Creature — Human Shaman
, : Target creature you control fights another target creature.
Printings View all
|Modern Masters 2017 Edition (MM3)||Rare|
|Avacyn Restored (AVR)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Ulvenwald Tracker Discussion
1 week ago
- Defense of the Heart Monstrous Onslaught Defense of the Heart Ulvenwald Tracker Frontier Siege Genesis Wave Mosswort Bridge Hunter's Insight
Found Some more!
3 weeks ago
Ohran Frostfang: I loved it and I ran it, but it was too slow and it's competing with Ashaya/Seedborn. We also prefer our effects instantly at the cost when it comes to card advantage.
Shamanic Revelation: Often considered, sorc speed feels bad.
3 weeks ago
Profet93: To be honest, Strip Mine is not that prevalent in cEDH meta, at least in my experience. However, I wouldn't care too much if I lose something to any kind of hate. The deck is modal enough to shift gears. Ashaya, Soul of the Wild comes with its weaknesses, BUT it comes with a buttload strengths that far outweigh its downsides. This card also just supplements Temur Sabertooth by making the deck less reliant on him. Plus, we have Quirion Ranger (soon Scryb Ranger) to bounce it in a pinch.
I didn't know who you were on my discord, or I could've addressed all of these questions for you. Lmk who you are and I'd be happy to address any concerns or questions you might have.
Gemstone Caverns: Helps me EVERY time it's in my opening hand and I'm not first. It's a mild nuisance any other time. That alone is worth it and a VITAL part of the deck. We have a subpar general, we need all the speed we can get to keep up. This slot essential and most definitely optimal.
Blast Zone: The current density of colorless Mana is at the brink of overwhelming me with unusable Mana and I can't risk it for a symmetrical wipe that could hurt me unless I'm comboing out. It has applications and it COULD be useful, but I wouldn't run it in this version. Perhaps the budget version for sure. I'd put in Homeward Path before this though, as Gilded Drake is a constant threat.
Heroic Intervention: Love it, I want it, but I have Veil of Summer in that spot. I can't afford to remove something for a protection piece, even it's that great. However, if you find that your meta warrants this card, then by all means, run it. It's a helluva card and it's bound to help.
Duskwatch Recruiter Flip: Has been absolutely necessary and the second best outlet in the deck. When we get infinite we are in reality trying to assemble: Ulvenwald Tracker, Shaman of Forgotten Ways, and Thousand-Year Elixir. To do this we need Genesis Hydra, but we don't want to draw into the Elixir. Duskwatch Recruiter Flip gets us Genesis Hydra without drawing into it. Also allows me to re order the ENTIRE library to avoid certain pieces. It digs quite effectively and with Seedborn Muse it's insane. The cost reducer is actually quite great in early turns, since we can land drop and not cast anything, since we do it on other turns. It's a digger, outlet, cost reducer, and a fail-safe on a 2 mana creature.
1 month ago
Here are my favorites per color, and of course, colorless!:
Now, as I mentioned, there are plenty staples I didn't mention, here are some of the less common, more budget cards. If you want a list of all the dorks, draw engines, etc. that are at 1 cmc and should be run, just ask!
1 month ago
SynergyBuild: it's definitely not Cloudstone Curio and it's not what's up to get cut for Kogla. However, Kogla, the Titan Ape is a way better contingency plan with Hyrax Tower Scout, which would be the perfect candidate for the slot in just by being tutorable. The issue is finding a slot for the Ape himself. My recent spitball was Regal Force because:
One less; lowers curve (I know I'm reaching but I want this APE)
Eldritch can now search anything off of a Yeva sac
Selvala is LOADS stronger with it. Regal having only 5 power made domination lines impossible, so gog/bellower always.
Tutorable duplicant that deals with problem creatures I can't deal with if I don't draw Beast Within instant speed, or have Mouth of Ronom, or Ulvenwald Tracker w/o ss. Can be snuck out with Chord of Calling too :D
More artifact/enchantment removal!
We have Hyrax Tower Scout and Eternal Witness, yes (which could get us an outlet). However, Karametra's Acolyte with Thousand-Year Elixir on the field can be bounced as well for infinite, niche I know, but mentionable. (Leave me alone, I know I'm reaching)
Con: I lose an average of 4-6 card draws for 7 Mana..... Why does this rip my heart to shreds? Help me please!!
At this point I'm gonna take out a land... Jk, idk maybe. Help. I need spoilers to stop thinking about the Kogla+Hyrax package.
precociousapprentice: Love it!!! I agree, the core of the deck is basically the same, I just love seeing the what people chose in place of other things to see different flavors. The Emerald Medallion is great! You don't have to remove it, as it doesn't hurt it :).
1 month ago
- Its not bad to have extra red sources, Im just pointing out that its a spot to make cuts if you need to for budget reasons.
- Whispersilk Cloak is unneeded you have flying which is enough evasion to get past a lot of creatures, plus they are big so they eat blockers fast. The 2nd part gives it makes it so not even you can interact with the creature. It pretty much unneed being your pay offs already have regenerate, or hexproof, or a form of protection. It can also just be a 3 mana do nothing. You can do bigger and better things with that mana. ( samething basically with Veil of Secrecy ).
- Atarka's Command is a sweet card i use to play it in my competitive burn deck. You dont really need it. You are only ever really swinging with 1 or 2 creatures so the buff doesnt help, and dont need reach. The land drop isnt that amazing. Which means skull crack is probably a better card if you really want anti-life gain. Which also isnt really a probelm. If they just sit there and gain life you just cast more threats.
- Ulvenwald Tracker and Domri, Anarch of Bolas are simular cards. They both offer the same amount kind of removal, but dom ramps you and buffs your creatures. As well as protects against counterspells. His abilites also dont tie up mana.
- As for sideboarding: what enchantment ruins your deck. You already have 2 main board options why have 3 more? Sideboard cards offer a solution to a problem. I dont know what probelm you are trying to fix. What matchup do you need Heartless Hidetsugu for?
2 months ago
multimedia oh boy I am playing the same deck and I have some suggestions on what to cut and suggestions on what to put in as well
BUT these are just a suggestion
3 months ago
I love Polukranos, his issue however, is that he costs 4 mana to bring out and outside of the kill turn he was rarely used as removal. Unlike Ulvenwald Tracker, which can be a good interaction piece leading up to his eventual win loop. Tracker loops are as hard to accomplish as infinite mana loops are, so if you weren't stopped before getting there then the convoluted nature of tracker loops are negligible at that point.