Creature — Shapeshifter
You may have Progenitor Mimic enter the battlefield as a copy of any creature on the battlefield except it gains "At the beginning of your upkeep, if this creature isn't a token, put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of this creature."
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|TCGPlayer.com Price 3%||Cardhoarder (O) Price|
|$2.49||$3.59||$6.99||$11.74||0.63 TIX||5.59 TIX|
|Have (13)||Regulus1010 , Dadaman11 , gildan_bladeborn , Randomdeath , ducttapedeckbox , pskinn01 , Skimm3r , djsniperwolf , LabRattKing , zachi , Gedrulion , 8BitNecromancer , RealShoppingCart|
|Want (5)||PTsmitty , Kravian , Riders_of_Brohan , Arashisenko , ajmcnulty|
Progenitor Mimic Discussion
1 hour ago
Now I don't know if you're looking for suggestions but I have helped build one of these before and the most important thing I've constantly found I've wanted to do was trigger Rally at instant speed and to control what I was going to be doing with my next few turns, that's why my major advice leans to adding Leyline of Anticipation, Vedalken Orrery, and Munda, Ambush Leader. Now I also have a much larger list of things I would suggest changing about, stick with me here it's a bit large :/.
Remove: Twilight's Call, Gravepurge, Cloudshift, Reconnaissance, Day of Judgment, Lightning Greaves, Nephalia Smuggler, Mind's Eye, Exclusion Ritual, Patriarch's Bidding, Graypelt Hunter, Sun Titan, Drana's Emissary, Murasa Pyromancer, Kor Bladewhirl, Archetype of Imagination, Grim Tutor, Seascape Aerialist
Replace with: Debtors' Knell, Joiner Adept, Chromatic Lantern, Prismatic Omen, Wrath of God, Leyline of Anticipation, Vedalken Orrery, Rhystic Study, Return to Dust, Sheoldred, Whispering One, Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite, Progenitor Mimic, Possibility Storm, Halimar Excavator, Munda, Ambush Leader, Ondu Cleric, Tajuru Warcaller, Talus Paladin
Now if you have any questions as to why I chose those cards to either come out/go in feel free to ask. Also I recognize that you are working on building this slowly but the big money ones that I suggested truly are worth their price (having tested them all in multiple different styled playgroups). Otherwise looks pretty good so far and a great big welcome to the Commander community, if you also have any questions regarding Commander feel free to ask.
1 week ago
Druid's Deliverance's dependency is simply to heavy-- only eight cards in the deck interact with it. You might consider Progenitor Mimic. And, as much as you want to play Frost Lynx, Pestermite is probably better just because of flash and evasion.
That's what I'd do if it were my deck.
1 week ago
Looks pretty good. +1.
How's the mana base? Could Opulent Palace make it more reliable?
Bioshift seems relevant.
Fathom Mage might be cut - by the time you cast this, you are less likely to have spells in your hand, so you'll have to rely on draws. Hopefully, it won't have that much time to trigger before you win. I wonder if this might be replaced with Harmonize.
If I were to point to other cards you might consider cutting to make room for Predator Ooze, I'd suggest looking at your creatures with U in the mana cost. Actually, I suggest you consider removing blue from the deck altogether.
Cloudfin Raptor - I imagine you include this an alternate to the Birds of Paradise plan outlined in your description. But you've got trample with Tuskguard Captain, so I don't know if you need another 1-drop flyer. Also, it's U, which to me seems like the weakest color in this deck.
Master Biomancer - It's a good card, but I don't think it fits the deck super well. For starters, making all your creatures Mutants doesn't do anything. And wouldn't you just as well have a lovely indestructible Predator Ooze on the battlefield a turn earlier? It's got U in the cost and only half the card does anything - is it better than cards without U in the mana cost? I don't think so.
Progenitor Mimic this card is straight up bad ass. But there's only one of them, so losing it if you cut U wouldn't change that many games.
Prophet of Kruphix - this is badass card and the hardest to see any flaw in, aside from its high CMC. I imagine it's sideboarded as a surprise threat. But I'd say it seems like a mainboard creature to me. Like I would mainboard it or cut it.
Sideboard counterspells - I'm not good with counterspells. I just can't stand leaving mana open to cast them and then not getting a chance. But Black offers a lot of removal and disruption that could do just as well a job. Cards like Despise and Duress are a little more proactive and free up your mana to cast your creatures.
So I think you could cut Blue. It would make your mana base more consistent and free up some space for other cards you're considering, as well as a few more utility spells.
1 week ago
No worries! Just looking to help ya out! Wouldn't want ya to copy a creature who's p/t is 0/0! On-attack triggers are my favorite things to abuse with Infinite Reflection, such as Bane of Bala Ged among others.
And you could throw in Biovisionary, just to be rude.
2 weeks ago
Yo!!! I built a mind control deck if you wanna check it out! it annoys the crap outta people Ooooh Shiny!!! It's Mine Now.
The all-stars in that deck are definitely SAC outlets. You need em. Birthing Pod is absolutely hilarious when you sac another dude's creature. Perilous Forays is just dirty when you sac one of their creatures to get a land. Even better when Roil Elemental is out. Ashnod's Altar can just net you tons of mana. Kruphix, God of Horizons also helps you save that mana and pairs well with Greater Good.
Seedborn Muse is also a must in this deck. To uncap all the things on your turn is priceless. Especially with Deadeye in play, instant speed sac outlets and ETB steal effects. Vedalken Orrery is awesome now that Prophet of Kruphix is banned.
Progenitor Mimic and all clones are just value. I loved seeing them all in your decklist. Keep them so you can clone your creature stealers.
Perhaps for equipment you can use Hero's Blade. Think about it. Play that turn 2. Play Yasova turn three. 8/4 with trample by turn 3. Eww. it also helps with her stealing ability also.
2 weeks ago
Descendants' Path is excellent in any tribal deck running green.
Shard Convergence can actually find shocks and the new BFZ/Oath duals, I run all ten shocks in my Ally deck. If you switch to shocks, Gem of Becoming isn't bad.
Fellwar Stone is a good mana rock for rainbow decks.
Some really good Allies:
Instants that also trigger Ally abilities:
I think there are two others, but they suck.
Mutavault Tapping it to activate it's own ability gives you an extra creature for X = number of Ally triggers, and it will gain any benefits that your other Allies gain if you want to swing with it.
2 weeks ago
I would suggest removing some of the fillers (i.e. Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger, even though it is just a sexy card) for cards that could ad a bit of diversity to the deck. It could help it flow a little easier with other decks you may be playing against. Here are a few topics I would consider working on:
- Win cons: Myr Battlesphere, Avenger of Zendikar (tokens for dayyyyyyys)
- ETB Copy Cats: Clever Impersonator, Mercurial Pretender, Phyrexian Metamorph, Body Double, Progenitor Mimic (this guy is insane), and, of course, Clone.
- Removal: Venser, Shaper Savant, Banisher Priest, Fiend Hunter, Terastodon, Riftwing Cloudskate
- Infinite Mana with Deadeye Navigator: Peregrine Drake, Great Whale, Palinchron
- Draw power: Prime Speaker Zegana, Mulldrifter, Coiling Oracle, Vendilion Clique
- Ramp: Wood Elves, Satyr Wayfinder, Solemn Simulacrum
- Control: Mystic Snake, Voidmage Husher
- Utility: Derevi, Empyrial Tactician (yes its unbanned!), Chancellor of the Spires, Diluvian Primordial
3 weeks ago
I love seeing people run Viral Drake in Ezuri. Even if you decide to change the infect theme, the ability to proliferate your experience counters is invaluable. To that end, I would suggest also running Inexorable Tide and Fuel for the Cause.
My Ezuri deck is much more heavily into token generation. I run cards like Pentavus and Triskelavus for instant speed token generation, and of course, dumping 40 counters onto Triskelion is always amusing. Fungal Sprouting, Mycoloth, and Feed the Pack are excellent midgame cards that rapidly jump Ezuri's experience counters from single digits to triple digits.
If you'd rather stick with the infect theme, I'd suggest copying effects such as Blade of Selves, Progenitor Mimic, and Rite of Replication. Master Biomancer can play off Blade of Selves REALLY well, if you equip the blade to whatever infect creature you want to swing with.
Ezuri can be ridiculously strong without making it use that mechanic that will make half the Magic players you meet want to smack you in the mouth. Might be fun to oneshot everyone at the table just a few turns in, but if it gets you kicked off the table, it's not worth building it. Granted, that's my playgroup. Yours might not care. :P
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Dragon's Maze||Mythic Rare|
- Can flickering a card with echo avoid echo?
- Will a Pack Rat token made by a rat brought back by a whip of erebos have haste?
- Can Progenitor Mimic be a land generator?
- Progenitor mimic will become a land if copying an animated land, correct?
- Can I choose to copy Clone by Progenitor Mimic to get infinite cloning?
- Deranged Hermit + Parallel Lives + Progenitor Mimic
- Progenitor Mimic + Rage Forger
- Eternal Witness + Progenitor Mimic
- Mutavault + Progenitor Mimic
- Infinite Reflection + Progenitor Mimic + Vigor
- Infinite Reflection + Progenitor Mimic + Woodfall Primus
- Master Biomancer + Progenitor Mimic + Prophet of Kruphix
- Prime Speaker Zegana + Progenitor Mimic
- Avenger of Zendikar + Progenitor Mimic
- Kalonian Hydra + Progenitor Mimic
- Progenitor Mimic + Trostani, Selesnya's Voice
- Hydra Omnivore + Progenitor Mimic
- Biovisionary + Progenitor Mimic
- Doubling Season + Kalonian Hydra + Progenitor Mimic
- Clone + Progenitor Mimic
- Doubling Season + Progenitor Mimic
- Hornet Queen + Master Biomancer + Progenitor Mimic
- Acidic Slime + Progenitor Mimic + Tooth and Nail
- Jugan, the Rising Star + Progenitor Mimic
- Goblin Rabblemaster + Progenitor Mimic
- Infinite Reflection + Mossbridge Troll + Progenitor Mimic
- Biovisionary + Paradox Haze + Progenitor Mimic
- Phyrexian Obliterator + Progenitor Mimic
- Giant Adephage + Progenitor Mimic + Rite of Replication
- Acidic Slime + Progenitor Mimic
- Bronze Tablet + Progenitor Mimic
- Progenitor Mimic + Scourge of Valkas
- Keiga, the Tide Star + Progenitor Mimic
- Master of Waves + Progenitor Mimic
- Arbiter of the Ideal + Progenitor Mimic + Tidal Force
- Progenitor Mimic + Utvara Hellkite
- Conjurer's Closet + Progenitor Mimic
- Parallel Lives + Progenitor Mimic
- Avenger of Zendikar + Progenitor Mimic + Purphoros, God of the Forge
- Phyrexian Ingester + Progenitor Mimic + Tooth and Nail
- Progenitor Mimic + Terastodon
- Glen Elendra Archmage + Progenitor Mimic
- Door of Destinies + Master of Waves + Progenitor Mimic
- Progenitor Mimic + Sylvan Primordial
- Deadeye Navigator + Progenitor Mimic
- Infinite Reflection + Progenitor Mimic + Terastodon