|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Mythic Rare|
|Dragon's Maze (DGM)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
- Can flickering a card with echo avoid echo?
- Will a Pack Rat token made by a rat brought back by a whip of erebos have haste?
- Can Progenitor Mimic be a land generator?
- Progenitor mimic will become a land if copying an animated land, correct?
- Can I choose to copy Clone by Progenitor Mimic to get infinite cloning?
Creature — Shapeshifter
You may have Progenitor Mimic enter the battlefield as a copy of any creature on the battlefield except it gains "At the beginning of your upkeep, if this creature isn't a token, create a token that's a copy of this creature."
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Progenitor Mimic Discussion
1 month ago
Awesome! Thanks a lot bro! I don't know why WOG was still in, thought I had removed it..lol. The Disenchant is for my buddy that I playtest with. He always puts some stupid enchantment on my commander that makes them useless, so yeah, disenchant. The Boros Charm I just thought would be nice if I had some artifacts or mana dorks out at wrath time that I wanted to save.
Other than that, I scrounged up a Progenitor Mimic and a Stolen Identity. I will keep my eyes out for the rest of the stuff you suggested, I'll have to use whats I gots for now though. I appreciate the help buddy, thanks!
Side note, do you now much about how to best use Kruphix, God of Horizons mana storing ability? Can I just tap any unused lands I have each turn and store the mana on him with a dice, than use it any time I want? Cause that would be awesome.
2 months ago
Hey here are some suggestions on what to add and remove (there's 14 cards in all suggested to include, and 14 below to remove).
(Add) Siren Stormtamer, Spore Frog, Night Incarnate, Stitcher's Supplier, Living Death, Dimir Signet, Tatyova, Benthic Druid, Grisly Salvage, Mind Stone, Reclamation Sage, Farhaven Elf, The Mending of Dominaria, Viscera Seer, and Noxious Gearhulk.
Tracker's Instincts, Nevermaker, Millikin, Hesitation, Slum Reaper, Deranged Assistant, Demonic Vigor, Yavimaya Granger, Plague Boiler, Fertilid, Warped Landscape, Aether Spellbomb, Perpetual Timepiece, and Progenitor Mimic.
2 months ago
I'm making a Momir Vig, Simic Visionary deck and I'm looking for fun value engines and win conditions/locks. I am playing a LOT of elves and the hack combo, but I am going to use the combo to play most of the creatures in my deck, but I am not going all-in on the combo. I am probably going to go also in the direction of "build you're own Prophet of Kruphix" rout, with teferi, yeva, and Seedborn Muse. I've thought about the pickles lock, as well as winning with eldrazi like Ulumog, the cesceless hunger, but i'm wondering about other fun ways to win and value engines after iv'e gotten 90% of the creatures out of my deck or before i've comboed off. I do not want to buy createrhoof btw. Also what are all the Progenitor Mimic locks and synergies. Also i'm not sure if Deadeye Navigator would be nesesary, what are your thoughts on urban evelution and Bounty of the Luxa
BTW this is my meta: Krenko, a mono black discard deck, locust god, combo animar, kaalia, SAI thopters, phenax, ur dragon, rith tokens, soon-to-be sen triplets, GW bad humans, mill god, slivers, and kambal are the usual suspects.
I'm mostly worried about creatures.
for those who do not know what the hack combo is, here is a link to a primer. I would think most people know this but creatures that are green and blue trigger both of momir's abilities.
2 months ago
Hi! I'm personally a huge fan of Muldrotha as a commander; so first of all, nice choice! Here are some cuts and additions I'd recommend:
- Archetype of Endurance. This card is very powerful to be sure, but Muldrotha already needs a lot of mana to function, and you don't have very many ways to cheat it into play.
- Butcher of Malakir. Grave Pact and Dictate of Erebos are more expensive money-wise, but being cheaper on mana and also more resilient makes them much, much better.
- Deranged Assistant. It looks good at first glance, but it's a 2-mana dork, and you're not playing any of the 1-mana dorks anyways. The single-card mill is a very minor upside.
- Millikin. Same as above.
- Nyx Weaver. It can be very good, but it's just too slow. There are much better ways to mill yourself, and a 6-mana Regrowth is way too much mana.
- Progenitor Mimic. A powerful card to be sure, but this isn't the deck for it.
- Slum Reaper. I think this card is only really worth running in decks that badly need the 3rd Fleshbag Marauder. Shriekmaw is almost always going to be better.
- Aether Spellbomb. Looping it can be fun, but bouncing a creature is a terrible waste, and there are better ways to draw cards with artifacts.
- Perpetual Timepiece. This card was good on Game Knights when they were only using Standard cards, but we have better options.
- Plague Boiler. This card is also cool, but once again, we have better choices.
- Demonic Vigor. Fun with Muldrotha, but there is usually so much exile-based removal in Commander that this card isn't as good as you think.
- Hesitation. Sweet include, but looks a little too cute. Very easy to play around, and also counters your spells.
- Skeletal Grimace. Same as Demonic Vigor.
- Thrull Retainer. Same.
- Grave Pact / Dictate of Erebos
- Living Death
- Dimir Signet
- Siren Stormtamer
- Farhaven Elf
- Wood Elves
- Evolutionary Leap
- Altar of Dementia
- Ashnod's Altar
- Pelakka Wurm
- Kiora, the Crashing Wave
- Viscera Seer
- Carrion Feeder
- Glen Elendra Archmage (pricey, but very powerful)
- Nihil Spellbomb (secretly fantastic here)
- Sultai Charm
- Phyrexian Arena
Hope this helps! Feel free to leave a comment on my profile if you'd like further suggestions for this or any other deck! Good luck!
2 months ago
Have you thought about adding Progenitor Mimic to the deck? Its a little slow but it could net you a few really good abilities. An Altar of the Brood might help you get an alternate non-combat wincon in here too.
2 months ago
Drop from sideboard
2 months ago
Clone tribals have a low power ceiling, in my experience. I made one recently and it's lots of fun to play but not super competitive (partially due to budget though). Double-Visionary. Sometimes there aren't good threats on the field to clone and you're stuck with three clones in hand.
Green and Blue colors allow you to do things like Green Sun's Zenith, Mystical Tutor or Personal Tutor for Rite of Replication and Biovisionary (and/or Fabricate and Vedalken Orrery. Stuff like that.) to duplicate Biovisionary if you wanted to make the deck around that. Followed Footsteps and Progenitor Mimic are slow but in the right play group they could work. Gimmicky, but Green has all the creature tutors as well so you could make it work for your budget for sure. Load up with a few counterspells as well and you could force wins that way maybe.
Also, don't neglect playing your own huge creatures (works well with Rashmi's cascade ability as-is!) and cloning them too.
2 months ago
After taking a quick look at the build, I feel like Mimeoplasm wants more creatures in the list. Maybe ones that kind of impersonate what he can do, like Body Double, Mercurial Pretender, Evil Twin, Altered Ego, Clever Impersonator, and/or Progenitor Mimic.
As for cuts I think you have too many instants and sorcery cards in the deck, so maybe just trim down to your best.
Either way, build looks fun +1!