|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
, : Put target creature on the bottom of its owner's library. That creature's controller reveals cards from the top of his or her library until he or she reveals a creature card. The player puts that card into play and the rest on the bottom of his or her library in any order. Play this ability only any time you could play a sorcery.
Proteus Staff Discussion
4 days ago
Wow, this is neat. I've been looking for a deck to abuse Proteus Staff , and this deck does that and more. This is an oddball deck for sure, and I love the various lines to victory.
The deck seems really, really well tuned. I'm having a bit of a hard time suggesting improvements. Have you considered Gitaxian Probe ? It basically just slims your deck down by one card, while also letting you know if one of your opponents do or do not have answers before you try going off. (Especially when casting the second Approach--checking the blue deck for counterspells ahead of time can be very helpful!)
I'm not sure which is better, actually, but what are your thoughts on Austere Command versus Cleansing Nova ? I'm not sure if one less mana (and becoming odd!) makes it better than the flexibility of Command.
2 weeks ago
- Assume Aurelia, the Warleader isn't in your library.
- Proteus Staff can put a token creature created by Metallurgic Summonings on the bottom of the library. The token ceases to exist.
- You reveal all the cards in the library. Since there isn't a creature card, you put ALL the cards back in ANY order. Meaning you can put Beacon of Tomorrows on top.
- You use Narset to cast the Beacon of Tomorrows without paying its mana cost, making another token and giving you an extra turn.
Extra turn comes around, you repeat the process.
2 weeks ago
I don't understand how Proteus Staff has any way to generate extra turns in the combo you have listed. Please explain?
4 weeks ago
- If I activate the ability of Proteus Staff with a token creature, and there are no creatures in my library, do I:
- Reveal all the cards in my library and then order them as I see fit?
- Attempt to reveal cards that don't exist, thus making my turn unending?
There's no ruling on the gatherer, so I must ask it here.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Sorry for spaming, but I really like messing around with Aminatou Another idea. I know your deck focus on blinking, but I think that top deck manipulation is worth consider too, even a little. A lot of creature with etb have high mana cost, so I added card like Cloudform and Primordial Mist so I can manifest some big creature like Emeria Shepherd or just make land I don't need into 2/2. Then you could transform this usless 2/2 into samothing good with Proteus Staff, what do you think?
1 month ago
mmlgamer and AgentJackjohn sorry for the late response, must have completely missed your comments when you posted them... we actually already made the swtich when the set came out, we just never updated our TappedOut decklist.
Najeela, the Blade-Blossom is not only easier to cast in every situation, but if we can get an early attack without killing her then the warrior token is an excellent target for Proteus Staff later in the game when we start our combo.
She also makes our combo much easier to assemble since we previously needed at least 5 mana to combo because casting General Tazri was basically a necessity, whereas now we are capable of the combo with only 3 mana (we will still want more than 3 mana, but needing 2 less mana for a combo piece can give us our combo up to 2 turns earlier).
Proteus Staff occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%