|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Scars of Mirrodin (SOM)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Imprint Whenever a nontoken creature is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, you may exile that card. If you do return each other card exiled with Mimic Vat to its owner's graveyard.
3, Tap: Put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of the exiled card. It gains haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (22)||rebelteddybear , ironax , vishnarg , sonnet666 , mziter501 , gosora , bakunet , Clawsun73 , Vasbear1 , hwagner , MoJoMiXuP , , Ashy , Tiddilywinkus , Hootiequack , Nemesis , plof , MonoRedBomb.Com , MrCrazzyc , joshw335 , MattN7498 , Justinaut|
|Want (4)||The_Munchkin , samuelianstorm , Desol4tion , DarkMagician|
Mimic Vat Discussion
2 days ago
That's actually a really great suggestion. I would say it'll always be a tough choice between Mimic Vat and Soul Foundry from now on. Mimic Vat does great if the creature you want to try and keep around if already on the battlefield. But Soul Foundry is just as beast.
I think it comes down to a choice between preventative token creation or reactive token creation. :) Thanks again for the suggestion. I added it to the Sideboard and edited the description to reflect the choice.
3 days ago
4 days ago
Hey, this looks good to me. Only things I'd change are Adarkar Valkyrie for Sun Titan since he pairs so well with Angelic Renewal and Gift of Immortality(going infinite with a sac outlet). Possibly trading Feldon of the Third Path for Mimic Vat since it's a little more reliable and can exile opponents creatures temporarily if needed. Also how does Bazaar Trader work here? I must be missing the interaction but if not I'd throw Goblin Bombardment in his spot.
2 weeks ago
Traverse the Ulvenwald is a nice card, but you'll have a harder time deliriazing it than you think. I'm only counting 6 lands you can sac, 1 artifact, and whether you get creatures to help with the delirium count is questionable. But actually, it is a cantrip in your deck, in regard to the question of how much card draw is too much.
Gonti, Lord of Luxury... hmmm... 4 mana for a 2/3 creature, with an ability that is only sometimes relevant. Feels great, if you get to steal Tarmogoyfs and Fatal Pushes, not so great when you get to play a Lantern of Insight. Also, you only have 1 land to support your opponents colors, so it wouldn't be very often you could play red or white cards.
Quicksilver Fountain - the dream of a lategame lockout is real! However, this is not how you do it. It also hits your lands, right? So you either have spend a card on smashing it, or it will lock you and your 3-color manabase out eventually... I think you could make a janky deck with this, but then it should be the focus of the deck, not just a throw-in. Also, watch out for playing cards that have no real effect for many turns - in general that is not good. Mimic Vat could be funny. I don't think Trophy Mage to find your 3 cmc artifacts is correct though - neither of them are essential to your winning strategy, and you have a pile of card filtering/drawing/cantripping anyway.
Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip could be a funny addition to your deck - just 1. Card draw, an accompanying token-creature, a built in win-con... what's not to like? Maybe exchange some land for another basic forest.
2 weeks ago
Hey there Cool deck you have here! Just based on some of your includes, like Tooth and Nail, Cryptic Command, etc. it looks like you dont have a particularly constrained budget, so my suggestions will reflect that. Also, Riku is typically a fairly combo-based deck, and based on the fact that you have Palinchron in your deck (a card that goes infinite with your commander), Im also going to assume that your playgroup is OK with winning by combos. If those are incorrect assumptions, feel free to ignore me.
OK, lets talk additions.
- Panharmonicon doubles ETB effects, Riku has a lot of ETB effects. Cant go wrong here.
- Parallel Lives is also good.
- Cultivate and Kodama's Reach are both awesome ramp cards, and in a mana-heavy deck like Riku, youll need all of the ramp you can get.
- Explosive Vegetation and Skyshroud Claim are also good ramp cards, as are Sakura-Tribe Elder and Solemn Simulacrum.
- Traverse the Outlands is new, but seems to be shaping up as one of the best ramp spells in the format.
- Cyclonic Rift is an EDH staple, and absolutely belongs here.
- Deadeye Navigator is a good backup combo piece with the aforementioned Palinchron, just in case you cant access Riku.
- Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker is an insta-win with any of Zealous Conscripts, Pestermite, or Deceiver Exarch, so Id include Kiki and one of the last three. Both pieces can also be fetched with Tooth and Nail.
- Craterhoof Behemoth is amazing when doubled with Riku.
- Chromatic Lantern is one of the best mana rocks you can run.
- Gilded Lotus is also good.
- Biovisionary isnt for everyone, but with all of your clone effects, it could make for some hilarious wins.
- Chaos Warp can get rid of any problematic permanent for just three mana at instant speed
- Beast Within does the same thing.
- Fact or Fiction is some of the best card draw in the game, and if you make a friend at the table, they can give you all five cards.
- Temporal Mastery with Riku seems evil.
- Mimic Vat is an endless stream of clones.
- Sylvan Library lets you draw three cards a turn if you really need to, and at the very least filters your draws.
- With enough mana, Future Sight lets you play most of your deck.
- Riku has only two toughness, and is very vulnerable to removal. Darksteel Plate, Lightning Greaves, and Swiftfoot Boots are all good at making sure he sticks around.
- I would recommend running some number of lands, as otherwise its pretty hard to cast your cards. As you only have 62 cards in here, I assume the remaining 38 slots are lands, but I just thought I'd check :)
3 weeks ago
I think you'd get a lot of use out of Grand Arbiter Augustin IV. With the amount of ETB effects, you could benefit from re-using the effects through Mimic Vat or Seance. Sun Titan as well could pull a lot of your creatures from the graveyard.
Also, I just love Godhead of Awe.
3 weeks ago
I don't know your budget, but I recommend Phyrexian Dreadnought. He can immediately be sacrificed to gisa to avoid his cast stipulation so you get his power in tokens. This also could work with Mimic Vat. I also recommend Staff of Domination which can help you combo off with the affordable mentioned cards and Ashnod's Altar and maybe Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed
1 month ago
So I won't presume you wouldn't need to change your build to incorporate these, but I'm just going to put out there that Seance, Back from the Brink, Soul Separator, Mimic Vat, Soul Foundry, Faerie Artisans, God-Pharaoh's Gift, and Dance of Many are all cards you could really abuse.
Also I totally want to build a deck with all of those cards now!