Creature — ShapeshifterYou may have Progenitor Mimic enter the battlefield as a copy of any creature on the battlefield except it gains "At the beginning of your upkeep, if this creature isn't a token, put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of this creature."
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price||Cardhoarder (MTGO) Price|
|$2.14||$3.28||$6.5||$11.75||1.18 TIX||11.21 TIX|
|Have (15)||gildan_bladeborn , Regulus1010 , HavokX , Xathrid845 , ducttapedeckbox , LabRattKing , IcehawkFFC10 , vishnarg , benjibot789 , Represser , KillDatBUG , FALLEN-X-ANGEL , WUBRG... , miracle , Darkspawn0226|
|Want (3)||PTsmitty , Riders_of_Brohan , Pulseman|
Progenitor Mimic Discussion
alecm on Vorel Power
1 week ago
Some advice/suggestions, coming from another Vorel player:
Cyclonic Rift is pretty much a blue staple in edh, great in multiplayer games, and worth finding a spot for.
Lightning Greaves give shroud, which is occasionally an inconvenience with Vorel. I find the benefits far outweigh this small downside, though, and is worth including.
Deadeye Navigator is fine, but you don't have very many etb triggers to use/abuse. He's almost only there for the Palinchron combo. I didn't find Deadeye to be very useful in my deck, but if you're set on running him I recommend adding more etb utility, so that he's not a dead draw 99% of the time. I have the same feelings about Biovisionary.
Lux Cannon didn't do much when I played it. Optimal scenario you destroy 1-3 permanent(s) a turn, but if your opponent lets you get to that point you should have already won. Consider Magistrate's Scepter, as optimal scenario you win the game in 2 turns, with a lot less setup.
You have quite a hefty control package, which is fine if that's the direction you'd like to go in. Consider adding creatures that can (sort of) do control things while still having counters for Vorel to beef up, like Draining Whelk or Spike Weaver.
Sage of Fables and Zameck Guildmage are ok at drawing cards. Champion of Lambholt, Plaxcaster Frogling, Triskelion, Sporeback Troll, Spike Feeder are all solid creatures with counters. I've opted for cards that have/utilize counters over "G/U good stuff" (Murkfiend Liege, Progenitor Mimic), because a thing with counters and Vorel can win the game by themselves. When your opponent has to kill every creature you play, they run out of answers pretty fast.
I'm noting a distinct lack of hydras in the deck. While there's no need to go nuts with them, there are certainly a few whose abilities make them extremely valuable in the deck. Consider Hooded Hydra, Kalonian Hydra, Primordial Hydra and Managorger Hydra.
I tried to play some high-costing artifacts like Ring of Three Wishes and Eternity Vessel, but they usually just got blown up before I could get anything out of them. If your playgroup lets you get away with them, go for it, but maybe keep some ideas for when they start killing them on sight. Note that I'm not saying cards that get removed immediately are bad, just that for the huge investment/risk these cards require, you can probably find a safer/more consistent bet.
2 weeks ago
Player B Activates Mikokoro, Center of the Sea
From what I understand, this creates 3x initial 'events'
"Player A draws a card"
"Player B draws a card"
"Player C draws a card"
If I understand Replacement effects, the following happens...
Player A's draw... initially becomes:
"Player A skips this draw, Player B draws a card" (due to Progenitor Mimic).
This then becomes:
"Player A skips this draw, Player B skips this draw, Player A draws a card." (Due to Notion Thief)
This then becomes:
"Player A skips this draw, Player B skips this draw, Player A skips this draw, Player B draws a card." (Due to token copy of Progenitor Mimic)
No further replacements apply. (All possible replacements have already applied once)
Player B's draw becomes:
"Player B skips this draw, Player A draws a card." (Due to Notion Thief)
Then it becomes:
"Player B skips this draw, Player A skips this draw, Player B draws a card." (Due to Progenitor Mimic)
No further replacements apply. (Token has not applied a replacement to this event, but cannot replace the current event, so it does not need to)
Player C's draw can work one of 2 ways...
Player C can choose to apply either Notion Thief's replacement or one of Player B's two replacement options.
Choosing Notion Thief, it becomes:
"Player C skips this draw, Player A draws a card." (Due to Notion Thief)
Then it becomes:
"Player C skips this draw, Player A skips this draw, Player B draws a card." (Due to Progenitor Mimic)
No further replacements apply. (Token has not applied a replacement to this effect, but does cannot replace the current event, so it does not need to)
If Player C chooses a Progenitor Mimic, it instead becomes:
"Player C skips this draw, Player B draws a card." (Due to Progenitor Mimic)
Then it becomes:
"Player C skips this draw, Player B skips this draw, Player A draws a card." (Due to Notion Thief)
Then it becomes:
"Player C skips this draw, Player B skips this draw, Player A skips this draw, Player B draws a card." (Due to token)No further replacements apply. (each replacement has already been applied and can only be applied once.)
Is the above correct?
Long winded way to say Player B draws all 3 cards, yes.... but I want to ensure I understand what is actually happening, and why.
2 weeks ago
Love the deck! Roon is one of my favorite commanders and I'm looking into making him my most competitive deck myself =).
Depending on your budget, Craterhoof Behemoth, Thragtusk, Spike Weaver, Tooth and Nail, Eladamri's Call, Tooth and Nail, Venser, Shaper Savant, and Glen Elendra Archmage are absolutely INSANE in a Roon deck!
Really love the deck and how you opted for more of a control/counter type style of play. +1 from me!
2 weeks ago
Mirror Gallery is awesome. I had been considering it but it's not a must run. flicker is the biggest sub theme. I took out Venser, the Sojourner but wouldnt mind if he made a return. Clever Impersonator and Phyrexian Metamorph dont have to copy creatures. Two or 3 Conjurer's Closets would be nice. we can argue over clones later but let the record show that I like Progenitor Mimic and Evil Twin. My main goal is to trigger Reaper King all the time. I dont want the deck to play the same every time. demonic tutor for conspiracy into and avenger of zendikar wont be fun. Rite of Replication targeting my general triggers his Vindicate ability 25 times... cloning The King isnt necessarily a bad thing. Mirrorworks and copy my changelings as they enter the battlefield? I want chaos and to be a huge problem for everyone. I want to ramp and be aggressive.
3 weeks ago
Crazy amount of Progenitus because they don't target.
Just sayin' :)
|Power / Toughness||0/0|
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Dragon's Maze||Mythic Rare|
- Can flickering a card with echo avoid echo?
- Will a Pack Rat token made by a rat brought back by a whip of erebos have haste?
- Can Progenitor Mimic be a land generator?
- Progenitor mimic will become a land if copying an animated land, correct?
- Can I choose to copy Clone by Progenitor Mimic to get infinite cloning?
- Deranged Hermit + Parallel Lives + Progenitor Mimic
- Infinite Reflection + Progenitor Mimic + Vigor
- Infinite Reflection + Progenitor Mimic + Woodfall Primus
- Master Biomancer + Progenitor Mimic + Prophet of Kruphix
- Progenitor Mimic + Trostani, Selesnya's Voice
- Acidic Slime + Progenitor Mimic
- Progenitor Mimic + Terastodon
- Kalonian Hydra + Progenitor Mimic
- Hydra Omnivore + Progenitor Mimic
- Biovisionary + Progenitor Mimic
- Doubling Season + Kalonian Hydra + Progenitor Mimic
- Clone + Progenitor Mimic
- Doubling Season + Progenitor Mimic
- Hornet Queen + Master Biomancer + Progenitor Mimic
- Acidic Slime + Progenitor Mimic + Tooth and Nail
- Infinite Reflection + Mossbridge Troll + Progenitor Mimic
- Master of Waves + Progenitor Mimic
- Avenger of Zendikar + Progenitor Mimic
- Giant Adephage + Progenitor Mimic + Rite of Replication
- Eternal Witness + Progenitor Mimic
- Bronze Tablet + Progenitor Mimic
- Biovisionary + Paradox Haze + Progenitor Mimic
- Progenitor Mimic + Sylvan Primordial
- Progenitor Mimic + Scourge of Valkas
- Keiga, the Tide Star + Progenitor Mimic
- Glen Elendra Archmage + Progenitor Mimic
- Progenitor Mimic + Rage Forger
- Arbiter of the Ideal + Progenitor Mimic + Tidal Force
- Progenitor Mimic + Utvara Hellkite
- Parallel Lives + Progenitor Mimic
- Avenger of Zendikar + Progenitor Mimic + Purphoros, God of the Forge
- Phyrexian Ingester + Progenitor Mimic + Tooth and Nail
- Prime Speaker Zegana + Progenitor Mimic
- Conjurer's Closet + Progenitor Mimic
- Phyrexian Obliterator + Progenitor Mimic
- Door of Destinies + Master of Waves + Progenitor Mimic
- Jugan, the Rising Star + Progenitor Mimic
- Infinite Reflection + Progenitor Mimic + Terastodon
- Deadeye Navigator + Progenitor Mimic