: Gain .
, : Gain one mana of any colour in your commander's color identity. If you spend this mana to cast your commander, it enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the number of times it's been cast from the command zone this game.
|Have (2)||orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , Mythbuster_42|
|Want (2)||arashikageclan , jowerobb|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Opal Palace Discussion
4 weeks ago
I actually thought of a few more cuts that I don't think require any reimagining of what the deck could/should be doing. No major shakeup or anything.
- Nim Deathmantle You know I don't like this card, but despite my personal preference I really don't think it belongs here. I know you want to protect your commander, and I know you want to play equipment that add to his power, and I know you can more easily keep 4 mana open in a reactive spellslinger blue deck like this. That said, Neither Trinket Mage nor Trophy Mage can fetch it, and your commander builds up counters and the deathmantle will make them fall off. If you were to stick with a 2 mana equipment I prefer Ring of Evos Isle which will boost your commander over time and can equip and keep the hexproof open for cheaper than the deathmantle. I also like Runechanter's Pike as a cheap way to get potentially lorge. And for a 3 mana artifact you can tutor, Champion's Helm seems like an ideal replacement.
- Fall of the Titans When you haven't gone infinite Fall asks A LOT for the benefit of being an instant. And if you have gone infinite, it only has 2 targets so it might not get you there. Jaya's Immolating Inferno has 3 targets so actually finishes the game if you go infinite, and if your commander has like 5 counters on it will deal a lot more damage. Drown in Dreams is another good one if you go big and game winner if you go infinite, just because you can draw 50 cards, mill one player 100 cards, and finish the other two off with another card you just drew.
- Supplant Form is neat but a single bounce likely doesn't slow your opponent down much, their creature probably isn't that good in your deck, and the bookkeeping thing again with making a token copy of someone else's creature is always annoying irl. So how about another spell that just keeps the engine running smoothly? Vedalken Orrery like the Leyline I recommended before frees you up generally but also helps facilitate day/night switching, but is pretty expensive. If that's an issue, Zaffai, Thunder Conductor is another fun card you could be playing who gets you scry bonuses all the time, Elementals for pretty big spells, and throws around 10 damage for the really big ones!
- Bonders' Enclave I just don't see this triggering reliably. Like it is bad when you are losing, when your commander is small or dead, which could be half the game! Mikokoro, Center of the Sea is like my favorite land, is cheaper to activate, can be done under any circumstances, and you can use it as a political tool to garner goodwill! Alternatively given that your commander loves +1/+1 counters Opal Palace seems like a no brainer and should actually go in here even if you have to cut a Mountain.
4 weeks ago
Looking over the deck and playtesting it a few times I have what I consider a pretty exhaustive maybe list with some cards being worth considering and discussing and a few being real treasures! Here is the full list and if I did it right hopefully all the cards are links.
- Call the Skybreaker
- Cascade Bluffs
- Champion's Helm
- Coalition Relic
- Commander's Plate
- Contagion Clasp
- Darksteel Plate
- Deflecting Swat
- Door of Destinies
- Drown in Dreams
- Elementalist's Palette
- Expanded Anatomy
- Expansion / Explosion
- Fanning the Flames
- Fierce Guardianship
- Finale of Revelation
- Fists of Flame
- Flux Channeler
- Force of Will
- Galazeth Prismari
- Haze of Rage
- Izzet Boilerworks
- Jaya's Immolating Inferno
- Jeska's Will
- Leyline of Anticipation
- Lonely Sandbar
- Lunar Frenzy
- Mana Drain
- Mana Geyser
- Metallic Mimic
- Midnight Clock
- Mikokoro, Center of the Sea
- Mystic Remora
- Mystic Sanctuary
- Oona's Grace
- Opal Palace
- Prismari Campus
- Reality Ripple
- Reality Shift
- Rhystic Study
- Ring of Evos Isle
- Riverglide Pathway Flip
- Runechanter's Pike
- Sage of Fables
- Scour from Existence
- Sea Gate Restoration Flip
- Seething Anger
- Shatterskull Smashing Flip
- Spark Double
- Storm-Kiln Artist
- Swiftfoot Boots
- Sword of Truth and Justice
- Temple of Epiphany
- Tezzeret's Gambit
- Tyrite Sanctum
- Unleash Fury
- Valakut Awakening Flip
- Vedalken Orrery
- Volcanic Island
- Volcanic Vision
- Wandering Archaic Flip
- Whispers of the Muse
- Zaffai, Thunder Conductor
1 month ago
Hey, there's not much to say yet as this is just a list of cards you want to play, nice Swordtooth. Most of what you have so far on the low budget is good, but Decree of Savagery is not playable and Sun-Crested Pterodon, Elfhame Palace, Stone Quarry are really lackluster.
Do you own Gishath? I don't see him here, but I do see Atla. If you don't own Gishath then he's really not worth getting for $20 if you're on such a low budget. Atla is a fine Commander for Dinos and you have her. For $20 you could get many budget cards that are good with Atla rather than just Gishath.
Atla and Gishath will play very differently. Gishath is more straight forward, ramp and Dinos. Atla is more complex since you want ramp, sac outlets for Eggs and Dinos. Marauding Raptor is a combo Dino with Atla to kill an Egg right when it ETB. It also triggers enrage when a Dino ETB.
Some budget Dinos to consider adding:
- Marauding Raptor
- Quartzwood Crasher
- Apex Altisaur
- Ripjaw Raptor
- Thrasta, Tempest's Roar
- The Tarrasque
- Runic Armasaur
- Thrashing Brontodon
- Ranging Raptors
Some budget cards that have good interactions with Atla and/or Dinos or are ramp:
- Mirror Entity: is a Dino, is an Egg, can turn all creatures you control into Eggs, is a sac outlet.
- Garruk's Uprising: repeatable draw when Dinos ETB and give all Dinos trample.
- Goblin Bombardment: sac outlet for Eggs and each Egg that's saced can do 1 damage to another Egg to kill it too.
- Swiftfoot Boots: haste and hexproof protection for Atla.
- Arcane Signet: staple budget mana rock.
- Fellwar Stone
- Fertile Ground
- Wild Growth
- Farseek with Cinder Glade, Canopy Vista and Alpine Meadow.
- Forerunner of the Empire: puts the Dino on the top of your library to then sac an Egg. It can also kill Eggs.
- Mwonvuli Beast Tracker: puts the Dino with trample on the top of your library to then sac an Egg.
- High Market: sac outlet.
- Tyrite Sanctum: repeatable to make Atla bigger with +1/+1 counters and then give her indestructible.
- Fanatical Devotion: sac outlet and protection from most removal.
- Court of Bounty: can cheat a Dino from your hand onto the battlefield as well as be repeatable draw at your end step.
- Battlemage's Bracers: haste and double the Egg trigger of Atla.
- Fires of Yavimaya: haste enabler for all creatures you control including tokens.
Some budget land upgrades to consider:
- Exotic Orchard
- Path of Ancestry
- Jungle Shrine
- Opal Palace: cast Atla with it to give her one or more +1/+1 counter.
- Unclaimed Territory
- High Market
- Tyrite Sanctum
- Battlefield Forge
- Cinder Glade
- Canopy Vista
- Alpine Meadow
- Game Trail
- Fortified Village
Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
Hey, your deck looks good, except the manabase, it looks neglected.
My suggestions are how to improve the manabase on a budget. Some upgrades to consider:
- Exotic Orchard --> Stone Quarry
- Haven of the Spirit Dragon --> Tranquil Expanse
- Battlefield Forge --> Wind-Scarred Crag
- Cinder Glade --> Rugged Highlands
- Canopy Vista --> Temple of Plenty
- Alpine Meadow --> Temple of Triumph
- Game Trail --> Temple of Abandon
- Fortified Village --> 1x Forest
- Furycalm Snarl --> 1x Mountain
- Naya Panorama --> 1x Mountain
- Opal Palace --> 1x Forest
- Ash Barrens --> 1x Plains
- Command Beacon --> 1x Mountain
By adding Glade, Vista and Meadow then Farseek could replace Rampant Growth as a land ramp spell upgrade since Farseek can search for a dual land to help color fixing. Glade and Vista will also make Skyshroud Claim better.
Good luck with your deck.
6 months ago
Hey, well done on a $50 budget. You have good card sense if you're new on such a low budget.
I will try to match my suggestions with cards to consider cutting that are close to or equal in price. Some changes to consider:
- Sol Ring --> Swords to Plowshares
- Arcane Signet --> Syphon Mind
- Arguel's Blood Fast Flip --> Succumb to Temptation
- Sephara, Sky's Blade --> Seraph of the Scales
- Righteous Valkyrie --> Deathpact Angel
- Angelic Accord --> Promise of Bunrei
- Firja, Judge of Valor --> Luminous Angel
- Soul Warden --> Imperious Oligarch
- Victimize --> Defy Death
- Make a Stand --> Doom Blade
- Emerge Unscathed --> Cast Down
- Command Tower --> 1x Plains
- Caves of Koilos --> Temple of Silence
- Path of Ancestry --> 1x Plains
- Tainted Field --> 1x Plains
- Orzhov Basilica --> 1x Plains
- Opal Palace --> 1x Plains
Swords to Plowshares is the most expensive card here and you have many other removal spells to make up for not having it. Sol Ring is a staple mana rock in Commander and it's more ramp that can help to cast high CMC Angels. With Angels repeatable low mana cost ramp is more important then a single creature removal spell.
Good luck with your deck.
7 months ago
SWappING Opal Palace , Tainted Strike , Reaper of Sheoldred , Simic Signet , Necroskitter , and Commander's Sphere for Arcane Signet , Fellwar Stone , Fynn, the Fangbearer , Emergent Ultimatum , Grafted Exoskeleton , and Labyrinth of Skophos
7 months ago
In order to idealize this a bit more, I would suggest altering your mana base. You have 10 lands that tap for colorless mana. This will definitely get in the way of casting your commander as soon as possible, as well as making it difficult to cast cards out of your hand. Arcane Lighthouse and Detection Tower are great in control decks, but not so much in aggro decks. For an aggro deck, the best removal is player removal. Forge of Heroes , Opal Palace , and Unstable Frontier aren't really that good either. You don't need your commander to be big since she's flying and probably won't die in most combat situations. I would suggest more dual lands, if you have them, or at least Terramorphic Expanse and Evolving Wilds . You won't have much fun if you can't cast your commander or any of the color heavy cards in your hand.
7 months ago
A hidden gem for Liesa is Opal Palace . It will progressively add more counters to Liesa each time you recast her which helps with recovering the life lost from her avoiding commander tax and makes her a scarier voltron threat.