Creature — Shapeshifter
You may have Progenitor Mimic enter the battlefield as a copy of any creature on the battlefield except it gains "At the beginning of your upkeep, if this creature isn't a token, put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of this creature."
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price 0%||Cardhoarder (O) Price|
|$2.5||$4.08||$6.99||$12.0||0.81 TIX||4.87 TIX|
|Have (13)||Regulus1010 , Dadaman11 , zachi , gildan_bladeborn , pskinn01 , crusader4321 , Skimm3r , mcstang1986 , Monsmtg , miracle , Goombill , benjibot789 , Galdelonian|
|Want (4)||Riders_of_Brohan , danfike , Cyborgskeleton , jamin|
Progenitor Mimic Discussion
4 days ago
Progenitor Mimic for phantasmal will be good.
Urabrask the Hidden is a phenomenal search for haste.
Ixidron is my best removal and it shouldnt hurt me too much because i should have tokens of most of my creatures. it also deals with almost every creature threat
Temur Ascendency i agree with.
Devil's Play is great removal and can kill people late game with flashback.
and Restock is more so for getting things back. if there's a better form i will gladly replace it
4 days ago
- Progenitor Mimic - I think it is to slow, maybe Phantasmal Image instead, (combo wtih Palinchron)?
- Urabrask the Hidden - I dont know, never liked this preator, I think even Swiftfoot Boots will be a good replacement
- Ixidron - pretty stange creature, and it hurts yours
- Temur Ascendancy
- Devil's Play - If you use it for winnig with inf. mana, I would reccomend to use something like Blue Sun's Zenith instead
- Restock - bad card
1 week ago
Its an incremental threat deck that when the countdown reaches 7, 8, 9. Your win is assured. If you can't win by 7 alone which is Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite, there is still 8 drops that would make sure to let your opponents know you are still a threat, Avacyn, Angel of Hope or Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger. now if those three power houses isnt enough then 9 will surely do the trick Iona, Shield of Emeria
Use derevi's untap abilities to make sure to untap Yisan, the Wanderer Bard or Birthing Pod to get the creatures you need on the way towards 7, 8, 9. To get more value rather than just one activation per turn.
Most of the deck's creatures are also legendary so Time of Need or Captain Sisay will tutor most of the solutions you need to ramp or when you still don't have Yisan, the Wanderer Bard or Birthing Pod in your hand or in play.
This deck is mostly littered with single target removals since the theme of this deck is that you are the threat, you dont need board wipes when you'll always be the threat.
Count Down Cycle:
Serra Ascendant : Early threat used by Yisan
Birds of Paradise : Ramp
Bloom Tender : Ramp
Sakura-Tribe Elder : Ramp
Qasali Pridemage : Remove some annoying artifact or enchanments + aggro
Scavenging Ooze : Graveyard removal for pesky reanimate opponents
Stonecloaker : Graveyard removal for pesky reanimate opponents or save you creature before it gets exiled by bring it back to your hand
Farhaven Elf : Ramp
Mirror Entity : Super Aggro
Geist of Saint Traft : 3 drop threat
Yisan, the Wanderer Bard : Your threat tutor
Captain Sisay : Tutor for 80% of the creatures on the deck
Altered Ego : Copy your own threats or an opponent's
Glen Elendra Archmage : Protect yourself from removals or mass removals recommended to clone
Grand Arbiter Augustin IV : Gives you a boost while slow downs enemies
Karmic Guide : Retrieve back your threats that the opponents killed
Momir Vig, Simic Visionary : Slower creature tutor but redundancy is a must
Azami, Lady of Scrolls : Replenish your hand again
Saffi Eriksdotter or your clones
Acidic Slime : Remove some annoying artifact or enchanments + maybe a land
Prime Speaker Zegana : Replenish your hand
Realm Seekers: Threat + Ramp
Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite : Wipe or weaken the opponent's board + strengthen your threats
Avacyn, Angel of Hope : Make your threats even harder to kill
Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger : Make your opponents skip their lands from untapping if they try to solve your boardstate + double mana
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
Speaking as someone who has spent the last two years playing with a five-color superfriends deck and also uses Progenitus as his commander, I feel like I've got some nice insight for you.
For starters, you mention in your description that Progenitus is sort of a backup plan. I see that you have discovered Fist of Suns, which is great! The secret to Progenitus making him a much stronger win condition is Rafiq of the Many. He fits perfectly between the curve of playing 3-mana Fist of Suns, 4-mana Rafiq, and 5-mana Progenitus. 22 Commander Damage GG start shotgunning people off the table.
I see that you're not playing any creatures in this deck. Maybe it's because you've got a theme in mind and you're desperately trying not to run any creatures at all. I can tell you of a few that might change your mind.
- Academy Rector: This is the big one. It dies very easily by the hand of your own planeswalkers like Vraska the Unseen, Gideon Jura, and Ral Zarek, as well as from some of your own board wipes. It can pick up a Doubling Season right from your deck into play, as well as a Dream Halls or even Omniscience if you manage to get one for this deck.
- Narset, Enlightened Master: With few creatures, she's very worth playing. Even getting just one attack with her in this deck will average at least one, if not two planeswalkers. And when you get 3 or 4 walkers with her... LET ME TELL YOU... that is some broken shit.
- Maelstrom Wanderer: Can be pretty damn good with walkers. Gives tokens that they produce as well as your Progenitus haste as well. It's honestly just a very difficult card to deal with. Then again, you could just run Maelstrom Nexus as well.
- Progenitor Mimic: You know what's better than your opponent's Avenger of Zendikar? Many of yours.
- Eternal Witness: Just a solid 10/10 card. With Progenitor Mimic, can easily become infinite turns if there's a Time Warp or the like in your graveyard.
Since I get the feeling that you are trying to steer clear of creatures entirely as one of the main focuses to the build, I'll leave the creature suggestions as short as that, but I have plenty more if you're interested.
Another thing I noticed your deck is lacking is two of the most powerful tools that superfriends decks can use: Extra turns and proliferate.
- Time Warp
- Time Stretch (only 5 mana with Fist of Suns
- Contagion Engine (untappable with Ral Zarek, Tezzeret, and Teferi)
- Inexorable Tide
I'm sure, as a fellow superfriends player, you can agree that the most powerful thing you can be doing is sneaking in ultimate abilities without your opponents expecting it during their previous turns. These tools allow you to do that.
40 lands is pushing it. You should drop some of those for some mana ramp spells. I see you have Sol Ring, Chromatic Lantern, Mana Vault, Mirari's Wake, and Exploration. That's 5. You should be trying to pick up about 4 or 5 more of those kind of things. Look for some of these, knowing that I want to suggest Birds of Paradise and Sylvan Caryatid, but I'm holding my tongue because I don't think you like creatures... :P
- Gilded Lotus: pairs well with The Chain Veil (and potentially Contagion Engine) and the ability to untap them with some of your walkers.
- Coalition Relic: Hard to find for trade, but worth it. Can add two mana of any color on the turn after you play it.
- Skyshroud Claim: "Forest Cards" are a key phrase here. Gets dual lands like Bayou and Tropical Island untapped. Ranger's Path is similar, but puts them into play tapped.
- Farseek: Gets any dual land or shockland in your entire deck.
- Nature's Lore / Three Visits: Solid ramp spells getting "forest cards" untapped, including dual lands like Breeding Pool.
Some of the cards in your deck that I feel should be replaced.
- Batterskull: Not even playing Stoneforge Mystic. Not great with your End Hostilities. This could just be a ramp spell.
- Bitterblossom: Cool with Skullclamp I guess. You have Demonic Tutor to help put these two together, but I don't imagine either of these is often your DT target, and you're not running Enlightened Tutor. Not bad for making blockers for your superfriends, but you already have so many walkers that produce blockers on their own. Outside of early game, it's not very threatening or impactful. You're probably not killing anyone with these 1/1 tokens. Flying isn't very impressive when 60% of the creatures used in this format have flying anyway.
- Dream Halls: It can backfire with allowing your opponent to combo off without spending mana. Omniscience is safer and honestly not that difficult to resolve if you increase your mana ramp package. Also, Fist of Suns lets you play Omniscience for just 5 mana. Academy Rector if you're willing to do it. + for the GG instant speed two-mana omniscience.
- Akroma's Vengeance: Probably better served as Descend upon the Sinful. You don't wanna destroy your mana rocks in passing by accident. You can use Austere Command for that purpose, or a Fracturing Gust if you feel you need that function. Fracturing Gust being an instant is extremely relevant and has won me games.
In closing, I have to admit that our builds are a lot different. I use about 10 creature spells, and I have cut down to about 20 planeswalkers instead of 30. I picked the walkers that gave me card advantage and control over the ones that mainly just produced blockers for the most part. For example, I've cut the following walkers from my deck over time.
- Xenagos, the Reveler: Never pivotal enough. Never made much of a difference with his mana ability because I would keep the board in check with wraths.
- Ajani, Mentor of Heroes: Down to about 20 walkers, his planeswalker search ability wasn't as consistent as it might be in your build. I would often whiff, and his three +1/+1 counters ability is usually largely irrelevent.
- Ajani Vengeant: When it comes to keeping something tapped, it was never quite as powerful as Tamiyo. When it comes to removal, it was okay, but never killed anything pivotal like Vraska could. Over time, I felt he was underwhelming.
- Garruk, Apex Predator: I usually don't need to destroy a planeswalker. Making 3/3's with deathtouch would have been cool if this planeswalker didn't cost seven mana. Destroying a creature is nice and all, but creature removal is covered with my board wipes. I need my planeswalkers to be like Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury which destroys things that Wrath of God cannot. His ultimate only targets a single opponent.
- Gideon Jura: "Hey you have to attack gideon!" ... "Okay gideon dies." Never lasted very long. Again, creature removal on my walkers is cool, but that's already covered by my sweepers.
There's a few on your list that I haven't yet tried. Some of which is because I've never owned one, and others of which are because I never felt they're worth the chance. It might surprise you that I still haven't cut Ajani Steadfast though. He turns Progenitus from a three turn clock to a two turn clock, and can sneak in planeswalker ultimates. I've found that he's actually pretty legit.
The best walker though, is Liliana Vess. MVP for sure. Tutor on a walker is overpowered.
Hope this has helped! Happy building!
2 weeks ago
nocshaThanks! I've considered Phantasmal Image and Progenitor Mimic before. I just prioritized purchasing other cards before them. Though I did get an Altered Ego recently, and being uncounterable and possibly entering with +1/+1 counters seems fitting. What do you think?
3 weeks ago
Always glad to help! I feel the same about Azusa, but I can't abandon it, because it allows explosive way to start the game. As an alternative there is Oracle of Mul Daya, it can compete in value with Azusa, because it gives you card advantage.
I would consider to cut these cards: Draining Whelk, Chancellor of the Spires, Progenitor Mimic, Cryptic Command. Have you considered Nature's Claim? It can replace Krosan Grip, for gaining more speed in your answers.
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Dragon's Maze||Mythic Rare|
- Can flickering a card with echo avoid echo?
- Will a Pack Rat token made by a rat brought back by a whip of erebos have haste?
- Can Progenitor Mimic be a land generator?
- Progenitor mimic will become a land if copying an animated land, correct?
- Can I choose to copy Clone by Progenitor Mimic to get infinite cloning?
- Deranged Hermit + Parallel Lives + Progenitor Mimic
- Progenitor Mimic + Rage Forger
- Eternal Witness + Progenitor Mimic
- Mutavault + Progenitor Mimic
- Infinite Reflection + Progenitor Mimic + Vigor
- Infinite Reflection + Progenitor Mimic + Woodfall Primus
- Master Biomancer + Progenitor Mimic + Prophet of Kruphix
- Prime Speaker Zegana + Progenitor Mimic
- Avenger of Zendikar + Progenitor Mimic
- Kalonian Hydra + Progenitor Mimic
- Progenitor Mimic + Trostani, Selesnya's Voice
- Hydra Omnivore + Progenitor Mimic
- Biovisionary + Progenitor Mimic
- Doubling Season + Kalonian Hydra + Progenitor Mimic
- Clone + Progenitor Mimic
- Doubling Season + Progenitor Mimic
- Hornet Queen + Master Biomancer + Progenitor Mimic
- Acidic Slime + Progenitor Mimic + Tooth and Nail
- Jugan, the Rising Star + Progenitor Mimic
- Goblin Rabblemaster + Progenitor Mimic
- Infinite Reflection + Mossbridge Troll + Progenitor Mimic
- Biovisionary + Paradox Haze + Progenitor Mimic
- Phyrexian Obliterator + Progenitor Mimic
- Giant Adephage + Progenitor Mimic + Rite of Replication
- Acidic Slime + Progenitor Mimic
- Bronze Tablet + Progenitor Mimic
- Progenitor Mimic + Scourge of Valkas
- Keiga, the Tide Star + Progenitor Mimic
- Master of Waves + Progenitor Mimic
- Arbiter of the Ideal + Progenitor Mimic + Tidal Force
- Progenitor Mimic + Utvara Hellkite
- Conjurer's Closet + Progenitor Mimic
- Parallel Lives + Progenitor Mimic
- Avenger of Zendikar + Progenitor Mimic + Purphoros, God of the Forge
- Phyrexian Ingester + Progenitor Mimic + Tooth and Nail
- Progenitor Mimic + Terastodon
- Glen Elendra Archmage + Progenitor Mimic
- Door of Destinies + Master of Waves + Progenitor Mimic
- Progenitor Mimic + Sylvan Primordial
- Deadeye Navigator + Progenitor Mimic
- Infinite Reflection + Progenitor Mimic + Terastodon