For each creature target player controls, put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of that creature.
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Clone Legion Discussion
2 weeks ago
It's not really fair to suggest a bunch of additions to a deck without suggesting some cuts, so the ones I am seeing so far are:
- Clone Legion This is a huge spell but not necessarily a game ender when for 9 mana it probably should be. If it doesn't end the game, it will create a bookkeeping nightmare of tokens that are copies of a variety of creatures that don't have haste and are permanent. Seems the most straight across replacement would be Insurrection which for 1 mana less steals ALL creatures (not just one player's), gives them haste, and guarantees you have all the power and your opponents have no blockers. You should be able to end most games that way or at least take out a player or two, or just wait a little longer until that is the case.
- Diluvian Primordial A very expensive creature with no cost reduction, no tribal support, no flash or anything to keep it flexible, and it allows you to cast one spell from each opponent's graveyard? Your spells should be better than theirs. you don't need their spells. Certainly not at this cost. My straight across replacement recommendation? Spark Double! If you have your commander out, this seems like the best creature you could possibly cast!
- Double Vision 5 mana is a lot to spend on an enchantment that does nothing on its own, and when it is really good it is kind of a win more card. What this card needs more from an enchantment is more stuff to do early game and more repeatable card draw, so it may be cliche but you could put Mystic Remora or Rhystic Study here and I'm sure they would prove useful to keeping the deck fueled.
- Foil Seems like the worst of your counterspells, and you already have a lot! You want one you can cast for free? Force of Will, Fierce Guardianship, and Deflecting Swat are all likely better but expensive. Mana Drain too. But IMO, you already have plenty of counterspells and could use more stuff to trigger day/night so I recommend Leyline of Anticipation here so you can make it night on your turn easy and keep all your tools available at all time. Not to mention dropping creatures and artifacts and stuff right before your turn to protect them!
- Galecaster Colossus I'm not sure what another 7 mana creature is doing in this spell slinger deck. You wanna tap out for this on turn 8? No. I found a few other Wizard synergies that would probably work better like Sage of Fables or Metallic Mimic, but probably the Wizard that I would hate seeing the most here and is therefor probably correct is Fatespinner. This will also encourage a lot more day/night flipping I imagine when some people have to skip their main phase!
- Homeward Path Are you worried about your commander being stolen? That doesn't seem like a likely occurrence in our meta, and even less likely with all the counterspells and protection equipment you are playing. Instead how about Tyrite Sanctum? You can put a counter on Vadrik at instant speed repeatably for a low price, and when the time comes you can make him Indestructible permanently!
- Stifle I find this effect is often too small to be worth running defensively. You could replace it with a slightly bigger version like Disallow, Trickbind, Interdict, or Squelch. You could also replace this with kind of anything proactive and I have a lot of suggestions that could go here with Commander's Plate probably being the safest and Galazeth Prismari being the wildest! (He allows you to tap your equipment for mana!)
- Theoretical Duplication I just don't think copying your opponent's creatures for the turn (or more likely creature, singular) is that strong. And the bookkeeping again. You know what IS frustratingly strong? Capsize. Oof. I kinda hate myself for recommending it though. Alternatively if you wanna buyback something fun how about Seething Anger, Haze of Rage, or Lunar Frenzy to build up a huge Vadrik turn!
And a few basic lands for some of the nonbasics I recommended. Also we probably have too many Mountains given that 73% of your mana costs are blue. That's a good start I think at tweaking this deck!
3 weeks ago
A "copy legion" themed Sliver deck seems like an awesome idea that I would love to help come into fruition. Copy spells that I think would be all-stars in this deck would be:
- Reflections of Littjara: This card would likely be the heavy lifter for copy effects. It's a triggered ability that only requires you to cast stuff, which you really want to do in this deck.
- Rite of Replication: This is a big splashy spell that can really get your army going. A good target for this spell would be Predatory Sliver, and Muscle Sliver.
- Clone Legion: Seems like a good clone spell
- Double Major: Seems like a good clone spell
- Quasiduplicate: Seems like a good clone spell
- Stolen Identity: Seems like a good clone spell
- Mystic Reflection: This spell is interesting because when changing a creature an opponent casts to a Sliver (like their commander), you could just outright steal it using your commander's second ability.
Additional cards i'd suggest are:
Panharmonicon: Doubling copy triggered abilities always seems like a good idea.
That's it off the top of my head. Honestly i've never seen a copy focused Sliver deck. This seems exciting! I'll be watching your list as it grows and changes.
1 month ago
Golos really embodies Timmy edh in that sense of 'I don't care what I'm casting as long as it's big and flashy!', doesn't he? :D
I have a few ideas and comments, in no particular order.
Expropriate seems like it would be one of the big ones for a bit more pay-to-win oomph.
I think Field of the Dead is amazing in Golos decks, since your five colour edh land base is unlikely to contain many duplicate names. It's not the wincon it apparently was in... Historic? But it generates a very steady stream of chump blockers. It's apparently still like $10, though.
Emergent Ultimatuming up a board wipe and Fated Return sadly only works if Golos for some reason is already in the graveyard, since you cast the two spells immediately and will need to choose targets for Fated Return before the wipe resolves. You can of course get some other big thing that's died during the course of the game.
The flat damage spells (Sorin's Vengeance, Searing Wind) seem weak - they only impact the game if someone is already at 10 or less life, and even then only if they're currently the threat. I'd look to those if you need to make cuts for higher quality cards.
Rise of the Dark Realms and Clone Legion are a few ways to get instant boards. Both work very well if you can sneak in an Eternal Witness (or Archaeomancer) as they can recur the little creature for infinite fuel, even though you're of course unlikely to cast either more than once per turn.
Omniscience is a great way to get all the fat spells in your hand to actually be useful. It's wonderful if you get it off of Golos, but perfectly OK to hard cast before emptying your hand of bombs.
I know you're mostly going for instants and sorceries - is there a reason for this? You don't have to have one, but there are a lot of nice permanent bombs that fit the Golos playstyle, like Etali, Primal Storm, Debtors' Knell, Worldspine Wurm and Mind's Dilation. Ugin, the Spirit Dragon is a boardwipe that spares Golos and sticks around as a nuisance and possibly even a long-term threat.
Another great card with Golos is Illusionist's Bracers. Twice the madness.
Given the deck's reliance on Golos himself, I'd think it almost mad not to run some protection, such as Lightning Greaves, Darksteel Plate, Swiftfoot Boots, Hammer of Nazahn etc. Counterspells would be an option, but it's so sad to flip them with Golos...
Since Golos ramps on ETB, flicker cards like Teleportation Circle, Soulherder, Conjurer's Closet and Thassa, Deep-Dwelling can each get you one free land every turn, not limited to basics. Running all of them is probably... A different deck. One or two might be nice.
If you do go with that approach, you have lots of options, like Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth + Cabal Coffers for lots of mana, The World Tree, Cascading Cataracts and Crystal Quarry for fixing, or utility lands like Maze of Ith and Mystifying Maze. Since these are lands that are perfectly fine to draw on their own, this takes up a lot less deck space than it might initially seem like.
I hope I've given you some ideas at least!
3 months ago
Elf ball with blue? Clone Legion targeting self, your legendarys triggers etb then get sacrificed. note that they "see" each other entering the battlefield so if for instance you only have 4 legendary creatures one is Purphoros, God of the Forge , the original "sees" all 4 enter, and the copy "sees" the other 3 enter, the abilities go on the stack and you have to pick one each, then deal a total of 14 damage to your opponents!
4 months ago
4 months ago
4 months ago
I’m looking to build my first Pioneer deck, and of course it’s prowess! I have some random cards mostly EDH stuff that I wanna trade for my new deck. If you’re interested in cards under $2 you can look through my binder, can’t promise everything is up to date though.
- 4x Steam Vents
- 3x Spirebluff Canal
- 3x Soul-Scar Mage
- 2x Sulfur Falls
- 3x Riverglide Pathway Flip
- 2x Sprite Dragon
- 4x Monastery Swiftspear (would prefer Time Spiral remastered but any will work)
- 1x Prismari Command
- 2x Shivan Reef *
- 4x Expressive Iteration
- 3x Aether Gust
- 4x Wild Slash
- 1x Alpine Moon
- 2x Crash Through *
- 1x Spikefield Hazard Flip
- 1x Annul or Annul *
- 2x Shock *
- 1x Fry
- 2x Lava Coil
- 8x Island and 8x Mountain *