|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Fate Reforged (FRF)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Return target creature to its owner's hand. You put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of that creature.
Supplant Form Discussion
1 month ago
Neat build! Morophon seems like a good choice as the red-herring general. I went for Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis for my build since he helps draw into tutors, though I am jealous of your access to black.
Anyway you might like these: Debt of Loyalty , Natural Affinity , Dovescape , Possibility Storm , Replicate, Willbreaker , Baral's Expertise , Harnessed Lightning , Green Sun's Zenith , Spellseeker , Fists of Flame , Verdant Rebirth , Supplant Form , Hatred , Supernatural Stamina
3 months ago
Also, stuff that allows you to steal creatures from other people seems pretty alright by me. You'll be the controller, so you still get to 'search' your library for Fblthp even if you 'sacrifice' their creature to the staff. I'm thinking Bribery , Treachery , Mind Control , In Bolas's Clutches , and Sudden Substitution . Even though you can't have creatures in your library, you can still have creatures on your board! :D
In a similar vein, I'd recommend stuff like Clone Legion , Mirage Mirror , Mirror Match , Rite of Replication , Saheeli's Artistry , Stolen Identity , Supplant Form . These let you copy creatures in play, which is (I cannot stress this enough) VERY POWERFUL with counterspell support. The ability to let only certain threats slip through the cracks means you are effectively deciding what you want to copy later. Let them have their It That Betrays for now, you can just make 5 token copies of it next turn with Rite of Replication. Clones, with counterspell support and protection, can be an alternate win condition in their own right. After all, other people planned on winning with that creature - why can't you?
4 months ago
I would consider consider double your number of ramp artifacts from 5 -> 10, so your total amount is 11. Next I would look at the sorcery spells list and see if could find alternatives at instant speed.
I think you are on the low side on protection spells for mizzix. You can use counter spells, protective equipment/enchantments or bounce spells. I dislike protective equipment/enchantments because they don't give experience counters, and they typical get attached at sorcery speed. Counter spells can be good but I have come to love bounce spells the most. I can see you have a few like Regress . They are good because in the early game, they still give you an experience counter before Mizzix gets returned to your hand. With counter spells in multiplayer im often able to counter one thing, and then there are 2 other players i can't defend against. It is easier if just get Mizzix back to my hand. Bounce spells that also can draw or get back to your hand are nice, such as Capsize , Blink of an Eye , Repulse , Mystic Confluence .
You could consider mana spells Mana Geyser , Inner Fire (if you often can draw many cards), Brass's Bounty . Mana Geyser could even be considered a replacement for mizzix (if she get hated), it is not unlikely in a late multiplayer game to get +30 mana from it. Anyway, these "ramp" spells help you storm off better.
For win conditions, it looks like you are storming. Why not also use Ignite Memories ? If you experience that you often sit with a an empty hand you could consider some "wheel" effects, Commit / Memory , Windfall .
Some defensive spells i like is AEtherize and AEtherspouts . Once your opponent have tried running into these they will hate attacking you in the future.
Finally i have had some fun with Radiate . Its instant speed, so you can use it just before your own turn. If you combine it with a kicked Blink of an Eye you can return all non-land permanents and draw a card for each permanent you bounced this way. The total cost is i 9 CMC without Mizzix. You could also, with Mizzix make a game ending combo with Radiate + Supplant Form . In your case it could be used with your burn spells (that targets single creature/player) or with Prophetic Bolt .
7 months ago
Congratulations for your deck! I like the idea of cloning stuff, and I am still trying to find a build that works. If I can give you a hint, prefer cards that can clone any creature on the field over the cards that can only clone your creatures (everyone should have a Consecrated Sphinx , right? Not only your opponent).
I don't feel like would help you much with cloning. The best (and maybe only) white card that refers to cloning is Mirrorweave .
If you look at https://edhrec.com/themes/clones, you will see that almost all clone effects are blue: Clone , Vizier of Many Faces , Gigantoplasm , Vesuvan Shapeshifter , Body Double , Mirror Image , Supplant Form , Blatant Thievery , Clone Legion , Mirror Match . If you want to copy spells aswell, Insidious Will , Swarm Intelligence and Spelltwine are there for you.
gives you Evil Twin and all black tutors and removal.
gives you Altered Ego , Progenitor Mimic , Spitting Image and all of green ramp and removal. For me, it is the best color to splash on a blue clone deck, because it also allows the Biovisionary alternative win-condition.
As long as commander suggestions are concerned, here are some ideas:
Riku of Two Reflections is the go-to clone commander. He has all the relevant colors for cloning (), but he is crazy expensive at 20 dollars, so it might be good to consider other options:
You can have Keiga, the Tide Star as your commander. This way, you can clone him and let the copy Keiga die to the legend rule. When the Keiga copy dies, you can steal an opponent's creature, while still having the original Keiga.
You can have Brudiclad, Telchor Engineer as your commander. He is a win condition by himself, giving tokens haste and making all of them bigger. Red gives you a lot of token generators: Brass's Bounty , Flameshadow Conjuring , Storm the Vault Flip among others. Imagine creating a token copy of a Kokusho, the Evening Star , then turn all your tokens into Kokusho, then sacrificing all them to the legend rule, then draining all your oponents for lethal. Great value!
You can have Tatyova, Benthic Druid as your commander. She doesn't refer to a clone strategy, but she gives a lot of card draw by just playing lands (your hand will always be filled). You can clone Rampaging Baloths and Avenger of Zendikar for a massive win. Also, you have access to all the blue-green clones and the Biovisionary + Rite of Replication combo.
If you want to use altogether, you might consider Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder or Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis . Yidris allows you to use Evil Twin and all the black removal. Yidris also increases the value you get from playing spells by cascading into other spells. // K&T, on the other hand, gives you card advantage and makes you less threatening while you build your board. White also gives you access to great boardwipes ( Austere Command ).
All in all, good luck in your deckbuilding and have fun!
7 months ago
8 months ago
I haven't fleshed out the description for the new list yet, but the general gist is it takes the ideas from this list and trims down the CMC (TappedOut doesn't do CMC for split cards correctly, so the number it reports is wrong), adds protection effects, efficient standalone token producers, efficient targeted clone spells, and tries to go instant speed where it can, and it removes the slow, narrow, and situational cards. In general, it's faster and more resilient with fewer dead cards and more potential to win out of nowhere.
Notable removals from this deck:
- Mentor effects: Talrand, Sky Summoner , Docent of Perfection Flip, Metallurgic Summonings : Mentor effects are slow, removal magnets, and generally not as good as efficient standalone token producers (the same four mana for Talrand gets you five creatures immediately off Hunted Troll ) or clone spells. These three were cut because they're the most expensive, plus Talrand and Summonings don't have the same synergy with the added clone effects.
- Targeted token makers: Adverse Conditions , AEther Mutation , Supplant Form : Expensive, replaced by cheaper clones like Quasiduplicate . Clones have additional synergy with Hunted creatures and the few ETB utility dudes ( Eternal Witness , Imperial Recruiter , Spellseeker ).
- Wincons: Berserk , Confront the Unknown , Fiery Gambit , Willbreaker : Berserk and Confront have been replaced by Appeal / Authority , though Confront might still be better. Gambit is a 3-mana wincon that's annoying to resolve and still doesn't win through infinite life like LabMan does. It's been replaced by Kari Zev's Expertise , which is a wincon, untap/haste effect for Earthcraft, Cryptolith Rite, and Natural Affinity, and also has the insane ability to cast a spell from your hand for free for each creature, and each of those spells then gets copied as well. Willbreaker is painfully slow, requires you to cast another spell to actually do anything, and doesn't even give the haste/untap from red threaten effects. If the deck needs to pass the turn after it tries to go off, Willbreaker's likely going to get removed anyway.
- Synergy: Isochron Scepter and Unsubstantiate : Too slow, and your cheap instants are redundant enough that you don't really need to be able to repeat a specific one. Plus, most of the time you'd want to put a cantrip on it, and Scepter actually increases the cost of those. These are slow win-more cards that look clever but don't actually end up doing much in practice because the deck is already plenty redundant.
- Hexproof equipment: Swiftfoot Boots and Champion's Helm : Cut for Lightning Greaves . Shroud looks anti-synergistic, but the zero equip cost means you can move it over to a token on your turn when you're ready to do things and it can be used to give a mana army haste for Cryptolith Rite or Natural Affinity. If you need to protect Ink-Treader while actually going off, shroud is worse than hexproof, but generally you'll just wait to go off until you have a protection spell ready.
- Cantrip: Shadow Rift : This was actually the hardest cut. Instant-speed targeted cantrips are what makes the deck tick, and for a while I had Refocus in. I eventually decided that the difference between 10 and 11 1-mana cantrips was negligible, and Shadow Rift is the worst one (it does literally nothing; everything having shadow is the same as nothing having shadow). All of the others have at least some utility or synergy.
There's actually an infinite combo in the deck with Spellseeker + Earthcraft/Cryptolith Rite: With one of the rampchantments and Inktreader in play plus some mana to start, cast Spellseeker into Twinflame . Twinflame (radiated) copies Spellseeker and gets more hasty dudes to tap for mana. New Seeker gets Regrowth , which gets Twinflame back. Twinflame again gets you even more dudes, plus two new Spellseekers. One of those seekers gets Eladamri's Call into Eternal Witness , which gets Twinflame back, the other seeker getting a cantrip. The next Twinflame not only gets you four more seeker-tutors, it also gives you another Witness, which can get back Twinflame again, and further Twinning makes multiple Witnesses so you can get back your graveyard, all while drawing your deck through the cantrips you've seeker'd up and getting an infinite army of hasty dudes for attacking and mana (you're tapping two for Twinflame mana every iteration, but each cast doubles your army size).
The most exciting single new card by far is Electrodominance . For a long time I had Savage Summoning in the list because instant speed is so important for combo decks, and this just replaced it. Dominance has the downside of not being able to cast Ink-Treader from the command zone, but it works on all spell types instead of just creatures, can be used as removal in a pinch, AND it's targeted, which means it has the Kari Zev's Expertise effect of casting a free spell for each creature on the field that then also get radiated. We play targeted indestructible effects for protection and Pongify anyways, so you're likely to not even reduce the creature count from the Dominance damage. EOT radiated Electrodominance for X=3 is generally game.
9 months ago
Hey, bounce of your opponent's permanents is a fine strategy, but consider expanding on this strategy? More bouncing or blinking of your own creatures with ETB abilities to then get more value from them.
Budget cards ($5 or less each) to consider adding:
- Frantic Search : instant draw that's also good with High Tide.
- Peregrine Drake : good with High Tide, bounce and blink.
- Turnabout : good with High Tide.
- Snap : good with High Tide, bounce your own creature or an opponents.
- Spellseeker : tutor for High Tide or any other 2 or less CMC instant or sorcery. Good with bounce/blink.
- Merchant Scroll : tutor for High Tide, Supplant Form, Capsize or any other instant.
- Mystic Remora : one of the best repeatable ways to draw in multiplayer Commander.
- Supplant Form : instant speed grandeur with Linessa.
- Capsize : bounce any permanent including a land and buyback is powerful.
- Crystal Shard : repeatable bounce of your creatures.
- Temporal Adept : repeatable bounce of yours or opponents permanent.
- Aphetto Alchemist : repeatable untap of Heidar, Temporal Adept, Crystal Shard, etc.
- Freed from the Real : enchant a creature who has a ability to use that ability many times a turn. Good with Linessa, Alchemist, Heidar, Temporal, etc.
- Tidespout Tyrant : repeatable bounce of yours or opponents permanents. Combos with Sol Ring.
- Deadeye Navigator : repeatable blink, combos with Peregrine Drake. Good with any other creature who has an ETB ability such as Archaeomancer.
- Azure Mage : mana sink to draw.
- Stunt Double : instant speed Clone. Clones are good with bounce/blink.
- Vizier of Many Faces
- Displace : blink that combos with Peregrine Drake and Archaeomancer.
- Mind Stone : two drop mana rock that ETB untapped.
- Prismatic Lens
Cards to consider cutting:
- 2x Island
- Aeon Chronicler
- Burnished Hart
- Jeering Homunculus
- Mu Yanling
- Jace, Ingenious Mind-Mage
- Soramaro, First to Dream
- Disappearing Act
- Dream Fracture
- Vision Skeins
- Split Decision
- Reality Strobe
- Grasping Current
- Rhythmic Water Vortex
- Argentum Armor
- Coveted Jewel
I offer more advice if you want it, including explanations about cards I'm suggesting to add/cut. Good luck with your deck.
10 months ago
Hi, here are some cards which could be fun: Clone Legion , Faerie Artisans , Mirrorworks , Stolen Identity , Supplant Form . Expect Mirrorworks every card can copy creatures from your opponent which is double the fun then creating a copy of your own creatures.
Supplant Form occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%