|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Cauldron of Souls
: Choose any number of target creatures. Each of those creatures gains persist until end of turn. (When it dies, if it had no -1/-1 counters on it, return it to the battlefield under its owner's control with a -1/-1 counter on it.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (16)||rebelteddybear , gildan_bladeborn , brokendwarf , pskinn01 , rockleemyhero , , Vasbear1 , mazrimtaim , rikertchu , Tiddilywinkus , Kvothe1115 , Sergal , Nemesis , DarkMagician , Friedrice24 , joshw335|
|Want (2)||SeditiousCanary , Desol4tion|
Cauldron of Souls Discussion
18 hours ago
I don't see why Mindcrank and a few other cards are in there if you aren't planning on milling people down, from your description it seems like thats not what you're going for, if you are, Traumatize. But I'd recommend sticking with lifedrain and good old fashion beating people over the head with lots of zombies. Phenax, God of Deception is cool, but don't try to do that and lifedrain zombies.
Look at Dralnu, Lich Lord because its amazing, same goes for Semblance Anvil, Possessed Skaab, Call to the Kindred, Ever After and Lim-Dul's Vault is broken. Obelisk of Urd is a tribal deck's best friend.
There are better wipes for this deck than Coastal Breach and you are a bit low on removal. Malicious Affliction and Dash Hopes are very good and fun. Get rid of Imprisoned in the Moon. Another thing you can do for removal is use Fleshbag Marauder, have it sac itself, then cast it from the graveyard. Stronghold Assassin too. Cauldron of Souls Can help you dodge board wipes and is a cool card to have. Perplex is fun too. And Mimic Vat
Arcane Adaptation is neat but there are much better cards that you can use. Black Market isn't as good as it seems because your mana empties before you can use it for anything good most of the time. Empty the Pits is very expensive, but if you can make it work, do it.
Your nonbasic lands are also really slow and you may need more lands in general, 36ish is about where you want to be. Look at Choked Estuary and Command Tower or cards that lower costs like Jet Medallion.
I know I've suggested to add a lot more cards than I suggested to take out, and I've never really even tried to give deck advice before, but I hope I at least gave you some ideas.
1 week ago
I love slivers more than most players. It seems like your deck has a lot of slivers in it, which is good, but I feel like in some cases you need an reason to put it in besides the fact that it's a sliver. I run a bizarre kind of sliver token deck though, so in mine, I only run 17 or so slivers, so take everything I have to say with a grain of salt.
Slivers that aren't that great:
- Blade Sliver
- Dementia Sliver (I guess if you like it, you should keep it)
- Essence Sliver (this one sounds nuts, but I run Aura Shards over this, simply because it's strictly better. There is the fact that you can't tutor for it with overlord, but for me, I have the problem that essence sliver doesn't have "may," so sometimes I end up killing a lot of my own stuff. Still there's an argument to be made for it.
- Screeching Sliver (I just don't know why this card is in here. It seems like a pretty non-synergistic effect. I also feel like even if you had a lot of slivers, it would take you an ass ton of time to mill someone out by tapping them all in EDH)
Other things to take out:
- Staff of Nin (I like this card in mono-red, but that's about it. since you have access to all the colors, there's a huge amount of cards you have access to that are just better than this card. Find something that works well with your deck. I like Fecundity, but I'm in tokens. There's a lot in blue that are great. Mind Unbound will draw you a lot of cards (a lot more than the staff). and has the same CMC, but it does have double blue. I even like Phyrexian Arena in this deck.
- Hive Stirrings. (I'm in sliver tokens and I don't really love this card. Just a lot of other effects i'd rather have for 3 mana. Maybe a Mirror Entity or an Phyrexian Arena)
- Venser's Journal (I love this card, but not in this deck. I just feel like there's not enough card draw, hand size shenannagins to make use of this card. If you added like 10 more card draw spells then sure, good pick)
Stuffs to Add:
(Note: given the sliver legion and queen, it seemed like money wasn't much of an issue, so some of these picks aren't exactly budget)
- Brood Sliver (Where is this guy? seriously, he's great.)
- Cryptolith Rite (take out Springleaf Drum. Cryptolith Rite costs one more and is strictly better.)
- Amoeboid Changeling (I think I know what you're going for with Unnatural Selection. If you want though, you can even tutor it out, since amoeboid is a changeling and therefore a sliver. I only do this when I feel like I absolutely have to or I feel like being a dick. depends on your meta, but I try not to overuse this ability too much.)
- Crypt Sliver (just...yes....)
- Crystalline Sliver (this has a downside if you need to target your stuff, so don't drop it unless you need to. I feel like this is a better slot in than blade sliver or some of the lower end pumps. If you need to, only play him when you already have a sliver with a sac outlet on the battlefield)
- Mesmeric Sliver (depending on how many slivers you can drop, this gets pretty nuts. just always make opponents draw land.)
- Shifting Sliver (THIS MUST GO IN. Like seriously though. just drop this and win.)
- Coat of Arms (Most EDH decks only have access to one of these effects, but yours can have access to two with sliver legion in the deck too. I know this pumps everyone's tribal, so just have more of your tribe and you're good. Also you only have to drop this when you want to swing for lethal. Might be a good slot instead of Venser's Journal or something.)
Some nuts busted cards:
- Cryptic Gateway. (this is nuts. I love it)
- Cauldron of Souls (this is a super underrated card. When I go in and retune my deck, this is going in)
- Wild Pair (since you like cryptic gateway, you might like this card. didn't make it into mine, because i'm pretty low on slivers, but slivers always have the same power and toughness, making it really easy to use this card.)
Great deck. I'd love to hear what you think of my sliver tokens deck. I haven't tweaked it in a while so there's some obvious slot in's from Ixalan at least that need to go in. http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/make-tokens-great-again/
Thanks for sharing :)
3 weeks ago
About that 2040364's idea using Cauldron of Souls to "technically double the effects of Grim Haruspex and Fecundity" I got that he plans to tap the cauldron AS RESPONSE to the triggered "die effect" of a 0/0 creature hitting the field, right? If that so, then wouldn't it only be good for a ONE CREATURE SAVING? I mean, u would tap it to give PERSIST to a dying guy and thus that guy would pop back to the field and die again, giving you an extra draw for each Haruspex or Fecundity in play. But that is it. You couldn't "double the draws" for "every creature that you played", 'cause they didn't came to the field at same time and, once the cauldron is tapped this strategy is over. Right? I'm asking this because, if it really goes this way, then I don't think that adding the cauldron is worth for this deck, it would be more like a "cool effect", adding poorly to the general combo (and god knows how baddly a combo deck need to gather its combo pieces and cannot give away card slots to tricks, right).
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
LVL_666 I just use 3 Norins since they are legendary. I think this is good. Propaganda seems perfect anyway, thank you dude! :) Genesis Chamber could be difficult, when Cowardice is in the game. Maybe you can help me out with the card-quantity and the Manacurve? For istance, I just use single cards of Cauldron of Souls or Warstorm Surge, because of their high mana costs. Also I don't use 4x Cowardice to prevent dead high Mana cards in my hand in the early game. Would you agree with that so far?
1 month ago
1 month ago
1 month ago
you should give the deck categories like r/g or beasts or something so more people will see it.