|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016||Mythic Rare|
|Dragon's Maze||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Can flickering a card with echo avoid echo?
- Will a Pack Rat token made by a rat brought back by a whip of erebos have haste?
- Can Progenitor Mimic be a land generator?
- Progenitor mimic will become a land if copying an animated land, correct?
- Can I choose to copy Clone by Progenitor Mimic to get infinite cloning?
Creature — Shapeshifter
You may have Progenitor Mimic enter the battlefield as a copy of any creature on the battlefield except it gains "At the beginning of your upkeep, if this creature isn't a token, create a token that's a copy of this creature."
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (22)||rebelteddybear , Fiolek , NostalgicAce , zachi , gildan_bladeborn , Forkbeard , TheRealPeaches , redlegs_17 , ZombieFood , pskinn01 , Lindough , HR19 , KipIsKosher , ShishkyBob , cryptoplasm , Regulus1010 , Auriel , MonoRedBomb.Com , MrCrazzyc , mazrimtaim , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , rockleemyhero|
|Want (2)||Riders_of_Brohan , fireborne1986|
Progenitor Mimic Discussion
15 hours ago
so here we go with the others
first off seriously how come Platinum Angel isn't here? its a safety net
i notice Hive Mind is a card so this cycle should helphttp://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&name=+%5Bpact%5D&set=%7C%5B%22Future%20Sight%22%5D
- Sprouting Phytohydra + Pestilence/Pyrohemia
- Saproling Symbiosis
- Storm Herd
- oh and all the token doublers Parallel Lives/Anointed Procession are the cheapest
- Infinite Reflection
- Progenitor Mimic
- Rite of Replication this is the most important one
- Spitting Image
- Thought Lash
- Divining Witch/Demonic Consultation (also works with Approach of the Second Sun)
- Enter the Infinite
- Inverter of Truth
- Angel's Grace
- Soulgorger Orgg
- Sustaining Spirit
- Fortune Thief
- anything spell/permanent that involves paying any amount of life my favorite isMinion of the Wastes because this works with Mayael's Aria as well
- Serra Avatar
- Progenitus (promo versions are only $5)
- Dark Depths + Thespian's Stage/Vampire Hexmage
- Primordial Hydra
just one thing Krark's Thumb
Darksteel Reactor/Azor's Elocutors/Helix Pinnacle
note: only proliferate
- Deepglow Skate (all other counter related stuff works too.)
- anything with proliferate Contagion Engine and Inexorable Tide are the best ones
- Kalonian Hydra (the ariel will work as well)
- Gilder Bairn
- Winding Constrictor
- if your are willing to spend this much money. Doubling Season but you can go without it
Felidar Sovereign/Test of Endurance
the celestial convergence win con takes this as well
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation
- Wall of Reverence (with that avatar i mentioned eariler you double your life every end step)
- Debt to the Deathless
- Any of the whenever one of your creatures ETB Soul Warden is the best one
- you have Banishing Light so the family members of this
- Kaervek's Spite trigger just before your turn
- Decree of Annihilation
Demonic Pactjust Bazaar Trader and Zedruu the Greatheartedand theres a few more enchantments you can do the exact same thing with Fractured Identity but you need platinum angel for a few of them though
Triskaidekaphobianothing everything you need for this one is here
Approach of the Second sunjust a couple more tutors thats itlast but not least
Mechanized Production/Hellkite tyrantthe biovisonary and epic struggle stuff works if the target is a creatureFractured Identity it works with leveler just as well as phage
2 weeks ago
I know it's expensive, but have you thought of Progenitor Mimic?
1 month ago
looks rad! +1 from me! sick mana base!
right now i'm prepping to add in infinite turns to my rashmi list. Time Warp, Temporal Manipulation and Time Stretch can go to grave; Eternal Witness, Archaeomancer, and Mnemonic Wall retrieve; then Deadeye Navigator, Progenitor Mimic, and Ghostly Flicker act as catalysts
after that it looks like low cmc control. Rewind is neat since you can leave open mana to Counterspell on another turn. most counterspells read "draw a card... counter target spell" assuming you don't hit something lower cmc.
that's what i love about rashmi. her raw power to chug along as you're just doing your thing: casting spells! if you do go the infinite mana route Thrasios, Triton Hero is a better candidate, but rashmi is less cliche. have fun with it! cheers!
1 month ago
And what both myself and enpc missed is that as soon as an aura becomes a creature it unattaches from the permanent or player (704.5q), then gets put into the graveyard for being an aura that isn't enchanting anything (704.5n), so it wouldn't exist to be copied by the Progenitor Mimic. Best I can think of is play Copy Enchantment not copying anything, then use your trick to make Progenitor Mimic a Copy Enchantment (again not copying anything), then each upkeep make a new Copy Enchantment, choosing to copy the Torment of Scarabs.
1 month ago
Although implied, I feel it should be stated that neither the Progenitor Mimic nor the tokens are artifacts or creature, but rather simply enchantments.
Also, the token curses are being put onto the battlefield without targeting, so they can enchant any player, even one with hexproof or shroud, and do not have to enchant the initially cursed player.
1 month ago
Found this forum post from a few years back. Short answer is yes.
Long answer is becuase of rule 201.5: "If an ability of an object uses a phrase such as this [something] to identify an object, where [something] is a characteristic, it is referring to that particular object, even if it isnt the appropriate characteristic at the time."
This means that the Progenitor Mimic's ability actually reads "At the beginning of your upkeep, if this object isn't a token, create a token that's a copy of this object."
1 month ago
1 month ago
Very nice deck! There's a decent amount of all cardtypes, I rarely see anything that I would change immediately. +1 for that! Since it's a voltron deck I would give you the advise to at least play Swiftfoot Boots or Darksteel Plate to protect your general. Also, Progenitor Mimic works really well in a blue green tribal deck! I'm sure you already thought about that card but Coat of Arms is another great way to pump your creatures. Maybe also try Riptide Replicator? Hope that helps!