|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Time Spiral "Timeshifted" (TSB)||Rare|
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Rare|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Rare|
|Fifth Edition (5ED)||Rare|
|Fourth Edition (4ED)||Rare|
|4th Edition Foreign Black Border (4EDFBB)||Rare|
|Revised Edition (3ED)||Rare|
|Revised Foreign Black Border (3EDFBB)||Rare|
|Unlimited Edition (2ED)||Rare|
|Collector's Edition (CED)||Rare|
|International Collector's Edition (CEI)||Rare|
|Limited Edition Beta (LEB)||Rare|
|Limited Edition Alpha (LEA)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
|Promo set for Gatherer (PSG)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Exiling a Lord creature that is pumping another attacking creature during declare attackers phase.
- If I cast Terminate in response to Aether Vial cheating in Cursecatcher, can they use Cursecatcher to counter?
- When the text says copy target instant or sorcery spell like in twincast or Sigil Tracer can i copy the spell that my opponent cast like lightning bolt, shock, or boomerang?
Lord of Atlantis
Creature — Merfolk
Other Merfolk creatures get +1/+1 and have islandwalk.
Lord of Atlantis Discussion
1 week ago
1 month ago
Lord of the Steppe
Creature - Unicorn
Horses and other Unicorns you control have +1/+2 and have vigilance.
Based on Lord of Atlantis . But like stronger for a smaller weaker pair of tribes.
I'd like a White tribe for Ikoria!
1 month ago
Yorm of the Infinite
Legendary Creature - Shapeshifter Illusion
Whenever Yorm of the Infinite is dealt combat damage, prevent that damage and make a token copy of Yorm of the Infinite, except it isn't legendary.
"I can be whatever your heart desires..."
I feel like he / she / it has some wide utility here. Goes Aggro, and green loves pump spells. Blue might not get a lot of combat oriented synergy here, but blue has merfolk you could put in to make battlefield synergy, such as Lord of Atlantis . It can also gain Hexproof a la Lord of the Unreal , while adding to your Elf count with Elvish Archdruid .
And yes I realize giving it Illusion on top of Changeling is redundant. I did it for the thematic and flavor aspect. :)
Challenge: Make a Rakdos Shapeshifter with Changeling.
6 months ago
2) my point exactly. Why change the rule and add the legendary supertype to planeswalkers if not to dissociate the two? IOW planeswalkers w/o legendary supertype moving forward will no longer mutually anihilate. Pure speculation on my part...
3) I haven't read the spoilers. I've just always kinda wondered why they had to be elite-only cards. So my mind started asking 'what if' and dreamed up a common cycle.
5) Lightning Bolt it's not showing. Look at the Alpha version.
9) Banding was too confusing for noobs. So was tapped creatures not dealing damage, artifacts switching off when tapped, and interrupts. Not to mention good-ol' "damage on the stack" Morphling . The game changes. You get used to it. The structure is a lot better now than it used to be I think.
10) it's more about the concept. One could have a goblin "when this dude comes into play, regrowth a burn spell" or something to that effect. Subtypes in general allow for more flexibility in card manipulation, that's all. If this weren't true they wouldn't have made Lord of Atlantis a me folk.
11) also, about the concept. From a design perspective, you don't want to make a card too powerful because everyone is going to run four of them. But if you add a self-restriction it mitigates the possibility it will warp the meta game. Also, it allows for cards that while not necessarily broken would be too complicated in multiples, such as Teferi's Undoing I'd posted the other day. That was supposed to have "Build:1" but I ran out of space.
BTW you forgot Chain Lightning not instant but it used to go in 'that' deck.
I started playing with Antiquities. I wasn't ready to spend $7 on a pack of Arabian Nights just to have the older cards I'd missed out on but I made sure to get in on Legends. The first rare I cracked in that set was The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale . I got $20 for it. When gold cards came out, we were all wowed. And yes, I do remember.
8 months ago
on Say Less
8 months ago
8 months ago
Hi-res art is available on Scryfall here: https://scryfall.com/sets/j18
If there's some way I can help get these into the system let me know. I've tried using the add card function to no avail. I know you mentioned previous promotional printings being a pinch point, but I believe Vampiric Tutor is the only card that this might effect (and there is still room to use "Promo Set for Gatherer" instead, I believe.
Thanks again for the support on this so far!
Lord of Atlantis occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.06%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%