Whenever a nontoken creature enters the battlefield under your control, if it doesn't have the same name as another creature you control or a creature card in your graveyard, draw a card.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Guardian Project Discussion
1 week ago
2 weeks ago
Thank you for your comment. I do not own of the cards you mentioned...
Pact of the Serpent didn't made the cut, because it's sorcery speed. I already have a bunch of repeatable draw-effects (like Beast Whisperer, Guardian Project), Vanquisher's Banner; burst (Return of the Wildspeaker which is also more flexible, Kindred Summons (Kinda); or even combat based Ohran Frostfang, Toski, Bearer of Secrets.. etc. Therefore the Pact didn't made the cut.
Bolas's Citadel is already on my want-list. As soon as it enters my collection i will have to find a spot!
Baleful Mastery is definately worth a closer look. but for what to swap?
3 weeks ago
Shamanic Revelation is a good way to refuel you hand after playing out a bunch of creatures and tokens. If you end up adding more ways of pumping your creatures then it might also gain you a fair bit of life. The big issue with the spell though is that a tribal deck often really needs to draw cards after being hit with a board wipe, and having an empty board is when Shamanic Revelation is at its worst. If you are able to cast it right after dumping most of your hand then the payoff can be pretty big, but if you don't have at least 3 creatures out then it's not really worth paying the 5 mana. At least having Sigarda in your command zone gives you a way of putting some creatures back on the board after a wipe so Shamanic Revelation can quickly become a viable play again.
Harmonize doesn't draw as many cards but at least it's consistent regardless of board state. Beast Whisperer is generally worth the cost to buy it for the extra draw power that it adds to decks. Guardian Project is also great but the cost to buy a copy is uncomfortably high, but Tireless Tracker is slightly more affordable. The card Welcoming Vampire that is in the Crimson Vow set is another nice draw engine that White is getting, and Sigarda's ability to create tokens on other people's turns helps to make the most of the vampire's ability.
If you ever end up pushing the deck towards more of a +1/1 counter theme, then Armorcraft Judge and Inspiring Call might be worth looking at. If you focus more on producing tokens then there's Voice of Many.
1 month ago
2 months ago
2 months ago
While my deck is far less competitive than yours I have a few suggestions
Makes creatures hit harder-Unnatural Growth, Shared Animosity, Gruul War Chant (I prefer this to Goblin War Drums as it gives creatures both menace only when attacking (the only time it matters) plus a combat boost)
Cult of the Waxing Moon-if your transforming enough can crank wolf tokens at a good pace, The Celestus for more night control and bit of mana, Ruric Thar, the Unbowed to discourage other players from playing spells and flipping your werewolves
2 months ago
Played a bunch today and here is results of changes.
- -1 Apex Devastator to sideboard, moved to sideboard to swap out with blightsteel/eldrazi for newer players
- -1 Temur Sabertooth, removed due to the amount of cardraw available. I feel I would rather draw than bounce.
- +1 Blightsteel Colossus to maindeck, Blightsteel is a counter to my local playgroup. We've got a lifegain deck and one deck running Pariah and Pariah's Shield. Along with Akroma's Memorial and Finale of Devastation this is my nuclear option.
- +1 Bala Ged Sanctuary Flip, land and recurrence is very valuable.
- +1 Mirrorpool, ehh fine seems ok to drop a copy of a big creature that does something,, what's the worst that can happen? :)
- -1 Mana Crypt to maybeboard, don't have one is the only reason. If I can get one,, maybe?
- +1 Jeweled Lotus, replacement for mana crypt... Now let me tell you,, jeweled -> azusa --> lotus cobra --> two fetches --> Tooth and nail.. That was a quick game!
- +1 Maze of Ith, This is at tech, really aggressive in my area! There are some cases it's death to not have an air blocker!
- +1 Petrified Field, Testing it at this time, not sure how to abuse it yet
- +1 Momentous Fall, Does not feel as bad as I initially thought. Use this defensively often times.
- +1 Cryptic Caves, niche card testing it out. Turns your crucibles into three draw for 3 mana + land drops.. 3 mana draw 3 cards... seems decent
- +1 Thespian's Stage, what does it do? answer: yes
- -1 Beast Whisperer, I have enough creatures, but the costs are too high
- +1 Zendikar Resurgent, replacement for beast whisperer, has the potential to double mana while going off
- -1 Guardian Project, same problem as beast whisperer
- +1 Return of the Wildspeaker, another large draw effect to combo off of to replace guardian
- +1 Inkmoth Nexus, bad habits die hard, keeping one in deck for "that guy" at the table.
- -1 Field of the Dead -> maybeboard, only reason I'm taking it out is I don't own it. Dropping it into maybe board
- Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is here to stay. When you go off with a large draw dropping him is amazing. He will give you enough mana to combo off and finish on the stop at times. He's also a good target for Natural Order.
- After drawing 10 cards and drawing into Rude Awakening,, it has a new place in my heart, seems to be a keeper
- Once I hit 25 basics, I think I can just win the game. The amount of basics should stick between 24-26 and 45 lands in total to facilitate the engines. If we're slightly under half I think we're good.
- Kodama of the East Tree was potentially good enough to combo off a large draw with vorin, need to test this more!
Thinking of Cutting:
- Beacon of Creation --> , requires more testing due to new landbase
Why the sideboard was added:
- Core creatures for swapping on the sideboard are Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger, Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Kozilek, the Great Distortion, Blightsteel Colossus, and Craterhoof Behemoth.
- Each of these creatures fills a different role. voice of hunger is a creature to combo off with on a large draw or to slow down my opponents. Butcher of truth fills your hand then wins by sacing against a single opponent or threating multiple attack if they don't sac a specific permanent (politics yeeehhh). Blightsteel teaches people that lifegain decks don't work against green edh.... craterhoof teaches people that lifegain deck's don't work against green in edh (AZUSA SMASH!!)... please stop playing lifegain decks in edh... Great Distortion draws and controls the game if your ahead.
If I'm playing against my friends then these are great. If we're trying to include someone I will swap them out for cards in the sideboard and leave in a couple.
2 months ago
Did a bit of Brainstorming last night
Potentially Temur Sabertooth might be good in my playgroup due to the amount of removal and ability to setup.
Rude Awakening + Temur Sabertooth + Eternal Witness + 11 mana == infinite mana and bounce/infinite ETB. Temur Sabertooth, plus any of my ETB or cast cards gives a lot of utility including extra draw, recurrence, removal, spot protection from removal.
I think this card is worth a shot with the amount of mana I have available most times. For the sake of theorycrafting we have to try it!! Who knows maybe if I wanted to go the jank route this would make Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger, Helix Pinnacle or Aetherflux Reservoir viable as a non-attack wincon. Testing needed,, wanted to vorinclex in my collection anyways.
For classic wincons,
For creatures, I feel like I could hold a sideboard of 15 fatties on me and swap them in and they would all feel equally viable. That said Kozilek, Butcher of Truth felt irreplaceable and thus is getting a perm mainboard. Prevents milling, draws cards, threat/wincon, resets my deck, nice with Life from the Loam.
Vorinclex like I've mentioned before accelerates the deck and give me more time. It's more of enabler than a combo piece itself. Potentially Defense of the Heart might work here too if I hadd him. It would also open up potentially a new archtype if I went with Aetherflux Reservoir + Temur Sabertooth.
As for the draw situation, we could build around it or just go with the classics.
Adding Guardian Project to the maybe board along with Beast Whisperer. They're not as "fast" as the other options, but guardian often times is a Harmonize or better and beast whisperer is tutorable draw!
Some classics are: Garruk, Primal Hunter which is a "5 mana draw spell", Shamanic Revelation is another Regal Force that works with tokens! Rishkar's Expertise is another garruk that has a ~70% chance to hit another spell. That percentile is potentially amazing due to the composition of the current deck.
On the fringe for: Zendikar Resurgent, vorinclex slowing down opponent's in that slot feels better as a mana doubler, and I could just play Guardian Project earlier if I was after the draw. This card feels like it's in a weird place. Might turn out to be just an expensive harmonize. Momentous Fall, I don't know how I feel about this yet. Generally it says, 4 mana sac a creature draw 2-6 cards. Feels like a card I would play when I'm ahead, not to get ahead. That said I could say the same for anything else that is not an etb draw, regal, or harmonize.
Next step I guess is to make a couple "Packages" and see how they fit the deck.