|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Rare|
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Imprint — When Prototype Portal enters the battlefield, you may exile an artifact card from your hand.
, : Create a token that's a copy of the exiled card. X is the converted mana cost of that card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (22)||angesoir , Pelli , Joblaska , rikertchu , Fairseas , Va1mar , Big-Foot , mycheze , itheoryz , lorddarkstar , DudeMan1031 , ducttapedeckbox , ZombieFood , , Nemesis , Friedrice24 , silvereh , Fwaffle , sonnet666 , mandoso , Swamy , Pumpkinking913|
|Want (17)||Georgez96 , PUfelix85 , pieguy744 , BillyBalverine , Linx1550 , Roxmysox32 , eastly , THP88 , atomic_ronin , DarthMeatloaf , bbtancakes , FrostySmags , kovellen , blaze333 , Skullion123 , 25Hour , blanklink|
Prototype Portal Discussion
25 minutes ago
Thank you! :)
3 weeks ago
As a Transmuter lover, i feel i need to help hahah
- You have many copys of Duplicant, they dont help to get pressure
- Ensoul Artifact is totally slot loss here
- Prototype Portal is too slow and too risky, artifact get hate so easy
- 3 Spine of Ish Sah is a high number, use 1 and add Trading Post
- Trinket Mage not help too much. We have best options like: Talisman, Mind Stone and Everflowing Chalice -which is too good if transmuter cause is 0 CMC- to ramp, in this kind of build, you dont need to get tron online cause want to Transmuter tricks.
Lodestone Golem in a build of artifact rules. Help you to get pressure and slow the enemy. Kuldotha Forgemaster can help you to get the bigboss fast. If you want draw use Thirst for Knowledge over Blue sun's.
1 month ago
I recommend changing your mana base to a playset of each of Urza's Mine, Urza's Power Plant, and Urza's Tower, and 2 different playsets of dual lands of your choice and 2 Inventors' Fair for a total of 22 lands. instead of playing Hanweir Battlements, play 2-4 Lightning Greaves, it has a starting cost of 2, but allows you to make one creature you summon every turn have haste for free afterwards, along with giving it shroud. if you dont mind paying 2 every turn you can also use Fleetfeather Sandals instead for the same effect but with flying that can assist your offense. instead of haveing a masssive ammount of cards that discard yourself, use a playset and a half ofTorment of Scarabs and Demonic Pact. haveing 6 of these cards will nearly guarantee you pulling one of them by turn 4 and your forcing your opponet to discard instead of yourself. this means that you wont be able to defend with Lupine Prototype, the issue is minute however as id imagine he'd be tapped from being on the offenseive with flying, but is easily resolved with a playset of Amaranthine Wall. although expensive, you may want to use 3 of All Is Dust as its a one sided board wipe for you. if you want to add ramp you can use a playset of Powerstone Shard. if you want some combos, you can use Prototype Portal or Sculpting Steel to make copies of important artifacts, such as Lupine Prototype. perhaps you may want to add Diabolic Tutor to help you find specific cards. i feel that all of your spells and activated abilities that use red mana are not very productive compared to everything else
1 month ago
Cackling Counterpart, Clone Legion, Cogwork Assembler, Fated Infatuation, Followed Footsteps, God-Pharaoh's Gift, Heat Shimmer, Helm of the Host, Hour of Eternity, Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker, Mechanized Production, Mimic Vat, Minion Reflector, Mirror Mockery, Mirrorpool, Mirrorworks, Nemesis Trap, Progenitor Mimic, Prototype Portal, Rhys the Redeemed, Rite of Replication, Saheeli Rai, Saheeli's Artistry, Seance, Second Harvest, Soul Foundry, Soul Separator, Spitting Image, Stolen Identity, The Scarab God, and Twinflame.
Since I did not know exactly what you were looking to do, I included options allowing you to copy artifacts (in case it's an artifact creature you want to copy), as well as create copies of cards in your graveyard or hand.
1 month ago
Forge of Heroes is worth running.
Psychosis Crawler has done huge damage with all my card draw.
I deck teched mine a lot.
3 months ago
Rhonas's Last Stand is the newest interesting thing for the archetype, giving some much needed early power.
Then we get to the janky stuff. Call of the Herd or Mouth // Feed, perhaps, Pulse of the Tangle or Cobra Trap. Things to stop you dying to early creature drops. Giantbaiting into Second Harvest is a fun option. It of the Horrid Swarm or Miming Slime exist. Mitotic Slime is obnoxious if you can proc it. Ooze Garden can be a lot of fun. Slime Molding seems interesting alongside song/ Spore Swarm/Sprout Swarm
There are also weird rebuild options like Prototype Portal/Soul Foundry with artifact creatures and golem tokens, elf tribal, Khalni Garden/land token generation builds. Lots of cards, nothing that has shaken the world recently. Good luck with the build.
4 months ago
- I didn't want to include Muzzio, Visionary Architect because he felt a little too reliant on luck, and he's a non-artifact card, so I'll always be forced to hard cast him. He's definitely good, I just don't want to run discount Arcum Dagsson.
- Honden of Seeing Winds is five mana for "draw one card on your next turn," and even that draw isn't guaranteed (considering the number of things that could happen in one turn cycle by the time I can cast this card). Consistent draw like this can be quite convenient, but cards like Reverse Engineer are typically more than enough at that mana cost.
- Master of Etherium is out of budget.
- Thopter Assembly has now replaced Thopter Spy Network, thanks.
- Darksteel Forge is quite far out of budget, but is an auto-include when I do obtain it.
- Jhoira's Toolbox does not "regenerate everything," it regenerates one thing, which is quite a big difference for a card that isn't doing much else. I'll consider it if my artifacts draw a lot of hate.
- Buried Ruin has been added.
- Scrap Trawler was cut because it seemed like I wouldn't need that much recursion, but your mileage may vary. If your janky artifact decks draw a lot of hate or your meta is saturated with sweepers, Scrap Trawler might be a wise inclusion. It also works well with sacrifice outlets and strategies more common in red artifact decks from cards like Goblin Welder.
- The other artifact lands produce mana outside my commander's color identity and are therefore illegal. Imprinting Seat of the Synod onto Prototype Portal is something I didn't think about though. Neat.
- Vizier of Many Faces is a little too out of theme for me. Duplicant would be great if it was in budget.
4 months ago
Hi! I always wanted to build a deck like yours, but I already have a Breya deck so, I never did it (here it is btw Ovewhelming Machines).
I'd suggest some cards out of you'd get good use imo.
Cranial Plating!!!! Must have. Like super budget face-beater.
Honden of Seeing Winds Good passive draw.
Master of Etherium is Lord effect + huge boi
Thopter Assembly it's 5 thopters after one turn, if you're behind
Darksteel Forge indestructible. And you have a lot of ramp, so 9 mana isn't a problem.
Jhoira's Toolbox regenerates everything.
Buried Ruin why isn't already in?
Scrap Trawler everything can have recursion built in.
And at last, if you like artifact synergy (I bet you do), you can also add the remaining four artifact lands, since they are colorless (they are lands). They would only produce colorless mana, but they're still artifacts, so they untap with Unwinding Clock, can be impressed on Prototype Portal, etc.
Happy brewing! (Hope I didn't write something you already knew of).