Creature — ShapeshifterYou may have Progenitor Mimic enter the battlefield as a copy of any creature on the battlefield except it gains "At the beginning of your upkeep, if this creature isn't a token, put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of this creature."
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$1.0||$2.99||$6.5||$12.96||1.0 TIX||10.0 TIX|
|Have (35)||Regigigas23 , Regulus1010 , miracle , FALLEN-X-ANGEL , zachi , gildan_bladeborn , ducttapedeckbox , benjibot789 , almerican , tmloyd , Tehbane1 , deatn1342 , bjornman , LabRattKing , Rugbyfh10 , Jay , balchj , mcstang1986 , TheRedMage , Comicalflop , rexxxif , RealShoppingCart , BobaDaKing , Heffrum , samk125 , Kingkevin102 , uhore , BlueSlime , MythicLegend , Kamae555 , 8BitNecromancer , WUBRG... , guerillarage , Skimm3r , TrumpetsforKings|
|Want (13)||Riders_of_Brohan , PTsmitty , eman , Orcinbob , Geoffercake , Feyd-Rautha , maiden77 , SBAlexanderM , SinisterGinger , sobedeito , golfboy51 , savarkumar , Dalektable|
Progenitor Mimic Discussion
2 days ago
4 days ago
Most certainly. Or you could 'mimeo' say... Rune-Scarred Demon and then Progenitor Mimic the 'mimeo'demon for 2 6/6 demons & 2 tutored cards & a tutor on a 6/6 flying stick at the beginning of your upkeep. This is my favorite strategy if the game lasts more than 10 rounds, because most removal has already been used by then. Sorry for filling your stream with topics unrelated to helping your deck.
5 days ago
Yeah I should have payed closer attention to the text but as for the whole cloning thing I might just scrap that idea although I do like Progenitor Mimic I just feel like it's too costly for this deck.
5 days ago
As someone already said, Jwari Shapeshifter only works for allies. If you have some way to make Stuffy Doll an ally, that works, but seeing as you are already running the colors, I would suggest Progenitor Mimic instead.
1 week ago
Effects that clone or make a token version of the Master Biomancer can make an enormous amount of counters very quickly. The Progenitor Mimic is the best for that but even a normal Clone would come in with +2 counters giving each incoming creature +6 counters minimum. A kicked Rite of Replication puts out 5 copies of the MB with 12 counters each...giving future creatures 72 counters minimum.
1 week ago
slime was in here and is definite going back in, I was just testing a theory lol
in the description i have slimy noted to put back in cause it is an amazing lando critter.
0.o oooo that's cool: taking note of Conjurer's Closet. that is like another Progenitor Mimic combo for continual land destruction. and its cheaper, harder to remove cause it ain't a creature, etc... cools thanks!
sylvin is a bit far out in mana range, there is a better one: Woodfall Primus. Sylvan Primordial, is a bit more cost. although mana ramps, if i can afford him than I don't need more mana. woodfall is two bodies and both entries is two lands gone, or whatever else i need to remove. he does cost 1 more, but in those large cast numbers what's one mo mana lols
1 week ago
Well, if you have Heartstone out, then you can go infinite. This is only one of the multiple combos that can work.
For instance, I cast Master Biomancer, then I cast Progenitor Mimic as a copy of Master Biomancer. Next, I cast Sage of Hours. He gets 6 +1/+1 counters. Next, you cast Deadeye Navigator soulbound with Sage of Hours to take infinite turns.
That is why Momir Vig, Simic Visionary is my commander. I am able to search for the right creatures at the right time depending on the cards in my hand.
If i have Heartstone in my hand, I search for Experiment Kraj and Pili-Pala. If I have a Xenograft, I search for Turntimber Ranger. I mostly search for Prophet of Kruphix in order to play multiple things on multiple turns.
All in all, if one combo goes down, I'm able to do other fun things without worry.
1 week ago
Progenitor Mimic vs Conjurer's Closet is interesting. I don't play Progenitor Mimic in this deck personally, because 6 mana is pretty high (so is 5), but it does seem better because it has an immediate impact, and it's more abuse-able.
Trostani's Summoner seems better now that you've described it here. I will say that while it might be a good include for your current build, it just isn't powerful enough for a 7 drop in my build. You may find as your deck gets faster that this card isn't efficient enough.
If you just added Mana Vault, then definitely leave it. It's extremely important to test new cards and ideas.
In your sideboard:
Nature's Claim is good, but creature density is important in this deck, so I would tend not to include this.
Creature removal that isn't Swords to Plowshares, Path to Exile, or a creature: Don't play it.
Beast Within is super helpful for me. Good to have an answer to Torpor Orb or Hushwing Gryff.
Nevermaker has been great for me.
Body Double and Mystic Snake are both strong.
The rest of those cards are iffy.
@obitus I understand that interaction. I was just referring to if you have Phyrexian Altar in play, Fiend Hunter in your GY, and Karmic Guide in hand: play guide, returning hunter, exile guide, sac hunter, guide returns, get hunter, exile guide, sac hunter, guide returns...you get the idea. It generates infinite mana.
In the context of combos for Roon, Phyrexian Altar is better than Ashnod's Altar because if they are both generating infinite mana, then Phyrexian Altar makes it colored. This isn't usually relevant, unless you've tapped out to make the combo happen, and you want to cast a Blue Sun's Zenith to kill someone. Ashnod's Altar is frequently better, but in this instance, the extra mana is irrelevant. It's there to both provide a combo and prevent your creatures from getting exiled. They are largely interchangeable though.
Mystic Snake is good, the only problem is if you don't have the engines to flicker it at instant speed, then that ability isn't as useful as it seems on paper. It is worth play though, and I agree with you that it's a pretty strong include.
|Power / Toughness||0/0|
|Avg. draft pick||4.28|
|Avg. cube pick||4.0|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Dragon's Maze||Mythic Rare|
- Can flickering a card with echo avoid echo?
- Will a Pack Rat token made by a rat brought back by a whip of erebos have haste?
- Can Progenitor Mimic be a land generator?
- Progenitor mimic will become a land if copying an animated land, correct?
- Can I choose to copy Clone by Progenitor Mimic to get infinite cloning?
- Master of Waves + Progenitor Mimic
- Mutavault + Progenitor Mimic
- Infinite Reflection + Progenitor Mimic + Vigor
- Infinite Reflection + Progenitor Mimic + Woodfall Primus
- Infinite Reflection + Mossbridge Troll + Progenitor Mimic
- Biovisionary + Progenitor Mimic
- Infinite Reflection + Progenitor Mimic + Terastodon
- Clone + Progenitor Mimic
- Master Biomancer + Progenitor Mimic + Sage of Hours
- Master Biomancer + Progenitor Mimic + Prophet of Kruphix
- Progenitor Mimic + Trostani, Selesnya's Voice
- Progenitor Mimic + Sylvan Primordial
- Acidic Slime + Progenitor Mimic
- Eternal Witness + Progenitor Mimic
- Kalonian Hydra + Progenitor Mimic
- Hydra Omnivore + Progenitor Mimic
- Progenitor Mimic + Scourge of Valkas
- Door of Destinies + Master of Waves + Progenitor Mimic
- Hellkite Tyrant + Progenitor Mimic
- Progenitor Mimic + Utvara Hellkite
- Doubling Season + Kalonian Hydra + Progenitor Mimic
- Progenitor Mimic + Sage of Hours
- Lost Auramancers + Progenitor Mimic
- Doubling Season + Progenitor Mimic
- Goblin Rabblemaster + Progenitor Mimic
- Progenitor Mimic + Terastodon
- Axebane Guardian + Doorkeeper + Progenitor Mimic
- Giant Adephage + Progenitor Mimic + Rite of Replication
- Eternal Witness + Progenitor Mimic + Time Stretch
- Mirari's Wake + Progenitor Mimic + Clever Impersonator
- Clever Impersonator + Mirari's Wake + Progenitor Mimic
- Bronze Tablet + Progenitor Mimic
- Clever Impersonator + Followed Footsteps + Progenitor Mimic
- Progenitor Mimic + Zhur-Taa Ancient
- Followed Footsteps + Progenitor Mimic
- Opalescence + Primal Vigor + Progenitor Mimic
- Opalescence + Progenitor Mimic
- Keiga, the Tide Star + Progenitor Mimic
- Progenitor Mimic + Rage Forger
- Forest + Progenitor Mimic + Unexpected Results
- Parallel Lives + Progenitor Mimic + Riku of Two Reflections
- Arbiter of the Ideal + Progenitor Mimic + Tidal Force
- Avenger of Zendikar + Progenitor Mimic
- Prime Speaker Zegana + Progenitor Mimic
- Iona, Shield of Emeria + Progenitor Mimic
- Deranged Hermit + Parallel Lives + Progenitor Mimic
- Parallel Lives + Progenitor Mimic
- Avenger of Zendikar + Progenitor Mimic + Purphoros, God of the Forge
- Progenitor Mimic + Vesuvan Shapeshifter
- Prime Speaker Zegana + Progenitor Mimic + Reliquary Tower
- Beguiler of Wills + Progenitor Mimic
- Artisan of Kozilek + Progenitor Mimic
- Jugan, the Rising Star + Progenitor Mimic