|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Aether Revolt (AER)||Uncommon|
|FNM Promos (FNM)||None|
|Promo Set (000)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
- Sacing a mirrorpool to copy a fatal push: when is revolt checked on fatal push
- Unmanning a man land with land-changing abilities?
- Improvise and Fatal Push
- If I have a Phantasmal Image that is a copy of a selfless spirit and it get's targeted by a fatal push, can I sacrifice it in response to the phantasmal image static ability (to sacrifice it)?
- Fatal push with dimir Aqueduct
Destroy target creature if it has converted mana cost 2 or less.
Revolt — Destroy that creature if it has converted mana cost 4 or less instead if a permanent you controlled left the battlefield this turn.
Fatal Push Discussion
1 day ago
If you're playing aggro, you want 4 Blooming Marsh and probably 0 Quagmire. Advocate is probably not very good here if you're running only 23 lands because it will be very difficult to get to 6 lands in Pioneer. I would also drop Field of Ruin because, again, you're an aggro deck simply trying to clock your opponent. There aren't any threatening lands in the format to warrant a slot to a colorless mana source. I would Max out on Knight of the Ebon Legion and Scrapheap Scrounger .
Here's what I would change: -4 Sylvan Advocate -1 Scavenging Ooze -1 Tireless Tracker -2 Questing Beast -1 Liliana, the Last Hope -1 Vraska, Golgari Queen -3 Fatal Push -1 Collective Brutality -2 Field of Ruin -2 Hissing Quagmire
Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
As for the Sideboard, you probably don't need Plague anymore, since Field of the Dead is.. well, dead. I would honestly set it up for what you most expect to play against. X number of Duress, Graveyard hate (Ashiok/Leyline of the Void/Scooze), Artifact hate (Reclamation Sage), Creature hate (Cast Down/Doom Blade/Languish/Cry of the Carnarium). There will still be some Nissa/Big Mana decks you'll have to look out for.
1 day ago
Thanks for the feedback Red_X, I really appreciate it!
I see what you're saying about Drown in the Loch and I've thought about that too - keeping two mana up is asking quite a bit for a more aggressive deck. I will note though that the hand disruption, removal, Liliana , and your opponent's fetchlands also fill their graveyard. Even with that though, I agree that two mana is a lot and will probably opt for Fatal Push instead.
Yeah, I'm a sucker for cute interactions (which explains why casual EDH is probably my favorite format) and I agree that Invisible Stalker is really at its best when you're neutral or ahead on board. I toyed around with other unblockable creatures, but initially decided on Invisible Stalker since it can dodge spot removal - I'd hate to scavenge only for the targeted creature to get blown up. Funny, I just thought about Bitterblossom on my way home from work the other day. I like that idea! Evasive creatures, makes Death's Shadow stronger, and can make Tarmogoyf even stronger since it's both an enchantment and tribal.
Okay, gotcha. I haven't done too much testing of Liliana vs. Oko , but yeah, Tron, Urza, and aggro (esp. humans) are all very popular these days, so I can move Oko to the main board and side in Liliana for control or grindier matchups if it fits.
Thanks so much again!
2 days ago
A few comments.
First, I don't know if Drown in the Loch is the best card for this deck. You aren't milling your opponent except for vantress, and you really want to be proactive in the early turns so you don't have the mana to keep drowned up. Other removal spells may be better, like Go for the Throat , Fatal Push , or extra copies of what you've got already.
Second, Invisible Stalker seems too cute to me. Without varolz stalker is just dealing 1 point of damage a turn, which seems really weak. If you had something like Kitesail Freebooter or Bitterblossom that was a good card on its own that had evasion, varolz could work with that, but stalker just felt like a bad card whenever I drew it on the limited testing I did.
Finally, I would switch out the Liliana for oko, but that may be personal preference/bias. I feel like Oko is better against tron and aggro and may be worse in the attrition mirror, but not by a huge margin. However, I haven't played with the deck a ton and you may find one works a lot better than the other.
I like the deck.
2 days ago
I would suggest dropping 2 Diregraf Ghoul (Leaving you still with 10 1 drops) and adding 2 more Thoughtseize . Depending on your meta, I would also suggest Fatal Push over Spark Harvest . Also adding 1 or 2 Castle Locthwain over swamps costs nothing and may win you a game or 2. 2-4 Liliana, Untouched By Death would help with your late game. You may be able to cut Dark Salvation for it.
I like the deck! The Zombie tribe is one of my favorites.
2 days ago
Pioneer is a fun format and the meta just received a shake up, but even so, the power level of decks can swing closer to Modern than Standard. Which I guess brings me to your deck, conventional wisdom is that life-gain for the sake of life-gain is not a good strategy. Normally a deck aiming to gain life will run Approach of the Second Sun or Felidar Sovereign a win condition based on what your deck wants to do. You're not running these though, instead you have a deck primarily made up of 2 CMC creature spells. That casting cost is relevant because, that's the cost that Fatal Push alongside others like Legion's End kill.
Don't get me wrong, Lone Rider is a cool card, but it needs better support. Healer's Hawk, is a cheap efficient enough creature, but Sacred Cat represents an easy 2-for-1. I'd swap Adanto Vanguard to Wall of Essence spending removal on a wall is a bad deal, but if your opponent doesn't it can gain you significant life. I'd run straight removal Declaration in Stone or Stasis Snare rather than Dromoka's Command. I'd also suggest you look at Blind Obedience this stalls your opponent and lets you spend extra mana. In green there is also Feed the Clan which might come in useful...
I hope this helps, good luck brewing your deck.
3 days ago
- Jund is amazing in every way except for you wallet. That is the worst part of jund. Discard spells impower your Tarmogoyf so running those is super important. Enough to want more Thoughtseize
- Dark Confidant is really good. It helps fight back the down side of discard cards. would recommand, and its early black devotion. Even when we take 5 on Gary when we cast him we heal so there is up side. Getting closer to our win con is always better. We dont need 20 life to win only 1.
- Scavenging Ooze is pretty powerful, you do have rest in peace in the SB but its still worth considering.
- Plague Engineer can help as well. Id play only one though. I see some decks play Murderous Rider as well as a one of.
- Collective Brutality is a very powerful card. I have been on the receiving end many times and lost because of the value this card gets you.
- I would recommend more removal. Espically at least 1x Abrupt Decay and one more Assassin's Trophy . Id be even more comfortable playing 2 more Fatal Push .
- The Reasons for blue: oko,3/3 elks, oko, and filtering with Snap caster. Unless you fight a lot of burn dont go blue.
- Reasons for red: Bolt is Life (cheap removal), Blood braid value (remember she was banned for some time), and wrenn and six. Jund is much more powerful than this build. That being said its not the archtype, and its wayyyyy more spendy.
- For land you want at least to "horizon lands" such as Nurturing Peatland and fast lands such as Blooming Marsh . Field of Ruin can also really help.
- Kitchen Finks is a great SB card and so is Fulminator Mage . Most play Nihil Spellbomb but you have white so you dont need this. By adding all this removal you wont need Damnation in your SB.
- Not a big fan of Mishra's Bauble or Grim Flayer . 10 Fetches is also a little high i would consider cutting down on those. To 6 or 8.
- You are abzan so i will say Worship is a card Giver of Runes Path to Exile and Angel's Grace are cards. As well as Siege Rhino . White also gets you Vizier of Remedies + Devoted Druid for infinite mana. - Tireless Tracker is also a good card draw engine although its not black.
- Other cards to consider Postmortem Lunge Eladamri's Call Finale of Devastation Sin Collector Eidolon of Rhetoric and Collector Ouphe
3 days ago
4x Treasure Cruise seems a bit high, especially with no JVP; I might recommend going -1 Cruise, -1 Traverse the Ulvenwald , -1 Walking Ballista and +3 Jace, Vryn's Prodigy Flip. This will make all of your cards a little better by filling the yard, and also be less of a nonbo for Grim Flayer when you delve away the yard with Cruise.
I think you also want 2-4 Fatal Push in the mix, and that'll also get better with JVP, for flashback potential. That being said, I think this looks like a good list that's a lot of fun. Sultai is fantastic in pioneer.
3 days ago
Yeah I've been doing a lot of testing against DRS and Its looking like a pretty good argument against it so far. A few situations I'd rather have it, but as it stands it's doing pretty okay without. May be even better if the Gideon Blackblade thing works out.
I hadn't even thought of Gideon Blackblade yet. Seems really decent for this build. Will test for sure.
As for Fatal Push , I retest it every time I change something. Every time so far I've found it wanting, but that's not to say it wont be good.
Fatal Push occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.83%
All decks: 0.52%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%