Destroy target creature if it has converted mana cost 2 or less.
Revolt — Destroy that creature if it has converted mana cost 4 or less instead if a permanent you controlled left the battlefield this turn.
|Have (3)||NapoleonBonaparte , , gildan_bladeborn|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
- Sacing a mirrorpool to copy a fatal push: when is revolt checked on fatal push
- Improvise and Fatal Push
- If I have a Phantasmal Image that is a copy of a selfless spirit and it get's targeted by a fatal push, can I sacrifice it in response to the phantasmal image static ability (to sacrifice it)?
- Fatal push with dimir Aqueduct
- Veilstone Amulet timing
Latest Decks as Commander
Fatal Push Discussion
55 minutes ago
1 day ago
Too many lands. Cut 3-4.
Ajani's Mantra is bad.
Ajani's Welcome isn't needed here in my opinion, if you really want this kind of effect put in Soul's Attendant since it gives you life off of Cleric of Life's Bond. I probably wouldn't add either though.
Brave the Sands probably not worth it.
Cradle of Vitality . Even worse than Boon Reflection. Costs 4 mana to get it out and then requires a 2 mana investment everytime for not that much payoff.
1 day ago
2 days ago
Cool concept! Here are some of my initial thoughts and comments after reading through the list a few times.
I really don't like Blood Speaker . A 4 mana 3/2 vanilla that tutors a demon to hand for 4 mana everytime - if it let you tutor one onto the battlefield it might actually be playable. I would cut all of these.
The main issues I see with the deck are your disruption package. I would add more efficient removal like Lightning Bolt and Fatal Push over a lot of your Go for the Throat s and Terminate s (I'd leave 1 Terminate for Murktide decks). Grim Return doesn't seem super great either.
I'd also include hand disruption in a playset of Inquisition of Kozilek , since I assume Thoughtseize is out of your price range. Discard is just a staple in any black midrange deck like this. While these cards might be a little more expensive than the other cards in the deck, Bolt/Push/Inquisition are all modern staples that can slot into most red/black decks and are unlikely to lose their value anytime soon.
Mark of the Oni is cute, so if you really have fun with it in the deck then of course that's fine, it just doesn't seem very good because the best time to drop it is earlier in the game to survive and you can't really play it early game. The only cheap demons I could find are Dream Devourer and Scourge of the Skyclaves which could slot in if you want to keep Mark of the Oni. Only run Scourge if you are running a playset of bolt though. If you have the money for Scourge I'd definitely get it, although it's pretty expensive.
Since you have Skirsdag High Priest , you probably need some lower costed creatures. While Fetid Imp fits the theme, its really bad. I'd cut it. Honestly something like Dark Confidant would be great here since you can tap it to Skirsdag and it gives you some much needed draw power, but it's really expensive. I can't really think of any other good 1-2 cmc black creatures that fit the hell theme (except asmor but she doesn't count lol), but there are definitely some good ones out there.
Some other devils/demons are Sin Prodder (need that draw engine?), Desecration Demon , which gets really brutal with Archfiend of Depravity, and Doom Whisperer . I'm sad that Master of Cruelties probably doesn't fit here since he's my favorite demon.
3 days ago
Mass Hysteria is an interesting option, I will test it out to see how I like it.
Damn is a definite inclusion. Thrilling Discovery is an amazing way to dig through the deck while simultaneously gaining life and discarding cards. I think it’s worth running Red just for that, but Wear / Tear and the boost to Prismatic Ending is a plus. Collective Brutality and Bone Shards discard cards, but this deck desperately needs more card draw that Discovery provides. Esper is a good solution for this card-draw problem and I like Gifts Ungiven , but I personally favor a lean mana base of 21-22 lands, and Gifts is expensive mana-wise to cast consistently with this lean mana base. But it boils down to personal preference.
4 days ago
Right off the cuff I would cut Blood Seeker , Voracious Vampire and Brave the Sands as they dont help you win with your life shenanigans. Keeping 1 copy of Blood Seeker may be decent against token or creature decks but that's up to you. Blood Burglar to me seems like a sub-optimal version of Vampire of the Dire Moon and Tithe Drinker so I would swap those. If you have the wallet, Exquisite Blood makes you go infinite with Vito so its an easy swap with Boon Reflection and Sorin, Imperious Bloodlord is insane, especially when combined with cards like Champion of Dusk and Sanctum Seeker . Indulging Patrician and Silversmote Ghoul is a path if you can consistently get to 3 life each turn. Some copies of Fatal Push or Heartless Act may do you some good because spot removal is nice in modern. You could also be spicy and go Abiding Grace + some decent one drops like Knight of the Ebon Legion , Indulgent Aristocrat , Guul Draz Assassin , Guul Draz Vampire and Vampire Cutthroat . That aside, Nighthawk Scavenger , Blood Artist , Legion's Landing Flip, Legion Lieutenant , and Drana's Emissary seem like they would fit nicely. I might cut some Cleric of life's bond as well, because its almost purely overshadowed by faster growing cards like Ajani's Pridemate and Sprite Dragon atm. I might also consider cutting 1 Boon Reflection and 1-2 lands to fit the mana curve a little more nicely. A lot of these are just pure suggestions, so the choice on what path is up to you. All in all, very cool deck. I am a big fan of trying to make Vito work, I hope you are successful in your journey and I hope this helps.
4 days ago
6 days ago
Thanks for the suggestions!
- For Disinformation Campaign , this is one I keep going back and fourth on in place of Notion Rain , and so far I've just found NR to be a little bit more effective for us, drawing us one more card, triggering our surveil-matters creatures one more time, and being able to be flashed-back with Mission Briefing , but I'll keep testing and see if DC isn't the correct play instead.
- Drown in the Loch is one on my radar, but without much in the way of dedicated mill, I'm just afraid it will be a dead card too often. If I find that's not the case and I'm usually filling my opponents graveyard quicker than expected with cards like Thought Erasure , then I'll start working a few copies in.
- Fatal Push is a fantastic card and would easily swap with Tyrant's Scorn , but doesn't fit with our budget unless we wanted to cut more Doom Whisperer s or start playing taplands.
- Eliminate 's slightly easier casting cost and ability to hit planeswalkers is an attractive alternative to Tyrant's Scorn , but I really like TS's flexibility to bounce larger creatures later in the game, which is a far more common occurrence than sub-4 mana planeswalkers at this price point. It might be worth making room for in the sideboard, and definitely to keep in mind in case I start seeing an increase in walkers in my local meta.