Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
Omen of the Hunt
When Omen of the Hunt enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a basic land card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
, Sacrifice Omen of the Hunt: Scry 2.
6 months ago
Thanks for commenting, Lord_of_Cardboard!
This deck would do exceptionally well against a Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger deck. This is for the same reason that cards like Jace's Archivist do so well in the deck: if you have have Muldrotha on the battlefield, any cards you discard might as well still be in your hand cause you can simply replay them from your graveyard. If anything, an opposing Kroxa player is almost helping you by disrupting your other opponents' hands.
As for a budget version of the deck, here's some advice on budget options and replacements. Just note that this is advice specific to my Muldrotha deck, i.e., advice for the big mana and big X-spell strategy. If you'd rather play a more typical creature-based, swing-to-kill type deck, there may be better Muldrotha lists to look at.
The mana base makes up a large portion of the deck's budget, and I would leave that mostly up to your own discretion. Just keep in mind that fetch lands like Evolving Wilds and slow fetches like Bad River are good for being replayed every turn with Muldrotha. Also, for a budget version of the deck, it's important to run more basics than I do since you'll probably need to fetch more with your ramp. Cycle lands like Lonely Sandbar, Tranquil Thicket, and Barren Moor are fantastic, especially with Life from the Loam. Some other good options:
Which brings me to another point: if I had to pick one somewhat expensive card that's worth putting in a budget Muldrotha deck, it's this one. It's a one-card value engine, giving you card draw, mill, and lands. And depending on what utility lands you choose to run, it can do a whole lot more. And if you're worried about Kroxa in your meta, Life from the Loam is a great counter to it, allowing you to fill your hand with lands to discard.
Now to address key cards for the deck's "big mana" strategy. Important cards for generating a lot of mana include Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Cabal Coffers, Dryad of the Ilysian Grove, Crypt Ghast, and Nyxbloom Ancient. You could just replace these cards with normal ramp; casting X-spells for X=10 is still good and easy to accomplish without these cards. If that's unsatisfying for you, you could consider options like Zendikar Resurgent and Mana Reflection. Unfortunately there aren't many great cheap options for producing a lot of mana. This is an important part of the deck though, so it's up to you if it's worth spending some extra money on it.
To avoid this comment being any more lengthy than it already is, here's an extensive list of some budget alternatives for the deck. The great thing about Muldrotha is that being able to replay removal makes a lot of sub-par removal actually pretty good, so it's pretty budget friendly.
Win-Conditions: What's in the deck isn't too expensive, but here's some cheaper options.
- Mass Manipulation
- Gelatinous Genesis
- Mind Grind
- Hydra Broodmaster
- Other hydras (there's lots of them)
- Plaguecrafter / Demon's Disciple
- Seal of Doom / Shriekmaw / Executioner's Capsule
- Night Incarnate
- Outland Liberator Flip
- Thrashing Brontodon
- Kenrith's Transformation / Frogify / Kasmina's Transmutation
- Vraska the Unseen / Ob Nixilis Reignited
- Sidisi's Faithful
Draw / Mill:
- Vessel of Nascency
- Satyr Wayfinder
- Tatyova, Benthic Druid
- Mirror-Mad Phantasm
- Dreamborn Muse
- River Kelpie
- Witching Well
- Courier's Capsule
- Omen of the Sea
- Fact or Fiction
- Forgotten Creation
- Kiora, Master of the Depths
- Springbloom Druid
- Burnished Hart
- Dawntreader Elk
- Diligent Farmhand
- Kodama's Reach
- Wayfarer's Bauble
- Font of Fertility
- Omen of the Hunt
- Yavimaya Elder
- Kiora, the Crashing Wave
Control and other good stuff:
- Zur's Weirding
- Siren Stormtamer
- Drown in the Loch
- Elephant Grass
- Scribe of the Mindful
- Malakir Rebirth Flip
- Raven's Crime
- Malevolent Hermit Flip
- Energy Flux
- Other counterspells
If you have any other questions about budget options, let me know. I'm always happy to help!
1 year ago
Other Cards that you could consider cutting
- Ondu Giant => Seedguide Ash this card is one more mana expsive and has to die inorder to get the lands, but could be such a good upside. This dieing with your commander reads ramp 3 draw 3 cards and gain 3 life
- Soratami Mirror-Guard I get what you are doing here, but I feel like there are better payoffs for this
- Timbermaw Larva => Rampaging Brontodon trample is 1,000% better on this card
- Wakeroot Elemental 5 greens for a 5/5? way overcosted
- Wave-Wing Elemental again similar argument to Windrider Eel not that big of an impact
- Wild Wanderer good but could have better options
- Aetherflux Reservoir I know this is good in commander but why? No synergy at all, there has to be a better card slot here
- Elixir of Immortality I used to put this in all of my decks too, but it is counter productive to your stragay with cards like Splendid Reclamation and The Mending of Dominaria
- Wayfarer's Bauble There is better ramp than this in green
- I see why you have Jiang Yanggu but I feel like there is stronger cards than that. I cut the card to tutor Journey for the Elixir for him sorry :(
- There are a bunch of other better than Ranger's Path you could add, I'll show them in the recommendations
- Future Sight and Ominous Seas both seem strange here. I get future sight can draw cards, BUT I feel you should use mana sinks rather than off the top of your library draw
- Ghostly Flicker is on thin ice, like yes you have all the etb creatures but sometimes it is a dead card. meh at best?
Other Cards that you could consider adding
This is where the fun begins and your wallet cries
- You want Nissa, Who Shakes the World great card, it is a mana doubler ramp, and also you just win with the ultimate
- I heard you like ramp try Tireless Provisioner and pick up one for me while you are at it please
- Here is a gaint list of green ramp Harrow , Growth Spiral , Explore , Khalni Heart Expedition , Roiling Regrowth , Grow from the Ashes , Urban Evolution , Migration Path , Natural Connection , Nissa's Renewal , Nylea's Intervention , Spring / Mind , Animist's Awakening , Omen of the Hunt
- Keeping your life total at a high level Kazandu Nectarpot , Grazing Gladehart , Retreat to Kazandu , Jaddi Offshoot
- Mana Sinks, you are going to have a lot of mana, might as well do something with it Kamahl's Druidic Vow ummm.... yes? Kefnet the Mindful one of my favorite Gods, that doesn't have a place. I look forward to getting attacked by him Sprout Swarm it is really easy for this card to be "free"
That is all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure I'll have more la
1 year ago
ya so youve gotten alot of the good bant enchantments down but theres some that you missed that I think are really good. With Bant enchantments it gives you a way to modify your removal package to be a bit more synergistic. cards like Frogify , Mystic Subdual , Prison Realm , Darksteel Mutation , Kenrith's Transformation and even On Thin Ice if you run snow lands are great synergistic removal spells that can shut down commanders while also drawing you tons of cards or other effects.
Mirrormade is just another copy of your best enchantment
you've already got your card draw all on enchantments which is great but have you thought about ramp too? You can very easily go all in on enchantments this way with land auras. Cards like Fertile Ground , Wild Growth , Overgrowth , Utopia Sprawl , Omen of the Hunt all make your lands better.
finally Canopy Cover is really cool, and i'd drop eutropia, nessian wanderer, and thirst for meaning. You have better ways to get lands and draw cards
1 year ago
Cards to consider Alexi's Cloak , Omen of the Sea , Omen of the Hunt , Plaguecrafter , Spore Frog , Seal of Primordium , Secrets of the Dead , Throne of Death , Syr Conrad, The Grim, Perpetual Timepiece , Executioner's Capsule , Nihil Spellbomb , Aether Spellbomb , Sultai Ascendancy , Seal of Removal , The Eldest Reborn , Titans' Nest
1 year ago
I don't think Omen of the Hunt belongs here. It's just not a good card. You also probably want Yorion as a companion just because he synergizes so well with the Doom Foretold attitude. You'll also want more removal, like the fourth Binding the Old Gods and some spell removal like Heartless Act . Take a look at some of the other Abzan Doom decks around and see what works for them.
1 year ago
Lotus Ramp Example List:
4x Elvish Reclaimer as repeatable Lotus tutor
4x Sylvan Scrying as single-use Lotus tutor
4x Pelakka Wurm
Lotus and lands. You'd be winning with either Nissa or Pelakka Wurm.
t1 land, Elvish Reclaimer
t2 land, sylvan scrying
t3 land, Kiora
t4 use Reclaimer to jam Lotus, untap lotus with Kiora, Pore over the pages and Vizer to sift through your deck a bunch of times until you can jam Pelakka wurm.
That is, of course, a rough draft.
Wishclaw Blink exmaple deck:
4x Wishclaw Talisman
4x Oath of Kaya
1x Nine Lives
4x Fatal Push
Plus some stuff, get to 80 cards, add Yorion in SB as companion, eventually win with token flood.
I want you to look at those too first-draft fairly optimized decks. Take a really good look. I want you to count the number of cards that are in both decks.
Now, I want you to do this exercise: guess how many cards in the lotus ramp deck can go in the wishclaw deck, and how many cards from the wishclaw deck can go in the lotus ramp deck.
Tell me your answer, and we'll see if you're right.
1 year ago
You have three different decks here, you need to pick one of the following:
Lotus Field is exclusively used in Storm decks. However, it is plausible to build a green blue(nothing else) ramp deck that wants to untap lotus field a couple times and then drop cards like Pelakka Wurm. It's just not as well-documented.
Wishclaw is used in Wishclaw into Skybind loops, which would be a white green black deck that relies on Omen of the Sun , Omen of the Hunt , Oath of Nissa , and one or two copies of Eidolon of Blossoms for value. It would then eventually resolve a Yorion to flood the opponent with an extreme amount of value.
Energy would be a red green blue, possibly splash black midrange deck that is heavily interactive. You might even be able to get Snow to work, but that's entirely to add Frost Bite and nothing else.
1 year ago
Heyya Tanman, taking a look at the list and I have some broad critiques and some smaller ones. Let's start big.
You don't have enough +1/+1 counter cards to make it worth including payoffs for.
If you're playing infect, you're gonna need evasion, because no one in their right mind just lets an infect creature through, and honestly they're pretty small bois to begin with. Fleshing out the +1 counter package may help with this, big creatures are more troublesome to block and effects like Tuskguard Captain and Abzan Falconer can provide evasion beyond just being big and chunky.
You could do with a bit more ramp and a LOT more card draw.
Cards that are probably cuttable include:
Oko, the Trickster: I see this walker being cast for 6 mana, putting two +1 counters on one of your dudes, and immediately being focused to death by the rest of the table because its ult wins the game. You'd honestly be better off with Citadel Siege, it's harder to kill.
Arrest, Luminous Bonds, and Pacifism: in our meta, with so many creatures that either don't need to attack or can just be sacrificed, you're better off using kill spells like Mortify, Putrefy, or Swords to Plowshares (especially Swords bc exile beats recursion).
Grave Betrayal: such a sweet card, but much too slow.
Omen of the Dead and Omen of the Hunt: neither of these really do anything to further your gameplan. The fact that they're enchantments doesn't matter to this deck, and there are stronger recursion and ramp options.
Sunbond: There are 5 cards in this entire deck that gain you life. Goes great with your commander but there are a lot of things I'd rather spend my turn 4 on.
Courage in Crisis: Three whole mana for this effect? It's not a horrible card, but definitely inefficient.
Debt to the Deathless: This card would only be okay if damage was your primary win condition. As is? Not good.
Duneblast: The 7-mana slot may not be ideal for a wrath? Maybe this one is fine tho, idk.
Planewide Celebration: 7 mana to proliferate four times? No.
Storm Herd: Once again, this might be fine if damage was your wincon. You'd get a bunch of evasive attackers. As is? Probably not good.
Altogether though, great first deck, this would've kicked the crap out of my old Marath build back in the day.