Creature — ShapeshifterYou may have Progenitor Mimic enter the battlefield as a copy of any creature on the battlefield except it gains "At the beginning of your upkeep, if this creature isn't a token, put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of this creature."
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$2.05||$3.19||$7.88||$11.99||1.18 TIX||11.21 TIX|
|Have (21)||ducttapedeckbox , B1ITZ3D , Regigigas23 , gildan_bladeborn , Regulus1010 , KillDatBUG , HavokX , Hellhawk , miracle , maiden77 , FALLEN-X-ANGEL , benjibot789 , LabRattKing , vishnarg , djsniperwolf , IcehawkFFC10 , bjornman , WUBRG... , MadEngie , nintendowryyy , TheRedMage|
|Want (4)||fuckin_martians , PTsmitty , llfr , Riders_of_Brohan|
Progenitor Mimic Discussion
21 hours ago
Cuts: Drift of Phantasms, Erratic Portal, Fyndhorn Elder, Primal Command, Spawnsire of Ulamog, Words of Wind, Biovisionary, Squall Line, Azusa, Lost but Seeking, Everflowing Chalice, Terrain Generator, Glacial Chasm, Nourishing Shoal. None of these really promote the goal of ramping fast, drawing tons, and generally outcasting everybody around you.
- Prime Speaker Zegana, Consecrated Sphinx, Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur - draw powerhouses.
- Mulldrifter - seriously? Flying fish is such a workhorse
- Coiling Oracle, Sakura-Tribe Elder - best 2cmc creature ramp
- Green Sun's Zenith, Chord of Calling - tutor-creature-into-play, tons of targets, both are worth running.
- Tooth and Nail - your call, but this is a game-ender you should play here.
- Clever Impersonator, Phyrexian Metamorph, Phantasmal Image, Body Double, Progenitor Mimic - don't forget your clones. Also Phantasmal Image is a 2nd way to go infinite with Palinchron.
- Terastodon - I prefer over Bane of Progress. Targeted destruction.
- Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir - another way to flash creatures out, also lets you combo out without interruption, or at least go ham without interruption.
- Gyre Sage - if you want dorks, way better than Fyndhorn Elder.
- Psychosis Crawler, Laboratory Maniac - draw to win
- Zameck Guildmage - might be a worthwhile draw engine, test it out.
- Experiment Kraj - could do some work here, especially with a Vorel untap-bullshit sub-theme. Although I generally consider all the UG generals mutually exclusive, with the exception of Prime Speaker Zegana who works in any 99.
- Helix Pinnacle - win-con if you want it
- Exploration/Burgeoning - more and more of a fan of 1cmc ramp enchantments such as these. Carpet of Flowers is sweet too.
- Crystal Shard - if you still want the effect, but you don't really need two and Erratic Portal is worse.
- Recurring Insight - I'm a fan, try it out here.
- Kiora, the Crashing Wave - defs worth running
- Nature's Lore - don't forget Skyshroud Claim's little brother.
6 days ago
1 week ago
I actually used to run simic evolve in standard... managed to crush the tournaments, so here is what I will recommend. Master Biomancer is very strong and definitely helps with evolve. I'd sub our rapid hybridization for gyre sage though, and perhaps get rid of shambleshark for another win con like Progenitor Mimic because progenitor on hydra really is what makes people concede. I had fun while in standard. Good idea, I have everything but the lands D: don't really want to buy expensive lands either but like I said, great idea. I maybe want to consider taking out some of the weak cards splashing in white for Archangel of Thune and Silverblade Paladin or something with double strike but like I said great idea!
2 weeks ago
Minor correction @JLenzen: In the red section, the mana cost of Murasa Pyromancer is wrong, also it should be (last line of Tuktuk Scrapper) "wreak havoc"
Cards to look out for for potential strong synergies are imo:Cloning: Infinite Reflection, Clever Impersonator (decently flexible), Mirror Mockery, Parallel Lives, Polymorphous Rush, Progenitor Mimic, Twinflame
Manasink/Finisher: Craterhoof Behemoth, Dragon Throne of Tarkir, Flying Crane Technique, Gavony Township, Heroes' Bane, High Sentinels of Arashin, Kessig Wolf Run, Primal Surge, Savageborn Hydra, Setessan Tactics to solve a stall, Akroma's MemorialHydras obviously are meh when you have the possibility of Chameleon Colossus and Mirror Entity to sink Mana into, but maybe the wind up being somewhat useful in one way or another.
Flexible/CA: Domri Rade, Dromoka's Command, Kolaghan's Command, Mentor of the Meek, Ojutai's Command, Chord of Calling, Garruk, Caller of Beasts, Return to the Ranks, Creeping Renaissance, Retribution of the Ancients
Other Neat Effects: Corpsejack Menace, Descendants' Path, Gleam of Authority, Hardened Scales, Illusionist's Bracers, Ivorytusk Fortress, Kruphix, God of Horizons, Master Biomancer, Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, Ooze Flux, Prophet of Kruphix, Ready / Willing, Ulvenwald Tracker, Vault of the Archangel, Xenagos, the Reveler, Door of Destinies, Kalonian Hydra, Obelisk of Urd, Shield of the Avatar, Strionic Resonator
Maybe also Riders of Gavony as a specific Sideboard Card. I would look into the charms as sideboard options, specifically Rakdos Charm seems like it usually ensures a win against Twin Combo while also providing graveyard and artifact hate.
3 weeks ago
I love it. Before it left standard, I was planning on making a ramp deck with Stuffy + Progenitor Mimic but never got around to it.
As for this, how about Lightmine Field? It can stop attacks and help you get damage through.
3 weeks ago
new changes made:
took in: 1x Capsize and 1x Nature's Claim because- capsize is a great Card, even without using buyback. tried it in case of Snap and it works fine.- NC is good for fast artifact/enchantment removal and this way i dont Need to fire my Beast Within for those sort of spells and can Focus on creatures and planeswalkers
1 vs 1 against b/w orzhov assassin deck:
it was the same Opponent like last week (we remeber, i lost 0-2). this time, i won 2-0. the structure was very simple and i think i learned how to Play.
first game i got Sylvan Caryatid, Plaxcaster Frogling and Spike Weaver out early and locked the field. i had counterspells in Hand, but he didnt get a mass removal spell. he played Archon of Justice and his assassin Combo but wasnt able to reach my creatures. i was able to reach lategame where i finished him with Progenitor Mimic into Archon of Justice.
second game was nearly the same. i took a Mulligan and got Sylvan Caryatid and Plaxcaster Frogling out early. he played High Priest of Penance and Royal Assassin, but he wasnt able to get through the hexproof/shroud mechanic. midgame i got out Vedalken Mastermind and Master Biomancer, then i Worldly Tutored into Primordial Hydra and this was the finish 2 turns later.
what i have learned:b/w in this art is one of the worst matchups for this deck. so much creature-hate produced with pure field presence is very hard. if yu dont draw exactly what you Need, all your creatures get + EOT every round. well, because of that it seems important to reach Plaxcaster Frogling as soon as possible.
oh, we have another match i had played:
3 Person chaos round (each vs. each) against b/w assassin deck and g/w token army deck
- well, let me just say, this g/b is a F****ing beast in multiplayer. Sylvan Caryatid and Plaxcaster Frogling came out early. Demonic Tutor into Prophet of Kruphix during midgame was the path to victory, cause i hold Capsize in Hand. the capsize answered every hard Situation. Experiment Kraj got his Moment but he did not shine in relation to Progenitor Mimic. i will take him out as soon as i got a second Forgotten Ancient, who reached the powerhouse-status in this deck... this Little guy is just amazing.
3 weeks ago
Thanks SirFowler! I think that Deadeye Navigatorfits best in a blink deck where the goal is to abuse the "enters the battlefield trigger as much as possible (Brass Herald has a home there too). But with that said, I don't think it has a place in this build.
But if you want to abuse that mechanic, go talk to Progenitor Mimic ;-)
|Power / Toughness||0/0|
|Avg. draft pick||4.28|
|Avg. cube pick||4.02|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Dragon's Maze||Mythic Rare|
- Can flickering a card with echo avoid echo?
- Will a Pack Rat token made by a rat brought back by a whip of erebos have haste?
- Can Progenitor Mimic be a land generator?
- Progenitor mimic will become a land if copying an animated land, correct?
- Can I choose to copy Clone by Progenitor Mimic to get infinite cloning?
- Master of Waves + Progenitor Mimic
- Deranged Hermit + Parallel Lives + Progenitor Mimic
- Jugan, the Rising Star + Progenitor Mimic
- Infinite Reflection + Progenitor Mimic + Vigor
- Infinite Reflection + Mossbridge Troll + Progenitor Mimic
- Clone + Progenitor Mimic
- Acidic Slime + Progenitor Mimic
- Progenitor Mimic + Terastodon
- Phyrexian Obliterator + Progenitor Mimic
- Kalonian Hydra + Progenitor Mimic
- Hydra Omnivore + Progenitor Mimic
- Door of Destinies + Master of Waves + Progenitor Mimic
- Biovisionary + Paradox Haze + Progenitor Mimic
- Infinite Reflection + Progenitor Mimic + Woodfall Primus
- Hornet Queen + Master Biomancer + Progenitor Mimic
- Doubling Season + Progenitor Mimic
- Giant Adephage + Progenitor Mimic + Rite of Replication
- Bronze Tablet + Progenitor Mimic
- Acidic Slime + Progenitor Mimic + Tooth and Nail
- Progenitor Mimic + Scourge of Valkas
- Keiga, the Tide Star + Progenitor Mimic
- Avenger of Zendikar + Progenitor Mimic
- Prime Speaker Zegana + Progenitor Mimic
- Conjurer's Closet + Progenitor Mimic
- Biovisionary + Progenitor Mimic
- Glen Elendra Archmage + Progenitor Mimic
- Eternal Witness + Progenitor Mimic
- Deadeye Navigator + Progenitor Mimic
- Infinite Reflection + Progenitor Mimic + Terastodon
- Progenitor Mimic + Sylvan Primordial
- Phyrexian Ingester + Progenitor Mimic + Tooth and Nail