also, in this deck, Advent of the Wurm would be a small token, not a big one.
Polyraptor sounds cool for the deck, even if the token is a bit small. I'll play around to see if it fits well.
Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it! Sorry I didn't respond earlier; I kinda forgot I had put my deck up here.
1 month ago
God-Pharaoh's Gift occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
All decks: 0.01%
All decks: 0.08%